IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

I feel like more of the Duggar men will follow the path that John David has taken and wait to get engaged where as the women are ready for husbands the second they turn 18 and I think it all goes back to their upbringing. Women's main purpose to to have and raise the children so they have to get on that as soon as possible. Which says a lot about their self worth. The men can take time to buy property, seek careers opportunities (pilot, constable, auto, real estate), live life, etc.  

Yes. Also, the girls don't have the independence the adult boys do. They are at home doing all of J'chelle's work. I can see why they would be more eager to move out and start their lives. Of course, this is a generalization- case in point, Jana. 

• Upvote 9

But by the time the lost girls get to marring age their won't be any littles at home to raise. Sure they'll be Auntie moms and all that but that isn't 24/7 care of a sibling like the Jana, Jill, Jessa & Jinger had to do.

While their will still be the mens laundry to do, and makeup to be applied and sisters to help out with babies, the lost girls will have it easier than their older siblings, in that at least they won't be raising younger siblings. But I can see them doing like Joy did and getting out as soon as possible, weather Joy getting courted was her idea or not, she dove in head first and got pregnant the second she could thus cementing her life into fundydumb (no that isn't a typo). 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Michelle, is that you?

She wishes. I know all the names of my 0 children and 1 cat.

I think what happened is they forgot to assign Whatshisname a personality, i.e. Jinger=likes pickles, Jackson=can't read good, etc.

Edited by JesusPony
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

On 7/16/2019 at 4:44 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Future thread title: James and Lily Duggar, Quiver Full of Muggles (or Muggars)

I think Jason will court ahead of James because he's been buying properties.

I want Jason to marry a girl named Crystal and then name their first daughter Lake because I'm an asshole like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Jason is the Duggar I always forgot too, now I remember him as the one with the massive head. Forgetting all together was probably better. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jason is the Duggar I always forgot too, now I remember him as the one with the massive head. Forgetting all together was probably better. 

For me, Justin is the Duggar I always forget exists. Even now, I have no idea what he looks like or where exactly he is in the birth order (somewhere between the boy twins and Jackson is all I know), let alone any personality traits he possesses. Does he even have any personality traits? Who knows. Not me, and probably not Meechelle or Jim Boob either. :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Justin never had an actual story related to him on the show or an episode that revolved around him like the rest of the children have had. He never did or said anything memorable either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2019 at 6:39 PM, JesusPony said:

Dang. I forgot there was a Jason Duggar. And I have probably said that before.

Remembering James, Justin and Jason at the same time is almost impossible. Jed and Jer are twins with weird names. I don’t know anything else about them but I do remember them. Jackson used to do talking heads with Johanna and the little girls are just easier to tell apart for some reason. 

One of them looks just like Amy (James?) and one looks like a mix between Joe and Joshia (Jason?) and then there’s the one that look a bit different from the other brothers. I’ve never seen him do or say anything. So I like him. They should all be like him. Easily forgotten. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think Jason is the one who fell into the pit and had to go to the hospital.  I also remember Josiah referring to him as a very nice young man during Jason's birthday party episode.

• Thank You 2

20 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I think Jason is the one who fell into the pit and had to go to the hospital.  I also remember Josiah referring to him as a very nice young man during Jason's birthday party episode.

“A very nice young man.” 

Ah, they’re definitely very close then. Is that seriously the best he could say about his own brother? Yikes. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 6

27 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Remembering James, Justin and Jason at the same time is almost impossible. Jed and Jer are twins with weird names. I don’t know anything else about them but I do remember them. Jackson used to do talking heads with Johanna and the little girls are just easier to tell apart for some reason. 

One of them looks just like Amy (James?) and one looks like a mix between Joe and Joshia (Jason?) and then there’s the one that look a bit different from the other brothers. I’ve never seen him do or say anything. So I like him. They should all be like him. Easily forgotten. 

Yes, James looks very much like Amy. I’m pretty sure she’s joked in the past about how he’s actually her secret son because the resemblance is that strong. I remember him because he was Jill’s only male buddy. She and Derick seemed to spend a good deal of time with him when they were courting and first married. 

Justin and Jason I have a tougher time with. I always mess those two up. Same with the boy twins. I can at least name all the Duggars though. Same with the Bateses, though I don’t think I can do it by the correct birth order. I’m still already a better parent to those kids than Kelly Bates is. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

The only thing I know about Justin is that he was in the same buddy group as Jordyn. I’ve only seen some episodes of the show on You Tube but there was one where Justin was looking out for Jordyn because she was his buddy. I’ve had a soft spot for him since then as he’s the only person I saw really noticing her.

• Upvote 12

Isn't Justin the one we just saw learning how to drive?  He's 16 now, so that would make sense. 

I think I could possibly name all the J’Duggars, maybe even in birth order...I could not name all the G2Bs, and certainly not in birth order. I think having all the kids named with the same first initial helps, tremendously. I’m sure that factors into why MD has an easier time naming her kids vs KB.

• Upvote 3

I always get James & Justin mixed up, Jackson is easy to remember he was always over the top silly he hadn't had the spunk beat out of him yet when 19KAC went off the air.  I really think  all the kids from Joy down got screwed big time, because DQ & Boob couldn't be bothered to deal with little ones anymore, they were great as sweet cooing infants, but as soon as they become mobile they are work, and therefore shoved off on to the next available sister/mom. But I think James, Justin, Jackson, Jenny and Jordyn are really the forgotten ones, Johanna, as the 1st girl after 6 boys so she got a lot of extra attention, at least from her sisters but the next 2 girls were just kind of there, and then miracle Josie came and that was it, not even 1 year old Jordyn was left on the floor of the TTH while everyone when to pray and revel in the presence of Josie. :sad:

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, JillyO said:

Does he even have any personality traits? Who knows. Not me, and probably not Meechelle or Jim Boob either. :confusion-shrug:

Justin certainly DOES have personality traits and JB and Michelle know everything about him: he's a godly young man with a servant's heart for the lord. He is... well, he is SUCH a blessing to them!!

They did kind of have one small story line about him once when he was around 13 or so -- he began detailing cars and learning auto mechanics. And when he was really young he often wore a sailor hat.

• Upvote 9

Jason, James, Justin and Jackson all just blur together for me as one in the same. I'm sure all 4 are very nice young men I'm sure ?

I can't remember the bates kids but that's probably because I haven't watched the show as much. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Jason: fell into the orchestra pit and broke his jaw, was trapped down there as his family stood around filming

James: Jill’s buddy/chaperone. Much like Josiah, seemed somewhat creative and to enjoy dressing up

Justin: idk. Definitely looks like a Duggar but also somehow different from all his siblings.

Jackson: the littlest boy, energetic, Johannah’s bff

My impressions of them are very outdated... I guess I’ll have to wait till one of them starts courting to find out crucial information like what their favourite meal is and how long they think a side hug should last before engagement.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 9

11 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Justin never had an actual story related to him on the show or an episode that revolved around him like the rest of the children have had. He never did or said anything memorable either. 

There's a Justin? I couldn't remember Jason either. Good lord all those poor boy blend together. I probably feel worse than michelle for forgetting them ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I know there is a James, Justin and Jason but I wouldn't be able to pick out who was who or name any interesting fact about them. The only reason I remember Jackson was he was the last boy born before the last group of girls. I watched his birth on the show and for some reason I always remember they were going to name him Judah but decided on Jackson Levi in the end. Why I remember that who knows.....:confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Jason is the one who did the video about freedom with Austin that linked to a white-nationalist-y instagram, so that's how I remember him now. 

• Upvote 6

Jackson is the one that got lost at the airport on the NY trip and when found ran to sister-mom Jana.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

The only reason I remember Jackson was he was the last boy born before the last group of girls. I watched his birth on the show and for some reason I always remember they were going to name him Judah but decided on Jackson Levi in the end. Why I remember that who knows.....:confusion-shrug:

They were considering Judah Benjamin which I always remember because it seemed likely an flagrantly overzealous Godly name.  I remember Michelle liked Judah Benjamin but quietly demured and they picked Jackson. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic