IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

Hmmmmm I think it is VERY telling that there is a gushing congrats photo series on Instagram for newly engaged sister Lydia, but not a peep about newly engaged brother Nathan. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

I get that a fundie couple drunk on Gothard Koolaid would not mention the marriages of Rebekah Keller and Suzette Keller. But Nathan and Nurie are following the fundie approved courtship model. Why wouldn’t they make a public congratulations on their engagement? I imagine Pris wouldget along very well with Nurie. Maybe they have spent very little time with Nurie so they don’t feel like they know her? I figured that had met at some point since the Rods have gone to Duggar and Bates weddings. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I get that a fundie couple drunk on Gothard Koolaid would not mention the marriages of Rebekah Keller and Suzette Keller. But Nathan and Nurie are following the fundie approved courtship model. Why wouldn’t they make a public congratulations on their engagement? I imagine Pris wouldget along very well with Nurie. Maybe they have spent very little time with Nurie so they don’t feel like they know her? I figured that had met at some point since the Rods have gone to Duggar and Bates weddings. 

To be a fly on the wall witnessing a conversation between those two...what a thought. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

9 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

To be a fly on the wall witnessing a conversation between those two...what a thought. 

I honestly think they are a lot alike. I think they would get along quite well. However they live in TX so they may not see one another much. Their conversations would be so sweet and godly anyone within 10 feet would get a cavity. But to see Jill and David meet would be hilarious. 

• Upvote 11

Perhaps the fundies are playing "hot potato" with Jill?  If they post congratulations on their accounts then who's likely to reply?  There could be no end to it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Perhaps the fundies are playing "hot potato" with Jill?  If they post congratulations on their accounts then who's likely to reply?  There could be no end to it.

She's a public relations liability. A nightmare.

I'm sure David dreads a meet up. He seems to care A LOT about image. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Nikedagain? said:

She's a public relations liability. A nightmare.

I'm sure David dreads a meet up. He seems to care A LOT about image. 

But he had no problem posing for a picture with Josh Duggar not that long ago and uploading it to his instagram. I guess a woman like Jill is just worst in their circles than an actual sexual abuser.

• Upvote 9

15 minutes ago, llucie said:

But he had no problem posing for a picture with Josh Duggar not that long ago and uploading it to his instagram. I guess a woman like Jill is just worst in their circles than an actual sexual abuser.

That was likely a calculated move by David. He knows Josh Duggar will always be his brother in law. And the Duggars are great for IBLP/ATI. Therefore he needs to make Josh look good. And if that means posing for a few nice family pictures while knowing he might get pushback, then so be it. It would be worse to completely ignore josh than to stick him in a few group shots. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

I’m perplexed & dismayed by Pris & David. Clearly they’re more adept at PR than I expected and yet it makes them even more dangerous imo. Their kids seem to be genuinely happy (as do P & D) and yet they are steeped in gothardism. I don’t understand it! Do they not experience cognitive dissonance? Are they so drenched in it that they truly believe it with every fiber of their being?? I know (as much as I can) the answer is yes (at least for now), but it’s incomprehensible to me. 

It makes me laugh thinking of them avoiding congratulating Nathan in order to avoid any interaction with Jill. Hopefully Nathan will be good to Nurie and the two will get away from Rod & Keller clutches as soon as possible but I’m doubtful. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I’m perplexed & dismayed by Pris & David. Clearly they’re more adept at PR than I expected and yet it makes them even more dangerous imo. Their kids seem to be genuinely happy (as do P & D) and yet they are steeped in gothardism. I don’t understand it! Do they not experience cognitive dissonance? Are they so drenched in it that they truly believe it with every fiber of their being?? I know (as much as I can) the answer is yes (at least for now), but it’s incomprehensible to me. 

It makes me laugh thinking of them avoiding congratulating Nathan in order to avoid any interaction with Jill. Hopefully Nathan will be good to Nurie and the two will get away from Rod & Keller clutches as soon as possible but I’m doubtful. 

Yes, I absolutely believe they are just that drenched in the Koolaid. They believe it and it works well for their family. That’s the thing. Sometimes this patriarchy crap actually works for certain families. For awhile that is. Their kids are still small. But they will not have 9 children who all live perfect fundie lives. Eventually their lives will not be so fundie perfect. But for right now, it all works just fine for them. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I completely agree. If any of them goes public with Jill on public media, a PR $#!+storm would result. Very bad for Dave’n’Cil’s image.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hane said:

I completely agree. If any of them goes public with Jill on public media, a PR $#!+storm would result. Very bad for Dave’n’Cil’s image.

Except Nathan is not marrying Jill, he is marrying Nurie, i dont see how congratulating a brother who is marrying an aparently completely godly and submissive girl is going to be a PR nightmare for any of them. Just find a photo where they look the most normal possible and write on a small congrats message, its not that dificult. I actually think that not adressing it at all is making all of them appear snobbish and classist, i even wonder if Nurie surname was Smith instead of Rodrigues if they would be having such a hard time acepting her in the family.

• Upvote 8

I thought the Keller’s often had a thanksgiving get together around thanksgiving every year. Of course Anna was due so they couldn’t go. And Esther never goes. But I would be surprised if no one traveled to the Keller’s for thanksgiving. 

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

They confirmed #5 Is coming late May early June 

Makes sense they were waiting to announce since she’s still pretty early in the pregnancy. I guess Pris just shows early now that she’s on #5.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Pris might just surpass Anna in number of.kids yet Anna seems to be stuck in an every two year pattern well Pris is pregnant with number 5bfasternthen Ibexpected I could see her expecting number 6 before Anna is expecting 7.

• Upvote 1

Here are the pecan children. We were predicting a fall baby for Pris in 2020. Maybe late September. So she’s only early by a few months. 

3F6A0BE2-890B-4F8B-8204-A6184BE47278.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Blessings blessings blessings blessings.

Blessings blessings blessings blessings

Do or say anything too much and it all looks like gobbledygook

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think they will stick with Ds for girls and Ps for boys 

I really need them to have a girl this time so that we finally find out once and for all if their naming theme is P for boys and D for girls or just alternating P and D.

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I really need them to have a girl this time so that we finally find out once and for all if their naming theme is P for boys and D for girls or just alternating P and D.

I thought about that but part of me thinks even if that was their original plan with two boys with ps and two girls with ds I think they will now stick along gender lines 

• I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic