IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

Yay @VelociRapture! I wish you the best!

To the kale dislikers, this salad may change your mind. Let the dressing sit on the kale for just a bit to "massage" it. It will tenderize just a bit and not be so bitter and crunchy. My kid asks for this salad all the time, by the way! 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/kale-citrus-salad-2593844

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Anything kale can do, chard can do better...?

I love chard!!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I hate kale with the passion of a thousand burning suns (seriously, just ask my coworkers! I have strong opinions about this topic! :pb_lol:), so I am extremely unhappy about the fact that it's so popular right now, especially here in California. It's seriously in EVERYTHING now. I don't want kale salad, or kale chips, or kale on my fried chicken sandwich. Just stay far away from me with your kale and no one will get hurt.

Now can we please go back to delicious veggies like spinach or brokkoli being popular again?

Edited by JillyO
Fixed a riffle
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

@PumaLover, that salad looks really good, I will definitely try it out sometime. Kale absolutely needs to be massaged if you're not cooking it...a little bit of olive oil + lemon juice works or a bit of the dressing or vinaigrette you're gonna use. If the kale was tossed in the dressing and was left to marinate in it for a bit before the salad was made that would work too...but massaging does help if you don't want to chew it for forever and 5 days. Or, you could balance out the health benefits by throwing some hot bacon on it and wilting it ?!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Thank you for sharing @VelociRapture. I always feel honored that you include us in your good news. Wishing you a stress free pregnancy and delivery.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

My son and I have been sharing a kale smoothie every morning lately that he begs for. It's got a handful of kale (or spinach),  one ripe banana, a handful of frozen mango, a spoonful each of green powder (more greens!) and ground flax. For liquid I either add unsweetened almond milk or coconut water. Yum. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

You know what foodis a good blend of healthy and not? Takeout spring rolls(tofu vegetables in a rice wrap) dipped in peanut sauce (liquid peanut. butter) I am very particular about peanut sauce. It can't be too sweet.

But if the flavor hits the right notes. Mmm. And cilantro. Mmm

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Velocibaby Two: Electric Boogaloo! Congrats!! I'm so excited for you and your family!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I came for the hot thread wondering which Duggar was pregnant now, and here it’s one of our own!  

Yes! It is so exciting isn't it! I jumped out of my chair a bit when I read it and now I just have a smile on my face. Happy for you @VelociRapture! Thanks for sharing with us! 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

I came for the hot thread wondering which Duggar was pregnant now, and here it’s one of our own!  

It's so much better than a Duggar pregnancy!

Congratulations, @VelociRapture to you and your family! I'm thrilled to hear your great news! After reading so many of your thoughtful and insightful posts, this little person will be so lucky to have you as a mama!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I feel like both these discussions are just unfair because I’m pregnant. I kind of just want to eat everything right now, but I have to try and be good too. ?

*throws hands in the air in excitement* YAY!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!! 

I have a sudden great desire to find you dinosaur themed baby items. Maybe a velociraptor sticker family for your car...

https://etsy.me/2MeDsaO

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Apologies to anyone who had might have had a heart attack thinking Jill announced a pregnancy only to find out it was me. ?

Much better than a Jill pregnancy...congrats on another VelociBaby!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Apologies to anyone who had might have had a heart attack thinking Jill announced a pregnancy only to find out it was me. ?

I just figured Derick said or did something ridiculous again. Your news is so much better (and so much more welcomed)!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yeah, at first I was afraid (I was petrified...) but now I’m excited. I figured it was a pregnancy or Derdick said something awful again.

Also, I just remembered this amazing shirt. You and your daughter should get matching ones. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Love 8

Another Velocibaby!!!!!YAY! AND a Pookiebaby too????

Wishing you both easy pregnancies, easy, FULL TERM deliveries and babies that don't look like little old men or aliens!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

FULL TERM deliveries

I’d already congratulated @VelociRapture over in the other thread, but great news on the ultrasound!  I’m adding my hopes for a full term delivery, which could be known as the great veloci watch, since you announced on this thread, you surprised us all last time and Jill luckily is not giving us a dilly watch this year.  (Well she may be pregnant and keeping it quiet but since she’s just gone out and got new skinny jeans I reckon we are safe for a little while.)

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

• Georgiana locked this topic