IGNORED

Man kills wife after wife kills children

LynnKaboom

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/0 ... 96195.html

Well, the wife killed one child- the daughter survived, although her father thought she was dead when he came home.

I honestly don't know what to think about this- obviously, killing your spouse is bad. But I'd imagine that a lot of people would go into a homicidal rage after they found their children murdered- it's the "mother bear/father wolf" phenomenon. And while they made sure to mention that the mother was hospitalized for paranoia, that's no excuse- I have paranoid personality disorder, and even in my most psychotic, irrational moments, I would never hurt a child. And the man himself tried to take his own life after the fact, but survived.

I really don't know what to think- he shouldn't have killed his wife, but I still can't bring myself to feel much sympathy for a child murderer.

I honestly hope he doesn't go to prison. I could see "losing your marbles" after coming home to discover your son dead, your looking daughter dead, and your wife trying to kill herself out of guilt for killing the kids. The daughter needs her dad, if he is otherwise normal. Very sad.

Sorry, he should go to prison. Murder is murder. He wasn't trying to defend himself or any other family member. He killed her to avenge his childrens' deaths. It was vigilante justice and that is wrong. I can certainly understand his rage, but what makes us civilized is that we don't act on that rage. He should have called the cops and restrained his wife until the cops arrived. His inability to control himself will now result in a child that will have no parents to raise her.

I'm also wondering why he didn't bother to check and see if either of the children were still alive. That would be the first thing I would do. Nope. He was more concerned with getting revenge than with helping the kids. I say throw the book at him.

Sorry, he should go to prison. Murder is murder. He wasn't trying to defend himself or any other family member. He killed her to avenge his childrens' deaths. It was vigilante justice and that is wrong. I can certainly understand his rage, but what makes us civilized is that we don't act on that rage. He should have called the cops and restrained his wife until the cops arrived. His inability to control himself will now result in a child that will have no parents to raise her.

I'm also wondering why he didn't bother to check and see if either of the children were still alive. That would be the first thing I would do. Nope. He was more concerned with getting revenge than with helping the kids. I say throw the book at him.

If he is sent to prison he won't get much time. It would be considered a crime of passion. He could also argue hat he was temporarily insane, which I think is possible if you find your children dead.

It will be voluntary manslaughter. No jury will find he had the "malice" needed for murder - totally a heat of the moment reaction. Awful...

I hope he does not go to prison. It is totally understandable to freak the fuck out in that situation. I cannot imagine the depth of sorrow and rage he was faced with when he walked into that house.

The way I see it, prison exists to a. keep bad people out of the population so they cannot victimize anyone else, and b. to punish people who have done something that warrants extreme punishment. Just from the rudimentary info I have available, this guy is neither. If my husband beat one of my children Pearl-style, I might be upset enough to be a physical threat to someone.

I hope I never understand how this man felt.

Considering she was about to kill herself anyway, all he had to do was let her continue. I find it unforgiveable that he never went over to check and see if one or both children may still be alive and in need of an ambulance. What kind of parent doesn't even do that? I think he does need to do time. He committed a crime. He needs to be punished for it. End of story.

I cannot believe his lawyer had him plead guilty. I think he should have let it go to trial, and put him on the stand and let him tell the truth. It seems that the investigators never put much thought into determining who killed the son, or they would have figured this out themselves.

I think the judge should put him on probation and require counselling. I can't stand here and say this man was wrong for killing his wife....if they can determine that he is telling the truth.

And, 'crime of passion' has nothing to do with it, that deals with control freaks that find their wife in bed with someone else. That doesn't require murder...... but killing your child and you find that out and the person is standing there over the body of said child? He wasn't in his right mind, so let him go.

I cannot believe his lawyer had him plead guilty. I think he should have let it go to trial, and put him on the stand and let him tell the truth. It seems that the investigators never put much thought into determining who killed the son, or they would have figured this out themselves.

I think the judge should put him on probation and require counselling. I can't stand here and say this man was wrong for killing his wife....if they can determine that he is telling the truth.

And, 'crime of passion' has nothing to do with it, that deals with control freaks that find their wife in bed with someone else. That doesn't require murder...... but killing your child and you find that out and the person is standing there over the body of said child? He wasn't in his right mind, so let him go.

While the term "crime of passion" is used mostly in those types of cases it does apply here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_passion

What a weird story. Apparently the mans daughter woke him up the next morning and only then did he call the police. I find that very odd.

I don't know anything about the case other than what's in the link. How can they be so sure it's the wife who attacked the kids? Is it possible that he could've done it? Then he killed her too? I'm just speculating here. The story as told is just so bizarre.

Pretty weird story. They were all trying to die... He's shown in jail orange so I'm guessing he's been in custody all this time. They have different last names and although that doesnt mean much these days I'm going to guess this isnt the first instance of violence in that family - which is why he's still in custody.

This man killed his wife in a rage after thinking she killed all of his kids. One woman versus the several children she killed or attempted to kill. He was prepared to take his own life out of despair for his lost children, but miraculous­ly his daughter survived and woke him from a botched (miraculou­sly failed) suicide attempt. Once he realized this he himself called 911 and owned up to what he did. Rule temporary insanity and let this father be with his child. Why let him suffer any more than he has to for something he merely responded to in a moment of despair?

Someone commented this on the article: I agree.

That's so sad. I think it's a mark of his temporary madness that he didn't just let his wife go through with the suicide though. I can't even imagine that feeling. I mean, I've seen my father when he felt like his children were being threatened. It's scary. Multiply that by an unthinkable amount and I can see how he would have beaten her to death in blind rage. Was it right? No. But I don't think he should do serious jail time either. I don't think he can be held completely accountable for his actions in that moment.

THIS. Plus, the whole story sounds fishy. Something's not right. :?:

THIS. Plus, the whole story sounds fishy. Something's not right. :?:

Agree. Wife strangles two kids, kills one. Husband arrives just as wife is about to hang herself. Seeing the kids, and assuming they are both dead, he beats wife to death with a flashlight. Then he runs around the house (presumbably never checking on his still breathing daughter), finds all the pills he can, takes them and presumably passes out. Daughter wakes him up in the morning.

Maybe the seven year old was able to confirm this story, but my BS meter is pinging big time. And he beat her to death with a flashlight? Sorry, but that is not a normal reaction. Restrain her, call 911, check the kids - normal. Bashing in her brains with a flashlight - not normal. Of course he should do some time, even if this is the truth.

Archived