IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

Congrats to all the knocked up FJers! I’ll make a toast to you all with wine because I’m not drinking any of this water ;) 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 4/10/2019 at 2:04 PM, HereticHick said:

Congrats all! We'll have the fundies outbred in no time!

A Quiverfull of Rufus

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 19
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

I'll take some of that pregnancy water. It would be an immaculate conception! We would definitely one up the fundies with that. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

On 4/10/2019 at 4:21 PM, socalrules said:

I grew up on turnip/collard/mustard greens. Soul/Southern food was what I grew up eating. Never saw greens like kale or chard on menus. It’s funny now that eating greens is the hot new thing and I can’t believe that, of all things to suddenly be trendy, nasty kale would be it. I hate kale with the fire of a thousands suns. I will eat spinach but the old school greens I grew up on, especially turnip greens with turnips, is what I prefer. 

I grow chard and mustard greens every year. The mustard bolts the moment it gets hot, producing super tall stalks with tiny pretty little yellow flowers, so you don't get a lot unless you plant a lot, but it's pretty, and attracts bees. Chard grows from April through November here, cold or hot. When it's ridiculously hot it goes dormant, but then starts right up again when that's over. 

I don't think it's a hot new thing, though, the way kale started to be around ten years ago. Kale is stubborn to grow, and for me, definitely not worth the trouble. Chard is just an old-fashioned thing that maybe isn't as popular in the south since the hottest period lasts longer there. 

Edited by backyard sylph
additional thought, for which you are welcome.
  • Upvote 4

Jill's Instagram post about the wasp and bees is something else. Who the heck would want to look at photos like that? Given the comment section I am thinking nobody is the answer to that question.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Her sisters must all laugh at her IG behind her back and that's why no one has given her tips to fix it. It's just so sad and stupid.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Jill made front page on People website over the been killing 

Screenshot_20190413-053436.png

Edited by Yaoichan12
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 27
  • Love 1

I don't dislike Jill any more than I dislike any of her grown up sisters, but I find it fascinating how clueless she seems to be about the outside perception of herself. Jinger, Jessa and Jana all strike me as very aware of how they might appear to other people (they did after all all grow up with cameras in their faces) but Jill seems to not have that specific ability. It makes her in a way more endearing to me, but it also tends to showcase more idiotic things about their lifestyle. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 12

OMG her response and being on crutches three days because of a bee sting. :pb_lol:

And I call total bullshit on her every putting any "critter" out of her house instead of killing it, but whatever. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 19
  • Love 1

Jill is lacking in self awareness. Time and again, I’m amazed at how unappealing her posts can be, despite the fact that in some ways she is trying the hardest out of the Duggarlings to have a social media presence. She is very active in promoting her blog, whereas the other girls stick mostly to Insta. And the unpalatable nature of her posts are on such a basic level that don’t even have anything to do with her being a fundie— no one should be posting pictures of dead bugs on their mommy blog. Come on, Jill! It’s not even a hard formula to follow. Cute kid pics, throw in a silly “relatable” mishap that isn’t gross, longer posts where you reveal some heartfelt relatable struggle to your fans, recipes where the food doesn’t look like a pile of gray mush. If dinner food photography is too hard for her she could even try switching over to desserts, which would be easier. 

There are just so many things that she could tweak a little and probably have a pretty successful blog. I mean, she has a built in following. Instead she’s so close yet so far away. 

• Upvote 27

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Congratulations and sincere love and wishes for healthy pregnancies!

I said in the Zsu thread that we were trying for #2. I found out a few days ago that our baby has no heartbeat. Sometimes I wonder wtf I'm doing wrong but the doctors say since I've had a healthy child, everything works. So, I'm looking forward. I also am so deeply grateful for babypearl,I really would be okay if that's all the universe ever gave me.

I'm so sorry to read this. It's such an up and down experience and that response from the doctors is maddening and also unkind.

I went through 4-5 years of fertility treatments and 6 losses and I always feel so badly for women who read these threads while they are battling infertility. To see a constant parade of ignorant, unemployed, hateful fundies pregnant like it's as easy as buying a coffee at Starbucks can be so defeating.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 17

I'm going to defend Jill for a moment. I believe her, because it happened to me. I even posted here about it. I am allergic to bees and wasps. I carry an EpiPen at all times. If those evil fuckers are in or around my house, I exterminate them! The hell with whatever harm to the environment it may cause. So, Jill, kill those evil fuckers and tell critics to fuck off.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, zcccrv said:

I don't dislike Jill any more than I dislike any of her grown up sisters, but I find it fascinating how clueless she seems to be about the outside perception of herself. Jinger, Jessa and Jana all strike me as very aware of how they might appear to other people (they did after all all grow up with cameras in their faces) but Jill seems to not have that specific ability. It makes her in a way more endearing to me, but it also tends to showcase more idiotic things about their lifestyle. 

I agree - and I also wonder if she just doesn't care what other people think / her perception via Instagram and her blog. I'm kind of like that. I blog (personal blog) and have an okay following for it on Instagram... but I also don't curate it all very well because I honestly don't care - I want it to showcase my ACTUAL life to look back on, not just the "pretty highlights" that everyone else wants to see. I do it for myself, not for others.

That said, hers does appear to be for money - she wants sponsorships, paid posts, etc., and in that case, she probably SHOULD care a bit more than she seems to... IF she wants to continue to get paid for her content. 

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, twoandthrough said:

I agree - and I also wonder if she just doesn't care what other people think / her perception via Instagram and her blog. I'm kind of like that. I blog (personal blog) and have an okay following for it on Instagram... but I also don't curate it all very well because I honestly don't care - I want it to showcase my ACTUAL life to look back on, not just the "pretty highlights" that everyone else wants to see. I do it for myself, not for others.

That said, hers does appear to be for money - she wants sponsorships, paid posts, etc., and in that case, she probably SHOULD care a bit more than she seems to... IF she wants to continue to get paid for her content. 

I don't know a lot about social media and blogging income but perhaps she realisticaly doesn't have to make changes because her name alone is enough to attract clicks? Maybe someone who knows more about it can contribute their thoughts. Just going by my impression- I get a feeling that people with her level of name recognision can go two ways: 1. putting in a minimal effort and earning a nice paycheck or 2. putting in a lot of effort and earning a REALLY BIG paycheck. But maybe I'm overestimating things. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Congratulations and sincere love and wishes for healthy pregnancies!

I said in the Zsu thread that we were trying for #2. I found out a few days ago that our baby has no heartbeat. Sometimes I wonder wtf I'm doing wrong but the doctors say since I've had a healthy child, everything works. So, I'm looking forward. I also am so deeply grateful for babypearl,I really would be okay if that's all the universe ever gave me.

I am so very sorry for your loss, more than words can say.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

I don't blame her for killing a wasp in her house at all. I mean, how are you supposed to catch it and put it outside? But I also would never make a damn instagram post about it! It would be like posting about dusting or making toast or  cleaning out a caat box. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

She also made the NY Daily News ?

And then there's this comment on Twitter

94F4CB0C-3F15-4A14-9A46-3BAD551472E8.thumb.jpeg.b74dcaccb9b252f7e24532f3435517a0.jpeg

Girl just tries so hard to be relatable but misses the mark many times on moments to share. The one of Sam stealing the cupcake was perfect. It seemed to be genuine and everyone loves a good treat even if its aganist the rules. Pictures of dead bugs are not appealing.

Edited by bella8050
typo
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bella8050 said:

She also made the NY Daily News ?

And then there's this comment on Twitter

94F4CB0C-3F15-4A14-9A46-3BAD551472E8.thumb.jpeg.b74dcaccb9b252f7e24532f3435517a0.jpeg

Girl just tries so hard to be relatable but misses the mark many times on moments to share. The one of Sam stealing the cupcake was perfect. It seemed to be genuine and everyone loves a good treat even if its aganist the rules. Pictures of dead bugs are not appealing.

But even that one she failed on by including Israel saying "Sam is doing something VERY bad" Just a simple caption instead of a long winded explanation would be better. That's basical social media. 

• Upvote 4

@Eternalbluepearl  I'm sorry for your loss. In between #1 and #2, I had a miscarriage.  It hurts terribly to learn there is no heartbeat.  I was 12 weeks along. You didn't do anything wrong.  Unfortunately, nature is in charge, not us. I wanted my kids closer in age than 4 years apart but, I needed mental healing time after the miscarriage.  Big hugs to you and please don't blame yourself.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 21

• Georgiana locked this topic