IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Ken should be a bit worried about his wife engaging in conversation with men they don't know on the Internet.  Of course, they excuse it as part of her "teaching."  She encourages these men to fawn all over her -- isn't that a form of virtual adultery?  It's stoking her ego, and making her feel good about herself.  Is that too far-fetched?

Nope, not far-fetched at all IMO.  Lori's interactions with these men may not be overtly sexual, but she is clearly seeking their attention, to the detriment of the women she is allegedly 'teaching.'  She encourages them, and has nothing but praise for them as long as they agree with her.  It's what extreme purity culture would call emotional adultery, and I'm absolutely convinced that Lori is guilty. 

Of course I no longer subscribe to purity culture, and I don't care what anyone else does in that regard, but Lori cares.  A lot.  She has set herself up as an arbiter of sexual purity, so I think it's reasonable to judge her as she judges others.  

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori pitches a fit in today's post. Why can't everyone see that god clearly left godly older women in charge of telling other women how to live their lives? Somebody's jealous:

"See, if I do women’s ministry God’s way – rather than staying in nice hotels, traveling on a regular basis, receiving per diem, having a publishing industry push me to an adoring public, having a fan base and sold-out arenas – I will only have little fans who ask me for more than my autograph and a picture; they want me to read a story. They want me to answer their questions and tuck them into bed at night. They are my groupies."

And mad: 

"Women in ministry are giving lousy advice, by their lifestyles and their words, to the next generation. If you’re a young mother – better watch out."

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

They are my groupies.

Yes, Lori has groupies, and an alarming percentage of them are men.  Men, who she claims she doesn't minister to, who she does not teach, and who have no business abusing women on her watch.  

There's something I'd love to say to Lori, and Ken, since he supports her, a well-know saying that ends with 'and the horse you rode in on.'  Even if it's The Horse of Truth.  :pb_rollseyes:  

These are your fellow readers who stay, white supremacists and red pills. Are you proud of that Lori? They, like you, only spew hate into the world. They, like you, want to rule over other people and be superior to them. They, like you, want to feel powerfull by putting gruel rules over other people and force them to live by them and if they don't want to, punish them dearly for that. My country allready saw such a rule. Everyday, when I leave the highway to drive into the city I work, I have the watchtower of the concentration camp "Buchenwald" in front view. It was one of the first camps the nazis build and it was mostly for political opponents, they also used it to gas jews and other "undisearble" ethnies in later years. 2 instances became famous with that camp. First they hid and saved a little kid, who arrived hidden in a suitcase in the camp. And second, they freed the camp themselves when most guards fleed the incoming U.S. army. I know enough of that history, that I never, ever want to see something like that again. And I know enough of the history of women to never, ever go back to a time. Lori and that part of her follower want to go back to that time. Fine, their oppinion, feel free to think so, but don't spew that out into the world and expect other people to agree with you.

Sorry for the rant, but I had costumer today who feelt the need to discuss his 5 € copay with me by saying the refugees don't have to pay this and get everything they want and lot's of money, while they don't. And then seeing that here again, it spiked my bloodpressure again.

4 hours ago, cara said:

In Lori and Ken don't have time to get to know their fans, feel free to give them a hand. This little gem is Sev's husband's profile pic

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20190401-172905__01.thumb.jpg.1cf19e4179a91d85f62e09f6f6ea3430.jpg

Although I don't know how she can explain away this one, where Lori has time to like and RESPOND TO one of Sev's racist posts. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20190401-081014.thumb.jpg.80ff0af8e308cb34bf8c496944f1d03c.jpg

There ya go. No extra work on Lorkens part.imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

What. The. Fuck. That profile pic. What the actual FUCK? How has it not been reported to FB as hate speech? How is this asshole still even ON Facebook? 

10 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Julie Benson who comments quite frequently is friends with Severine under her other page- Sev Snyder. Julie Benson also attends (or at least promotes) the Church of Israel. 

And there’s also this gem who has posted as well: 

Hide contents

397B7F98-761C-425F-B85F-EF1064FAFA7B.thumb.png.97d462019e38a90b16e9411d8b5b1812.png

I think this may be the same one I started a tread about a few months back, asking if FJ was aware of her.  She is VILE, really horrible.  I also see that her instagram is now private, I wonder if maybe she got too many comments that didn't agree with her racist world view?  But if she is private, then less people will accidentally stumble across the filth she spouts.

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

I think this may be the same one I started a tread about a few months back, asking if FJ was aware of her.  She is VILE, really horrible.  I also see that her instagram is now private, I wonder if maybe she got too many comments that didn't agree with her racist world view?  But if she is private, then less people will accidentally stumble across the filth she spouts.

I missed that I think. I found her on FB sometime within the last thread or two- she commented on one of the posts and for some reason, I clicked her profile. I don’t think she even said anything not typical of Lori’s top fans. But when I clicked her profile, I realized her views and then stumbled across the church of Israel (she attends from what I gather). On her FB page (public), she talks about a play done by the Christian heritage school (associated with the church of Israel). One of the commenters expressed quite a bit of frustration about the lack of support, perceptions in the community, etc. because of their beliefs. You think?!? 

Lori’s page is crawling with them. They don’t flock to anyone with the same message- in my opinion they stick with Lori because they know she’s one of them. 

You know what Lori? I'm gonna absolutely fucking teach my children how they should expect to be treated and what to do when not. Why? Because any child I may have or adopt is a valuable human being that deserves to be treated like the beautiful, precious treasures they are. So seriously, fuck that nonsense. I mean we get it, YOU resort to manipulation and nagging. YOU take a whole fuck ton of miles when given an inch. Own how you act and leave the rest of us alone. 

LoriLand quote today:  'Does the Apostle Paul contradict himself concerning women speaking in the churches? “But every woman that prays or prophesies with her hear (her misspelling) uncovered dishonors her head” (1 Corinthians 11:5).'  She goes on with 'the Apostle isn’t commanding women to pray and prophesy openly in a church service by themselves and then in 1 Corinthians 14, he is commanding them to keep silent, it’s not permitted for them to speak, and it’s a shame for women to speak in the church. All of these are commands on how women are to behave in the churches.'  So why doesn't Lori cover her hair/head, at least in church? 

Alyssa is having a boy. I don't like sex reveal extravaganzas -we don't do them here, don't get them-, but she looked so happy, it is cute to watch. 

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

So why doesn't Lori cover her hair/head, at least in church? 

I doubt Lori even GOES to church, anymore. They preach about the rest of the bible, you know, and maybe sometimes a woman speaks. And the women are expected to sing and not sit silently. And then when Lori wants to run her mouth as much as possible and spread her hate, they ask her to stop.

How dare they ask Lori to be silent, in the church? She's just making sure all the other women know about how they're supposed to be silent in the church! 

I wouldn't be surprised if after years of sunday afternoons filled with Lori complaining about the church and gossiping about the people in it, Ken might have suggested they "home church". By means of private devotions. Which means Lori does the same thing she does all day every day, trying to find a biblical way to promote her misogyny, while Ken does his own thing.

For all Lori's posting about the Bible and God and religion, she doesn't say much about actually going to church other than to denigrate churches who don't follow her strict hypocritical teachings.

Congrats Alyssa!

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

LoriLand quote today:  'Does the Apostle Paul contradict himself concerning women speaking in the churches? “But every woman that prays or prophesies with her hear (her misspelling) uncovered dishonors her head” (1 Corinthians 11:5).'  She goes on with 'the Apostle isn’t commanding women to pray and prophesy openly in a church service by themselves and then in 1 Corinthians 14, he is commanding them to keep silent, it’s not permitted for them to speak, and it’s a shame for women to speak in the church. All of these are commands on how women are to behave in the churches.'  So why doesn't Lori cover her hair/head, at least in church? 

Recommendation for fans of feminist dystopian fiction: “Vox,” by Christina Dalcher. In it, a fundamentalist Christian theocracy takes over the US, and women and girls are forced to wear wristbands with “counters” that only allow them to utter 100 words a day. And that’s not the worst of it: they’re stripped of jobs, financial autonomy, and the right to read, write, or use sign language. (Naturally, most of the negative reviews call it a “Handmaid’s Tale” rip-off, which it isn’t.)

If I attended church with Lori, I would wear this just to annoy her.  I might even offer her a piece of it. 

duct-tape.jpg

One of the worst aspects of social media is the platform it has given to hate groups and harmful movements such as anti-vaxxing. I don't participate in any of it, I communicate with family and friends by other means. I just don't see the good in it, or how society has benefited from social media and all the resultant privacy breaches.

And if Lori Alexander uses the word "command" one more time, I will lose my shit. Such a bossy bitch.

4 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

Alyssa is having a boy. I don't like sex reveal extravaganzas -we don't do them here, don't get them-, but she looked so happy, it is cute to watch. 

I watched it. I'm not into these big reveal events either, but whatever floats their boat. I personally wanted to be surprised with all three of my children so we didn't even find out in advance.   But again, that's just personal choice.

If you look closely in the video you can see a quick Lori cameo.   Now don't get me wrong, i thought Alyssa looked lovely in her flowy dress but it certainly didn't fit Lori's standard of modesty IMHO....she had off the shoulder dress that showed quite a bit of skin.   I wonder what Lori thought of that?  Lori seems to condemn other women for these kind of infractions. 

One male commentor noted Lori's newest post on feminism as profound. I had a little laugh at that. I was picking apart her argument in seconds. It's simplistic not profound. I understand structure and authority. My supervisor, who has more experience and connections to a chain of command has a level of authority over my work life. Why would I need a man with potentially equal life experience, no connections, and who loves me to be in command of me? There's simply no reason for it because I'm a capable adult. Children are not and need guidance because their brains are not developed. Lori, the biological, developmental, and situational differences are factors that play into having authority. Some people have sexual preferences that make them want a sexual partner in command of them. That might be you but it is not me. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

One male commentor noted Lori's newest post on feminism as profound. I had a little laugh at that. I was picking apart her argument in seconds. It's simplistic not profound. I understand structure and authority. My supervisor, who has more experience and connections to a chain of command has a level of authority over my work life. Why would I need a man with potentially equal life experience, no connections, and who loves me to be in command of me? There's simply no reason for it because I'm a capable adult. Children are not and need guidance because their brains are not developed. Lori, the biological, developmental, and situational differences are factors that play into having authority. Some people have sexual preferences that make them want a sexual partner in command of them. That might be you but it is not me. 

I think because many of them can’t fathom a woman doing anything other than stereotypical secretarial work- the highly specialized young female who shows extreme deference and submission. They can’t fathom the fact that many women are self-directed and independent in the work arena- I for example, have a very loosely identified set of tasks- essentially, maintain funding for existing long-term grant programs and explore new funding opportunities. How I go about that is up to me and for a great deal of what I do, there are no obvious outputs, unless we agree to . Essentially, I get paid to think. Even before this job, I had a set of guidelines but how I carried out those duties was up to me. These men are the ones- who if they have any supervisory responsibility- are the ones that micromanage their employees and ignore the research that shows the importance of even small bits of autonomy in the workplace.

Goodness. Please excuse my grammar. Spring has arrived, along with pollen and whatever else is trying to take me down. 

5 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I think because many of them can’t fathom a woman doing anything other than stereotypical secretarial work- the highly specialized young female who shows extreme deference and submission. They can’t fathom the fact that many women are self-directed and independent in the work arena- I for example, have a very loosely identified set of tasks- essentially, maintain funding for existing long-term grant programs and explore new funding opportunities. How I go about that is up to me and for a great deal of what I do, there are no obvious outputs, unless we agree to . Essentially, I get paid to think. Even before this job, I had a set of guidelines but how I carried out those duties was up to me. These men are the ones- who if they have any supervisory responsibility- are the ones that micromanage their employees and ignore the research that shows the importance of even small bits of autonomy in the workplace.

Haha they need to meet our secretary. Without her, I think we'd all be dead. Honestly, I think good secretaries are the foundation of most offices and business because they keep the place running. They do it with less pay but more people being crabby with them. 

I value a team where there is flexibility and a more relaxed atmosphere. Teams that are too rigid or don't have a healthy working relationship are a no go for me. I appreciate good feedback but don't need someone looking over my shoulder every second. 

When watching the gender reveal I couldn't help but think the baby being a boy is better for the baby. I don't want to think of another girl being subjected to her teaching. The ones she already has access to is enough. The baby will probably have a better life for it. I do think Alyssa and her husband would have been equally excited regardless of the baby's gender.  It made me smile seeing their overall joy. 

9 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

If you look closely in the video you can see a quick Lori cameo.   Now don't get me wrong, i thought Alyssa looked lovely in her flowy dress but it certainly didn't fit Lori's standard of modesty IMHO....she had off the shoulder dress that showed quite a bit of skin.   I wonder what Lori thought of that?  Lori seems to condemn other women for these kind of infractions. 

LORI often doesn’t fit Lori’s modesty standards - she’s been photographed in low cut tops, sleeveless dresses, skirts above her knees, normal one piece swimwear and often in shorts and pants. 

When Ken was here I asked him how he reconciled their dancer daughter with their views on modesty for women, and he assured me she only danced in “Christian” companies with modest dress. Yet I’m sure most of their audience wouldn’t approve of young women dancing publicly in leotards.

I know hypocrisy is rife amongst all fundies, but I think the Alexanders may be the worst.

I’m sure Alyssa and her husband are thrilled to finally be having a baby and I’m happy for them, though I hope they never leave him alone with Grandma Lori.

But Lori talking about God opening Alyssa’s womb after 7 plus years...... that implies he could have opened it but chose to keep it shut for those years, years when they desperately wanted a baby and Alyssa’s siblings were easily having child after child. Why? Why would he choose to deny a child for those years and then give it now? The theological implications aren’t very nice.

16 hours ago, Alisamer said:

How dare they ask Lori to be silent, in the church? She's just making sure all the other women know about how they're supposed to be silent in the church! 

Hee hee. This is perfect!

12 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

One of the worst aspects of social media is the platform it has given to hate groups and harmful movements such as anti-vaxxing. I don't participate in any of it, I communicate with family and friends by other means. I just don't see the good in it, or how society has benefited from social media and all the resultant privacy breaches.

Social media also allows good groups to organize. The recent anti-Brexit march in London couldn’t have happened without it. And it enables isolated people to find others like them, like LGBTQ teens. It’s a tool that can be used for good or bad.

I don’t get the self-righteous “I communicate with family and friends by other means.” Okay? And many people keep in touch with family and friends on Facebook. Why is your way supposed to be better? (And by the way, whatever your way is—email, phone calls, letters—it’s probably also used by hate groups.)

It could be argued that these public discussions here on Free Jinger are a form of social media. And toxic groups like red pill-ers have discussion groups too. That doesn’t mean all discussion groups are bad.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, klein_roeschen said:

. Everyday, when I leave the highway to drive into the city I work, I have the watchtower of the concentration camp "Buchenwald" in front view.

I can't imagine seeing that every day.  Thank you for your eloquent post.

I visited Dachau 30 years ago.  It changed me forever.

Total speculation bus....but in Alyssa's newest IG story (Part 2 of baby gender reveal)....you see many family members.   Despite his tiresome behavior, Ken and Alyssa seem to have a genuine and very close relationship.  Lori's sister also makes an appearance and appears to be warm and genuine.    Lori is once again in the distance /far edge of the group.   again, total speculation, but could be 1 - she/family knows she has negative public perception so she intentionally tries not to be in the shot or 2 - her relationship with Alyssa is not that warm/close -- much like when they broke the news to Ken/Lori and Ken immediately hugs Alyssa, and Lori just stands their awkwardly for a period of time. 

I also wonder if Lori doesn't particularly like Alyssa's best friend Tenley...she of many bachelor shows, who is also divorced and remarried in the last year, hasn't taken her husband's name and is childless.   Don't get me wrong...I'm not throwing shade at Alyssa's friend....I'm just speculating that she falls into several of the categories Lori is always railing against.   

Oh to be walking on the beach at that time to witness that dynamic. 

Today the (Un)Godly mentor is going off on college for daughters again. She says 'Can we find any examples in Scripture that tells us of young women willingly leaving their homes to go off somewhere without a father’s or husband’s protection?'  Hasn't she ever heard of Ruth? I guess not, that would require reading more of the Bible then her few pet verses. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived