IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 37: Your new thread

samurai_sarah

I work with kids in foster care every day and its heartbreaking to see how the system fails these children. On top of the abuse they have already suffered causing them to be removed from their original families. Youth who are happier in juvenile detention because it's more stable than anywhere else they've ever lived. Children who have lived in 50+ different homes throughout their childhood. Children that we simply cant place because they have too many needs or because they dont look good on paper. 

I know it's been said many times, but the system cant take the influx of unwanted kids these abortion laws are going to create. The majority of families I work with are already stretched and overburdened, stuck in cycles of generational poverty and drug use. Removing their right to choose whether or not to have more children is inhumane and unacceptable. 

These new abortion laws are heartbreaking and terrifying. Our policies and inability as a country to create positive change are cheating us out of a hopeful future.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

I live in that horrible state (according to the far right and fundies everywhere) New York. Our state has a slew of issues that make moving appealing but I can deal with them because having a right to chose what my children can do with their own bodies is far more important than weather or high taxes (yes they suck but I guess you get what you pay for).  My maternal family is from Alabama originally though most have left the state (for Louisiana, NY, Maryland, Florida) and most of them are disgusted by this new legislation. Once again goes to show that those with the power and the money really make the rules. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 5/17/2019 at 12:32 AM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Has anyone here ever used a doula or know someone who did?  Just curious as to how that experience worked for someone.

Friends of used one a couple of weeks ago and were absolutely happy. You mostly don’t see your pre/post natal midwife during birth in hospital. The midwives working there will be there for you but depending on how busy it is you mostly don’t get a one on one support, especially if you are low risk and proceed normally. The doula as with them before and during birth all the time. Massaged and helped breathing. Looking back I would try that as well. Even though we theoretically knew what to do we were both a bit helpless and overwhelmed when our baby actually came.

To avoid misunderstandings: abortions are not legal in Germany but they will not be prosecuted before 12 weeks and later when you are diagnosed with a medical condition like a disabled/ill child or mental problems (rate would probably be such a case) yourself and you choose to terminate. Abortions are covered in our health insurance iirc and are done in normal hospitals by a medical team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Counting on will also return in the fall according to Lily and Ellie Duggar family blog. 

Will they start with Jabbie wedding again or will they trying to regain some time and start with Jessa #3 announce? Or even with Lauren's and then come back to show everything again in a "where all this start?" 

Screenshot_20190521-084809_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Possible new season recap:

Everyone is pregnant. Nothing new. Move on, people. 

Edited by xenobia
  • Upvote 10
  • Fuck You 1
  • Haha 25
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Do you remember back in January when we was wondering what will they future in Co news season except for Jessa's pregnancy and Jabbie honeymoon? Aaaah good times, now we have five knows pregnancy plus at least another one to come (Jabbie)

• Upvote 5

The only thing remotely interesting about more babies is the name game. And that is even losing its luster outside of the Seewalds. If Jessa names this next kid , and it’s something reasonable ( read not Wilberforce or Spurgeonesque) even the Seewalds’ name game will have lost its luster.

• I Agree 8

I love the blog, "Can you handle all the excitement?" Um, what excitement ? Just more of the same.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The only thing remotely interesting about more babies is the name game. And that is even losing its luster outside of the Seewalds. If Jessa names this next kid , and it’s something reasonable ( read not Wilberforce or Spurgeonesque) even the Seewalds’ name game will have lost its luster.

I have never found the name game remotely interesting. I also don't want to predict the sizes, birth dates, or genders of the babies. I know doing those things is very popular, but I scroll right on by those posts.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

I skim the name predictions, because I like the jokes posters slip in here and there. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 5/16/2019 at 3:32 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Has anyone here ever used a doula or know someone who did?  Just curious as to how that experience worked for someone.

I had a doula and would highly recommend it for everyone. I very much wanted an unmedicated vaginal delivery and having a doula who was knowledgeable in pain management techniques through massage, different positions, and pressure points was very helpful. In addition, she was a good support for my husband in helping him better understand what was happening as well as how to best help me out. It was all so wonderful that she did postnatal care roughly two or three days after our daughter was born and then again two weeks after that. It was wonderful having someone check up on me prior to the 6-week appointment with my OBGYN. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 5

On 5/18/2019 at 6:56 PM, Calypso said:

I work with kids in foster care every day and its heartbreaking to see how the system fails these children. On top of the abuse they have already suffered causing them to be removed from their original families. Youth who are happier in juvenile detention because it's more stable than anywhere else they've ever lived. Children who have lived in 50+ different homes throughout their childhood. Children that we simply cant place because they have too many needs or because they dont look good on paper. 

I know it's been said many times, but the system cant take the influx of unwanted kids these abortion laws are going to create. The majority of families I work with are already stretched and overburdened, stuck in cycles of generational poverty and drug use. Removing their right to choose whether or not to have more children is inhumane and unacceptable. 

These new abortion laws are heartbreaking and terrifying. Our policies and inability as a country to create positive change are cheating us out of a hopeful future.

Yes, it seems if a white, healthy infant, it goes int to he system. 

• Confused 2

c3d6d523-8b24-4ba4-8920-8058ea81ec50.thumb.jpg.ba57fd05977204b22fab5816fb4f4137.jpgI have found this screen cap on tumblr a couple of days ago, but never have the op to post it till now. 

So are they counting Jubilee but not jcaleb or simply lost track of their own kids? 

c3d6d523-8b24-4ba4-8920-8058ea81ec50.jpg

fa662d30-f0be-4310-ada8-a98579f16b03.jpg

Edited by Italiangirl
Inverted the pics
  • Thank You 8

I would bet that they are counting Jubilee.  She was significantly pregnant with her and they had a funeral for her. Any loss is heartbreaking but at that point in pregnancy and the fact that she labored to deliver the fetus I wouldn't be surprised if they counted her as a child. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, JMO said:

I would bet that they are counting Jubilee.  She was significantly pregnant with her and they had a funeral for her. Any loss is heartbreaking but at that point in pregnancy and the fact that she labored to deliver the fetus I wouldn't be surprised if they counted her as a child. 

It's possible, but after the loss the show was still '19 kids and counting ' so I'm not so sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Renaming the show 20 kids and counting after such a loss would have been super tacky. 

When they mention 20 kids, I’m sure they are meaning Jubilee. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, viii said:

Renaming the show 20 kids and counting after such a loss would have been super tacky. 

When they mention 20 kids, I’m sure they are meaning Jubilee. 

Hmm. Given the “celebrating” part and the fact that he will be at the celebration, I think they’re talking about Tyler.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I also think they are counting Tyler. They have not claimed to have more than their living children in the past and neither has Anna, afaik.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JMO said:

My sister lost a baby at 17 weeks, and had to be induced and go through labor and delivery... She definitely counts him as her first child (we all do), even though she'd had a few early miscarriages previously

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

In the video from the youth conference JB refers to having 20 children and says something like ‘19 biological and we’ve adopted our nephew as well’. I’m pretty sure Tyler is in their official count now. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

Looks like they're not including Siren's miscarriage as one of their grandchildren, even though Siren count it as one of their kids. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

They could put this entire issue to rest by focusing on the actual individual people instead of on a number. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

They could put this entire issue to rest by focusing on the actual individual people instead of on a number. 

Pfft, don’t be crazy, then they’d have to know something about those individual people. Jordyn who?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic