• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

JRod 92: Tight Dresses to Accentuate Your "Modesty"

Georgiana

There seem to be two types of approved dresses in the Jill Rodrigues house: ones that are so completely comprised of ruffles and poly-stain that you can hardly see the child it is on OR form fitting dresses worn awkwardly over t-shirts and leggings so that Jill can pretend to be more modest than everyone else while still disgracefully advertising her daughters for marriage based on their physical assets.

Also, Jill has a very nice garden.  Where did the money for this garden come from?  Who knows.  Who the heck knows.  Hope Satan doesn't get into the green beans again!

Continued From:

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Deleorean88mph
35 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Also, Jill has a very nice garden.  Where did the money for this garden come from?  Who knows.  Who the heck knows.

Why Plexus of course! 😁

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

wallysmommy
Posted (edited)

Friday ramblings and rumblings because I just did my taxes and I owe a heap a lot of money to the IRS.

Dress and accessories -- Why does Jill insist on sticking big clown items on Janessa -- it's amazing the child can hold her head upright when she has a big old bow on her like a Christmas present.  Do the bows get recycled from girl to girl?  I have concluded that because Jill is so selfish, she buys her own makeup, but makes the girls share one batch of makeup.  

Rodrigues Family High School -- How does Jill determine they are seniors?  Strictly by age?  She doesn't seem to have an organized curriculum, and I'm sure she's not testing them on any subjects outside of KJV scriptures and measuring how much they can grift in an offering or a "go fund me" account.  Language Arts -- nothing except KJV; Science = evil; Math = for men only; social studies = not learning about sluttish heathens in other parts of the world; Continuous home ec or whatever they call it now because that will help them be godly SAHMs.  PE = swimming with clothes on.  Music electives only.  Economics = MLM marketing; particularly Plexus.

Jill's hypocrisy -- If Jill is submissive to David, why does she continue to use her maiden name?  Shouldn't she have put that aside as she is now a Rodrigues and no longer a Noyes.  Why is she clinging to her father's last name?

More rant -- why did she have her baby in the hospital and risk having a female nurse take care of her.  Shouldn't she be home birthing, the way they did in the Bible?

Thank you for indulging me on my rant.

Edited by wallysmommy
Must mention Plexus

thoughtful
50 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

poly-stain

Definitely in the "it's a typo but it's true so keep it" category.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Georgiana
Just now, thoughtful said:

Definitely in the "it's a typo but it's true so keep it" category.

Thank you for calling it out!  I didn't even notice, but I think it's actually more correct.

onekidanddone

Everybody needs to save up now because you know Jill is going to need a few more stand mixers as a pamper mommy of the bride gifts.

Waffle Time
Beermeet

Where did Tim go? Nary a mention.  Maybe David was like " leave the boy be"?

Wine time!
Spanger

$5 says that at her daughters' weddings, Jill will ALWAYS have a new mother-of-the-bride dress every time, but any non-wedding-party-member Rod kids will be seen re-wearing outfits and/or handed-down outfits from older siblings at the weddings.

Bonus points if they end up re-using bridesmaid dresses from one wedding to the next while Jill is seen in a new Mother-of-the-Bride dress at each wedding.

Which, actually, I wouldn't truly snark on them for re-using bridesmaid dresses if they wanted to, because that's a much more budget/earth friendly thing to do, and often times bridesmaid dresses are not the most re-wearable things anyway.  I'd just hope that if bridesmaid dresses are re-worn, the bride actually likes them and isn't just forced to have her bridesmaids in dresses she doesn't like.

(However.  MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SIDE-EYE if they ever end up re-wearing the bridesmaid dresses from Jill's vow-renewal, mostly because Fucking Jill always gets her day in the sun and I doubt she could care less if anyone else does.)

pook

I am not able to stomach Jill's pro-birth grade-school logic verbal diarrhea, but Janessa, sure is a cutie.  Happy birthday sweetheart and I am sorry you were born to such douche canoe parents.  I hope you are meeting all your milestones like crawling or bum scooching, pulling yourself up, and cruising, transferring toys from hand to hand and reaching for things out of reach but maybe still on the blanket.  Your precious Mama sure does love to take a lot of pics of you lying down in itchy wedding attire.  Hoping you are also enjoying some age appropriate solid food, although maybe not chicken due to rationing.

HarryPotterFan

I hope Janessa’s first word is a baby variation of her sister mom’s name (‘Ay-wee or something) or dada, just because Jill would be mad it isn't mama.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 4

thoughtful
4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Thank you for calling it out!  I didn't even notice, but I think it's actually more correct.

You're welcome! And I'm relieved -- I always worry when I take note of someone else's typo, for fear they'll think I'm just being mean. But, since Jill dresses her children in old crappy clothes, this one seemed more like your subconscious mind speaking than an error, so I couldn't resist.

No doubt, if Jill noticed a stain on the satin, she'd blame Satan!

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie

I just looked at the photos of Janessa at 11 months old. 

What a stupid outfit Jill dressed her in.  Not only does she have a long-sleeved top under that fancy dress, but also a pink shirt of some kind under the black top.  Plus tights.  Why??????

My kids were adopted, so I didn't know them as little babies, but do Janessa's fingers look kind of stubby, short and fat, or is that typical?   I am worrying that they might have something to do with her brain issues, but I have no experience with typical babies. 

Granwych
1 hour ago, Spanger said:

$5 says that at her daughters' weddings, Jill will ALWAYS have a new mother-of-the-bride dress every time, but any non-wedding-party-member Rod kids will be seen re-wearing outfits and/or handed-down outfits from older siblings at the weddings.

Bonus points if they end up re-using bridesmaid dresses from one wedding to the next while Jill is seen in a new Mother-of-the-Bride dress at each wedding.

Which, actually, I wouldn't truly snark on them for re-using bridesmaid dresses if they wanted to, because that's a much more budget/earth friendly thing to do, and often times bridesmaid dresses are not the most re-wearable things anyway.  I'd just hope that if bridesmaid dresses are re-worn, the bride actually likes them and isn't just forced to have her bridesmaids in dresses she doesn't like.

(However.  MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SIDE-EYE if they ever end up re-wearing the bridesmaid dresses from Jill's vow-renewal, mostly because Fucking Jill always gets her day in the sun and I doubt she could care less if anyone else does.)

now really, I will be flabbergasted if the bride actually likes the groom, among other wedding stuff.  The only opinion that will matter will be Jill's.

Pibblesmiles

The best thing I can say at this point is Janessa is 11 months old and we haven't had any announcements about the newest blessing.

Knock on wood.

• Upvote 26
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 3

harkasquirrel

From your lips to Rufus’s ears!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 15
  • Love 1

Spent
ViolaSebastian
51 minutes ago, Pibblesmiles said:

The best thing I can say at this point is Janessa is 11 months old and we haven't had any announcements about the newest blessing.

Knock on wood.

I believe nursing baby SOFEEEEA was two and a half when Jill got pregnant again. Can we hope for an even longer gap this time around?

Tired
Coconut Flan

May she never conceive again.  It's possible.

• Upvote 21
  • Rufus Bless 12
  • I Agree 21
  • Love 2

SuperNova

I don't think Jill should have more kids. How can she be sure that she didn't accidently eat a green bean demon that somehow worked it's way down to her eggs and contaminate them? She could be carrying the spawn of satan. There's really no way to be sure so it's best not to have more babies.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 26
  • Love 4

Meh
Dandruff
3 hours ago, Pibblesmiles said:

Knock on wood.

I imagine she's trying to do just that.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 8
  • Haha 27
  • Love 2

Dizzy
Dana723

When my daughter was little, she only liked dresses and they couldn't have buttons or zippers.  She wore Land's End dresses forever!  And like someone said, they are modest.  She wore both long and short sleeve, in a variety of colors and patterns.  In the winter, she could be convinced to wear leggings or tights.  The layering that JRod and the Rodlets wear just isn't flattering to begin with, and poor Kaylee in her senior pictures looks so uncofortable!

momofsquid

In idly pondering the thread title, I too find myself perplexed by the mixed messages in the Rod females' clothing. To wit: "I'm going to cover every inch of my body in multiple layers because I'm a godly Christian woman and I don't want to defraud any of those poor weak Christian men. But those layers will be skin-tight and will include padded bras, and I will angle my body to emphasize my curves, because I want those undefrauded men to still be aware of the delicious goodies I'm not letting them see." So in the end, since the fit is such that we can see basically everything except skin tone (some of it augmented for extra non-defrauding titillation, because how else can we attract all those horny-yet-godly farmers and preachers?), are we to assume that the real temptation lies in skin coloration? Moles? The occasional body hair? Sorry for once again rambling about the obvious but I really find their "modesty" standards inexplicable.

• Upvote 41
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Lurky

18 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Where did Tim go? Nary a mention.  Maybe David was like " leave the boy be"?

Did Jill mention Timothy's birthday this month?  I'm glad she's respecting his privacy as much as she is, and isn't showing off about his grades etc.  I wonder if, after she told everyone on facebook how (according to her) Timothy thinks his classmates aren't proper Christians, and are all ungodly, someone had words with her about it.  I would love it if Timothy has someone in his life, like a pastor or a teacher that Jill would have to nominally respect, as they're a man, to help him advocate for him - or like you say, if David was looking out for him.

QuiverFullofBooks

The Lord has laid it on Jill’s heart to encourage the ladies. Today’s topic is “choosing joy.” We can choose other moods, but choosing joy will transform your life. You don’t look at things in a distorted way. You don’t think “why me?” God has a plan. A positive outlook can transform your life. “The joy of the Lord is your strength.” If we feel depleted, perhaps it’s because we’ve turned away from the peace and love of God.

Jill and David used to watch Candid Camera. One time their prank was not giving customers their change. She explains this episode at great length. One guy had a really positive attitude about it, and said “I do not let people rent space in my head.” Jill seems very impressed by this, though she clearly has people in her head all the time. Jill talks briefly about having a teething child; it’s not really clear why, but it’s probably an example of something that isn’t joyful. “Godliness with contentment is great joy.” More Scripture. God uses our sorrows to make us into a better character. Choose joy. God bless you.

They finally updated the information at the end of the show to give the website instead of their phone number as their contact information. They also didn’t say explicitly that they’re in full-time ministry.

Meh
Dandruff
1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Did Jill mention Timothy's birthday this month?  I'm glad she's respecting his privacy as much as she is, and isn't showing off about his grades etc.  I wonder if, after she told everyone on facebook how (according to her) Timothy thinks his classmates aren't proper Christians, and are all ungodly, someone had words with her about it.  I would love it if Timothy has someone in his life, like a pastor or a teacher that Jill would have to nominally respect, as they're a man, to help him advocate for him - or like you say, if David was looking out for him.

I wonder if someone had words with Tim about Jill's comments.  If he had trouble making friends before I expect it got a lot harder after.  I'm hoping there was pushback on Jill (from some direction) about her "sharing", and its potential effects on her child, and she's now giving him a little space.

PopRox
1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I'm hoping there was pushback on Jill (from some direction) about her "sharing", and its potential effects on her child, and she's now giving him a little space.

Except that would require Jill to have a basic amount of introspection and consideration of others...

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 14