IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

* Josie's looks like a tomb guy--with a head scarf.  I can't really tell with Jordan (is that Jordan?)

Honestly, when I first glanced at it, I was like, "Did they make...a little cake Mary weeping over the tomb of her son or something?" Then I looked closer and I think it's just the way Josie's finger is placed on the plate. The thing is, I could totally believe they would make something that weird.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

#3 all the way! Or #2 when Mr Way forces me to put it on the holder. 

9D1E4430-3EE6-49E8-AE91-561396279FF6.png

Same. I see it as a waste of time to put it on the roll. But if I see number one, I will change it ?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Anna Bolinas said:

Honestly, when I first glanced at it, I was like, "Did they make...a little cake Mary weeping over the tomb of her son or something?"

They have no particular interest or reverence  in Mary. I have never seen Fundies talk or comment much about her actually. Mary veneration is strictly a Catholic thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I've got my own thread drift to bring up... Overhead light or lamps only in the bedroom? It really irritates me when a builder does not stick an overhead light in a bedroom. I want to be able to see!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

41 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I've got my own thread drift to bring up... Overhead light or lamps only in the bedroom? It really irritates me when a builder does not stick an overhead light in a bedroom. I want to be able to see!

I have overhead lights in all the bedrooms, but if we’re in there at night reading or banging or whatever instead of just getting changed etc, then my husband much prefers lamps or candles so we use them too. The kids’ rooms definitely need overhead lights!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I mostly use my side lamps, but, I also mostly am only in my bedroom at night prior to going to sleep.  There should definately be an overhead light in all bedrooms though.  That way they can easily be used for things other than as a bedroom.  I haven't seen no overhead lights except potentially in hotels before though (could be my countries building standards though).

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I think every room should have an overhead light, and that it should be in the center of the room. That might sound like an obvious qualification, but both bedrooms in my apartment have the single fixture right by the door, and my living room light is way at the end, right where it becomes the dining area. The master bedroom and living room are both huge, so even with the lights on, it can sometimes be a challenge to get enough light. One of these days, I’m going to break down and buy some pendant lamps so I can actually see properly.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

So this guy’s supposed to be a bodyguard (??) they hired to protect Josh (from??) in the time between the first and second scandals? Je suis sceptique but willing to be entertained.

• Upvote 10

8 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

So this guy’s supposed to be a bodyguard (??) they hired to protect Josh (from??) in the time between the first and second scandals? Je suis sceptique but willing to be entertained.

Yes, exactly the same sentiment from me.

• Upvote 2

On 4/24/2019 at 8:29 PM, tabitha2 said:

They have no particular interest or reverence  in Mary. I have never seen Fundies talk or comment much about her actually. Mary veneration is strictly a Catholic thing.  

And an Orthodox thing!  We love her!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

Duggar's are in Big Sandy

Of all the Duggar boys, he and Joe are my top pick for handsome.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, omgpleasestop said:

Of all the Duggar boys, he and Joe are my top pick for handsome.

Really? Not Jeremiah? I find him to be the best looking of the older boys. (Which makes me feel icky because he is so young). ?

Edit: It was a long time ago, but someone on here had a an profile picture with Jeremiah that said ''Hold your side-hugs ladies'' if I remember correctly. It was golden. ?

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

He resembles Josie very much.

I never noticed that until you brought it up but you're so right! He does look just like an older male Josie!

On 4/25/2019 at 11:16 PM, potato said:

And an Orthodox thing!  We love her!

And the high Anglican Church ends the service with the Angelus. (sp?)   

• Upvote 2

How did you people learn to tell the Howlers apart? They all look the same to me, and I forget at least two of them each time I try to think of their names. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

On 4/12/2019 at 1:30 AM, CarrotCake said:

Jed is wearing such a nice T-shirt ?

Jed should give that shirt to Steve Maxwell.

• Haha 5

I wasn't sure where to ask this but I was wondering does anyone know if the older non-marrieds-Jana, Jed, Jer-go to the family conferences? 

• Upvote 2

On 4/24/2019 at 8:29 PM, tabitha2 said:

Do they think that Christ just sprang from nowhere? Mary not only gave birth to him, she fed him, clothed him.... when He was teething, she was there to soothe him. When He cried, He cried for her, his mom. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

I wasn't sure where to ask this but I was wondering does anyone know if the older non-marrieds-Jana, Jed, Jer-go to the family conferences?

Have to admit I don't know much about conferences and such things, but I'm betting that it is a good place  hotbed for eligibles and nearly-eligibles to meet approved potential mates.

Fixed that for myself

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Do they think that Christ just sprang from nowhere? Mary not only gave birth to him, she fed him, clothed him.... when He was teething, she was there to soothe him. When He cried, He cried for her, his mom. 

I've often wondered whether the diminishing of Mary as a figure has had long-lasting impact on Protestant women throughout time. Historically, we know that the figure of Mary was a way for women to relate to a religion that was controlled and run by men, but her special place there gave a certain reverence for women and motherhood.

By essentially taking her out of the picture it removes women as a whole from the most important parts of their religion. I do think that historically Catholics and Protestants had slightly different views of and roles for women, and part of me has always suspected that had as much to do with Mary's removal as it did with Protestantism's decentralization and diversity. On the other hand it's not like the Catholic Church has ever treated women super great either, so I don't know.

I'm sure I could find academic papers on this issue if I felt like it - maybe I will at some point! It's an interesting thing to think about.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic