IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I made deviled eggs for Easter yesterday and loved their satanic goodness. 

It's ok you are safe, #jesusdiedforyoursins #jesuslovesthemall

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

It might be obvious, but in case it isn't, deviled is an old-timey term for adding spicy stuff to foods that are otherwise not. I looked up the term angel eggs and found reference to it being the reduced calorie version.

I am wondering how deviled ham would be in deviled eggs. I guess the texture isn't right. But maybe you could put hard-cooked chopped egg in a deviled ham salad...

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

OMG I forgot all about those cans of deviled ham. For whatever reason, my mom would always get that for me on field trip days. So I'd get to the state capital or the zoo or wherever, open my brown bag, and have a wonder bread and deviled egg sandwich. Probably chips and a Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie too. It was the early 80's. ? I don't know why that was reserved as a field trip only food. Maybe it was like a treat to her or something.

• Upvote 5

Yellow pocket angel egg sounds like something Newt Scamander has in his Fantastic Beast-case. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I guess none of the deviled egg haters will be in the market for this:

Hide contents

49362377_DeviledHamSpread-00047800000151.thumb.png.547ef9ced97270bceac6ca35b1b631f0.png

An essential ingredient in my family's ham and cheese dip.

Confession time: as a child, I was so afraid of the devil that I’d try to hide behind my mom as we walked past this at the store! ?

Edited by justodd
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Well, we got an Easter announcement, just not the Duggars we were expecting.

I still think Abbie will be next.

We did??

• Upvote 1

Apparently “pocket angels” are a thing. There are coins with angels on them that people can exchange. Possibly the Duggars talk more about pocket angels than regular angels, and so that became what they call the eggs. It’s still weird.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

OMG I forgot all about those cans of deviled ham. For whatever reason, my mom would always get that for me on field trip days. So I'd get to the state capital or the zoo or wherever, open my brown bag, and have a wonder bread and deviled egg sandwich. Probably chips and a Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie too. It was the early 80's. ? I don't know why that was reserved as a field trip only food. Maybe it was like a treat to her or something.

I love Deviled Ham! My mom would buy it for me during spring or summer break. She would mix it with Miracle Whip and I would have it on white bread. I am so wanting some right now. 

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I made deviled eggs for Easter Resurrection Sunday yesterday and loved their satanic goodness. 

FTFY  :angry-devil:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

FTFY  :angry-devil:

Thank you. It sure resurrected my love of Satan’s ovum. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

So what happens if you have Devil food cake and Angel food cake at the same time?  Are you a hell bound heathen or a true believer?

867555DF-AB4A-4C52-B1B0-42D06462EEB6.jpeg

• Haha 21

Duggar Easter crafts because why not find one more thing to Jesus about. Even your sweets. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Am I the only one who at first read the # as emptywomb? ? I have had to do a double take, i couldn't belive it! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

I want to hug Meredith so bad. She is such a cutie! I also think that Gideon looks a lot like Israel in that picture.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Ok Duggars! I’m all cought up on all the threads and have a long weekend coming up. This would be an excellent time to announce some pregnancies, a couple of courtships or ideally someone leaving fundamentalism and writing a tell all book about it. 

:confusion-waiting:

Otherwise maybe a thread drift about duvets, shoes, peanut butter or handsome men? 

I’m sleeping under a woolblanket in a duvet cover, will never understand why people wear shoes inside their houses, have no strong opinions about peanut butter at all and don’t find Jason Momoa that hot. Go!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 16
  • Love 3

I don’t know if this is multiple choice, but if so I would like to vote for Hot People We’d Like to Bang for $500, please and thank you. 

Edited to add: I’m also a big fan of HP drifts and of course, book recommendations, but we had one of those fairly recently and I’m still not halfway through my last list!

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Stuff
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

But is your toilet paper over or under?

#3 all the way! Or #2 when Mr Way forces me to put it on the holder. 

9D1E4430-3EE6-49E8-AE91-561396279FF6.png

• Haha 13

14 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Am I the only one who at first read the # as emptywomb? ? I have had to do a double take, i couldn't belive it! ?

I was wondering that too. Sure, emptywomb is a good thing!  

• Haha 3

This question came up last year (it was from me), but I do not get the Easter treats---do they eat the chocolate tomb and the tomb guy*?  That seems really weird to me.  I asked last year about the chocolate crucifixes--thought that was weird, too. It seems wrong that a Christian would eat the chocolate Christian icons to me (an atheist). 

* Josie's looks like a tomb guy--with a head scarf.  I can't really tell with Jordan (is that Jordan?)

Edited by Satan'sFortress
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

[sorry, wrong thread]

Spoiler
Edited by Antipatriarch
mistaken post; mods pls delete

20 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Oh look, the Duggars made Christ on a cracker, my favorite!

You made me snort

I'm willing to bet Michelle counted the tomb unveiling for all kinds of SODRT credit... probably like 2-3 weeks worth.

• Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic