IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

10 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

It would actually make more sense to me for JB to create a corporation and officially employ the children. They have enough that they could get a group health insurance plan. I have to believe most of them are on some Christian health share fake insurance. They did not give their children proper education or job training, so I don't know what their prospects are outside of construction and service jobs. But with a real business and not just a bunch of LLCs, they could really develop some more solid wages. Joe is not going to be able to support their umpteen kids by selling used cars in rural Arkansas. They could have a storage unit facility, a moving company, formalize the property management stuff, a cleaning company, etc. Then the boys could actually specialize, grow their little domains, and have something real to put on a resume. It would also allow some part-time opportunities for office administration for the spouses or unmarrieds. #pipedream

The show won't last forever. Influencers will fall, their commodity will be worth less. The children will keep coming.

I’m not so sure any of the Duggars are interested in the sustained effort and hustle that most real jobs require. It’s as if they live in a parallel universe, and hey, thus far for the adult G2s it’s working for them. Look at the Dillards, a  family of 4, law school, brand new home and no apparent income. I’m also not sure that any of the G2 Duggars are interested in returning to a life that matches their skill sets and earning potentials. It’s a mess.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Of all the Duggerlings and spouses, The ones who have the most ability to support a family are Derrick, Austin, JD, Jeremy, and maybe Joe (and in that order, though if Dericks lack fo work history continues he'll move down). Joe's not very bright but he strikes me as that simple minded country boy who will work any job to put food on the table for his wife and kids, as is JD.  Josh is far to arrogant and lazy to do this, as much as I think Si is a nice guy I don't think he's the down and dirty hard days work kind of guy.  Ben, not so sure about him he wants to do what his family has done, but he doesn't have the skills, education or dive to work hard enough to support a family of more than 5 or 6. 

• Upvote 12

They are reality TV Stars and C list celebrity’s whom people will pay well to go see.  I believe at least some of must them have got  JBs hustle and money sense as well. If they do and invest wisely, save and not have any expensive crises they will be at least lower middle class for next several years at least. Not ever having to purchase new baby items or clothes or pay for childcare is a huge money saver as well. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2

I think we also have to remember that since 2005 these kids have lived a pretty comfortable lifestyle. So maybe the oldest kids remember the hard days of rice only meals, eating in the bathroom and sleeping on the couch, but for many of the others, all they’ve really known or likely remember are the glory days of the TTH, travel, cars, IPhones, planes, nicer clothing, restaurant meals,and space. While JB and M might be willing to frump out, buy used and save the difference, work hard or do without, I’m not sure their kids or newly minted ILs would be willing to do the same. It appears Abbie, Lauren and Kendra lived upper middle class lives. I think if Ben could get his family away from JB and the TTH, he might be able to figure it out. He seems bright enough. JB’s own sons, not sure how interested they would be in working the grind day in and day out. I think Jessa, Ben and Jana could all be successful realtors. 

• Upvote 11

My predictions. 

Smuggers-10 or 11. I think Anna will consistently have kids thought her 30's so giving her 2ish year spacing she could have 4-5 more. I can see her stopping when Mac starts having kids. Maybe they can do an updated version of that creepy picture they took with boob and Jchele kissing in the nursery. 

Jill & Der- 3 unless the next one is a boy then 4. I think Derek is content with their family size and I think once they have a girl they will stop.

Benessa- 8

Jer & Jing- 3

JoKen- 16

SiREn- 10-11, I don't see her having to many more than her Mom had.  

Joy & Austin- This all lies in how many CSections she has. I think she wants the mega family but they might not have more than 6 or 7 if she needs all sections. 

• Upvote 6

Here are my thoughts on family size for each of the married couples:

Josh and Anna- 10

John and Abbie- 7

Jill and Derick- 5

Jessa and Ben- 9

Jinger and Jeremy- 4

Joseph and Kendra- 15

Josiah and Lauren- 12

Joy and Austin- 6

If Joy is able to have a VBAC for this birth, I would probably increase their number a bit. Still, with what I have for just these eight couples there would be 68 grandchildren. Considering there are still 11 unmarried kids, I would expect the Duggars easily to have 100 grandkids, though think that Jim Bob's goal of 200 is definitely pushing it.

• Upvote 3

On 5/27/2019 at 6:59 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

lmao, i know it's not. for some reason my gut just says more sons than daughters for Benessa xD specifically boy-boy-boy-girl-boy-girl-string of boys-one last girl, and basically all my guesses for them will follow accordingly, until they stop spawning. I also have a particular pattern settled in mind for Anna and Lauren for whatever reason, which I'll make my guesses on, the others not so much. 

I think so far the only Duggar son we know does something other than full-time work for JB is John. and he still does a lot of handy work for his family, and probably their companies, too. 

And turns out by the time I'd posted this, Baby Girl Seewald was already born xD I'll just move my Seewald gender guesses up one, then, haha. So many grandDuggs....

• Haha 2

On 5/26/2019 at 1:59 PM, Chewing Gum said:

Kendra, 12 easily. She also seems to enjoy motherhood.

Kendra reminds me a lot of Kelly bates. 

On 5/27/2019 at 5:32 PM, SassyPants said:

They always seem to manage. The 20 YO Kendra just recently mentioned how they were building yet another new home...no education, never held a job beyond a given role on a low budget TV show, cars, babies, trips...damn it’s parallel universe. Along with DD’s financials, we need to see JB’s too.

WHERE DO THEY GET THIS MONEY?! I get that they have a reality show and speak at smaller events butbthat can't possibly support all those people living the way they do. 

10 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

They are reality TV Stars and C list celebrity’s whom people will pay well to go see.  I believe at least some of must them have got  JBs hustle and money sense as well. If they do and invest wisely, save and not have any expensive crises they will be at least lower middle class for next several years at least. Not ever having to purchase new baby items or clothes or pay for childcare is a huge money saver as well. 

I'd say they live solidly middle class if not upper middle class. Lots of trips to silver dollar city, big weddings, vacations, new clothes, etc. 

• Upvote 4

I remember years ago Josiah said he wanted to go into Accounting. He was taking College Minus courses to that goal. Wonder what happened to that plan? Actually, Accounting would be a good career for Siah. There are a lot of good ol’ Christian businesses and he could be hired by Daddy to do his books. 

• Upvote 14

My predictions: 

Smuggars: 10 kids, Anna will slow down slightly as she gets older, but will continue on the same pattern.  Josh will not like this but won't have the moral authority to stop it. Pretty confident about this. 

Jabbie: I'll guess 6 kids, but I'm not very confident since they haven't had any yet. 

Dullards: I don't think Derick wants to be Quiverfull, and I think he'll get his way, no matter what Jill wants. My guess is 4 kids for them. 

Benessa: 8 kids, they'll keep going for a while but they might take breaks/slow down

JinJer: 4 kids, a respectable number for a preacher's family, but no more than that. Pretty sure Jeremy isn't Quiverfull and will want his peace and quiet, as well as a hot, available Jinger. 

JoKen: 14 kids.  Mostly because I don't want to predict higher than that. 

SiRen: 12 kids.  Lauren is pretty serious about them babies. 

Josten: 7 if the next one is a section, 13 if a VBAC

So that's at least 65 grands from the already-marrieds. 

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

My predictions: 

Smuggars: 10 kids, Anna will slow down slightly as she gets older, but will continue on the same pattern.  Josh will not like this but won't have the moral authority to stop it. Pretty confident about this. 

Jabbie: I'll guess 6 kids, but I'm not very confident since they haven't had any yet. 

Dullards: I don't think Derick wants to be Quiverfull, and I think he'll get his way, no matter what Jill wants. My guess is 4 kids for them. 

Benessa: 8 kids, they'll keep going for a while but they might take breaks/slow down

JinJer: 4 kids, a respectable number for a preacher's family, but no more than that. Pretty sure Jeremy isn't Quiverfull and will want his peace and quiet, as well as a hot, available Jinger. 

JoKen: 14 kids.  Mostly because I don't want to predict higher than that. 

SiRen: 12 kids.  Lauren is pretty serious about them babies. 

Josten: 7 if the next one is a section, 13 if a VBAC

So that's at least 65 grands from the already-marrieds. 

I was pretty serious about having four or five kids. Then I started having them. And now I’m dead set on this second kid being my last. It’s absolutely possible Lauren - or any of them - will double down on their intent to have big families, but it’s also possible that the reality of having kids will adjust some of their expectations a bit. I think we’ve seen that to an extent in the Dills already. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

I wonder about how G2 is going to raise/support G3 as they begin to come into adulthood, especially if they continue to under-educate their kids. Josh doesn’t have the skills or income (that we know of) to continue to support his children into adulthood the way that JB does. Surely the TLC money train/d-list celeb status isn’t going to last that long. And I can’t imagine that JB will continue to bankroll adult grandchildren. I think G3 are who are really going to be screwed. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

17 minutes ago, crancraz said:

I wonder about how G2 is going to raise/support G3 as they begin to come into adulthood, especially if they continue to under-educate their kids. Josh doesn’t have the skills or income (that we know of) to continue to support his children into adulthood the way that JB does. Surely the TLC money train/d-list celeb status isn’t going to last that long. And I can’t imagine that JB will continue to bankroll adult grandchildren. I think G3 are who are really going to be screwed. 

I remember reading something some years ago about how these cults, because that’s what they are, mini cults, die out when the money dries up, which is usually in the 2nd generation. I think you might be right here. JB's  savvy in selling his lifestyle to TLC for easy money, and the G2s ability, thus far, to keep that easy money coming in is likely the main reason this cult will extend into G3. Plus, JB and M were way more frugal and smart ( probably because they did have some education and independent life experiences)than their kids appear to be. I think the G2 Bates are actually better equipped here because Gil and KG did NOT have enough money and weren’t the first to sell their family, so they did not reap as many rewards. Those kids realize that a family does need some education and a paying job to survive and thrive. They experienced the downside to having no money. Money controls all.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

With the exception of Anna and maybe Jessa or Kendra, I don’t think any of them will get to a double digit number of children. I say maybe Jessa or Kendra but honestly, I still think it’s too early to call. They’ll both have more than three. I hope Jessa especially only has one or two more so she can continue to be the kind of parent she seems to want to be. 

Jill and Jinger will both have three. Maybe four in the scenario that Jinger has three girls or Jill has three boys.

Everyone else- No idea. 

I don’t think anyone will have as many as Michelle. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I was pretty serious about having four or five kids. Then I started having them. And now I’m dead set on this second kid being my last. It’s absolutely possible Lauren - or any of them - will double down on their intent to have big families, but it’s also possible that the reality of having kids will adjust some of their expectations a bit. I think we’ve seen that to an extent in the Dills already. 

Same! I wanted 4 kids, it was my goal. Then I had two and I was like... "well, that's enough." 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I only predict large numbers (8+) for most of them because they’ve been raised to believe birth control is evil and as much as kids are hard work, they can reason “mom and dad managed”, “it gets easier when they get older” and delegate a lot. I don’t think they all really WANT that many kids, but they’ve been raised to believe it’s the godly thing to do. Jessa in particular I can see being a good manager so when her eldest kids are a bit more independent they get put to work around the house. I don’t see any of them wanting Michelle-like numbers except perhaps Anna (who won’t get there because she doesn’t have Michelle’s close spacing) and Lauren, but if they all believe preventing pregnancy is wrong, they’re going to end up with more than 5 kids apiece. I can see both Derrick and Jeremy being ok with preventing, and if Joy’s health is at stake, Austin putting his foot down.

JD and Abbie are my biggest unknown. JD kept himself in the background so much it’s hard to see how much kool-aid he’s drunk and Abbie has a little more life experience than his sisters or Lauren or Kendra did. They also seem like a couple more likely to make their own decisions than blindly follow their parents. But they’ve never indicated they DON’T embrace the quiverfull life, so they could go either way.

• Upvote 17

Anna and josh- 10, I think they will be pretty consistent with every 2 years until Anna gets older and it might slow down to every 3-3.5 years.

john and Abbie- hard to say since they don’t have any yet, I’ll say 6-7 

Dillard’s- 5-6, I can’t imagine them stopping even if the next one is a girl. I think hills labor and c sections will limit them a lot though.

Jessa and Ben- I think they will have at 8-10. I could see they having 2-3 kids close together, then taking a break. Like they did with Spud and Henry. Then a break before Ivy. I could see them having 1-2 more pretty quickly then another 2-3 year break. 

Jinger- No more than 4-5 absolute max. All very spaced out 2.5-3.5 years apart

Joe and Kendra- 15+ easily. I could see them challenging Michelle. 

Si and lauren- 10-12.  She seems pretty baby crazy. 

Joy and Austin- 6-8 if she keeps having c sections. I could see them pushing the limits the doctor set for them to stop. If she is able to start having vbacs, 10-12 kids. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Same! I wanted 4 kids, it was my goal. Then I had two and I was like... "well, that's enough." 

High fives! ?

Pregnancy is a lot tougher than I had expected. I knew it could be difficult, but I didn’t really know until I experienced it. Same with TTC - it’s way more stress than I originally anticipated and I really don’t want to go through that again. Plus, kids are expensive to raise! We should be fine with just two, but more than that would likely prevent us from giving them the type of life we’d like to. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

I think the money woes will start with the youngest G2 Duggars...I mean, they are adding 5 kids to the family this year alone.  Sorry Hannie, no TLC honeymoon for you even though you’ve earned it!

I’ll be interested in seeing who the twins and Jason end up with.  Will Boob finally wise up and marry his sons into families that can employ them, or are we going to see more hangers-on join the family?  Tune in tomorrow...

ETA: I’m pegging Jenni and Jordyn as the authors of Growing Up Duggar: Reality Bites.  

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I don't think any of them will hit double digits. I look for their fertility to drop drastically once the show is cancelled.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 3

People have predicting the end of this show for years however This show is  very cheap and easy to film and there are still 10 children to mine for courtships, weddings and trips as well as an unending supply of births and babies. I don’t think TLC will end it till the Duggars do.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

High fives! ?

Pregnancy is a lot tougher than I had expected. I knew it could be difficult, but I didn’t really know until I experienced it. Same with TTC - it’s way more stress than I originally anticipated and I really don’t want to go through that again. Plus, kids are expensive to raise! We should be fine with just two, but more than that would likely prevent us from giving them the type of life we’d like to. 

Agreed on all 3 points. My pregnancy with my daughter was high risk because I had placenta previa and I felt like a ticking time bomb for the last 2 months. I was afraid at any moment I might just have a major bleeding event. Thank god I did not but that was a lot of stress to walk around with. As for TTC, the worst. We had to use fertility meds and it sucked and made me crazy. But I think the financial is the biggest factor. I want to be able to give my kids a good life and allow them opportunities (without spoiling them) and we could not do that with more kids than we have now. Plus at so to be 4 and 6, my hands are full. Man these kids push me right to the edge some days . I love them to death but both of mine are so high energy and snarky (wonder where that comes from) I look forward to bedtime some days. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

I'm going to weigh in on the predictions.  

J/A: 8-10 kids.  They aren't slowing down but are only limited by their inherent moderate fecundity.  And barring some extreme event (like Josh breaking down and breaking away) I don't see them stopping.

JD/Ab: Too early to really tell.  She could be already preggo and could have 8-10 kids or could have trouble conceiving, difficult pregnancies, etc.  But I'm betting 4-6.

Jana: If she were to get married in the next 2 yrs (Which I think she will.) She could easily have 6.  

Jill: I think that you are all giving her too much credit.  She will keep trying for kids until she dies.  Literally.  Based on what we know of her two previous pregnancies she will keep wanting kids and try to labor naturally at home for days on end until she ends up in the hospital with another c-section and a kid in the NICU.  One day her uterus will rupture and some poor OB will attempt to save her life while a pediatrician is trying to resuscitate her child.  And all the Duggars will then just post about praying/God is good/etc.  I hope that I am wrong.  I hope that Derrick will stop her before that.  I hope that her ever increasing spacing (most likely from extended breastfeeding) limits her kids to 4-5.  

Jessa: 8-10.  She's made for having babies and won't limit because of her upbringing.

Jinger: 4-5.  I do think that they struggled to conceive Felicity.  I also think that she is already pregnant again.  But I don't think that either of them want a huge family and I think that at some point they will find a way to reconcile their beliefs with family planning that works.

Joe: 10-12 kids.  I see them riding the baby train out.

Siah: As many as the Lord allows for at least a while.  I can see him backing off if she has multiple miscarriages/difficult pregnancies.  8-10

Joy: Another one that won't stop until she is forced to.  8-12 kids

Unmarrieds:  So up in the air.  I see them all having kids ad infinitem.  I do see the gravy train winding down in a few years.  I think that the show will end up with just specials again at some point.  I also think that the younger ones will be less QF due to living a better quality of life than their sibs did as kids.  Not to mention less hands on parenting by JB/M.  There isn't enough Duggar money for 40 adults and 200 kids.  The younger ones will benefit less as adults than their older sibs. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 8

I'll put it in the main duggar thread since there's so many of them - but Anna's 5-bump photo & her comments on it confirm that the remaining 4 are all due in Nov. Kendra then Joy then Lauren then Anna. JB&M won't know what to do with themselves xD 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic