IGNORED

"Ghost" Caught on Nanny Cam

Screamapillar

It reminds me of a case I saw on Unsolved Mysteries or a similar show, several years ago in England there was a couple who bought a house and then several months later they claimed it was haunted.  They said that all the neighbors had told them about a person who had died in that house, maybe the century prior.  They claimed that a lot of things were happening and were saying that the sellers knew, but sold it anyway without disclosing it.  I think they were trying to get their purchase contract overturned and possibly wanted $ from the sellers.  The sellers disputed it and eventually it wound up in court.  The neighbors all denied ever saying anything and it turned out that the person who supposedly died there was probably not even a real person.  The buyers had videotapes that they claimed showed things flying of shelves, etc., but the judge in the case said that it was very obviously faked and that the case was being dismissed, and that the buyers were not going to get out of the purchase or get any $ from the sellers.  Amazingly, as soon as the judge said that and ruled against the buyers the haunting ceased.  Immediately and forever.

I'm trying to figure out how the guy committed suicide by jumping out a one story window. That part doesn't make any sense! 

I have had weird things happen in the past, possibly paranormal, but I'm also a skeptic. That image was pretty convincing if it was real, which of course we have no way of knowing.

Depending on the type of nanny cam or video monitor objects beyond 12 or so feet can seem extremely blurry.

When my daughter was about 14 months old I heard a big bumping noise coming from her room in the middle of the night. I looked at the video monitor, which had her crib in the foreground, and the crib was empty. I momentarily freaked out. Up until that night she had never gotten out of her crib by herself. Then I noticed a shady object in the far end of her room moving around. It was my daughter, pulling books off her bookcase. The resolution on the camera wasn't good enough to show that she was a real, defined person at that distance. She just looked like a shadow. 

So I lean towards the idea that these people truly do believe that their house is haunted and looked back over their nanny cam footage for clues. But what they think is a ghost was probably just one of them getting out of bed and walking around. Most nanny cams need a pretty good movement to trigger motion capture videos. I know mine isn't triggered by normal baby/toddler wiggling and rolling in a crib. It takes someone getting up or walking across the room. I'm not sure if a ghost would set it off.

Archived