IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

Sadly David's sister Rebecca has passed away . She was killed in a car crash. 

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Sad 17

Oh my gosh, I saw the MN highway patrol heading to an accident on my way to work this morning and heard it was a fatal accident. I just looked on the State Patrol website and Rebecca Waller was the fatality. Very sad, sounds like she made a left turn on a red light and was hit broadside by a pick up and then a semi. Didn’t know they were that close to me. Have always wondered if David’s family is related to a Waller I went to junior high with in MN 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 20

I was reading that, this is the second sibling to pass young. Who was the other one? 

This is devastating, I would not wish upon anyone.  

The only solace I find in this, if Fundies are actually as devout as they say, they would find some comfort that their loved one is in heaven and that they will see them again. That would be a nice feeling at a horrific time at least.

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

I was reading that, this is the second sibling to pass young. Who was the other one? 

The only solace I find in this, if Fundies are actually as devout as they say, they would find some comfort that their loved one is in heaven and that they will see them again. That would be a nice feeling at a horrific time at least.

The other one was Isaac Waller, Adam’s twin. They were the oldest. The family was living in Mongolia In 2005 when he got a fatal infection. He was 25 years old

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Isaac. He was one of the oldest twin boys in the family. He died at age 25. 

David wrote about her on their blog. It seems she was very busy with nursing school, working for UPS, and volunteering. 

• Thank You 6

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

David's older brother Isaac he is Adam's twin Brother he died at 25 and is the reason David decided not to marry until after he was 25 

• Thank You 5

11 minutes ago, TiredOldMom said:

Oh my gosh, I saw the MN highway patrol heading to an accident on my way to work this morning and heard it was a fatal accident. I just looked on the State Patrol website and Rebecca Waller was the fatality. Very sad, sounds like she made a left turn on a red light and was hit broadside by a pick up and then a semi. Didn’t know they were that close to me. Have always wondered if David’s family is related to a Waller I went to junior high with in MN 

My husband and kids are in MN this week visiting his family.  They were in that area this morning, and had to divert around the accident with the highway closed. I also had no idea the Waller family lived in that area, we lived there for 10 years. 

• Sad 8

This is incredibly sad. Just the thought of getting a phone call and hearing that a loved one has passed makes it hard for me to breathe. My heart really goes out to all of her family and friends.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

9 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

How sad :( I can’t imagine one child or sibling, let alone two. 

Absolutely heartbreaking. And from what I’ve heard, the death of one twin is especially tough for the remaining twin to deal with because the bond is incredibly strong, st least in most cases. 

One thing, although likely quite insignificant, bugged me though. In the post David and Priscilla announced Rebecca’s death in, they wrote that she’s not in heaven because she was a good person but because she’s trusted in Jesus. I understand that’s their belief and as they always preach it, it’s only logical they keep thinking this way in light of a death. Still, stating that someone’s not in heaven because she was good but because of another reason sounds odd and tone deaf to me.    

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

One thing, although likely quite insignificant, bugged me though. In the post David and Priscilla announced Rebecca’s death in, they wrote that she’s not in heaven because she was a good person but because she’s trusted in Jesus. I understand that’s their belief and as they always preach it, it’s only logical they keep thinking this way in light of a death. Still, stating that someone’s not in heaven because she was good but because of another reason sounds odd and tone deaf to me.    

It’s peculiar responses to big life events like these that remind me how wacky their beliefs are, and how constrained a range of beliefs and feelings are permitted in their cult. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Based on Priscilla and David’s ig, David’s sister Rebecca passed away today on a car accident. She was 22. It’s very sad. She’s the second Waller kid to die young. 

No snark here. This is awful. David's post said she was studying nursing and worked for UPS.

[The Wallers also lost a older son when they were missionaries in Mongolia]

https://www.davidlovespriscilla.com/2019/10/02/rebecca-is-in-heaven/

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

My heart goes out to them. As much as I dislike their beliefs I feel truly sorry for their loss. No parent should have to bury their child, let alone two.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 2

Oh, no.  How sad for the family.  I feel for David and Priscilla's kids, too.  They must have been attached to their aunt.

Edited by NoKidsAndCounting
typo
  • Upvote 8

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Still, stating that someone’s not in heaven because she was good but because of another reason sounds odd and tone deaf to me.    

Same. I came across this post in the first place because Jill Duggar was in there with her tone deaf emojis. 

I feel sad for them, I never realized they had lost another sibling as well, and 20's are so young.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I keep wondering what caused Rebecca to have the collision.  I'm assuming she was a good driver and that something must have suddenly caused her to turn.

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

One thing, although likely quite insignificant, bugged me though. In the post David and Priscilla announced Rebecca’s death in, they wrote that she’s not in heaven because she was a good person but because she’s trusted in Jesus.

That bugged me too.  And if her goodness was so insignificant toward getting to heaven then why did they bother recounting all the good she did here?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I had predicted one of the 5 Wallers still at home to start courting or get married this year. I hate that I was so wrong and this is what happened in their family instead. I feel horrible for the Waller parents. I can’t imagine losing two children in their 20s.

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I keep wondering what caused Rebecca to have the collision.  I'm assuming she was a good driver and that something must have suddenly caused her to turn.

Me too. The news report I read stated she made a left turn from the far right lane (first thing that didn’t make sense to me) and against a red light (second thing, though more understandable if she was hanging out in the middle of the intersection, waiting to turn for a bit.). I also read that this is the second fatal car accident at this particular intersection since mid-August, and that it had been recently re-done to make it less dangerous because it had been a problem before. 

All the memories of her say she was quite a busy girl with nursing school, work, volunteering. I wonder if she was overtired?

in driver’s ed I remember learning how dangerous it is to turn your wheel left when waiting to make a left hand turn, because someone could rear end you and push you into oncoming traffic. I’m always on my husband about this. Even though it sounds like this was a different circumstance, I’ll probably be thinking about it extra now. 

Poor girl. Poor family.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

This is so awful, for her, for the family, for the other drivers involved.

I feel for them, and was heartened to see the full post, in which David writes and adds pictures showing Rebecca's personality and contributions to the world. At least he didn't stop at "She is in Heaven today, not because she was a good person, but because she trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as her personal Savior."

And I think the need their beliefs put on them, to celebrate her being in Heaven, and specifying that she went to Heaven only because of her beliefs, is hurtful. That's not mere snark -- their doing that to themselves adds a layer to the sadness I feel for them.

I can feel both and say both -- I was brought up being taught that it's OK and normal to have mixed feelings, about anything. I hope that, in private, that message has gotten through to Rebecca's loved ones, as well.

But I suspect there are people mourning her who feel it is not OK to be angry, or to believe that her dying now was a stupid, ugly waste, not a joyous trip to Heaven. While not as heartbreaking, to me, as the fact that she died, it is still a part of why I feel for them.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 8

Devastating. David makes it sound like Rebecca was working full time for UPS and attending nursing school full time? I assume she was exhausted.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic