IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

I believe David was referring to Susanna, his wife's sister.

Fuck you, Wallers for throwing family under the bus to push your evil cult and beliefs on others. It tells us how you really feel about family members who have chosen to leave that evil cesspool of a cult and live different lives. Your pretty family reunion pictures are a lie.

I would never, ever do that to my or my husband's family. And if my husband talked about my sister in church or publically like that, he would need a proctologist to remove the many feet that would be up his ass.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I would have loved to see the reaction of the non-fundie Keller kids when they heard who their brother is courting. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm always leery of reading much too much into still photos.  I do think Papa Smurf Pearl insisted the girls take off "at least 30 pounds of that gunk" on their faces and stop the harlot-inspired hair torturing which then of course showed off their glowing, youthful prettiness.  I don't doubt the girls enjoyed the break from the home routine and the fresh air, but I don't think we can say for sure they were happy.  

And speaking of photos, I see a lot of posters praising David Waller for having such a good marriage and nice family life.  I have serious doubts.   The Thief of Pecan is all about image and appearances.   We know he was critical of Pris in the early days, and she seemed tortured over her failures.  Yes, I'm sure she's "doing better" after spending years under his tutelage, but I can't see him not being intensely critical of anything that isn't completely perfect in his eyes.  The kids are well-fed, Pris appears to be a good mother, but we don't know what actually is going on behind closed doors.  And he makes me very, very uncomfortable.  

We know he was critical of Pris in the early days? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 11:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t have stats or anything but I think it’s pretty normal for fundie families to have rebels (for example: people who divorce). Think of all the divorces in fundieland over the last few years. Kelly and Bradrick, Katie and Alan Smith, Joseph Darnell and his first wife to name a few. Then there are the rebels who distance themselves from their family. Cynthia Jeub, Alecia Faith Pennington, Karen Shupe are some that have kept some distance from their families. I think it’s more uncommon to have a family like the Arndts. Where they publicly act the part as the perfect fundie family well into adulthood. 

What I think often happens in the former fundieland is one spouse wakes up and realizes what crap it all was but the other one doesn’t — or maybe one never followed it to begin with and thought the other one was with them on the same page only to find not. I think that’s the case with Darnell. And judging by the photos he found someone to replace her who is straight out of a Vision Forum catalog of potential wives circa 2005. ? What blows my mind is how it’s all “Hod’s perfect timing” and not that he started a new relationship before he was divorced. ....

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

We haven’t heard much from the Wallers lately. They’ve been helping David’s parents build a new house. I was glad to spot a Waller sister in pants. It bothers me to no end when fundie women help with homebuilding projects in skirts. Depending on what you are doing, a skirt is completely impractical and possibly dangerous.

61C24795-1700-4484-A15A-8C899234BFC4.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Destiny’s flower bow is as big as her head! 

6251F845-FE91-4C67-8A89-423893A30539.jpeg

4 hours ago, gustava said:

Where do the Waller parents live?

Minnesota. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

They're back! The blog was updated yesterday. It is very smarmy. I don't think I've ever had occasion to use the word "smarmy" before but it fits perfectly here. 

BEC: these two could be sisters. Good lord. Why do fundie couples look alike so often? Or is it a gradual process, and should they live long enough they will one day be identical and that's why they have such hard-ons for gender-distinct dressing? 

Spoiler

DavidLovesPriscilla-12-768x576.jpg.a95234128e673a84b5c829e28b37734f.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

They're back! The blog was updated yesterday. It is very smarmy. I don't think I've ever had occasion to use the word "smarmy" before but it fits perfectly here. 

BEC: these two could be sisters. Good lord. Why do fundie couples look alike so often? Or is it a gradual process, and should they live long enough they will one day be identical and that's why they have such hard-ons for gender-distinct dressing? 

Hide contents

Did you see the Waller family picture? It’s creepy how much Pris looks like David’s sisters. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

In a perfect world, Pris and Dave would be cast as Viola and Sebastian in “Twelfth Night.” (One of my pet peeves is productions of that play in which the twins don’t resemble each other at all. The worst case I saw was a short, plump Viola and a tall, skinny Sebastian.)

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

Reveal hidden contents

Straight Outta Flowers in the Attic!

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 7

This might be really petty, but I’m always put off by the very simple writing style they use in the blog. Also, there are lots of minor mistakes (like wood “scrapes” instead of “scraps”). Who actually writes it-David or Priscilla? 

I always get this really weird, controlling vibe from both of them-like they’re smiling through gritted teeth and faking it until they make it.

CB981D42-19F0-4D32-844F-0245A6F223AC.png

Edited by Pleiades_06
Picture added
  • Upvote 2

On 9/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Destiny’s flower bow is as big as her head! 

6251F845-FE91-4C67-8A89-423893A30539.jpeg

Minnesota. 

I realize photos can be deceptive - but I like how happy the kids seem to be here; they appear to be at ease acting goofy. (Though Davia really doesn't need leggings undera dress that long!)

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

I realize photos can be deceptive - but I like how happy the kids seem to be here; they appear to be at ease acting goofy. (Though Davia really doesn't need leggings undera dress that long!)

I’m sure they put leggings on under all her dresses because of her age. Kids her age jump, roll around, climb, and ride around without thinking about their underwear showing. Of course I don’t give a single shit about undies showing. However I’m sure fundies do. In my opinion, it’s better that she can wear those leggings underneath and not worry about constantly being corrected for her immodesty when climbing the monkey bars. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

As a parent of girls, I can say that I've done shorts or leggings under all three of my daughters dresses when they were young...even into early elementary school.  I mostly did so because I was worried about any potential pervs in the world more than I worried about my daughters being "modest".  Kids will be kids and I want my girls to have the freedom to run, jump, play, and do anything their heart desires but I choose to give them a little more protection to give me peace of mind because the world is crazy.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, rightmind01 said:

As a parent of girls, I can say that I've done shorts or leggings under all three of my daughters dresses when they were young...even into early elementary school.  I mostly did so because I was worried about any potential pervs in the world more than I worried about my daughters being "modest".  Kids will be kids and I want my girls to have the freedom to run, jump, play, and do anything their heart desires but I choose to give them a little more protection to give me peace of mind because the world is crazy.

I don’t have girls but I would put shorts under dresses. Only because I wouldn’t want them to worry about being made fun of for climbing high and all the kids saying, “haha I see your underwear!” 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Shorts or leggings under skirts is a requirement at granddaughter's school and strongly suggested at grandson's school.  It's a thing these days and not just for fundies.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Way back in the 1970s in grade school I started wearing shorts under dresses at school as did other girls because at some point you end up having to deal with boys saying "I see Paris, I see France, I see liss's underpants"  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t have girls but I would put shorts under dresses. Only because I wouldn’t want them to worry about being made fun of for climbing high and all the kids saying, “haha I see your underwear!” 

? This reason too!  Now to convince my five year old that pants, a skirt, AND a dress are not needed at the same time ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

*raising hand now* I had my daughter wear shorts under her dresses too. She liked dresses and she liked the monkey bars so shorts seemed a good idea for all the reasons everyone else has stated above. 

Side note: She met her best friend on the monkey bars in first grade. Best friend was sitting on top forbidding everybody else from climbing up and daughter climbed up and gave her a piece of her mind. After settling their differences, they became inseparable and each was the other’s maid of honor at their weddings. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 20

I just love the comfy little knit shorts you can buy for kids to wear under dresses nowadays. When I was a kid, school was dresses and skirts only, and it really limited our action on the playground.

• Upvote 4

In the 1960's when I was in elementary school, we wore shorts under our skirts and dresses. Pants were not allowed in public schools until 1970 where I live. Nothing at all to do with religion or modesty, just practicality. It enabled us to be active like the boys, and not prettified princesses. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 4

Based on Priscilla and David’s ig, David’s sister Rebecca passed away today on a car accident. She was 22. It’s very sad. She’s the second Waller kid to die young. 

• Sad 23

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic