IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

I just had scrambled egg whites with lacinato kale, salsa and of course, sharp cheddar cheese and Mediterranean feta.  It was yummy

• Upvote 4

me too!  all the best in the world, Sis V!

Oooh. Congrats to you too look!
  • Love 3

Congratulations to all the pregnant  Free Jingerites!!!!   What a happy time of life for you guys.

do these pregnancies have anything to do with the snow storms and power outages we experienced a while back? ?

Could someone start a pregnancy thread so we all can enjoy these pregnancies too?  :stork-baby:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Congrats to those expecting!

My non pregnant self is waiting to get routine bloodwork and just about busted out laughing in the waiting room at Derick’s tweet. He cannot be that obtuse. What a little troll. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

It’s an FJ baby boom! Better double up on my birth control; it’s catching here! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, pook said:

OMG you guys!!!! When I said "me too" I was agreeing with Nike!   Lolololol. I am not preggo but congrats to all my FJ sisters who are.  Hilarious!  Mr Pook had the snip 9 years ago and I am starting menopause.

Those little things shouldn't stop you!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 26

1 minute ago, DillyDally said:

Congratulations, @VelociRapture!! I came out of lurkdom around the time your daughter was born and wish you all the best and an easy, full term pregnancy ?

Looks like we're having a FJ baby boom since the great Duggar Baby Bonanza 2019 has not set in yet. I'm having a planned c-section on Friday (baby is breech). Wish me luck! 

Congrats all! We'll have the fundies outbred in no time!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, pook said:

OMG you guys!!!! When I said "me too" I was agreeing with Nike!   Lolololol. I am not preggo but congrats to all my FJ sisters who are.  Hilarious!  Mr Pook had the snip 9 years ago and I am starting menopause.

God works in mysterious ways ... :stork-baby:

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Rufus Bless 7
  • Haha 37

I grew up on turnip/collard/mustard greens. Soul/Southern food was what I grew up eating. Never saw greens like kale or chard on menus. It’s funny now that eating greens is the hot new thing and I can’t believe that, of all things to suddenly be trendy, nasty kale would be it. I hate kale with the fire of a thousands suns. I will eat spinach but the old school greens I grew up on, especially turnip greens with turnips, is what I prefer. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, DillyDally said:

I'm having a planned c-section on Friday (baby is breech). Wish me luck

Best of luck to you!

Congratulations to @VelociRapture and family and any other FJ'rs that are pregnant. May you all have healthy pregnancies, safe deliveries, and happy, healthy babies

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

I hate the texture of spinach, both raw and cooked. I loooove baby kale, and use it whenever a recipe calls for spinach. My favorite is to cook a batch or Marcella Hazan’s tomatoes with butter and onions, then wilt a handful of kale into each serving before tossing with spaghetti.

• Upvote 2

All this wonderful baby talk! Congratulations to our FJ friends who are expecting new little ones. Wishing you healthy pregnancies and babies.

So I’ll share my good news. I’m rejoicing after receiving word that one of my former second grade students delivered a healthy baby boy a few hours ago, after a seven-year battle with infertility and a scary bit about a month ago. After bed rest she made it well into the 36th week before delivering. So thankful for this little bundle of joy!

• Upvote 21
  • Love 13

Congratulations @pook and @zcccrv!!!  I'm lovingvall the baby news!  And the idea of arrows for anti- IFB. Lol!  Too funny.  

Really, I wish you all a happy, healthy pregnancy.  Yay babies!!!

ETA: I just saw @pook is not with child.  Oopsy. Hahahaha.  We've got baby fever here!  

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, zcccrv said:

9 hours ago, pook said:

That was my interpretation of your comment. I felt very weird. Like, have I been completely mistaken about Sis Pook and who she is for some reason.

It's weird when you have those 'huh?' moments.

I have noticed your status updates and such in the past few months and I am glad that you are doing better.

Hugs.

:lol:

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, zcccrv said:

Especially if you pray about it and let Jesus take the wheel....

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

On 4/6/2019 at 1:08 PM, Vivi_music said:

I agree that is a good look on her. Looks like what a modern Mom would wear. Simple and cute.

The only thing missing is a decent haircut.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I suspected you were pregnant when you recently posted something saying "when we have another child" instead of your usual "if we're lucky enough to have another"! 

FJ has reached some sort of peak something. We’ve got hot threads for pregnant FJers, pregnancy suspicions based on otherwise innocent comments, an erroneous Schrödinger's Uterus incident with @pook and there’s even talk of a VelociBaby Watch thread. If we start a name/weight/sex guess thread I’m gonna lost my shit ??   

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Riffle
  • Haha 36

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

That was my interpretation of your comment. I felt very weird. Like, have I been completely mistaken about Sis Pook and who she is for some reason.

It's weird when you have those 'huh?' moments.

I have noticed your status updates and such in the past few months and I am glad that you are doing better.

Hugs.

:lol:

Thank you Sis Alice and all my dear FJ friends.

Edited by pook
not burris, no tall tales here. #nothingtohide
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 7

Congrats to the pregnant FJers! And best of luck Dilly Dally. 

I do not even attempt to cook kale. I generally dislike fad foods and raw baby spinach is a green leafy my kids will actually eat, so I aint messing with my system.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:23 AM, AtlanticTug said:

Congrats to all the new mommas around here! Happy & healthy rest of your pregnancies.

When there are a lot of announcements I always get a big of a pang for that excitement of new life joining us. Then I remember my kids finally sleep at night without a peep and come back to my senses. ;)

I add my congratulations to all who are expecting a baby :)  I'm in the season of life where I'm beginning to dream about holding a grandbaby -- but so far, none are on the horizon and probably not for at least the next couple of years until my son finishes up his military service and sees his girlfriend more than once every 3 months or so.  Of course, unexpected pregnancies do happen - that's how I ended up having my son (best surprise evah), so maybe my dreams are telling me something? 

Until then, I get to enjoy hearing about FJer's pregnancies and see cute baby pics when they share.

(Yes, evangelicals, even crusty non-religious people like me actually love babies and children, and welcome them when their mothers have made the conscious choice to have them.)

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

• Georgiana locked this topic