IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, adidas said:

Holy moly. I have small boobs and now I’m even worried about where they should be sitting (actually I’m not really). But who made this rule about them needing to be 2-3 inches above my elbow?

Why can’t they just sit where they’re comfortable? Why do I have to follow rules that some other person makes up about how I should look?

Jill’s boobs are fine. There are so many things she could be criticised for, please let this not be one of them.

I think this was more of "that godawful dress would look a little better if her bust was more supported" rather than "Jill's boobs are ugly." At least for me, I do believe women should be free to let their boobs hang low, let 'em waggle to and fro... But Jill is trying to go for a "look" and not quite achieving it, and some of us were discussing why it wasn't working.

If she's going to model for a clothing line, I think it's fine to discuss the appearance of the clothing. (I say, as I sit here in a wrinkled skort and worn-out t-shirt!)

• Upvote 16

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Who is that couple sitting next to J&D. Also it is possible that Derrick was late for whatever reason and people left before he got there. 

I think they’re members of Abbie’s family. There are several non-Duggars in the photo.

• Thank You 1

I think the fit of the dress in the chest area is just really unflattering and makes Jill look fumpier in that area than she would otherwise.  I think in a better fitting top, she'd look perfectly fine.  But Jill's still doing some work, because look what ads have started to pop up on FJ:

2019-04-22_17-21-27.thumb.jpg.51c74f6d2d8099ceceb0b2bfe9ca2e88.jpg

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I think this was more of "that godawful dress would look a little better if her bust was more supported" rather than "Jill's boobs are ugly." At least for me, I do believe women should be free to let their boobs hang low, let 'em waggle to and fro... But Jill is trying to go for a "look" and not quite achieving it, and some of us were discussing why it wasn't working.

If she's going to model for a clothing line, I think it's fine to discuss the appearance of the clothing. (I say, as I sit here in a wrinkled skort and worn-out t-shirt!)

Oh I definitely think the clothes should be critiqued (if she’s going to try to sell them, they should look flattering - it’s not hard to iron a jumpsuit) but I was responding to these types of sentiments:

“I read somewhere that your bust line should be halfway between your shoulder level and elbow.”

“ I read something years ago that said the boobs should be several inches above the crook of the elbow. If you see Jill's boobs there, they are definitely heading for the elbow.”

imo the focus is not on the clothes with quotes like that.

Imo the focus is not on the clothes with quotes like that. 

Edit: gah my last comment/opinion can’t be edited out of the quote box on my phone. Sorry!

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

JFC, Jill's newest recipe for "Brokkoli Rice Casserole" (I'm going to rename it "Sodium Casserole"). I'd like to think she's trolling us, but I'm afraid she's serious:

6 C. cooked rice

2 T. Butter

1 small onion, chopped

1 (1 lb.) block velveeta

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1lb broccoli, cooked

Let me repeat that. 1 pound of broccoli and one small onion. 6 cups of rice. Covered with 2 teaspoons of butter, 1 pound of velveeta "cheese" and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. I'd like to say something snarky or witty, but I'm honestly  just flabbergasted by a) what Jill considers cooking; b) the horrifying stuff she must have grown up eating (and, thus, all of her siblings as well); and c) most importantly, that Jill seriously seems to think that her recipes are worth sharing with the world. It's not her fault she grew up eating terrible, unhealthy food. But at this point, she's been out of the TTH long enough and has had enough outside exposure to figure out that she does not have anything to teach others about cooking, but instead has SO, SO MUCH to learn.

grafik.thumb.png.44ca7727b91e338b3616544373ab8e16.png

Edited by JillyO
Just deleting some empty lines.
  • Upvote 9
  • Disgust 10
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2

It’s actually 2 tablespoons of butter. Capital T stands for tablespoon in recipes, lower case t stands for teaspoons.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, JillyO said:

JFC, Jill's newest recipe for "Brokkoli Rice Casserole" (I'm going to rename it "Sodium Casserole"). I'd like to think she's trolling us, but I'm afraid she's serious:

Let me repeat that. 1 pound of broccoli and one small onion. 6 cups of rice. Covered with 2 teaspoons of butter, 1 pound of velveeta "cheese" and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. I'd like to say something snarky or witty, but I'm honestly  just flabbergasted by a) what Jill considers cooking; b) the horrifying stuff she must have grown up eating (and, thus, all of her siblings as well); and c) most importantly, that Jill seriously seems to think that her recipes are worth sharing with the world. It's not her fault she grew up eating terrible, unhealthy food. But at this point, she's been out of the TTH long enough and has had enough outside exposure to figure out that she does not have anything to teach others about cooking, but instead has SO, SO MUCH to learn.

That looks like stomach bile in the loo after a big night on the booze

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

Y'all my 21 year old son made shepherds pie, for dinner tonight,  it was so good.  He could give Jill some lessons. He's so cute, he was in the kitchen for an hour making the mashed potatoes, chopping the veg and putting it all together. Because he is 21 and a night owl, like his mother, he started that after working all day and going to classes tonight.  

• Upvote 14
  • Love 6

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Y'all my 21 year old son made shepherds pie, for dinner tonight,  it was so good.  He could give Jill some lessons. He's so cute, he was in the kitchen for an hour making the mashed potatoes, chopping the veg and putting it all together. Because he is 21 and a night owl, like his mother, he started that after working all day and going to classes tonight.  

Me loves me some shepard's pie! MMMMM comfort food

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I have a G cup and I go braless as often as I can. Saggity waggity woo, my boobs go too-de-loo.

(still trying to find a bra that doesn't dig into my skin and gives support, that I can wear for more than 4 hours at a time)

https://www.swegmark.se/sv/artiklar/stars-mjuk-bh-morkbla-.html

I only wear this one. It’s so comfortable and come in a few different colours (I really dig this new dark blue!) It’s a Swedish brand but I assume you should be able to get that shipped to Finland easily. They have lots of different styles without an under wire (I hate under wires with a passion) and fairly large sizes. I’m normaly a G-cup as well but wear the F-cup in this style and it fits great. I see they actually tell first time buyers to go down a size. 

After Miniway was born my breasts are starting to fall down towards my knees. Most irritating is the fact they are doing it at different speeds. One is waaay ahead of the other. I don’t really feel dressed without a bra on since it feels like my breasts just fly around uncontrolable. I need them contained for social outings. A comfortable bra is a must though. No under wires, no digging. I’m too old to be uncomfortable. Pray to Rufus I’m never single again! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Jill can use cheddar cheese, fresh broccoli (because based on what little broccoli I see in the pic above, she may have used frozen), 2 yellow or sweet onions, chicken stock or broth, spices (salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, etc), heavy cream to thicken, milk, basmati rice or pasta, and voila. It could have turned into something nice.  But nope, she again presents us with something that looks unappetizing.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

So I guess Jill is just going to keep cooking for a large family until she has them herself or has enough grandkids to finish a single batch ?‍♀️

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, JillyO said:

I don't think there's an excuse. Jessa and Jinger both grew up with exactly the same food and we've seen them eat completely differently. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Except he actually was at the wedding. There are photos on their website showing him there:

019B7EB9-E89A-48CE-B98D-DC8D869315E5.thumb.png.e2035fd361a22dbe425043da765394b2.png

Hide contents

F0599E30-C391-4F22-902A-57E3D82E2092.thumb.png.bf58c57f05a8cc38d65fb91acb4b1181.png

Jill is sitting on the lower right side, directly opposite of the Vuolos, who are on the left side (Jeremy is looking away from the camera.) Derick is standing right behind Jill. 

ETA: It was a huge wedding and it’s pretty likely you just missed seeing him, especially since he wouldn’t have been featured prominently due to filming. I’ve seen the claim made that he wasn’t there at all made a lot on here though and it’s just not true. 

I just didn’t see him then! There were a ton of people, though, so i’m not surprised. And i wasn’t looking that hard, either, lol! 

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You're raising a proper 'child'. I know he's not a child lol but he is to you 

DISCLAIMER: I don't want to sound sexist but I really love when men cook. It's such a turn on. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, OyToTheVey said:

I don't think there's an excuse. Jessa and Jinger both grew up with exactly the same food and we've seen them eat completely differently. 

I think their husbands have a lot to do with it. Ben seems very concerned with eating healthy/‘clean’, and Jeremy of course would have the sophisticated palate of a man who loves books. ? If they had married guys like Derick, they might be cooking just like Jill.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, adidas said:

Oh I definitely think the clothes should be critiqued (if she’s going to try to sell them, they should look flattering - it’s not hard to iron a jumpsuit) but I was responding to these types of sentiments:

Imo the focus is not on the clothes with quotes like that. 

Edit: gah my last comment/opinion can’t be edited out of the quote box on my phone. Sorry!

Well, the lack of a supportive bra, which affects the presentation of th article of clothing she is attempting to sell, is pertinent to the discussion at hand. No one is commenting on the body part in its raw form.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Is there a Jill recipe generator for random recipes?

Would go like: 

a ton fake cheese 

a ton cream of whatever soup 

a handful of token vegetable 

Instructions: 

Make sure the final food result doesn't actually have a real colour

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 17

It’s just too bad that Dillard didn’t prioritize JIll’s education, so that she could be some sort of nurse. Nursing is a decent profession for raising children. Jill could work PT, off hours, weekends, when Dillard could take a turn with the boys, thus avoiding childcare. I think DD wants a more educated, contributing to the bottom line spouse. He came from a home with a working, educated mom, and I’m sure he feels he turned out just peachy. Plus DD must also appr crate how the death of a spouse affects a family...Cathy was able to keep on keeping. Would Jill be able to do the same for his boys?

As a retired nurse, I think there’s potential for Jill in this profession. 

I truly believe that DD wanted more than a baby making factory in a spouse.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

You're raising a proper 'child'. I know he's not a child lol but he is to you 

DISCLAIMER: I don't want to sound sexist but I really love when men cook. It's such a turn on. 

Hell yes my boy can cook, he does laundry, he baby sits, he cleans the bathroom and he loves his mama!  Now my daughter on the other hand, has no use for domesticity, she's at uni and plans to make enough money to pay someone to do that shit for her.  :pb_lol: 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11
  • Love 2

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Hell yes my boy can cook, he does laundry, he baby sits, he cleans the bathroom and he loves his mama!  Now my daughter on the other hand, has no use for domesticity, she's at uni and plans to make enough money to pay someone to do that shit for her.  :pb_lol: 

Smart girl! I love to cook so I'm ok with that but other than that I want to make money and pay others to do things for me. I completely understand her! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I think the guideline about where the fullness of the bust should be for the dress or blouse to fit best is based on the prototype being fitted on a dress form and not a real person.  Dress forms most always have perky breasts.  

I won't go back a page to see who said it, but I don't like the term "boobs" substituting for breasts very much either.  It didn't bother me when Brett Somers used the term in her responses on Match Game, but  do not like to hear potential breastfeeding counselors use the word "boob" instead of "breast" and I sure would not like to hear boob out of a bra salesperson.  Maybe it's because "boob" also means a dimwit (ala JimBoob) that I don't like the term.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, CharlieInCharge said:

So I guess Jill is just going to keep cooking for a large family until she has them herself or has enough grandkids to finish a single batch ?‍♀️

yes she constantly reinforces that you can feed a large group of people. 

Sweetie cook for one and have leftovers for the next day is also a major achievement 

• Upvote 5

Could the money for the house have come from JB? A settlement perhaps for their time featured on the show. A keep Derrick sweet and silent pay off perhaps... 

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Your daughter is me :pb_lol: I'm the "breadwinner" between my husband and I, and I am simply too tired after work for house work. My husband used to do it (and did a great job!), but his responsibilities at his job have increased so he had less time to keep our home in order. When we got the latest furbaby (added a puppy sibling for our two feline headships), we decided to get a house cleaner in every other week. It's honestly been a huge help, and I'd love to get her in weekly, but I'm not sure we're quite ready for that financially. I realize we're super lucky to be able to do this, but we did make some other budget cuts to make it happen for us.

• Upvote 9

• Georgiana locked this topic