IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

That kissing photo is awful. Tight-lipped and dry. I mean, no one needs to see tongue but, jeez, a little moisture and slightly parted lips goes a long way to a more attractive photo. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

3 minutes ago, crancraz said:

That kissing photo is awful. Tight-lipped and dry. I mean, no one needs to see tongue but, jeez, a little moisture and slightly parted lips goes a long way to a more attractive photo. 

they look like two teenagers who have just been dared to kiss each other. LMAO

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 7

That’s not a romantic couple kiss, that’s the kind of pushing closed mouth faces together that happens when you kiss your aunt hello.

Not that any kisses need to be photographed and put on social media.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 14

17 hours ago, JillyO said:

Now the fact that she uses her Easter post to shill Citrus and Lemon, even as an atheist I have no words for how tacky that is. Let's just say I would NOT be happy about that if I were a Christian.

#whatwouldJesusshill ?

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 18

17 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I wear a bra. It’s fine for me, I don’t have any problems with mine. I tend to get underboob sweat if I don’t wear one. They aren’t even that big. 

Swamp tits/swamp ass season is soon upon us in the northern hemisphere, it's a real bitch. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Swamp tits/swamp ass season is soon upon us in the northern hemisphere, it's a real bitch. 

I seriously wish there'd be some form of a device that would raise my tits up for the night and blow gentle, cool air to my underboob area. Waking up with boob sweat is the worst. Or just trying to fall asleep with it...

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 11

19 hours ago, Inky said:

Ever since I went to the Citrus & Lemon website their advertising has been popping up all over facebook, freejinger, and elsewhere LOL.

But that advertising isn't going to work on me. The clothes are too expensive and not really my taste. 

There are a few dresses that look quite pretty. Why hasn't Jill selected those? 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

they look like two teenagers who have just been dared to kiss each other. LMAO

Seven minutes in hell

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

There are a few dresses that look quite pretty. Why hasn't Jill selected those? 

I can’t believe I’m defending Jill again :D

Compared to what she was forced to wear growing up, even the dresses we think are ill fitting  or ugly probably DO look pretty in her mind.

She is learning what suits her and how to dress her body according to her own tastes (or those of her husband, ugh) and she has never had the opportunity to do this before. As she gains confidence and learns what makes her feel and look good, her skills in choosing clothes will be refined and I have no doubt that she will continue to branch out. And hopefully she will buy an iron while as she learns more about clothes haha.

She hasn’t been taught these things and now she’s having to teach herself as an adult (all the while knowing that her parents don’t approve - but she’s sticking to her guns). I do think she is becoming more aware of what is flattering and what isn’t (but watch her choose an absolute doozy next and I’ll have to eat my words).

It is obvious that it hasn’t come naturally to her like it has to Jinger, but she is definitely making progress imo.

I can’t figure out how to put photos under spoilers so I can’t post both pics I’m thinking of, but I think Jill looks better in this dress than the model on the insta page (it’s a coral colour if you want to go and look for it).

32F1BA8D-3A08-4B0B-952C-3699976A3389.png

The next thing I really want to see is her having the confidence to praise herself instead of the clothes.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Is it my age or just my personal style that makes me not a fan of the citrus and lemon clothes? I really like Jill's sandals, though. I wonder if they are Bass- I've lost the Bass outlets near me, so don't know how I'm going to replace my sandals when they wear out. I refuse to order shoes, as I like to try them on before I buy.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Is it my age or just my personal style that makes me not a fan of the citrus and lemon clothes? I really like Jill's sandals, though. I wonder if they are Bass- I've lost the Bass outlets near me, so don't know how I'm going to replace my sandals when they wear out. I refuse to order shoes, as I like to try them on before I buy.

Some of the stuff is nice but I personally wouldn't wear most of the stuff.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

13 hours ago, adidas said:

Compared to what she was forced to wear growing up, even the dresses we think are ill fitting  or ugly probably DO look pretty in her mind.

She is learning what suits her and how to dress her body according to her own tastes (or those of her husband, ugh) and she has never had the opportunity to do this before. As she gains confidence and learns what makes her feel and look good, her skills in choosing clothes will be refined and I have no doubt that she will continue to branch out. And hopefully she will buy an iron while as she learns more about clothes haha.

She hasn’t been taught these things and now she’s having to teach herself as an adult (all the while knowing that her parents don’t approve - but she’s sticking to her guns). I do think she is becoming more aware of what is flattering and what isn’t (but watch her choose an absolute doozy next and I’ll have to eat my words).

It is obvious that it hasn’t come naturally to her like it has to Jinger, but she is definitely making progress imo.

I can’t figure out how to put photos under spoilers so I can’t post both pics I’m thinking of, but I think Jill looks better in this dress than the model on the insta page (it’s a coral colour if you want to go and look for it).

The next thing I really want to see is her having the confidence to praise herself instead of the clothes.

Yes! Yes! Yes! To this whole post! Jill annoys the crap out of me but I'm still in a similar boat. Had to wear ultra modest dresses my whole life, still trying to figure out how to dress age appropriate. I've always dressed like an old lady ever since I was a little girl & my style has still been described as such and I don't like that (I'm 41) but I don't really know how to change it. So I definitely get what you are saying. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 15

I just don't get why Citrus and Lemon aren't styling her.  Their stock photos aren't bad.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Off-topic bra tip after reading previous posts:

I mentioned on another board that I have recently discovered TomboyX undies.  They are the BOMB-DIGGETY.  

They have ultra-soft bras in racerback and regular styles.  Now granted, it isn't firm support and it does give a bit of a uniboob.  But OH SWEET BABY JESUS, THEY ARE COMFORTABLE!  I am a DDD/G cup depending on the brand.  My skin has become super-sensitive in menopause and the minute I get home, the first thing I do is rip off my Playtex "outside in public" bra.  TomboyX has done the impossible - they have created a bra that I WANT to put on in the morning. Even the elastic is soft, silky and not binding.  I wear the 3X and it holds everything in.  I also wear the 9" boxer briefs - no more wearing cotton bike shorts under my skirts to prevent chafing. 

I am no longer braless all the time at home.  My family is probably grateful.  :pb_lol:

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Yes! Yes! Yes! To this whole post! Jill annoys the crap out of me but I'm still in a similar boat. Had to wear ultra modest dresses my whole life, still trying to figure out how to dress age appropriate. I've always dressed like an old lady ever since I was a little girl & my style has still been described as such and I don't like that (I'm 41) but I don't really know how to change it. So I definitely get what you are saying. 

Sigh, please add me to this club.  I wore the  peter pan collars and calico print dresses for a very long time.  I did start to push back a bit in my late teens, but I've never acquired the fashion sense that seems to come so easily to everyone else.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 9

"Israel said he didn't do it" LOL..

One of my boys once keyed my car with his sister's name... but it was definitely his handwriting...

• Haha 17
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

"Israel said he didn't do it" LOL..

One of my boys once keyed my car with his sister's name... but it was definitely his handwriting...

My brother had three boys within 3 years (currently 23, 21, and 20). Many years ago, The 2 oldest ones convinced the youngest one to spray paint his initials on the house with black spray paint. Of course they all denied who did it. I pulled the young offender aside and told him he should have used one of the other boy’s initials. LOL!

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

One of my daughters and her BFF decided to write on the house with chalk about 30 years  ago.  The writing on the bricks is still there and it's going to stay there.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

23 hours ago, adidas said:

that dress looks like something a prison matron would be wearing.

• Upvote 4

I'm betting that the picture is taken in her new back yard. It looks like lots of new houses in the surroundings, and the back yard grass looks like it's been put there quite recently.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Jill posted on Insta about Josh and Anna expecting a baby.  Comments are... not positive.

• Upvote 6

I was going to say, the Duggars basically have a batallion of young, able bodied men who could have moved Jill and Derrick's (small number of) belongings in a half a day. Instead it's some random friends, a moving company and Cathy watching the boys.

100% something is going on.

And really, the gall of JimBob if he's distancing the family from Jill. HE is the one who shat the bed on this whole thing because HE was Derick's prayer buddy or whatever, HE approved him, HE introduced him to Jill and HE gave the blessing re: courtship. He should be hanging his head in shame instead of any kind of self-righteous posturing.

Derick is backwards and offensive but frankly, all things being equal, Jill is probably better off as far away from her idiot family as possible.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10

I think he’s more upset at the situation rather than Jill herself, but she’s caught in the crossfire. There’s only one thing that can get Boob this bent out of shape: money.  I’m convinced he’s paying Derick to keep him from airing their dirty laundry.  If what we suspect is true about how TLC compensates the family,  it makes Boob and TLC look really bad. But every payment he makes to the Dillards just makes him that much more angry (and a ginormous hypocrite).

• Upvote 14

• Georgiana locked this topic