IGNORED

Seewalds 39: Piping in on the IKEA conversation

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am not propositioning your dad, but I’d marry a man who was that judicious about not dirtying more dishes.

i was raised and have raised a family where it’s a new cup for every drink and a new towel for every shower and ...I spend a lot of time doing dishes and laundry.

Ironically I was raised in both ways. Dad is definitely the reuse every cup, plate and silverware. While my mom was the use a clean cup, plate, and silverware for everything because of germs, bacteria, etc.It was a little confusing growing up for my brother and me not exactly sure which way to go. But that was how each one was raised. Dad by the use everything and reuse everything until you can't use it anymore or it needs to be washed and Mom by two germophobe

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It’s a generational thing. We are too old and tired to give a shite

Ah, hell, no! Cut the damn chord!

That's what my dad always says! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Ah, laundry. When I moved in to my apartment, the washing machine had been broken for a month, and the landlord wasn't fixing it. A month and a half later, I scored a free washing machine from a friend who was moving. Now, our dryer has been broken for a month, and the landlord hasn't fixed it yet... I miss having a dryer, but it's a hell of a lot easier than not having a washer.

Man, the Seewalds are dull. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

DH uses a new mug for every cup of tea or coffee. Last night I put 4 mugs in the dishwasher.  On the weekend he can go through 8 or 9 cups in a day, it drives me nuts because I'm always the one that has to load and unload the dishwasher.  I don't drink coffee or tea, but I'll use one glass for soda and one for water all day long. If I'm using a portable bottle for my water I'll use it for days.  I'll rinse it out and wipe it off every other day or so, or if I'm wearing lipstick I'll rinse and wipe it down at each refill. 

Ugh...this is my husband with clothes. 3 outfits a day, minimum. His idea of doing laundry is starting a load, and leaving it there until someone else finishes it. 

When will the date/weight/ name pool start for S-3?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

21 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

For a fridge or dishwasher,  there are vinyl wraps that you can use since they don't get that hot.  

Sweet fancy Rufus.  This has made me happier than anything I can remember in a long time.  My kitchen has a retro style in decor, but not appliances. I have only dreamed of having one of those pretty colored refrigerators.  Had no idea vinyl wraps were a thing.  There is an ETSY vendor that sells them in a billion colors and they aren't crazy expensive.

• Upvote 6

I will use the same water glass for ages. I rinse it, but it's only me drinking out of it, and it's water! Why would I get a new glass every single time I wanted a drink. Towels are also reused for a good amount of time, and jeans do not need to be washed every time they go on my body. 

I've never had a dishwasher, and I absolutely hate dishes. I usually do batch cooking and then eat out of the tupperware containers so I don't have to wash anymore dishes! :P 

I love my washer and dryer. My cats love the warm clothes that come out of them, but god do I love the smell of fresh sheets after they have been on the clothesline. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I will use the same water glass for ages. I rinse it, but it's only me drinking out of it, and it's water! Why would I get a new glass every single time I wanted a drink. Towels are also reused for a good amount of time, and jeans do not need to be washed every time they go on my body. 

I've never had a dishwasher, and I absolutely hate dishes. I usually do batch cooking and then eat out of the tupperware containers so I don't have to wash anymore dishes! :P 

I love my washer and dryer. My cats love the warm clothes that come out of them, but god do I love the smell of fresh sheets after they have been on the clothesline. 

Who  only wears jeans once, even if only for an hour?

Answer: My daughter

Who always has mountains of laundry to do, so much that it stresses me out when I go to visit?

Answer: My daughter’s family

And I swear, my GD changes her underwear 3 times a day...not when Mimi’s in charge!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8

For LittleJuly's birth, my insurance gave me 3 picture mugs. (Why? I don't know, but it was free, so yay!) The mugs have LittleJuly's name and portrait on them.

One mug was given to my father. He drinks coffee obsessively, and this mug is now his favourite. I'm not sure if it ever gets washed.

One mug was given to my in-laws who don't seem to use it very frequently as they have their preferred, very specific cups for tea and coffee.

My husband took the 3rd mug to work. As in most offices, mugs often tend to run out there. My husband figured since the mug has our daughter's name and picture on it, nobody else would dare use it. He underestimated the chutzpah of his colleagues, though, and has already had to retrieve it thrice from unauthorised users.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

I reuse dishes all day if they’re not very dirty. My husband eats oatmeal before work, I’ll rinse it out and eat oatmeal out of it later. If he leaves a plate it’s not unusual for me to use the same plate to make the toddler a sandwich on for lunch. I’ll drink out of the same glass all day too. I’ve currently got some hibiscus tea steeping in the mason jar the toddler and I shared a smoothie out of this morning. 

I love my dishwasher. I also did some reading and concur to what was said by previous posters that it was said that dishwashing uses less water than hand washing. Idk if it’s true, but that’s what it said. About a month ago I started doing a load in the dishwasher every night whether it was completely full or not (it usually is with a family of 4). It’s made a big difference in keeping the kitchen itself clean and keeping all the kitchen stuff always clean and usable. I’m pretty happy with that regimen right now. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

they went to the zoo with the Seewald side. got to say I really am wondering what number three will look like, will he be dark haired like spurg, light haired like Henry a mix or something totally different.  and will the baby have curls. I said he but yeah we have no clue though I do think it's a boy 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Who  only wears jeans once, even if only for an hour?

Answer: My daughter

Who always has mountains of laundry to do, so much that it stresses me out when I go to visit?

Answer: My daughter’s family

And I swear, my GD changes her underwear 3 times a day...not when Mimi’s in charge!

Speaking of laundry, I'm so excited, we managed to score a slightly used  washing machine tonight, it retails around $1k for $325. We got a dryer the same way 2 years ago, it was a return a $700 dryer for #350, they aren't a matched set, one is Whirlpool and the other Maytag, but they are both white. Our old washing machine is 15 years old and was starting to wear out. I feel so grown up when I get excited over appliance purchases. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

My washer and dryer aren’t a matched set, it never occurred to me to care. They’re both white, so meh.

I love how the Seewalds are so boring we’ve literally filled more pages of this thread talking about laundry and washing dishes than we have talking about them.

I’m surprised Henry is so fair, although Spurgeon (ughhh hearing Ben say “Spurgie” on that video) is darker than I’d expect given his parents and cousins too. I think Threewald will be a girl.

• Upvote 4

Meeeehhhh I really do not like Ben‘s new look. He reminds me of an acquaintance that I think looks heavily over groomed. There is no hair out of place. I get that you have to care for a full beard but for my aesthetic preferences a full beard suits rougher and bulkier men. Not wanna be Kens. It’s the combination with the very styled hair and the elongated beard shape that just doesn’t sit right with me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

It's awful.  Above the eyes he looks nice and his chin is just a mass of pubic hair.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I like the beard as it is now quite a lot. It's shaped well for his facial structure, and it's a style choice he makes for himself, in a world in which his choices are somewhat limited. Hopefully no one tells my son when he grows a beard now and then that it looks like pubic hair; I feel that would be a spectacularly rude thing to point out about hair texture. 

Also, I think Ben's becoming more and more handsome, so good job on that aspect at least, Jessa. 

Barry Gibb said awhile back that if he knew then what he knows now, he'd not have a beard all the time because at some point it pulls your skin down, and maybe you don't want a beard later on, but there you are with pulled-down skin. But I'm thinking if I were a man, I'd want a nice full but not long beard because presto, saggy jowls nomore. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1

With the beard and hair that way he reminds me of Rhett from Rhett and Link.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I actually like Ben’s look. To me he now became the most attractive of the Duggar family men.

But I am a sucker when it comes to men with beards.

• Upvote 11

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

With the beard and hair that way he reminds me of Rhett from Rhett and Link.

Thank you! I was trying to figure out why he looked so familiar too me!  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I actually like Ben’s look. To me he now became the most attractive of the Duggar family men.

But I am a sucker when it comes to men with beards.

Don’t get me wrong I like beards too. But Ben’s particular style (beard style + mix with hairstyle) just isn’t my taste.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I don't necessarily have anything against his look, but I do think it makes him look older than he is. I'm 23 and I sometimes forget that he's only a couple of months older than me.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, anaandrade said:

I don't necessarily have anything against his look, but I do think it makes him look older than he is. I'm 23 and I sometimes forget that he's only a couple of months older than me.

It could be what he is trying for at this point?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

With that beard Ben looks like he should be drinking craft beer and talking about bands “you’ve probably never heard of.” 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 7

5 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Oh I could find Ben kinda attractive in a way. As long as he does not talk.

That could actually apply to almost every Duggar husband and many of the Duggars themselves. Derick seemed nice, friendly, had a college education, and nice looking before he opened his mouth. Jeremy seemed nice, friendly, more worldly but nice looking before he opened his mouth. Ben currently seems attractive because he's learned not to say crap or Jessa's making him stay quiet. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

That could actually apply to almost every Duggar husband and many of the Duggars themselves. Derick seemed nice, friendly, had a college education, and nice looking before he opened his mouth. Jeremy seemed nice, friendly, more worldly but nice looking before he opened his mouth. Ben currently seems attractive because he's learned not to say crap or Jessa's making him stay quiet. 

Honestly I think Jessa took away his social Media privileges.  LOL he hasn't posted on IG since 2017 and well he post a little on twitter it isn't that often. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic