IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

If anyone is a Fawlty Towers fan, you'll totally understand this.  My response to Lori and Ken.

"You're not explaining anything. You're completely loopy. Mad as a March hare."

Mrs Richards.jpeg

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That video. Lori always sounds like a toddler when she talks and it drives me nuts. It's like listening to a small child with wrinkles and crispy hair tell a long drawn out story with no point. 

"Hi! (heehee) Someone on instagram asked if I would make a video about how we...we married off our children. (heeheehee)"

From her Lietube:

You know they- we didn't let em date in highschool

Right.  This isn't the first time Lori has claimed that her children weren't allowed to date in high school.  But, Lori lies.  A lot.

1613770499_date1.PNG.193793739897d61ca90cc8a9a8e42c0b.PNG

Except on her Always Learning blog she says:

date.thumb.PNG.115c7cda029e7b512c46b5792daba227.PNG

That awkward moment when you aren't smart enough to keep your story straight:

huh.PNG.0a60661c05d923aaa26268294388bfb9.PNG

It seems to me that if Lori had actually done what she recommends, only one of her four children would have met their spouses. 

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

If anyone is a Fawlty Towers fan, you'll totally understand this.  My response to Lori and Ken.

Mrs Richards.jpeg

That was a great episode, wasn't it?

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Mrs Richards.jpeg

Mrs Richards is hilarious! “Communication Problems” is easily the episode I’ve seen most. 

This is my favourite moment (spoiler because GIF). I love the kick you notice Sybil giving Basil :pb_lol:

Spoiler

6248E2A1-DF81-4951-A226-D68B757A38B5.gif.cf3f8e06beafa7dc224f5208e90b22e8.gif

Wow. Cassi's going to have three children under three? Somehow, she already seems stressed with the two she has. Isn't her husband still an orthodontic resident? I doubt they make much.

28 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Wow. Cassi's going to have three children under three? Somehow, she already seems stressed with the two she has. Isn't her husband still an orthodontic resident? I doubt they make much.

Lori's tone when she relayed that Cassi would supposedly be pregnant "soon" was pretty shitty, imho. Cassi and her husband's reproductive choices should be private and their own--I would be really upset if my mother started talking about me the way that Lori talks about her children's family planning (or lack thereof). 

Also, LMAO for days at this juxtaposition today...good for Alyssa! I couldn't do what she does now, let alone 20 weeks pregnant.

IMG_2624 (2)_LI.jpg

IMG_2632.PNG

4 hours ago, Koala said:

From her Lietube:

Right.  This isn't the first time Lori has claimed that her children weren't allowed to date in high school.  But, Lori lies.  A lot.

1613770499_date1.PNG.193793739897d61ca90cc8a9a8e42c0b.PNG

Except on her Always Learning blog she says:

date.thumb.PNG.115c7cda029e7b512c46b5792daba227.PNG

That awkward moment when you aren't smart enough to keep your story straight:

huh.PNG.0a60661c05d923aaa26268294388bfb9.PNG

Good grief she looks awful. Her skin!  She is just a year or two older than me, and I wouldn’t say my skin looks any differently than the average 59 year old, but she looks so much older than I do. Her skin looks like my 89 year old mom’s. And feed that woman some protein for her hair!

7 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

Hm... wonder if he hIas a "Billy Graham rule," and if so, how that affects his ability to consult.

I'm not sure what a Billy Graham rule is, is that where he won't be alone with any woman? Not even going to lunch with one or anything.  I have heard that from a couple of male pastors but I'm not sure if it's what you are referring to.

10 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I'm not sure what a Billy Graham rule is, is that where he won't be alone with any woman? Not even going to lunch with one or anything.  I have heard that from a couple of male pastors but I'm not sure if it's what you are referring to.

Yes. That's it. He also would not get on an elevator if a woman was in one alone.   Sounds extreme, but he never had any accusations or any dirt found on him.  

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Good grief she looks awful

I usually don't comment on people's looks -- but @HoneyBunny I have to agree completely.  In addition to looking absolutely BSC, her skin is that of a much older woman. Add in the really sunken cheeks, the many many vertical lines around her mouth, the wrinkled crepey neck and the thin dried frizzed lifeless (badly dyed) hair and if I didn't know she was 60, I'd put her at 70+.

I thought Lori was always preaching about keeping yourself young looking and lovely for your hubby. Ken looks several years younger than she does. 

The vertical mouth lines interest me because they are supposed to be the sign of a lifelong smoker, although I've know plenty of smoking women who don't have them.  The women I do know with them have spent their lives with lips pursed in disapproval. My MIL is one -- woman couldn't force a genuine smile if you held a gun to her head.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Lori's tone when she relayed that Cassi would supposedly be pregnant "soon" was pretty shitty, imho. Cassi and her husband's reproductive choices should be private and their own--I would be really upset if my mother started talking about me the way that Lori talks about her children's family planning (or lack thereof). 

Also, LMAO for days at this juxtaposition today...good for Alyssa! I couldn't do what she does now, let alone 20 weeks pregnant.

IMG_2624 (2)_LI.jpg

IMG_2632.PNG

Does she not realize how easy it would be for someone to see she is LYING?? Alyssa does her nutritional therapy but per IG stories, studies quite a bit and also travels to conferences and such. She is an ambassador for toesox and lululemon (and maybe others) and teaches at a ballet/barre studio. 

Erin- @champagne_and_glitter on IG does more than “make some jewelry from home”. She has a full Etsy shop, does wholesale orders, and I recall an IG story or post where she referenced hiring. She also attends jewelry shows etc. And, her kids are often with Lori or Alyssa. 

Cassi is home- birthing babe after babe (fine if she’s wanting to do that but she always looks rundown, sad, and kinda vacant in photos). 

Emily is also home but I highly suspect that once hers are in school she will do something. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they stopped at 2 kiddos. 

7 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The vertical mouth lines interest me because they are supposed to be the sign of a lifelong smoker, although I've know plenty of smoking women who don't have them.  The women I do know with them have spent their lives with lips pursed in disapproval. My MIL is one -- woman couldn't force a genuine smile if you held a gun to her head.

I had the same thought about the vertical mouth lines- I’ve most commonly seen them on those who were lifelong smokers. 

I call the pursed lip face “cat butt face”- CBF. I read it somewhere long ago and it is kind of a perfect visual representation. 

I'll be 60 in September.  I have my hair colored blonde with purple highlights, a new look for me since January.  I get constant compliments from young women who tell me they love the color.  I also have glitter all around my eyes right now (channeling JRod) courtesy of my BFF and I playing with the glitter makeup at Ulta today.  Her skin, complexion, and hair are reflective of the anger and meanness she carries around inside her (jmho).  She is not aging gracefully.  

9 hours ago, Briefly said:

If he was upset because he was getting unpleasant comments on his page because he was listed on TTW for her comments in the past, he'd better strap in and be prepared.  Because it will get so much worse for him.  He will deserve it, but it's going to be really bad.

I think Ken largely ignores Lori’s online life (except when she calls for the Horse of Truth), happy that she’s distracted and not bothering him. But he’s shown in the past that it bothers him when her writing reflects badly on him, especially professionally. And the woman doesn’t have a filter and is determined to be controversial to go viral again, so it’s inevitable that he’s going to get caught up in it again. I just wonder what submissive Lori would do if Ken demanded she shut down her online presence. I very much doubt she would happily comply and be waiting with her lube and 10 minutes of her time. But if the blowback on Ken starts to outweigh the peace he gets from Lori being distracted and happy I could see him trying to put his foot down.

I know this has been said about other videos of hers before, but her inconsistent way of talking, the constant pauses, mistakes and repetitions seem alarming. Holy Rufus, that’s not normal for a 60 year old native speaker, is it? 

Two things really made me laugh. Lori said Alyssa is pregnant “with her first grandbaby” which sounded like Alyssa’s the granny. 

Also, at around 1:12, Lori stated “that was God’s plan pretty much, to marry young”. Let me just say, I really feel for poor old God who’s still searching for a wife to marry. Why couldn’t he find a suitable lass? His creation seems to lack considerably ? 

Lastly (and that didn’t make me laugh), oh my, Lori and Ken are insufferable! Let your kids date without your insanely harsh judgement. The “being clear and honest about our opinions”-crap is euphemistic for giving her kids hell if they didn’t do as they were told and expected. 

Re the video (I haven’t finished it). Lori says she and Ken were very open with their opinions about the people her kids dated. I’m sure she was and I’m also sure her opinions weren’t charitable. She’s an inveterate gossip, a trait in women that the Bible specifically speaks against. 

56 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I'll be 60 in September.  I have my hair colored blonde with purple highlights, a new look for me since January.  I get constant compliments from young women who tell me they love the color.  I also have glitter all around my eyes right now (channeling JRod) courtesy of my BFF and I playing with the glitter makeup at Ulta today.  Her skin, complexion, and hair are reflective of the anger and meanness she carries around inside her (jmho).  She is not aging gracefully.  

@wallysmommy, that sounds gorgeous! I’m 66, and celebrated my retirement by having my hair dyed teal. I love it! I get compliments from young people, and share product recommendations with them. Older folks often give me funny looks, but I just tell them, “Retirement hair!”

5 minutes ago, Hane said:

@wallysmommy, that sounds gorgeous! I’m 66, and celebrated my retirement by having my hair dyed teal. I love it! I get compliments from young people, and share product recommendations with them. Older folks often give me funny looks, but I just tell them, “Retirement hair!”

Can I just say I love you? This sounds so spunky and fun, it made me smile... 

I'm 55 and chubby. Long time smoker with no lines around my mouth (I know, I know). I'm seriously considering getting my grey hair dyed hot pink...I think it'd look cool under the brown hair. Lori looks old for the same reason the mother did...years of hate and bitterness just exploded all over her face. I found a picture of the mother at my age, and well...she looks 20 years older and I look 20 years younger. 

Lori has, what some plastic surgeons refer to as, "asshole mouth".

I call it the blending of an ugly personality with truth.

Why on earth is she making all these videos in her BEDROOM?  Is that modest, Lori? I think not! :naughty:

My beloved grandmother, who died from stomach cancer at 72, had a very hard life. Her mother had a whole bunch of kids she really couldn't care for and so they were all shuttled off to the Catholic orphanage, where they were treated very poorly. My grandmother married my grandfather who came with a whole host of demons that he desperately tried to battle with alcohol. That made him mean and abusive. Together they had 7 children that lived. Five of those seven children would eventually die as adults from substance abuse and suicide - years before she did.

My grandmother worked most of her adult life because of so many mouths to feed and because my grandfather was really bad at holding down a job. She once had an opportunity to be hired on as a cook at the city airport and walked 10 miles in rubber boots to get there. Someone told the manager what she had done and he hired her on the spot and made arrangements for her to be picked up and dropped off every day. (She didn't get her license until she was in her late 50s because she was certain my grandfather would either sell the car or wreck it). She worked at that airport until she retired. 

She became quickly bored after retiring and began volunteering at the local old folks home. She performed all the functions of a CNA for no pay and did it cheerfully and lovingly. She also sang to the residents, got into a little mischief with them and held their hands as they died. 

In her spare time she wrote beautiful and sometimes heart wrenching poetry. She never traveled but always told me she lived adventures through my own. 

Despite her very tough and sometimes tragic life, she was such a beauty, with lovely, soft, barely wrinkled skin. She had long beautiful black hair, peppered with just a little gray (She never dyed it). Warm brown eyes. And her laugh would make your heart sing. Her genuine love for others and her non-judgmental attitude was reflected in how she looked. 

In the same vein, I believe Lori's ugly spirit and lack of love for others is literally written all over her face. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived