IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, petrushka said:

The name Peter (and probably Patrick) may be way too Catholic sounding in the IBLP world.  They really don't have too many biblical options other than Phineas.  I doubt they'll go with Pharaoh or Pilate, lol.  Maybe they'll go with something like Parson if they're dead set on P names for boys.  

And Saint Peter is also considered by Catholics as the first Pope. 

• I Agree 1

If anyone wants to make name/date guesses for this baby you can make them on the baby name thread in the Duggar forum and I’ll keep a list. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

My suspicion re: the extra attention for Lydia's engagement vs. Nathan's is that Lydia is a Waller, and therefore related to the manly man leader David, whereas Nathan is just a Keller, and related to lowly helpmeet Priscilla. My phrasing may be over the top, but David+Pris really push the gender roles. I'm not convinced it's much to do with Nurie if they're not actively hiding her.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

People have speculated Pris was pregnant in the past because she always has a small “bump.” I feel bad for Pris because it might make her feel self conscious. It’s possible she has diastasis recti. It’s a common condition. My cousin has it and she has a bump although she’s very petite. I imagine lots of quiverful fundie women have this. Here’s a link:

https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/abdominal-separation-diastasis-recti

Weird. Really? I've been loosely following the Wallers since their wedding and I've never seen over the top pregnancy speculation b/c of a bump? But, as I said, that might've escaped me. 

Pris is very athletic. In fact, the Wallers in general are quite health conscious. I am a bit jealous of how fit she is, how great she looks during pregnancy, and how quickly she goes back to her usual trim figure after giving birth. I don't think anyone should have to be self-conscious, it's our society that puts way too much focus on outward appearance, but even with focus on appearance, there's no reason for Pris to feel self-conscious. She looks awesome.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

Weird. Really? I've been loosely following the Wallers since their wedding and I've never seen over the top pregnancy speculation b/c of a bump? But, as I said, that might've escaped me. 

Pris is very athletic. In fact, the Wallers in general are quite health conscious. I am a bit jealous of how fit she is, how great she looks during pregnancy, and how quickly she goes back to her usual trim figure after giving birth. I don't think anyone should have to be self-conscious, it's our society that puts way too much focus on outward appearance, but even with focus on appearance, there's no reason for Pris to feel self-conscious. She looks awesome.

Yes, there has been speculation in the past. I can find you the picture if you want. Pris was holding a baby on her hip and there was speculation of a pregnancy bump. She wasn’t pregnant at the time. 

19 minutes ago, albireo said:

My suspicion re: the extra attention for Lydia's engagement vs. Nathan's is that Lydia is a Waller, and therefore related to the manly man leader David, whereas Nathan is just a Keller, and related to lowly helpmeet Priscilla. My phrasing may be over the top, but David+Pris really push the gender roles. I'm not convinced it's much to do with Nurie if they're not actively hiding her.

I don't know they used to always highlight when Pris brothers were visiting I honestly just think they do not like the Rods are the Rods still o. The outbwith the duggars for their behavior with was it Jingers wedding

• Bless Your Heart 1

4 hours ago, theotherelise said:

This is certainly possible. Priscilla is two years older (33) than Anna (31) and got married 3 years and 4 months after. So it would be a feat! 

Anna’s numbers are somewhat skewed by the fact Josh was in “rehab”, aren’t they?  I know she was pregnant when he went in, so maybe it didn’t matter to her stats. I should research on Duggar data. 

2 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Anna’s numbers are somewhat skewed by the fact Josh was in “rehab”, aren’t they?  I know she was pregnant when he went in, so maybe it didn’t matter to her stats. I should research on Duggar data. 

It doesn't seem like it! She's actually been remarkably consistent for the past few years. She started out at a pretty good clip - Mackynzie was born in October 2009, and then if Anna hadn't miscarried, her second child would have been born in February 2011. Michael was born in June 2011. But then after Michael, there's a two-year gap between him and Marcus, and ever since then there's been about a two-year gap between babies. Josh's stint in Jesushab seemed to have no effect whatsoever. The gaps are getting slightly longer each time, though, so I'm expecting MKid #7 around January or March February 2022.

Edited by singsingsing
derp
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Yeah, Anna's very consistent with her pregnancies. Her birth to birth times have been 20.5, 23.9, 25.8, 26.3, and 26.9 months. I expect M'baby #7 in about 27 months. 

Priscilla had been following Anna's pattern until now (with this new baby, her birth to birth times are 20.2, 23.6, 23.8, and 20.2 months). I wouldn't have expected an announcement from her for a few months, but I guess she's just slightly more fertile than expected. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 12/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, Giraffe said:

I’m perplexed & dismayed by Pris & David. Clearly they’re more adept at PR than I expected and yet it makes them even more dangerous imo. Their kids seem to be genuinely happy (as do P & D) and yet they are steeped in gothardism. I don’t understand it! Do they not experience cognitive dissonance? Are they so drenched in it that they truly believe it with every fiber of their being?? I know (as much as I can) the answer is yes (at least for now), but it’s incomprehensible to me. 

Things aren’t always the way they seem though. I think David and Pris curate and craft their public image very carefully. There is always something so stilted and stiff about them to me-like they’re putting in a show. That’s one reason why I’ve always been fascinated by them. There’s something very Stepford-wivesh about their life.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, scarlettphoenix said:

I heard a rumor that David was reluctant to start courting Priscilla. Idk where that comes from...anyone know? 

It's actually not a rumour and it comes from David himself. David put off getting into a relationship until he was 25, then wanted to wait until he was 28 but his mother basically called him a coward. You can read their lengthy stories in their 'About Me' section on davidlovespriscilla.com.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It's actually not a rumour and it comes from David himself. David put off getting into a relationship until he was 25, then wanted to wait until he was 28 but his mother basically called him a coward. You can read their lengthy stories in their 'About Me' section on davidlovespriscilla.com.

I wonder what the family says to Sarah Waller. She’s almost 30. I have a soft spot for Sarah because she was an overweight kid. She’s lost weight and she’s now an average weight. But being overweight in your adolescence is so hard. I imagine it’s hard in Gothard’s cult too. We know he had a preferred look for teen girls. They were always thin and blonde with long curly hair. And now Lydia is getting married. Since they lost Rebecca, Sarah will be the only girl left at home. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder what the family says to Sarah Waller. She’s almost 30. 

It’s not the same situation. With David Priscilla was already in the picture. 

• Confused 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

It’s not the same situation. With David Priscilla was already in the picture. 

Oh ok. I still feel bad for the fundie girls pushing 30 and still single. Hopefully she has a loner type of personality and doesn’t feel the constant push for marriage. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Jill probably needs the extra time to grift everything for weddingpalooza.

I was going to say, Jill needs all that extra time to grift and to be the bride mother of the bride. It is strange that they are having an 8 month engagement, most fundy engagements are 3 to 5 months, with some exceptions. 

I would guess the reason for the long engagement is the fact that the Rodz and the Keller's are dirt poor.  Perhaps David is working to save up money to pay for a wedding?  I'm also guessing this will also be a very small, by fundy standards, wedding. So many people will not want to go simply because of Jill, which is unfair to Nurie, but I do have to wonder if there isn't a very big part of her that realizes her mother is bat shit crazy and completely obnoxious to be around. If I were Nurie & David I would elope, just to avoid the shit show. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I was going to say, Jill needs all that extra time to grift and to be the bride mother of the bride. It is strange that they are having an 8 month engagement, most fundy engagements are 3 to 5 months, with some exceptions. 

I would guess the reason for the long engagement is the fact that the Rodz and the Keller's are dirt poor.  Perhaps David is working to save up money to pay for a wedding?  I'm also guessing this will also be a very small, by fundy standards, wedding. So many people will not want to go simply because of Jill, which is unfair to Nurie, but I do have to wonder if there isn't a very big part of her that realizes her mother is bat shit crazy and completely obnoxious to be around. If I were Nurie & David I would elope, just to avoid the shit show. 

Luckily fundies can throw a wedding very cheaply. 

No DJ 

No alcohol or bartender 

No dinner

That right there saves thousands of dollars. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

More then likely nurie and Nathan will marry in the same church Josh and anna did borrowing the same decorations from said church.  

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

He lost me at the part when he started talking about how strange it was to date Priscilla after only having dated his mother and sisters before. Fun read!

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 5

I have friends who are getting married soon. The total for their wedding - including all the garments - will come to less than $1000. I agree this gives Jillypoo extra grifting time. 

Although if Nurie’s sewing all the dresses I can see her wanting the extra time. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

He lost me at the part when he started talking about how strange it was to date Priscilla after only having dated his mother and sisters before. Fun read!

You made it longer than I did. 

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

These two are pretty tough to follow their naming patterns. They seem to want traditional American Biblical male names for their sons.....and odd or seemingly unique names for their daughters.   And we don't know the P/D pattern although I do think they will keep it gender oriented now, even if that wasn't their intent.

So boys leaves us with few choices on the male Biblical route: Peter, Patrick, then Phineas, Peleg, Peniel/Phaniel (meaning face of God), maybe Purim? Potifar? ?

If they needed a P name for a girl and wanted biblical--Phoebe/Phebe

They world is an open book for the D names for girls since Davia and Destiny have been their first two choices. I agree with the earlier poster that Dorcas is maybe not the best choice but since the kids won't attend  public or even private school, that name might not be as big a stumbling block. And the Biblical Dorcas is a good story as far as a woman's role goes. And it falls in the realm of unique. And Rebecca will probably be the next female baby Waller middle name (no matter if it's David and Cil or one of the other Waller siblings)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

More then likely nurie and Nathan will marry in the same church Josh and anna did borrowing the same decorations from said church.  

And wearing Anna’s dress - something borrowed.....something blue....

49 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

These two are pretty tough to follow their naming patterns. They seem to want traditional American Biblical male names for their sons.....and odd or seemingly unique names for their daughters.   And we don't know the P/D pattern although I do think they will keep it gender oriented now, even if that wasn't their intent.

So boys leaves us with few choices on the male Biblical route: Peter, Patrick, then Phineas, Peleg, Peniel/Phaniel (meaning face of God), maybe Purim? Potifar? ?

If they needed a P name for a girl and wanted biblical--Phoebe/Phebe

They world is an open book for the D names for girls since Davia and Destiny have been their first two choices. I agree with the earlier poster that Dorcas is maybe not the best choice but since the kids won't attend  public or even private school, that name might not be as big a stumbling block. And the Biblical Dorcas is a good story as far as a woman's role goes. And it falls in the realm of unique. And Rebecca will probably be the next female baby Waller middle name (no matter if it's David and Cil or one of the other Waller siblings)

I love Phoebe.....I hope they go with that...

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I’m betting on her wedding dress being an absolute shit show. I mean, fundies don’t typically have good taste in wedding gowns, but this is The Rods we’re  talking about. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, scarlettphoenix said:

I’m betting on her wedding dress being an absolute shit show. I mean, fundies don’t typically have good taste in wedding gowns, but this is The Rods we’re  talking about. 

I’m picturing something like this. A dress that is just.way.too.much.

8E93171A-3C07-4F3E-82F3-D20E4F891A67.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic