IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

Continued from here:

Where Lori tries to inflict her food weirdness onto her grandchildren.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

646A1F65-E481-4F67-A906-5027D8BDAA0E.thumb.jpeg.c3394f76d2ee937c1b1dfe8e43748952.jpeg

i wish Lori would actually use the time she “researches” to actually research. Birth control doesn’t cause an abortion. It’s not evil. So many of her comments talk about how wrong it is and how people used to have lots of kids. Yes they did but most of the kids died and the parents lived in poverty. My dads’ dad was one of thirteen. They lived in a tiny two bedroom house. One of his brothers died as a kid because they lived next to railroad tracks and he got run over. It was a hard life, during the depression. More kids meant more income and hands to help around the house. 

The Bible said to be fruitful and multiply because they had to populate the earth. The Bible never mentions birth control or abortions. Women and children didn’t have any value. They were property. 

• Upvote 19

I'm so very late to the game today, I've been running around the house being domestic and all that.  

To @Koala I hereby formally present my request to become your adopted person upon whom to shower Easter basket yumminess.  

WRT Lori and the grandkids food...I'm sure it had plenty of nutrients but it doesn't sound appealing at all.  My aunt used to eat sardines but I just remember her eating them as a snack.  I was "that kid" when it came to food.  My parents tried everything to get me to eat and none of it worked.  They did the whole, 'sit there till you eat it all' game...fail.  Force feeding, fail.  One of them (can't remember who) spanked me once for not finishing dinner...fail.  Yelling, fail.  Threatening, fail.  Finally they gave up and just made sure I ate something, anything.  Then I had a second grade teacher who made it her mission to bully me into eating lunch.  She found out real quick who had the stronger resolve.  I hate going to eat at other people's homes because I'm so picky, not eating someones food here is an insult so I just gracefully bow out of invitations.

I agree that Lori is sadistic, I think she gets off on the idea of pain, giving or receiving.  Again... I was "that kid".  I got way more spankings than my sister.  I figured out how to do stuff without them finding out and if they did...oh well, do your worst I had my fun already.  I do hope that at least some of her grandchildren get out and find good, real lives out there, free from the extremist insanity.  

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Regarding spanking: I was spanked as a child, and I don't resent my parents for it. Maybe it's because they didn't overuse it and best me with a leather strap for four hours. It was a couple swats with their hand on my butt.  They used it as a last resort and for something they had already warned me about. "If you do that again I'm gonna spank you.". 

I've done the same with my kids. What makes me mad is the thought of a leather strap on an infant. That is sick. A baby can't even understand what the swat is for.  If you're going to spank, at least wait until the child can understand what you are saying. 

• Upvote 7

Lori Alexander is not talking about spanking. She is talking about hitting and beating until the child feels pain.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I'm so very late to the game today, I've been running around the house being domestic and all that.  

To @Koala I hereby formally present my request to become your adopted person upon whom to shower Easter basket yumminess.  

WRT Lori and the grandkids food...I'm sure it had plenty of nutrients but it doesn't sound appealing at all.  My aunt used to eat sardines but I just remember her eating them as a snack.  I was "that kid" when it came to food.  My parents tried everything to get me to eat and none of it worked.  They did the whole, 'sit there till you eat it all' game...fail.  Force feeding, fail.  One of them (can't remember who) spanked me once for not finishing dinner...fail.  Yelling, fail.  Threatening, fail.  Finally they gave up and just made sure I ate something, anything.  Then I had a second grade teacher who made it her mission to bully me into eating lunch.  She found out real quick who had the stronger resolve.  I hate going to eat at other people's homes because I'm so picky, not eating someones food here is an insult so I just gracefully bow out of invitations.

I agree that Lori is sadistic, I think she gets off on the idea of pain, giving or receiving.  Again... I was "that kid".  I got way more spankings than my sister.  I figured out how to do stuff without them finding out and if they did...oh well, do your worst I had my fun already.  I do hope that at least some of her grandchildren get out and find good, real lives out there, free from the extremist insanity.  

That's horrid! I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

If you're going to spank, at least wait until the child can understand what you are saying. 

Does this sound okay?  

If you're going to hit your wife, at least makes sure she can understand what you're saying.

How about:

If you're going to hit a person who's smaller and weaker, at least make sure they can understand what you're saying.

36 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

:romance-heartstiny:

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 14

18 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori Alexander is not talking about spanking. She is talking about hitting and beating until the child feels pain.

Yep. She's gone into great detail about how she's spanked her kids, and it was absolutely abusive. She wasn't teaching her kids anything other than to fear her. And we all know -- from her own words -- how much she enjoyed her kids being afraid of her.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

My ex-stepfather hit me with a belt three times; once because he decided I wasn’t eating my dinner fast enough.

I was fifteen.

Edited by smittykins
  • Sad 20
  • WTF 6
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, smittykins said:

My ex-stepfather hit me with a belt three times; once because he decided I wasn’t eating my dinner fast enough.

I was fifteen.

Dear god...I am so sorry.  

I literally felt sick reading that.  There's no words for a person like that.  None.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, polecat said:

Yep. She's gone into great detail about how she's spanked her kids, and it was absolutely abusive. She wasn't teaching her kids anything other than to fear her. And we all know -- from her own words -- how much she enjoyed her kids being afraid of her.

I have never understood the correlation of fear and respect.  When I was about 15 a neighbor and I were talking about how he raised his son and he mentioned how a little fear was necessary for the boy to respect him.  I told him he was wrong and the statement has plagued me ever since then.  I've heard it all my life from various sources I just can't get my head wrapped around it.  I guess it plays into the idea of fearing God?  If you fear the deity then you respect him/her?  I don't know.  I'm sure in Lori and Ken's minds fear equals respect and being assholes is the only way they know how to command respect.  

OH! Also to add the the Lori and food bit....I really think she just doesn't know how to cook.  She might not have been interested as a girl or what she learned she blew off during her supposed 'difficult years'.  She does strike me as a woman who have expected Ken to step and fetch and when he didn't she "punished" him by various means...one possibly being not bothering to cook or prepare anything he'd actually enjoy.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

49 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Spanking, hitting and beating are the same for me. No matter what term you use, it means inflicting voilence on a helpless person with the goal of at least inflicting pain. My father used his houseslippers for spanking and I clearly remember still the pain, the fear and humilation during that. It didn't did me any goods, it made me a peoplepleaser no matter what and who avoids even the tiniest differences with other people, to avoid punishment, a characterthread I still have and would get rid in an instand if I could.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 8

(There was a dinner discussion on the previous thread.) We had salad tonight.  I bought it at the grocery store's deli, I'm in allergy fog and actually making dinner was a little more than I was capable of.  So I called Mr. Briefly and asked for a suggestion - which was "I don't care", so I went with chef's salad.  It was pretty good, but not really filling (they were little) and we are hearing the call of the Girl Scout cookies from the pantry.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 11

I don't think anyone here is advocating child abuse but I want to say this. It is never okay to hit a child. There is no magic age or circumstance that makes it ok. It doesn't matter if it's with your hand open or with a shoe or a spoon. There is also no way of knowing how much or how little the child will internalize being hit. Children who have been "minimally" punished with physical consequences can carry the mental scars for a lifetime. Please, please don't hit your children. 

On a personal note, I come from a highly abusive home. My father was a truly horrible person and what he did was more than abuse, it was torture. It's taken decades of therapy to recover. I broke the cycle of abuse and raised a healthy, happy, confident woman without ever raising my hand.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 33

My cousin was a troubled child and my aunt & uncle tried everything to get him obey them. What they did not realize was that their disciplinary methods were abusive and likely, caused my cousin to act out. They used to spank him with leather belts. They got off on trying to make their kids fear them.  It did not work and they damaged them. My aunt would justify it by discussing how her (my grandmother) disciplined them and how their grandmother disciplined her kids with big wooden paddles, straps, spoons, etc.... it does not make it ok to keep doing it.

How can people hit their kids and then expect to teach them that hitting other people is wrong? Children act out for so many reasons and everyone knows their brains are not mature. I find it alarming that parents would rather spank the crap out of their kid than take them to a child psychologist. Many parents have issues with admitting that either their kid needs help or that they are contributing and/or causing the problem.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

(There was a dinner discussion on the previous thread.) We had salad tonight.  I bought it at the grocery store's deli, I'm in allergy fog and actually making dinner was a little more than I was capable of.  So I called Mr. Briefly and asked for a suggestion - which was "I don't care", so I went with chef's salad.  It was pretty good, but not really filling (they were little) and we are hearing the call of the Girl Scout cookies from the pantry.

I had stir-fry and salad. How's that for nourishing, Lori?

• Upvote 10

Dinner tonight was sauteed pork chops with onions, fresh green beans, steamed rice and salad (lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and radishes).  This jezebel cooked that from scratch when I came home from my evil full time job.

Tomorrow night is a medley of roasted vegetables and ... I'm not sure what else yet.  It's our extra meatless night in addition to Friday during Lent.

• Upvote 13

Last night we had BBQ chicken flatbreads (homemade- not from a box- but I’m not above frozen pizzas or flatbreads).

Tonight was taco/burrito bowls- seasoned ground beef and a jar of bean/corn salsa served over cauliflower rice- topped with a bit of shredded cheddar and guacamole (for me- no one else likes it). 

Tomorrow night is roasted chicken breasts served with roasted broccoli. 

The rest of the week is up in the air. I need to go to the grocery store. 

• Upvote 9

Last night was vegetable curry -- eggplant, sweet potato, onion, potato, peas -- in coconut milk, with rice and homemade chutney.

At bookclub this afternoon, our hostess served a vegan soup with pureed cauliflower, ground cashews, tarragon and parsley. It was delicious.

I was waylaid by the Tamale Tuesday sign at a taco truck on the way home, so it was tamales and cabbage slaw with lime juice.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

I really appreciate reading the stories of those who were spanked who aren't carrying the tradition on. Mr. & I weren't just spanked for serious or dangerous issues, like running into the street, playing with light socket, etc. He was spanked for stuff like not making up the bed well enough or quick enough, I was spanked often for just being me, a very questioning, unsubmissive and bold girl who would get in trouble by questioning the status quo. That shit stops with us, and if we ever have a kid we will not being passing those chains down. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 4
  • Love 21

17 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Me too! Actually, I make some baskets for my 2- 20 something kids and the 14 year old.  But these are amazing. You have inspired me to become a little more creative this year.  Those were lovely @Koala

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

So does anyone out there think one of Lori's DILs is on birth control?  She sure is beating a dead horse about contraceptives lately. Doesn't one of them have 4? That seems like plenty.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

So does anyone out there think one of Lori's DILs is on birth control?  She sure is beating a dead horse about contraceptives lately. Doesn't one of them have 4? That seems like plenty.

I definitely think Erin and Ryan are done..for the simple fact, Lori always has her kids.   With her jewelry business, I think she is finding 4 young children overwhelming.  I would also be surprised (I don't know why I think this, just speculation) if Emily/Steven had only one more and done.  Same for Cassi...I think she's pregnant now again with her third. But she does seem to be the more "compliant" daughter so who knows.

Oh...and I officially title Lori's IG post this morning "Ode to Duty Sex" 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 12

36 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

This is 100 percent none of Lori's business. I don't ever expect to know the contraceptive status of my sons' wives (if they ever get married). Sure, I'd love grandkids, but their reproductive choices are just not my business. Goddammit, Lori, you're the WORST. 

We had chicken enchiladas with Spanish rice and black beans/cheese last night (basically, nothing particularly healthy but it was so, so good) last night. Tonight is leftover Wednesday, so laziness ftw. 

• Upvote 13

18 hours ago, smittykins said:

I was fifteen.

Oh my, I am so sorry. I wish I could erase that trauma for you. However I send you hugs, and munchkin sends her hugs too with cheerios (she's a year and a half old)

15 hours ago, Briefly said:

Thin Mints are my weakness. I can hear them now calling my name.... and I'm at work! We had chicken, salad and potatoes las night. Tonight is meatloaf and salad. Its one of those crazy long weeks this time, and well a lot of the food we're having; we've made ahead and froze. Now its just reheating them.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic