IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, Smee said:

Pfft, don’t be crazy, then they’d have to know something about those individual people. Jordyn who?

You guys are so unfair.  She knows they like pickles.  She knows who had which jurisdictions.  I bet she can name 2/3 of them without consulting a list.  She even taught them what perp-in-dick-u-lar means.

After all, she was Mother of the Year....what more do you people want from her?  :) 

• Haha 28

Who will have the most Granduggar babies? I’m sure this has been discussed in FJ. It’s a little tongue-in-cheek, and the Duggars that are currently breeding are mostly at the beginning of parenthood. I’ll get to my prediction at the end, here goes:

J’chelle & Boob knocked out nineteen children in (approx) 21.75 yrs. From the point Joshly Smuggar was born in 1988, to his tenth birthday, J’chelle birthed nine children, and in fact was was up to eleven kids by the end of that year (Jed & Jer, Dec 98). She was knocking them out at a rate-of-knots, only matched by Kelly Bates. For example, She had Jessa in Nov 92, Jinger Dec 93, and Joseph Jan 95. That’s three singletons in 26 months. Now THAT’S busy by any stretch. None of her children have matched that strike rate yet.

Anna & Smuggar: Their sixth child is due around the time their oldest child turns 10 in Oct 19. Like I said, J’chelle & Boob were way ahead by this point. Smuggar’s  time in Jesus Jail didn’t really affect their overall strike rate, as it all hit the fan just after Meredith was born. Mason was born 26 months after Meredith, which is a little more than their ‘average’ spacing. I think Anna & Smuggar will have ELEVEN children in total.

Jana: Even if single Jana meets and marries Mr. Right this year, she will b at least 30/ 31 before she has her first baby. She could still have a reasonably sized family; J’chelle had ELEVEN children after she turned 30. I think Jana will have SIX children.

JD & Abbie: Such a sweet couple. I’ve always had a soft-spot for JD. He seems genuine, hard-working, loving, & soft-spoken. I’m glad he married a little later, and to someone who’s had a proper job. I think they will announce soon: I think JD & Abbie will have EIGHT children.

Dullards: From my obstetric wheel, Jill got pregnant pretty much straight-off on her honeymoon. I thought this Duggar gal would be the super-womb. However, from Izzy to Samuel was 27 months. Now 22 months after Samuel’s delivery, they haven't announced a third (yet).  Jill has had two emergency c-sections. Although we read things like ‘Jill had 70 hours of labour’, we don’t know if she actually ever got properly established in labour with either baby.  IF she was established for SEVENTY hours, then she had an OBSTRUCTED labour, and should’ve sought medical intervention before 70 hours. (Yes, I am a Midwife). As neither Izzy or Samuel came through her pelvis, I predict the Dullards will have SIX children in total.

Benessa: Although Jessa had a fright after her first delivery, she’s  managed two normal births so far. There’s 15 months between Spurge and Henry, but there will be 28 months between Henry and baby 3. Benessa started out with the mantra “we’ll be happy with any children God wants to give us . . . blah blah”. I get the feeling that after Henry, they realised how much hard work kids are (Ben especially), and so have deliberately used NFP for some spacing. I predict Benessa will have EIGHT children.

Joy/Austin: Pregnant with Baby 2, there will be (approx) 21 months between Gideon and Baby 2. Joy had an emergency c-section, and we don’t kno if she ever actually got established in labour with Gideon. In previous posts, I’ve mentioned possible gestational insulin-resistance because Gideon was so big (same for Jessa, and maybe even Jill). I still think Joy & Austin will have a large family, maybe EIGHT or NINE children.

Jing & Jer: I don’t kno if these two used some kind of NFP, but it took her approx one year of marriage to get pregnant with Felicity. I think the Vuola’s will have SEVEN children in total.

Si and Lauren: After the sadness of a miscarriage, they’ve announced baby number 2, due in autumn 2019. Lauren has only just turned 20, and so I predict they will have SIXTEEN children, and are contenders for the prize of most granduggars.

Kendra & Joe: I think this gal may be the current super-womb. After having her first at still 19, she will have baby 2 at just-turned 21. She had a normal birth of a normal-size baby at 38/40. I think J&K will have EIGHTEEN children, and they are my current ‘winners’ for most granduggars.

What d y’all think??

Please feel free to correct correct any dates/ maths.

It’s a bit of fun, no need for snarky comments.

Please don't comment on any Duggar under 18 years, thanks.

?

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 2

I think Ben and Jessa will end up with 4. She actually seems to want to take care of her children and invest in their lives, and her motto is now "two kids is hard work y'all". Reality hit her.

Jinger, no more than 3. 

Joy, 4 or 5. I'm rooting for her to find her inner voice again and talk some sense into Austin. Also Austin doesn't seem to be that hands on. 

Kendra, 12 easily. She also seems to enjoy motherhood.

Lauren, 8, 9, 10 maybe, as she is now vulnerable for the Michelle post-miscarriage talk of following God.

Jill and Jabbie: not sure.

Edited by Chewing Gum
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

My current guesses on total number of children for the couples: 

Josh and Anna: 10

JD and Abbie: 6

Jill and Derrick: 5

Jessa and Ben: 6

Jinger and Jeremy: 4

Joe and Kendra: 12

Josiah and Lauren: 10

Joy and Austin: really up in the air with how her next delivery goes but Im going to say 6. 

Man even with these rather conservative guesses for 8 out of a possible 19 couples, this adds up to 59 ?

My overall prediction for total number of grandkids is 120-150.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think JB once said he was looking for 200.

I thought he said 100... I think they’ll definitely surpass that though 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

49 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I thought he said 100... I think they’ll definitely surpass that though 

No, it was definitely 200. He said something stupid and ridiculous like "If each of our kids only has 10 kids of their own, we'll easily get to 200." 10 kids. For each of them. Blech.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You guys are so unfair.  She knows they like pickles.  She knows who had which jurisdictions.  I bet she can name 2/3 of them without consulting a list.  She even taught them what perp-in-dick-u-lar means.

After all, she was Mother of the Year....what more do you people want from her?  :) 

Ten bucks says Michelle can name more of her kids than Kelly Bates could.

5 hours ago, surgicalmusicalchairs said:

Who will have the most Granduggar babies? I’m sure this has been discussed in FJ. It’s a little tongue-in-cheek, and the Duggars that are currently breeding are mostly at the beginning of parenthood. I’ll get to my prediction at the end, here goes:

J’chelle & Boob knocked out nineteen children in (approx) 21.75 yrs. From the point Joshly Smuggar was born in 1988, to his tenth birthday, J’chelle birthed nine children, and in fact was was up to eleven kids by the end of that year (Jed & Jer, Dec 98). She was knocking them out at a rate-of-knots, only matched by Kelly Bates. For example, She had Jessa in Nov 92, Jinger Dec 93, and Joseph Jan 95. That’s three singletons in 26 months. Now THAT’S busy by any stretch. None of her children have matched that strike rate yet.

Anna & Smuggar: Their sixth child is due around the time their oldest child turns 10 in Oct 19. Like I said, J’chelle & Boob were way ahead by this point. Smuggar’s  time in Jesus Jail didn’t really affect their overall strike rate, as it all hit the fan just after Meredith was born. Mason was born 26 months after Meredith, which is a little more than their ‘average’ spacing. I think Anna & Smuggar will have ELEVEN children in total.

Jana: Even if single Jana meets and marries Mr. Right this year, she will b at least 30/ 31 before she has her first baby. She could still have a reasonably sized family; J’chelle had ELEVEN children after she turned 30. I think Jana will have SIX children.

JD & Abbie: Such a sweet couple. I’ve always had a soft-spot for JD. He seems genuine, hard-working, loving, & soft-spoken. I’m glad he married a little later, and to someone who’s had a proper job. I think they will announce soon: I think JD & Abbie will have EIGHT children.

Dullards: From my obstetric wheel, Jill got pregnant pretty much straight-off on her honeymoon. I thought this Duggar gal would be the super-womb. However, from Izzy to Samuel was 27 months. Now 22 months after Samuel’s delivery, they haven't announced a third (yet).  Jill has had two emergency c-sections. Although we read things like ‘Jill had 70 hours of labour’, we don’t know if she actually ever got properly established in labour with either baby.  IF she was established for SEVENTY hours, then she had an OBSTRUCTED labour, and should’ve sought medical intervention before 70 hours. (Yes, I am a Midwife). As neither Izzy or Samuel came through her pelvis, I predict the Dullards will have SIX children in total.

Benessa: Although Jessa had a fright after her first delivery, she’s  managed two normal births so far. There’s 15 months between Spurge and Henry, but there will be 28 months between Henry and baby 3. Benessa started out with the mantra “we’ll be happy with any children God wants to give us . . . blah blah”. I get the feeling that after Henry, they realised how much hard work kids are (Ben especially), and so have deliberately used NFP for some spacing. I predict Benessa will have EIGHT children.

Joy/Austin: Pregnant with Baby 2, there will be (approx) 21 months between Gideon and Baby 2. Joy had an emergency c-section, and we don’t kno if she ever actually got established in labour with Gideon. In previous posts, I’ve mentioned possible gestational insulin-resistance because Gideon was so big (same for Jessa, and maybe even Jill). I still think Joy & Austin will have a large family, maybe EIGHT or NINE children.

Jing & Jer: I don’t kno if these two used some kind of NFP, but it took her approx one year of marriage to get pregnant with Felicity. I think the Vuola’s will have SEVEN children in total.

Si and Lauren: After the sadness of a miscarriage, they’ve announced baby number 2, due in autumn 2019. Lauren has only just turned 20, and so I predict they will have SIXTEEN children, and are contenders for the prize of most granduggars.

Kendra & Joe: I think this gal may be the current super-womb. After having her first at still 19, she will have baby 2 at just-turned 21. She had a normal birth of a normal-size baby at 38/40. I think J&K will have EIGHTEEN children, and they are my current ‘winners’ for most granduggars.

What d y’all think??

?

It’s tough to really guess because there are so many factors to consider. I definitely think of the current married couples that the Dills and Vuolos will have the smallest families. I think Jill’s difficult deliveries likely impacted how many they’ll eventually have, as will their slow drift towards the Cross Church type of Fundie. I don’t see Jeremy or Derick being interested in having giant families either. 

I think Benessa will have a larger than average family, but I don’t think they will have a massive family. Same with the Smuggars, who will hopefully  be limited by Anna’s rather consistent two year spacing. 

JoKen, Siren, and JoStin are all toss-ups at this point. I could see all of them having massive families, but it’ll depend on their fertility and whether they have complications moving forward (as Joy did with Gideon’s delivery.)

Jana is an unknown factor because she’s unmarried. I don’t see her having a massive family now though. If she chooses to marry then she might have a bigger than average family or she might not. J’Abbie is also unknown as they haven’t announced at this point, but I could see then having a bigger than average family. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I feel like I've posted about this recently, but my ideas are always in flux as these Dugglets reproduce over time, lol. I think:

• Josh/Anna 10 (something like 7 boys 3 girls)
  • Jana and whoever she ends up marrying with around 4-6
  • JD/Abbie with 6
  • Jill/Derick with 3 biological children. I could actually see them adopting many years down the road...unfortunately. I think Derick doesn't *truly* want more than his two boys, but Jill wants to be supermom, and ultimately this pair is so in love with themselves and their Christian-savior complex that later down the road they'll end up with 2-3 adopted into their brood. 
  • Benessa 10-12, also more boys than girls simply because Jessa's never seemed desperate for a girl like some of her sibs. It's hard work, but I think Jessa enjoys it, as well as being able to say it. 
  • JinJer 3
  • Joe/Kendra 10
  • SiRen I could see with 6-10 ish, more likely 10 because Josiah will do whatever Lauren wants, and Lauren seems desperate for fundie-mommy validation. 
  • Joy/Austin is the most up-in-the-air for me, dependent on how delivery #2 and subsequent pregnancies/deliveries go for her. If it goes well, I see them hitting double-digits, because Austin seems to like the idea of a big family even if he doesn't like the nitty-gritty of it, and Joy also seems desperate enough for validation from her peers and her husband to shoulder it all. If it doesn't go well, 6.
Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Ten bucks says Michelle can name more of her kids than Kelly Bates could.

This is where the J-theme really comes in handy for her. I know I have a much harder time trying to name the Bates. I usually forget one of James, Jason or Justin but othervise the Duggars are way easier. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

8 hours ago, surgicalmusicalchairs said:

What d y’all think??

?

Interesting that you’re guessing Benessa will have 3 fewer than Smuggar, given that their spacing between 2 and 3 isn’t much bigger than Anna’s (& their spacing between 1 and 2 was much smaller). I do think it will depend on whether Threewald is a girl. The more boys at the start, the fewer sister-moms to palm off #8 or 9 to.

J’Chelle did have two sets of twins, which throws off the calculations a bit.

My guesses:

Smuggar: 12.

Dullards: 5. Partly because Jill’s body won’t cope with more, partly because they seem to be moving a bit more fundie-lite.

Benessa: 11.

JinJer: 4-5. They’ll want just enough to be considered a “large” family by normal standards and to almost fit in with huge family fundies. But just few enough to fit in with “worldly” folks in a regular house without the need for a bus to cart everyone to Costco.

Jabbie: An announcement will come later this year and it will be the first of 9.

Joy/Austin: She’s still what, 21? If she has a successful VBAC she could easily get to 12, but if not, I think they’ll still have at least 6.

SiRen: She’s very young too, and one miscarriage doesn’t mean more are guaranteed (or even if there are more, that doesn’t necessarily mean a huge spacing between live births). Josiah will probably do whatever makes Lauren happy, and Lauren wants fundie validation. I predict 14, with one set of twins.

JoKen: 16

I didn’t do Jana because she’s not married yet. But if my (admittedly large) predictions are somewhat accurate, just the current marrieds would give the Duggars up to 80 grandkids ? That’s with all of them having at least 3 fewer kids than JB and Michelle, even though some started younger. I think they’ll all have bigger age gaps than Michelle did, mostly because they won’t be desperately weaning breastfeeding at 6mths and charting cycles to be pregnant as much as possible. I’m basing my numbers more off other fundie families - there are many who weren’t trying as hard as Michelle and didn’t have twins but still hit double digits.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

20 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:
  • Benessa 10-12, also more boys than girls simply because Jessa's never seemed desperate for a girl like some of her sibs. It's hard work, but I think Jessa enjoys it, as well as being able to say it. 

That's... not how it works, lol. 

Josh/Anna: 10 kids

JD/Abbie: 5 kids

Derick/Jill: 3 kids

Ben/Jessa: 6 kids

Jeremy/Jinger: 4 kids

Joe/Kendra: 14 kids

Josiah/Lauren: 12 kids

Austin/Joy: ??? - it all depends how her second birth goes. If she has a successful VBAC, then it's game on

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

This bet is going to take a loooooong time to pay off :)

Josh/Anna: 9

JD/Abbie: 4

Derick/Jill: 5

Ben/Jessa: 7

Jeremy/Jinger: 4

Joe/Kendra: 15

Josiah/Lauren: 10

Austin/Joy: 8

So that gets me up to: 62.

I didn't grow up in a big extended family, but my friends who did assure me that they don't know all their cousins, or at least don't know them well. I guess Michelle and Jim Bob don't care, as long as they're arrow for Jesius.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

On 5/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, surgicalmusicalchairs said:

I think J&K will have EIGHTEEN children, and they are my current ‘winners’ for most granduggars.

Just selecting them as an example, even though it applies to the others...how are they going to support them?

Do JB and M have enough cash to support all these families indefinitely?  Because tmk the boys don't have that kind of earning power.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Just selecting them as an example, even though it applies to the others...how are they going to support them?

Do JB and M have enough cash to support all these families indefinitely?  Because tmk the boys don't have that kind of earning power.

They always seem to manage. The 20 YO Kendra just recently mentioned how they were building yet another new home...no education, never held a job beyond a given role on a low budget TV show, cars, babies, trips...damn it’s parallel universe. Along with DD’s financials, we need to see JB’s too.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Do JB and M have enough cash to support all these families indefinitely?  Because tmk the boys don't have that kind of earning power.

I think about this sometimes. It seems like JB's plan was to have the boys develop skills working with his projects and then set them loose to start their own businesses and support their own households. However, that second step never really happened and now he's responsible for all these 8-year-old 25-year-olds who need to feed and house their kids.

It must be like playing a human version of The Sims.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I was thinking that too, and I just don’t know. Jim Boob & J’chelle rent commercial properties, and they both have ‘Real Estate licences’. Generally, that doesn't make you a millionaire. Boob went for the Senate (failed), but that was years ago,  Also, on the shows, did Boob ever say “I’m off to work, see y’all later!?” No. They don’t actually ‘go out’ to work. No-one is University educated, and although the boy Duggars and Austin seem to be able to turn their hand to most practical things, that doesn’t normally make u really wealthy by your early twenties.? ‘House flippin’ has potential, but that usually takes time and many properties before you make some serious cash. Smuggar had/ has a car lot? Also not a potentional millionaire. Don’t know what Ben does, but  it prob. Is only basic wage. The girls don’t actually ever go out to work do they? Even when they’re in their twenties and they’ve got no children yet (Jana, Lauren), they stay at home doing domestic stuff all day? (What did Jinger do for a WHOLE YEAR in Laredo before she got preggars??)??‍♀️ So all the families are ONE income anyway. TTH is on 20 acres I think?? We kno they built the place themselves using child-labour, Boob n Chelle boast of being debt-free and having all their needs met by god and his magic-money-tree.? We kno TLC is the actual money-tree, and all those weddings, honeymoons, overseas mission trips, travels etc are actually paid for by TLC because they would cost THOUSANDS? Did Joy (or Kendra) fly interstate with J’chelle and all the girls to choose a wedding dress? Can you imagine a ‘normal’ family doing that? No. Everyone has a car, they have many huge vehicles parked around the compound - it must cost a fortune to keep it all going. JD and Si fly planes. I’m sure getting your Pilot’s licence is not cheap. So the answer is, I just don’t know how the kids and in-laws maintain that lifestyle once they leave home.??‍♀️ If it’s not from Boob n Chelle, then the money from ‘Counting On’ must be a decent amount (so that’s why Dick Dullard started law-school - because he’s  getting none of that now). One thing I’m certain of: When the kidults left home for the first time (married), they realised they would not be able to maintain the type of lifestyle they had become accustomed to at TTH. Their parents had told told ‘em it was all part of ‘god’s provision’, but they realised it was TLC when they left home because the ‘divine’ provision didn’t magically follow them.? Until ‘Counting On’. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, viii said:

That's... not how it works, lol. 

lmao, i know it's not. for some reason my gut just says more sons than daughters for Benessa xD specifically boy-boy-boy-girl-boy-girl-string of boys-one last girl, and basically all my guesses for them will follow accordingly, until they stop spawning. I also have a particular pattern settled in mind for Anna and Lauren for whatever reason, which I'll make my guesses on, the others not so much. 

I think so far the only Duggar son we know does something other than full-time work for JB is John. and he still does a lot of handy work for his family, and probably their companies, too. 

Here are my predictions:

Josh/Anna: 8 kids

JD/Abbie: 4 kids (all girls that look like Abbie)

Derick/Jill: 3 kids if the next is a girl, 4 kids if the next is a boy

Ben/Jessa: 6 kids (with a girl as #4) 

Jeremy/Jinger: 3 kids (all girls)

Joe/Kendra: 16 kids

Josiah/Lauren: 8 kids

Austin/Joy: 6 kids 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

full-time work for JB is John

What does he do?  That unpaid constable thing?

• Upvote 2

They have numerous rental and investment properties, as well as income from the show and public appearances. Although the details aren’t clear, the family business brings in enough money to support the extended family, many of whom work in it. As annoying as it may be to see teenagers owning homes and raising families with no obvious careers, I think it’s good that the second generation is being compensated for having grown up on the show and helped their parents with child care, household tasks, and the business.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

43 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think it’s good that the second generation is being compensated

I agree they deserve compensation.  But unless it's enough that they'll never have to make their own way they will be in for a very rude awakening someday.

And when that happens there will be a passel of innocent kids who will still need to eat.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

Right now I think that the kids fully supported by JB is the ones at home, Josh&Anna + Ben&Jessa. The other married kids have ways to make at least a decent amount themselves (the car lot, flipping houses, handy work etc). I'm in the group who think that Jeremy&Jinger have a separate deal with TLC, but that the rest of the money goes to some kind of family trust that has been set up. It's totally fair if that money goes to supporting the kids - they are the ones who got their lives displayed on national TV without asking for it, so I see that as some kind of legitimate payback. Too bad that it means the kids didn't understand that in real life you have to do some actual work to pay the bills. The only ones I see actually managing without JB/TLC-money are John&Abbie, and Austin&Joy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I think about this sometimes. It seems like JB's plan was to have the boys develop skills working with his projects and then set them loose to start their own businesses and support their own households. However, that second step never really happened and now he's responsible for all these 8-year-old 25-year-olds who need to feed and house their kids.

It must be like playing a human version of The Sims.

Those Duggarlings should watch out when JB buys the cheapest fire place and lots of wooden chairs.....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

It would actually make more sense to me for JB to create a corporation and officially employ the children. They have enough that they could get a group health insurance plan. I have to believe most of them are on some Christian health share fake insurance. They did not give their children proper education or job training, so I don't know what their prospects are outside of construction and service jobs. But with a real business and not just a bunch of LLCs, they could really develop some more solid wages. Joe is not going to be able to support their umpteen kids by selling used cars in rural Arkansas. They could have a storage unit facility, a moving company, formalize the property management stuff, a cleaning company, etc. Then the boys could actually specialize, grow their little domains, and have something real to put on a resume. It would also allow some part-time opportunities for office administration for the spouses or unmarrieds. #pipedream

The show won't last forever. Influencers will fall, their commodity will be worth less. The children will keep coming.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic