IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

That is true. Pretty sure all the Duggar children barring anything unforeseen will have families around that size except possibly  Jill. 

• Upvote 3

Yep, I agree with others above. Anna will probably have 10, but the others will very likely be slapped upside the head when the numbers start adding up, especially if they continue to have a preponderance of boys. Because if Joy is on #10, Hannie on #5 and Jordyn on #3, there won’t be all these free hands to help out. We all know that Michelle isn’t going to be anyone’s laundry fairy. While many of them might have large, by the real world’s standards sized families with 6-8 kids, I don’t see any of them having greater than 10 kids...the Duggar girls know the realities of such a large family, and the ILs  don’t. Lots of lessons to be learned.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

By that time though Mack and Meredith if they are not married themselves as well as the baby girls born the next year or 2 will be old enough to be use as free Labour. 

• Upvote 4

Could they not just get some young fundie maidens to come help out with laundry, childcare and what not? Like a live-in nanny/laundry fairy. 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Could they not just get some young fundie maidens to come help out with laundry, childcare and what not? Like a live-in nanny/laundry fairy. 

*buy used and save the difference??? Only if by hire you mean people are lined up to volunteer their services to the Duggars. #toocheaptopayforwhattheyneed

• Upvote 5

Ah, but you see that is what nieces are for, Mac is already almost babysitting age. At this rate there will be a never ending line of helpers

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

On 6/1/2019 at 6:40 AM, Palimpsest said:

Agreed.  I quoted you but didn't mean it personally. :)

I think there is a tendency for some people to think the Duggars (or name that other Fundie) are lazy, idle, thick as planks, or unmotivated because they don't go to college.  I was pointing out that people can and do succeed without college degrees.

I also think that people watching the show don't necessarily get an accurate picture of how hard any Duggar works.  The male kidults tend to be filmed lazing around on the sofas or on trips.  But that is partly because they are probably waiting around for their talking heads and filming is, in fact, a job!  John David apparently has the reputation locally of being a hard worker and so does Joseph.  I don't know about the others, although Josh has always struck me as idle as the day is long.

Regarding the "planning to have 10+ kids."  I don't bother speculating about that.  I don't think the Duggars are all going to produce huge numbers of children, whatever they think they are planning.

IMO, women like Michelle, Kelly Bates, J.Rod, and Esther Shrader are super breeders.  They are incredibly fertile and deliberately try to breed huge numbers.  It's competitive.  I can imagine Michelle in the past plotting her periods, and lassoing JB, and dragging him off to bed every time she ovulated.  Whether he was in the mood or not.  But that season of life is now over for her.

However, if you look at other families who are vocal proponents of "leaving family size up to God" they tend to top out <10.  No, I don't think these couples are sneakily using BC.  I think they are just normally fertile, and don't necessarily go at it like energetic bunnies every month.  Perhaps they get very convenient headaches, although they would never, ever, practice NFP.  Perish the thought.

I don’t think they are lazy, idle, thick...because they didn’t go to college. I think they likely have those traits because they’ve never been shown to be doing sustained work, again, likely because they’ve never seen any adult role model those skills for any length of time. If they have all these skills and the perfect platform to highlight those skills and efforts to a wide audience, why don’t they?  Because if JB was so brilliant and cunning, why wouldn’t he have used the show to potentially make even more money? Why is there no Duggar Air or Duggar Construction, Plumbing, Duggar Clothing, Music or Cuisine....Why do we only hear about used car lots? Also, Duggar time is not a FJ construct, I believe the G 1 Duggars invented and honed that concept.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

If they had all these successful ventures on the side, we would know about them. I'm sorry but this is the age of the internet and social media and JimBob extremely happy to put the family in the public eye. The eldest girls are busy shilling for their cousin's store and ugly clothing. If the Duggars were successful building houses, doing plumbing or carpentry or anything beyond the many car lots, we'd all know about it.

Joy and Austin are a good example of making it perfectly clear that he has a work ethic and works hard - renovating and flipping houses, helping with his parents' family business. We have literally NEVER seen the same about Ben or Derrick or any of the Duggar boys aside from JD piloting everyone around and Josh's current and past pursuits. These are not shy people we're talking about.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yep, I agree with others above. Anna will probably have 10, but the others will very likely be slapped upside the head when the numbers start adding up, especially if they continue to have a preponderance of boys. Because if Joy is on #10, Hannie on #5 and Jordyn on #3, there won’t be all these free hands to help out. We all know that Michelle isn’t going to be anyone’s laundry fairy. While many of them might have large, by the real world’s standards sized families with 6-8 kids, I don’t see any of them having greater than 10 kids...the Duggar girls know the realities of such a large family, and the ILs  don’t. Lots of lessons to be learned.

Seriously!  There are zero shout outs to Michelle ( mom) helping out her girls who helped her so much. I know we don't see everything but there is no mention or evidence of such and if there was, no doubt they would make ot known!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

You learn a lot about adulting once you start making your own money.  Other than some of the sons-in-law, the young headships  have never had that opportunity.  

For sure, the G2 Duggars have earned most of what they've been given, but the problem is Boob has handicapped them by controlling how it is doled out.  They never learned to hustle like Boob had to.  You do your trained monkey bit, you get your banana.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Alright, wasn't going to, but here are my guesses...

Smuggars: 10

J'Abbie: 7 (does anyone know if her twin sisters are fraternal or identical? they look identical)

Dillards: 4

Seewalds: 8

JinJer: 4

JoKen: 14

SiRen: 12

Forsyths: 9

• Upvote 4

On 6/1/2019 at 4:58 AM, finnlassie said:

Then it'll finally become TATER TOT HOUSE!!!

Instead of Gingerbread Houses at Christmastime, I have visions of Samuel, Israel, Spurgeon et al taking bags of frozen tater tots and making models of the Duggar homestead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20

Seewalds 9

Anna/Josh, JoKen 12

Forsyths 14

SiRen 10

Dillards 4

JinJer 4

JD and Abbie 6

A lot of the couples seem to like the 1 kid per 2 years formula, leading to 9-12 overall based on when they got married and how late in their 30s or 40s they carry.  It's big but nowhere near as crazy as 19. The oldest are grown up when the young ones are little, so never more than 3 under 6.

• Upvote 5

OK, I'll play, 

Smugger & Anna I think they will have 11 or 12 basing it on a baby every 2.5 years. Depending on how long she remains fertile will be the difference between 11 or 12.  She'll be like Michelle and won't stop until she can no longer get pregnant. 

Jabbie, I think they will have at max 6 more likely 4 or 5, she wants a career and she can't do that if she keeps having babies for 2 decades. 

Jill & Derrick, I think they will try for one more and she'll have it as Derick finishes Law school. I think they are using birth control, as Jill listens more and more to Derick and Cathy she's realizing how awful her parents beliefs are.  I also think they are keeping this to themselves as they don't want anymore trouble with her parents. 

Benessa:  I think she had another post birth hemorrhage and I think  Ben will try and talk some sense into her to either slow down or stop all together. I think Jessa will be content for a few years with her 3, but will realize that having babies makes her more money and will have a hard time stopping but I do think as he get old Ben will exert his athroitay over his helpmate (or what ever they are called) and put an end to the kids around 5 or 6, and make her realize that they can't support and love and care for more than that they way the kids deserve. 

JingJer: 3 or 4 depending on when they get a boy, because Jer will HAVE to  have a son. ?

JoKen: These two are going to go for the prize. Kendra is DEEEEEP in the Koolaide as is Simple Joe, he'll do what ever Kendra wants, he loves her and wants her to be happy.  He's a very go with the flow kind of guy, I think he's like Jim Bob in many ways, he truly loves his wife and kids and wants the all to be happy. So I'm going  with 17 to 20, she'll be like Anna and have babies until she can't, I'm guessing she'll have a baby every 18 months and 2.5 years depending on when they slow down and if she has any twins.  Don't know why I think these two will have the twins but I do. 

Siren: Lauren is also deep in the cult, and it will depend on how she delivers, c/section or vaginal but I would be they have at least 10 kids maybe more. Si, like Joe will do what ever Lauren wants. 

Joy & Austin:  I think Austin listens to his father a LOT and his father only has 4 kids so I think they will keep the kids to 5 or 6, he will put a stop to the babies, because he knows he can't support much more than that. The family camp can support his parents and his sister and  BIL and their family, but it will be stretched thin if they add Joy, Austin and their kids.  Not to mention that I think these two are forcing themselves into believing in the cult.  I think Joy, like her sister mom can be swayed away into realizing that her parents are nuts and I think Joy has dreams of going into Politics and being constantly pregnant will stop that. I don't think Austin would stop her if she wanted to run for office, but instead be proud of his wife.  She's dumb as a box of rocks, but that is badge of honor in the deep south republican field. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

My turn

Anna/Josh - 16 I don't think they will stop their 'every two year pop out a baby' cycle. I think 14 if they have all singletons but I am allowing a couple extra for twins.

JoKen -  20 I think they want 'as many as the lord will give us' Kendra will have a child every year until she is 30 and then go to every two years. Again there could be twins.

Jabbie - 7 They are obviously a bit older and Abbie seems to want to still be a nurse. Abbie's parents don't seem to have started having kids until a bit later in life.

JinJer - 6  They seem to be enjoying parenthood with Felicity and I think they will have a new addition every few years. Jeremy is from a fairly small family so I don't think he will want many.

Dillards - 5 I think they have stopped whilst Derick is at law school. I know there is speculation about whether she had a hysterectomy with Sam but I don't think this is true. However the c-sections will limit her.

Forsyths - 4 I think something will happen to Joy if she keeps having all these C-sections that means she can't have any more kids, probably a hysterectomy. I think they will keep pushing for a (failed) home birth though.

Seewalds - 7 Now that Jessa has had her girl I think they will stop for three years, especially if speculation about her ending up in hospital after another haemorrhage is correct. She will have another child at 30 and then every three years. She will stop in her early 40s. Ben doesn't seem to want a lot of children and he seems quite sensible. He won't want Jessa to have a continuous repeat of Spurgeon's birth. I think they will all be in a hospital/birth centre from now on. 

SiRen -  11 I think after losing Asa they will want to have a few children but this depends on how her first birth goes. 

• Upvote 2

I’ve just read on the Duggars’ Facebook page that Grandma Mary has passed away, how sad for them! They did choose a lovely photo to share.

• Sad 7

She just turned 78 two weeks ago. I believe she had a stroke or two in early winter. Maybe this was related.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I saw the photo Jill posted and was just coming here, to see what happened.  I though in the photo she was starting to look very old and weak.  Even at 78 it is sad that she died so suddenly, at least according to Jill.  They all seemed to love her very much, she was obviously a wonderful grandmother as all the kids seemed very attached to her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

Very sorry to hear of her passing, especially to think of Amy who I sense felt a special closeness to her grandmother and was likely looking forward to her meeting her first child. They’re all in my thoughts and prayers. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic