IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

The  Gnome Home is from a long gone era and I love the layout so much more than house layouts from the past 30-40 years. I like having doors to keep Gnome pets and offspring out of my kitchen. I love that the layout is ideal for a family to live in but still private enough to have people over without having to clean the entire house.

I think of my parents house and the layout was horrible, they never used the massive livingroom or family room and spent all their time in the small kitchen and attached eating area (not a dinning room). I never understood the point of the house they cannot use 90% of or the attachment to it.

• Upvote 13

56 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

No buying used (or saving the difference) for these 2 grifters-

how far apart were the before and after pictures of the house.

Perhaps it's a click house which is common in some parts of the sunshine coast in BC  

they build it somewhere else and then barge it in with a crane and voila instant house in the spot that was bare. 

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

No no no-- have all your fundy maiden friends come over and paint giant illegible bible verses in "calligraphy" straight on the walls. Extra points for misspellings.

my parents once owned a penthouse and my mom was able to stencil on the walls in her bathroom. 

she loved it. 

:D

mostly she would write love on the walls 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I agree that Derick probably did receive some money from a life insurance policy after his father died.  But we’re talking a few hundred thousand, and Cathy was likely the beneficiary and spent a fair amount supporting the family, as she should have.  

Money or not, buying a house and funding law school with no job isn’t a smart idea in the long run.  They’re not living a frugal student life either.  Someone else is helping them out.

I wouldn’t guarantee there was a life insurance policy. Some Christians don’t believe in life insurance. Now maybe he got some kind of inheritance but I would think it would all go to Cathy until she died. 

I really wish someone would give her a steamer. Or at least an iron. 

C8D73791-E434-4C21-A18F-01FCC81DF5D4.png

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 9
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

Jill is going hardcore on these outfit posts. Carlin never did this many. Why would they even want her as a model? She does not look cute, sorry.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

5 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Jill is going hardcore on these outfit posts. Carlin never did this many. Why would they even want her as a model? She does not look cute, sorry.

Jill does have over a million and a half followers in comparison to Carlin’s 153k. So it is more exposure for the brand. Even if she doesn’t look cute. Lol

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

IMO- that picture gives off a prison yard vibe. 

Edited to add that even though she takes terrible pictures and doesn't even attempt to iron or make the clothes look presentable, there are probably a million people that now know about Citrus and Lemon so maybe they don't care about their brand ambassador being such a hot mess???

Edited by freshlemonade
add a thought
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

I’d think the company would suggest an iron. Again, no housekeeping skills for a person who claims that homemaking and motherhood are her life ambitions. Come on, Stevie Wonder could see how poorly that article of clothing presents. She is doing the company a disservice with these photos. She is so unaware. Her rearing did nothing but give Jill a sense that she is the center of the universe, and all she has to do is Jesus speak and very occasionally show up and put in the minimum effort in order to be rewarded to the max.

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

She could also throw her outfits  into the dryer with a damp wash cloth. That would get rid of most of the wrinkles.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

I forgot to pull the trigger on a laundry cart with ironing board I was eyeing on Amazon, so thank you Jill for the reminder.

I feel a bit bad for Jill here because I too can NEVER keep easily-creasing material from wrinkling.  Even if I ironed it in the morning, it'll look like I've never seen an iron in my life by the time I step off the bus.  Given that the top of the jumpsuit looks fine and it's only the pants that are wrinkled, it's very possible Jill has this problem as well.  But then I also would have made sure to snap any photos right after putting the outfit on to prevent showing the world that I have no ability to keep my clothes neat, especially if it was a promotion.  And in general, I am very picky about clothing material because I know that anything that wrinkles easily will not work for me.  

Jill needs to start being more critical of her photos if she wants to make it as an influencer.   Photos like this actually make their product look bad, and people are not going to hire Jill for posts if she can't be counted on to at least present the product in a positive light.  This is particularly bad because it highlights a flaw in the product that would be particularly of concern to Jill's audience.  Having an outfit that needs extra ironing isn't likely to be a deal breaker for women who already iron or take their clothes to be cleaned anyway, but it's likely that those women would be doing so because they work in a formal office.  I don't think Jill has a huge audience of high-powered, career women.  For most women at home or who work in a more casual setting, ironing is not something they do for their own clothes regularly and they likely try to keep their ironing pile as low as possible.  They don't want outfits that wrinkle because you're now adding to their stress by adding an extra concern and an extra chore.  And that's likely the bulk of Jill's audience.

Jill should have looked at this photo, hit delete, and then made a note to iron her outfit and take a new photo.  Sponsored posts are a JOB, and you should never provide such a low quality product when you're getting paid and expect to keep getting paid.  She needs to start doing some quality control and maybe educate herself on how to take good photos for sponsored posts.  There are plenty of resources out there that she can utilize to improve her posts, and it can be just as easy as creating a dummy instagram, following a bunch of major influencers, and seeing what they're doing/how they are setting up their posts.  

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 3

i can feel for everyone who gets wrinkled by daily life; i do too.  but there's a difference between the back of my skirt being wrinkled because i've been sitting at my desk for three hours followed by a long commute home, and the kind of creases made by the garment being folded into a plastic bag by the manufacturer and being shipped.  Jill's dress and jumpsuit look like the  latter; they have that look of having been taken out of the package five minutes ago.  there's some potential in her photos, but she's just not getting there.......

Edited by catlady
clarity
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7

I suspect Cathy has some real money, perhaps from insurance.  Doesn't the family have a scholarship fund in Rick's name?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

She also could have hung it up in the bathroom while someone took a hot shower. 

There are so many little homemaker hacks that these folks don’t appear to know!. It always cracks me up when a FJer suggests that a Duggar is smart...really? 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think she looks like frumpy elf in this photograph.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

I hate ironing! I do have a steamer that works pretty good. I would think doing that for clothes you were sent to advertise would be a 101 thing...but I guess not. The one outside definitely looks like a prison yard outfit, oh my. I wonder how many times her code has been used by fans. 

• Upvote 7

The jumpsuit is 100% rayon so it is easily wrinkled. That is my defense of Jill, but she really needs to get some self awareness and she still desperately needs a few clues on life in general.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Along with ironing or steaming her clothes to make them wrinkle-free, she also needs to photograph the clothes so they don't appear even a little see-through.  I can see her leg's shadow, if that makes any sense. It gives me the impression that the material is way too thin, and with the right light, I'll be flashing everyone.

Besides that, she could have paired that jumpsuit with brighter hair accessories, jewelry , shoes, and makeup (not like JRod's troweled on clown makeup). 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

That beige jumpsuit is the same as the orange one I saw on her insta story. I guess if she wears them to do prison ministry she'll be relatable?

• Haha 16
  • Thank You 1

I can't believe she's getting paid to promote that. She didn't bother to iron it, wash her hair, or even get a size that fits properly. Not everyone looks good in jumpsuits. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

34 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

My go-to method for decreasing wrinkles.  Heck, she could have at least hung that jumpsuit on a hanger for a while. It looks she pulled the package out of the mailbox and immediately put the jumpsuit on--in front of Jesus and the neighbors.

And Jill, my standard cell phone would let me spend an extra 15 seconds cropping the fence and deck out of the right side of the picture. Focus on the product, hon.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Who picks the clothing, the company or the employee? That type of outfit and general style does not flatter Jill at all. Last week’s form fitting jeans were a hit, but these jumpsuits, much like Jill’s wedding gown post alterations, just is unflattering in the waist area and makes Jill appear to have zero definition, which we all know is untrue. 

• Upvote 5

She is just SO BAD at the social media game that I would feel bad for her if she wasn't undoubtedly filling the minds of her children with hateful beliefs. Seriously, she has no self awareness. It's baffling.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not everyone looks good in jumpsuits. 

This is so true. I love the look of jumpsuits, but I have a 26 inch inseam with a long torso. The crotch is always stretched to the max while I have an extra foot of fabric on the legs. Looking at this pic makes me think Jill also is afflicted with a long torso.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, wakeamy said:

I really wish someone would give her a steamer. Or at least an iron. 

THIS, or run the garment to the cleaners if you hate ironing like I do. I would not pay her to model my clothes all wrinkled like that. Often, clothes don't fit or lie properly all wrinkled out of the packaging. C'mon Jill!

Jumpsuits are a no-no, I have a larger tummy area, although my legs are long enough. Also, too much trouble to remove to use the restroom. You have to practically disrobe.

4 hours ago, wakeamy said:

Some Christians don’t believe in life insurance.

What Christians are those? Sounds culty to me.

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Or sprayed on some Downy Wrinkle Releaser and smoothed the fabric a bit.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Every kissing photo of theirs looks so stilted and cold to me. I mean do they even like each other?

It’s not just the Dullards. Almost every kissing picture by every Duggar is either so completely flat-lipped or tightly puckered that I can’t imagine it really feels good. It’s like they just press their lips together willynilly and never think about how they might fit better. I’m not a big fan of tongues and Rufus knows I don’t want to see any of theirs, but literally none of their many kissing pictures has given me reason to believe that book they give each couple before the wedding has anything in it about what they should be doing above the neck. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

• Georgiana locked this topic