IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

On 6/26/2019 at 8:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve been expecting Kendalyn to announce a new pregnancy for awhile now. Her youngest is almost 2.5.

Me too. How old is she? 34 or 35?  I figure she has at least two more babies in her future. Possibly not more than that.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Me too. How old is she? 34 or 35?  I figure she has at least two more babies in her future. Possibly not more than that.

She's 35, turning 36 in October.

• Thank You 4

I'm SEVERELY hoping that we see videos put out by the Pecans of Nathan with Nurie.  We haven't seen one in a while but those videos that Pris used to do with Anna or Michelle would be great with Nurie.  Pris can be passing on her advice.  This is crazy.  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, JMO said:

I'm SEVERELY hoping that we see videos put out by the Pecans of Nathan with Nurie.  We haven't seen one in a while but those videos that Pris used to do with Anna or Michelle would be great with Nurie.  Pris can be passing on her advice.  This is crazy.  

I'm hoping Nathan and Nurie move close to the Pecans. As much as I can't stand David, his and Pris' kids seem well-fed and cared for, unlike the Rodriguii. Maybe Nurie would actually get to have that chicken leg she had to give up seven or eight siblings ago. Also, Pris can give Nurie some makeup tips, since she usually looks fairly natural, instead of the SEVERELY made up Jill.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm hoping Nathan and Nurie move close to the Pecans. As much as I can't stand David, his and Pris' kids seem well-fed and cared for, unlike the Rodriguii. Maybe Nurie would actually get to have that chicken leg she had to give up seven or eight siblings ago. Also, Pris can give Nurie some makeup tips, since she usually looks fairly natural, instead of the SEVERELY made up Jill.

The Pecans had a ROUGH transition into married life, but now I think they're one of the better fundie couples.  Absolutely horrid beliefs, David is a bit too "cheerful" as JRod put it for my taste, but I do like that they have hobbies they do as a family like running and working on their house.  And I like that those hobbies aren't super gendered.  Some fundies steer women away from athletics or home improvement stuff because it is too manly, but Pris is an active participant and David must be actively supportive since there's no way she could train with all those littles unless he was willing to step up and watch them while she goes out.  And I like that they chose to continue a hobby that she had before marriage (I don't recall him mentioning running much before Pris, but she was a real avid runner before marriage) and one that gives her some "me time".  

And I think Nurie's going to have a rough transition to married life too.  All the Rods will because that household is just so dysfunctional and has stunted them in so many ways that getting out will present them with a sudden and massive learning curve.  So it wouldn't be bad for her to be near Pris, who can help guide her through that transition.  And I think Pris really naturally enjoys being a SAHM and wife, whereas Jill clearly doesn't, and I think that's something Nurie will need to see so she understands how raising children can be fulfilling and not something you run from or do your darndest to manipulate into a different sort of life.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Pris would honestly be great for Nurie!

Edited by Beermeet
And, Nurie would be great for Pris. I think. Not sure but, I think so. Both fundie fragile.
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11

Priss obviously has a good relationship with her brother and they all have fun times together with the kids whenever the brothers visit.

I can see her taking Nurie under her wing, but David will  be avoiding the JRod family inlaws as much as possible. He has ambitions and associates himself with the more "upmarket" influential fundies.   Jill and family are away at the bottom of the scale- it would not look good to have such connections.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, gustava said:

OK.....I missed it.  Who is Nathan?  Is the match with Nurie confirmed?

Nathen Keller, younger brother to both Pris and ANNA DUGGAR. And yes, they made a courtship announcement on the 1st. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I have to admit that I've been waiting for one of the Keller boys to get into a courtship.  They are an interesting family.  On the one hand I would have never guessed that Nathan would end up with a Rodriguii but on the other Pa Keller has a very low bar for his in-laws.  Thanks to Jill we will get to see this all played out.  I know next to nothing about Nathan other than who his sisters are and his brother in laws. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 6/27/2019 at 9:40 PM, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

::admission time:: I love big, adorable baby bows. I just think they’re cute. I tend to buy quite a lot of them when friends/family announce they’re having a girl 

I’ll see myself to the prayer closet now...

I believe that this fashion trend is on the rise , due in large part to JoJo Siwa .  https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jojo-bows-controversial-185744675.html

• Upvote 1

A family photo for Priscilla's birthday. The kids always look happy, and as for Destiny, she's so like Davia, that they're peas in a pod.

20190704_213913.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

A family photo for Priscilla's birthday. The kids always look happy, and as for Destiny, she's so like Davia, that they're peas in a pod.

20190704_213913.jpg

I think Paul is the only one who looks like David. The younger three all look like Pris. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Destiny looks to be a happy little bug.  And yes, three out of four look so much alike.

• Upvote 5

For a while they were both wearing clear teeth straightening devices. Looks as if David has stopped wearing his. The only reason I'm noticing this is that I'm considering getting them too. I know you have to keep on using them or else your teeth can slip back.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2019 at 8:32 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

For the love of Rufus, no!  Love you, but why is this so many people's first instinct.  Pecan and Pris are pure IBLP poison, even if their kids are cute, apparently well nourished, and nicely dressed.

Look behind the curtain.  Don't wish the snakepit of Big Sandy and Pecan and Pris's koolaid on poor submissive Nurie.  She's been through enough with JRod.

Nathan and Nurie should stay in Florida where he apparently has a lawn care business.  He should quit working in Daddy Keller's IBLP Prison Ministry though.

And Nathan and Nurie should have frequent meetings with the rebel Kellers.  To whit:  Daniel, Rebekah, and Susanna.  Two divorced people and a single mom, but all of whom have healthy looking, nicely dressed, and apparently well cared for children.  Some of whom go to real schools, wear regular clothes, and all look to be doing A-OK.

The rebel Kellers who try to keep their private lives private.  Because they are probably much better people than the Pecans and Rods even if their lives have not been "perfect Fundie Christian."

• Upvote 24
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

The rebel Kellers who try to keep their private lives private.

It'll be interesting to see how private any of the Keller-related lives stay, now that Nurie is likely to become one of the clan.  I suspect Jill will be pestering her for gossip regularly and will be pissed if anything interesting happens "behind her back".

• Upvote 3

@Palimpsest

I think the gut feeling is "get the fuck away from Jill."

That takes weird turns. Like, send the girls off to the Pearls. Where they seemed happier and more tended to than ever before.

The Kellers really need their own thread. I find it fascinating that half of them are in deranged marital alliances and the other half seem to  have completely rebelled. I wonder what's in the genealogy of this clan. Perhaps some cool rebel auntie or something.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@Palimpsest

I think the gut feeling is "get the fuck away from Jill."

That takes weird turns. Like, send the girls off to the Pearls. Where they seemed happier and more tended to than ever before.

The Kellers really need their own thread. I find it fascinating that half of them are in deranged marital alliances and the other half seem to  have completely rebelled. I wonder what's in the genealogy of this clan. Perhaps some cool rebel auntie or something.

I don’t have stats or anything but I think it’s pretty normal for fundie families to have rebels (for example: people who divorce). Think of all the divorces in fundieland over the last few years. Kelly and Bradrick, Katie and Alan Smith, Joseph Darnell and his first wife to name a few. Then there are the rebels who distance themselves from their family. Cynthia Jeub, Alecia Faith Pennington, Karen Shupe are some that have kept some distance from their families. I think it’s more uncommon to have a family like the Arndts. Where they publicly act the part as the perfect fundie family well into adulthood. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I hadn't been reading Waller threads for about three years, but I am all caught up now.

I figured someone had gotten to this joke before me, but no. When they moved to Texas, the name of the town should have been changed to:

Spoiler

1855214744_bigpecansandy.jpg.99609da0efb715103631b80c4dd03c49.jpg

There is actually a Big Sandy Pecan festival:
https://bigsandypecanfestival.com/

I can't imagine why David and Priscilla don't go -- there might be free pecans!

I watched some of the videos with captioning on. Fun fact -- when Priscilla speaks, it often just says (music). Here are some screen shots of Youtube's errors in understanding the Pecan twins:

Spoiler

Valentine's Day 2016:1157612738_valentinesday2016flushyouout.thumb.PNG.9cb8c2c993bca47ec04d3ac96a712f1c.PNG

Spoiler

Sixth anniversary in Mexico -- I thought they were supposed to hand out tracts!

721138091_6thanniversarymexicobatsfortracts.thumb.PNG.dbbbc2f87bb762dcf3417ed8c87ea5b3.PNG

Spoiler

More from Mexico - I hope, whoever Lorna is, that she is not too young to drink beer:

699567820_6thanniversarymexicobeers.thumb.PNG.f423ab8e12e8d181fd35d7da1a3c7b8e.PNG

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Like, send the girls off to the Pearls. Where they seemed happier and more tended to than ever before.

You know you have fucked things up massively when your kids are happier with Michael and Debi Pearl than at home... something to think about, Jill.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

You know you have fucked things up massively when your kids are happier with Michael and Debi Pearl than at home... something to think about, Jill.

I'm always leery of reading much too much into still photos.  I do think Papa Smurf Pearl insisted the girls take off "at least 30 pounds of that gunk" on their faces and stop the harlot-inspired hair torturing which then of course showed off their glowing, youthful prettiness.  I don't doubt the girls enjoyed the break from the home routine and the fresh air, but I don't think we can say for sure they were happy.  

And speaking of photos, I see a lot of posters praising David Waller for having such a good marriage and nice family life.  I have serious doubts.   The Thief of Pecan is all about image and appearances.   We know he was critical of Pris in the early days, and she seemed tortured over her failures.  Yes, I'm sure she's "doing better" after spending years under his tutelage, but I can't see him not being intensely critical of anything that isn't completely perfect in his eyes.  The kids are well-fed, Pris appears to be a good mother, but we don't know what actually is going on behind closed doors.  And he makes me very, very uncomfortable.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

I think of the Rodlets' visit to the Pearls' prison this way - Jill and David had already done all of the whipping, gaslighting and indoctrinating that the Pearls recommend, years ago. There was no need for Mike and ofMIke to be anything other than cheerful and welcoming. So it's quite possible the visit was pleasant for the Rodlets, by their standards. 

Had they sent babies or toddlers to stay with the Pearls, the kids might have gotten more of the full treatment, being alternately love-bombed, tricked into mistakes, and whipped. Whipping other people's children is something the Pearls freely admit to doing.

In any case, those kids are forbidden to show anything other than a cheerful countenance, and trying to make themselves have the feelings to back it up. Who knows what their smiles meant, other than that there was a camera pointed at them.

Back to Wallers - I wouldn't trust David as far as I can throw him. I think he's developed a slicker, calmer, kinder-looking facade, but he still strikes me as slimy, arrogant, controlling and phony.

I do think Priscilla truly loves and enjoys her children, although it gags me how much she talks about the "arrows for the Lord" shit. From videos, it seems that gently redirecting the kids is habitual, and I hope I'm right about that.  The fact that not-happy faces and other signs of being human seem to be OK with them is also a good sign.

But who knows what happens when cameras aren't on.  Since they have all of the other earmarks of Fundie family philosophy, I wouldn't be shocked to find out that the Wallers whip for whatever they want, and it happens that not touching things and keeping a joyful countenance just aren't on their list. ?

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic