IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

If you click on his followed pages, it's all the top fundy weirdo ones like Lori's.  I found a comment from him on Biblical Gender Roles and it's not favorable toward the blog.  Another vote for troll...and Liam...keep trolling yo!

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Here is what an honest reading of the Bible would say about Hannah in the Bible:  We do not know what Hannah in the Bible never did. There are only a few sentences about her; we don't know if she used her time to lead women.  I like to imagine that there were a number of women following her example of godliness, but we just don't know.

What we do know is that she was one of two wives and was especially loved by her husband.  We know she was harassed by the more fertile wife because Hannah had no children.  (sound familiar?)  We know that Hannah worshiped God with emotional sincerity.  We know that when she gave birth, she dedicates her child to God.

We know that Hannah wrote a prayer that is included in the Bible.  Her words have the authority of being God breathed Scripture.  Unlike every single man and woman walking this earth today - so in this respect, Hannah has authority over all of us; and her words are good for teaching -regardless of gender.

Finally, We know that she had other children after Samuel.  But that is really it.  Everything else about her life is beyond the scope of the Scripture.  We don't know if she needed "me time" (she probably did - she was human, after all.  We don't know if she led women's groups - I imagine she did because of how much her husband esteemed and favored her.  She did need to learn to love herself, because she was neglecting her own needs in her grief.  We don't know if she wanted fame.  She isn't famous because she bore children, Lori.  She is famous because of her faith.  Her faith would have been valid even if she had never had a child.

Edited by AuntKrazy
somehow had an extra word
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 6

9 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

If you click on his followed pages, it's all the top fundy weirdo ones like Lori's.  I found a comment from him on Biblical Gender Roles and it's not favorable toward the blog.  Another vote for troll...and Liam...keep trolling yo!

I'm also hoping he sticks around to keep trolling Lori for awhile. She removed her like from his comments yesterday, but she didn't remove her like from his comment on Friday about no car insurance, no health insurance, and no dental visits for his "kids". It look like the comment on Friday from someone questioning him about not having car insurance was removed. People questioned him yesterday and those comments are still up. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I'm getting to that point. I once got a stress fracture in my foot from wearing flat, non-supportive shoes, and I have the beginnings of Plantar Fasciitis (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) which my mom had so bad she was in a boot for two years and had to have surgery.

I had Plantar Fascitis in both feet (can't spell either) and did custom orthotics for years. Ended up having surgery to get rid of bone spurs on my heels (good Rufus that shit is AWFUL) and wore nothing but $$$ running shoes for the next 2-3 years with the custom orthotics. That was about 20 years ago and I've learned my lesson. I occasionally wear the non-supportive "cute" sandals, but I wear the Birkenstock style sandals or running shoes (I don't run but they have the most support at the heel) 90% of the time if I'm going to be out and about doing a lot of walking. I also had splints to wear to bed to keep my feet at right angles to my legs to keep that tendon from shrinking overnight. I still do the stretching exercises a few times a week now. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Hannah also never proclaimed herself to be the voice of God, and she certainly didn't have multiple social media accounts where she was arguing and chastising people 24/7.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Huh.  When's the last time Lori talked about Hannah?  If someone else knows, feel free to fill me in, I could always have missed something.  :P   But AFAIK she hasn't mentioned Hannah in the fairly recent past.  Friday I posted here, asking if Lori would say Hannah made a mistake by not raising Samuel herself, but sending him to the temple instead, today is her first blog post after I raised the question, and she's talking about Hannah.  Funny coincidence?  Perhaps.  

Hey, Lori, we already know you read here.  :greetings-waveyellow:  If you read this, please, get some help.  I"m begging you, for your own good, and for the benefit of others.  I'm sure there are people around you who would be happy to refer you to whoever or whatever you need, even though by all accounts you've done your best to alienate everyone.  Whether you've got physical issues (brain tumor?), mental health concerns (dementia perhaps), or purely emotional, please, stop being a little shit and get some help, then perhaps you can do some genuine good for the women you claim to care so much about.  

• Upvote 19

I am sure Liam is a troll, but I have to wonder what is his mission? What is hoping to get with all these gushy comments? 

In other breaking news! Longtime hard core supporter Margaret Gordon has called it quits. She let Lori have it on the Men are Pigs post and Lori deleted her comments. Margaret called her out for deleting and expressed how she has been such a loyal fan and defended her like crazy, but nope not good enough that got deleted too. Lori is ruthless. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I had Plantar Fascitis in both feet (can't spell either) and did custom orthotics for years. Ended up having surgery to get rid of bone spurs on my heels (good Rufus that shit is AWFUL) and wore nothing but $$$ running shoes for the next 2-3 years with the custom orthotics. That was about 20 years ago and I've learned my lesson. I occasionally wear the non-supportive "cute" sandals, but I wear the Birkenstock style sandals or running shoes (I don't run but they have the most support at the heel) 90% of the time if I'm going to be out and about doing a lot of walking. I also had splints to wear to bed to keep my feet at right angles to my legs to keep that tendon from shrinking overnight. I still do the stretching exercises a few times a week now. 

So far I'm managing by using insoles  (Superfeet, or just drugstore ones, depending on the shoe), wearing running shoes as often as I can, and not going barefoot.  However I cleaned my sister's house for her a couple times after she had hip surgery, and she will not allow shoes in her house - and the next week the pain flared up again. I do stretch while brushing my teeth so that's become a habit. I know I have bone spurs on one heel, so I probably have them on both, but I'm trying really hard to keep it from getting to the point of needing medical attention. I know that is horrible and painful, and when your feet hurt everything is worse than it could be. I wear Fit Flops around the house, as they have some arch support and cushioning. But for major walking it's running shoes. And will hopefully be birkenstocks when they arrive!

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

So far I'm managing by using insoles  (Superfeet, or just drugstore ones, depending on the shoe), wearing running shoes as often as I can, and not going barefoot.  However I cleaned my sister's house for her a couple times after she had hip surgery, and she will not allow shoes in her house - and the next week the pain flared up again. I do stretch while brushing my teeth so that's become a habit. I know I have bone spurs on one heel, so I probably have them on both, but I'm trying really hard to keep it from getting to the point of needing medical attention. I know that is horrible and painful, and when your feet hurt everything is worse than it could be. I wear Fit Flops around the house, as they have some arch support and cushioning. But for major walking it's running shoes. And will hopefully be birkenstocks when they arrive!

My mom has house shoes. No, not the kind that Mama on Mama's Family wore:) but actual tennis shoes or sketchers she wears only in the house. She can't go barefoot for a long time but she doesn't want to track in all the junk from outside so she has house shoes.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

@Alisamer, my mom had surgery on both her feet at the same time to fix her Plantar fasciitis. (She was a teacher and she wanted to take care of both feet over summer break.) I'm pretty sure I started having early signs of it in my 30s. So, I stopped going barefoot around the house, and started using fake Crocs and cushiony flip flops as house shoes. (One for sock weather, the other for sandals weather.) Between that and stretching before I get out of bed most days, I've managed to make it 10 or more years without it getting worse. I hope you have even better results. :)

My experience of owning Birkenstock sandals is that they can last quite a long time, but it can give you more years of wear if you take care of them, and repair smaller problems. I don't know if you still need to seal the cork sides, but my first pair needed sealed every couple of months. It was also well worth my money to have the heels replaced, because apparently I drag my heels when I walk. Heel taps gave me at least 2 more years of wear before the straps died. I hope you enjoy yours. :)

• Upvote 9

Comments to Lori's repeat post regarding female doctors, nurses, and cops. Down the way Lori mentions that young women in her area are going to a male OB/GYN. Lori and her fan girls can choose to go to male OB/GYNs, or male GPs or other male doctors for out patients services/care. But, I hope they realize that if they end up in the hospital due to an emergency they might have to be treated by female ER physicians or female surgeons. They might not be able to have any say in it, if they are unconscious or not lucid.  Also, in emergency situations they could easily end up being treated and taken to the hospital by female paramedics and EMTs.  We know Lori has a history of brain tumors. Let's say some neuro issue  comes up suddenly and she is incapacitated and taken to the hospital. She has to have brain surgery, but the only on duty/on call neurosurgeon around is a woman. Ken makes the decision to have Lori operated on by a woman and I could see Lori waking up later on and still bitching about a woman saying her life.  Her idiot fangirls would probably do the same if they were in emergencies and had females in different roles who helped save their lives. 

16jgg9j.jpg

25jfw2e.jpg

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 8

I would have loved to be the fly on the wall of the  few female doctors Lori went to for her brain surgeries. Years back, she mentioned going to female ophthalmologist before or after a brain surgery(can't remember which)  to check on her vision. 

2lsb2mp.jpg

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

2lsb2mp.jpg

Mostly.  If Lori truly believes that women doctors are sinning that should read ONLY male doctors.  

24 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

25jfw2e.jpg

I'm not cruel enough to wish a catastrophic accident on these people, but if it ever should happen, then I hope their lives are in the hands of women doctors.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

I got screenshots of these comments in case Lori decides to take them down. She's such a fucking cunt to say that the souls of the woman's children are at risk. 

Karli-Ann Kindley Allred Not all nurses are created equal.....that being said as a nurse I feel almost certain that God has had a hand in the relationships I've had with patients. I was a nurse long before children and I just feel it was God's plan for my life. Yes these are feelings and yes I know what the word says about women raising children. Patient's need medical care but they need selfless compassion that comes from deep within. Not all men and not all women can provide this. The pure joy that comes from both patient and nurse when a connection is made and one truly cares for another is an indescribable feeling. I'm still along my walk with Jesus and what he wants for this chapter in my life now with children. I'm fortunate to share my children with grandparents while I'm away and to financially be able to support them for their loving care. Decisions in this life are not always easy even when God is at the center. But I do believe he had a hand in my nursing calling....right or wrong as I may be. Also, it's not all about what I want but what these patients desperately need.

Transformed Wife ?Another example of what I said the other day about "I feel/believe God led me to X". ?

It seems too common these days in relation to a self-centered or self-focused decision.

The Transformed Wife His calling on your life as a mother, Karli-Ann, is to be a keeper at home. Others can replace you as a nurse but no one can replace you as a mother in your children's lives.

Karli-Ann Kindley Allred Kenneth Shock yes I did express that these are feelings. However I know that I have truly been needed and have been gifted a compassion for people, a love for people at their most vulnerable state and have been able to share Jesus with them as well not only through my compassionate Care but as well as verbally speaking of and sharing faith. For that matter I'm able to share Jesus with coworkers as well. I know I am needed at home and yes there are many times I question my decision now and that may lead to change but I am grateful to be able to share Jesus not only with my babies at home but with a larger influence of people.

The Transformed Wife Karli-Ann Kindley Allredmothering children is a full-time job. It's a mother's ministry!

The Transformed Wife Karli-Ann Kindley Allred I know there aren't many willing to tell you these things but as an older women, I am commanded by God in His Word to teach younger women to be keepers at home. It's your children's eternal souls that are at risk.

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 8

Too funny - I asked Darla Honey (on one of my work pages because Lori blocked me ages ago on my personal one) if she didn't trust Lori because she worked for her oldest's  first two years and then praised her nanny for holding her child who cried for hours...weirdly - I'm once again deleted and blocked.  How odd....it's almost like Lori doesn't trust God and his perfect ways and would, in his great and powerful wisdom, understand exceptions?  I'm confused.  But that's understandable since I'm just a female.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
spelling
  • Upvote 18

The Godly Mentor is bragging about her big remodeled kitchen.  Nice job rubbing your wealth into the faces of your fangirls who worry about feeding their children because they follow your stupid advice.

• Upvote 17

According to the Godly mentor herself, not only has she gone to female doctors, but every single one has confided in Lori that they regret becoming doctors and not being home with their kids. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12

Shaun says, in today's silly scribble, 

There were no women doing these jobs for thousands of years and somehow we survived

Lemme correct that for ya, Shaun: There were no women getting PAID for doing these jobs for thousands of years. Somehow...they survived, but it wasn't easy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 18

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I have dealt with it for a few years, I have not seen a doctor about it but at some point in the future I might.  I have high arches and as long as I wear shoes with arch support, I'm mostly ok.  But mine is not nearly as severe as I've heard it can be, it really doesn't bother me very often at this point.  I have a couple of sandles made by the SAS Shoe Company, they have enough arch support. I have a few Dr. School's inserts I use with my dressier shoes and a pair of boots that don't really have arch support.  I have a pair of Crocs that I think are actually water shoes, that I use as house slippers.  If I wear arch supports at all times and don't go barefoot, I generally don't have pain.  My mother in law had shots and surgery for hers and she showed me the stretching exercises that she does.  But if it gets to the point where I am in pain or having issues, no matter what the shoes, then I will probably need to see a doctor.  And at that point, I will not care if it's a male or female doctor!

As far as not having insurance on your house or car - it's really not going to be much help if a tornado, hurricane, etc. hits.  You may have paid off your house, but then you will be stuck with replacement costs.  And car insurance also is to protect other people.  I guess that's not important to Liam, though.  Although I do think he's a troll.  But other people seem to think that Lori is so smart and that people like Liam are to be listened to.

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I have dealt with it for a few years, I have not seen a doctor about it but at some point in the future I might.  I have high arches and as long as I wear shoes with arch support, I'm mostly ok.  But mine is not nearly as severe as I've heard it can be, it really doesn't bother me very often at this point.  I have a couple of sandles made by the SAS Shoe Company, they have enough arch support. I have a few Dr. School's inserts I use with my dressier shoes and a pair of boots that don't really have arch support.  I have a pair of Crocs that I think are actually water shoes, that I use as house slippers.  If I wear arch supports at all times and don't go barefoot, I generally don't have pain.  My mother in law had shots and surgery for hers and she showed me the stretching exercises that she does.  But if it gets to the point where I am in pain or having issues, no matter what the shoes, then I will probably need to see a doctor.  And at that point, I will not care if it's a male or female doctor!

As far as not having insurance on your house or car - it's really not going to be much help if a tornado, hurricane, etc. hits.  You may have paid off your house, but then you will be stuck with replacement costs.  And car insurance also is to protect other people.  I guess that's not important to Liam, though.  Although I do think he's a troll.  But other people seem to think that Lori is so smart and that people like Liam are to be listened to.

I literally do not know anyone here in the Midwest who has ever paid more than an insurance deductible for a new roof. You are pretty much guaranteed around here to have a hail or windstorm take out your roof often enough to never have to replace it because it wore out. We bought our house after the 2014 hail storm here. (I misstated the time elapse above...oops) and it had a brand new roof and brand new siding even though it is a 40 year old house. 

There are many things you can use homeowner's insurance for other than a total loss. 

• Upvote 9

20 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I literally do not know anyone here in the Midwest who has ever paid more than an insurance deductible for a new roof. You are pretty much guaranteed around here to have a hail or windstorm take out your roof often enough to never have to replace it because it wore out. We bought our house after the 2014 hail storm here. (I misstated the time elapse above...oops) and it had a brand new roof and brand new siding even though it is a 40 year old house. 

There are many things you can use homeowner's insurance for other than a total loss. 

Our previous house had a catastrophic failure in the toilet, we had water everywhere.  We were able to use our homeowner's insurance and were only out the deductible.  At our current house, we had a bad hail storm (happens in NE Oklahoma on a regular basis) and we had to get a new roof. Again, it only cost us the deductible.  I think we do have coverage for other things in our insurance, I think that's pretty standard.  Liam is "playing with fire" and possibly literally, if he does not have insurance.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, teachergirl said:

does anyone think Darla HAS to be a troll??? Her comments are so Aunt Lydia like....

I thought troll, but her FB profile doesn't have troll hints like Liam does. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, teachergirl said:

does anyone think Darla HAS to be a troll??? Her comments are so Aunt Lydia like..

YES! I wasn’t sure until the “women are too dumb for math” comment. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

Shaun says, in today's silly scribble, 

Lemme correct that for ya, Shaun: There were no women getting PAID for doing these jobs for thousands of years. Somehow...they survived, but it wasn't easy.

Meh. Never mind about those Jewish midwives who were tried for witchcraft & stoned. Or all those "pagan" ladies mixing tinctures to keep diseases at bay.... ya know... more witches.  Obviously men have been the only healers ever ever. 

It's almost like God made a mistake when she made women to be guardians of children....

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic