IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

I’ll 2nd the Jostin house flipping show. They have the basic skills, and it’s a genre that works.

I still appreciate JD and his lack of fucks - it doesn’t make for gripping television, but he reminds me of a lot of my cousins from the redneck branch of the family tree. I don’t expect deep conversations from them, but we can have a lot of fun drinking beer, telling outlandish stories, and doing mildly stupid shit at someone’s farm/lake house/cabin.

• Upvote 9

51 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

Honestly a Joy / Austin season of flip or flop wouldn’t be the worst

Except Joy. In the last year she’s gone from acting like a petulant teen (in mannerisms) to thinking she’s a hipster, mature intellect.

38 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I’ll 2nd the Jostin house flipping show. They have the basic skills, and it’s a genre that works.

I still appreciate JD and his lack of fucks - it doesn’t make for gripping television, but he reminds me of a lot of my cousins from the redneck branch of the family tree. I don’t expect deep conversations from them, but we can have a lot of fun drinking beer, telling outlandish stories, and doing mildly stupid shit at someone’s farm/lake house/cabin.

I just watched the show too. The one positive about this courtship, relationship and wedding were the ages of the bride and groom. More mature people make for a more enjoyable show. I like them as a couple. 

• Upvote 2

Unless they go full on documentary style, like, "This is how we actually live, what we actually believe, how we're dealing with the fallout of the scandals, and we'll answer some hard questions," I think the only viable spin-off would be a house flipping/decorating thing. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Jana and the boys could come renovate and decorate for an episode or two, Jabbie could stop by on their way to more prey-cations in the Philippines. JimBob and Mechelle could visit and act like the jerks they are using their ten words of spanish to try to communicate in an Asian market.   JinJer could take  Hannie, Jennifer and Jordyn to live theater or music that is not bible based.

I'm guessing this was a typo, but oh my, this is EXACTLY what it is. A prey-cation. They prey on vulnerable people who are in need of help and are instead served with a big-ass dose of the Duggars' hateful "religion." Gag.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8

I'd watch a Jeremiah spin-off, maybe. That young man interests me. 

Or it could be both twins. I am working on a story about triplets and two of them are twins, so that interests me right now, too.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I'm guessing this was a typo, but oh my, this is EXACTLY what it is. A prey-cation. They prey on vulnerable people who are in need of help and are instead served with a big-ass dose of the Duggars' hateful "religion." Gag.

I meant it like it wrote it, not a typo.  Prey-cation, as you said preying on vulnerable people who may be in need of help and get a big dose of Duggar style hate.

Edited by Lurker
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Which spin off would you all least likely watch?  I guess Josh & Anna is the obvious one.  Even before the scandal, he bugged the crap out of me because he was SO smug.  But aside from Josh & Anna . . .

• I am going to go with Josiah and Lauren. I can't quite put my finger on why he annoys me the most.  I sense the smugness in him as well. Plus, she ranks very high on the fundie gaze/breathy voice.
  • The more I've seen out of JD, the more I don't like him. I am normally not this mean, even on FJ, but the dude needs to wash his hair.  I'd also hate to see Abbie after she gave up a career that she loved. I admire the hell out of nurses, and am sad that she had to give that up in order to make scented candles and lots of babies.
  • A Jill & Derick spinoff would be hard to watch, but entertaining in a can't-look-away-from-the-car-accident kind of way.
  • Jessa, at least, is funny and knows how to put on a show. The boys are cute.
  • I really don't like JinJer. She wears pretty clothes.  The baby is cute.  That's all I got.
  • The Joe & Kendra show seems as if it would be dull.  She is adorable and very cheery. She should be a kindergarten teacher.  But I don't think they could make a show out of what they've got going on.
  • A Joy-Austin show might be amusing.  They could flip houses.  And I admit to admiring her don't-give-two-fucks attitude.

Wait... I have missed something... How do we know Abbie gave up her career?

Also, are these spin-off rumors legitimate?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Idk if TLC is gonna be happy about this one. There’s a big difference between flying the crew between Laredo and Arkansas, and flying between Cali and Arkansas. That’s a looong flight. I wonder if we will see much of them after the move for the logistics alone. 

I don't know if you've heard, but John David is a pilot ...

I really hope Jinger thrives in LA. If she crashes and burns there, this would be the second time a Duggar spawn moves to the big city and sees their life fall apart (Josh/DC). I imagine if Jinger gets too worldly or her marriage struggles in any way, the Duggars would pump the brakes on allowing any future spawn move to the evil liberal satanic city. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

889FEAFF-A50A-485C-A22D-95ECAF56E77E.thumb.png.0157def0a02ff54f33498d495825295e.png

This is the second or third time Jinger has posted something related to the Roloffs. This is the unholy TLC Fundie alliance of nightmares - think of all the preening and self righteous Instagram posting that could result if JinJer meets Auj and Jer. ?

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 3
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Are you kidding, watching Jinger navigate LA is enough. they STILL have the fucking Kardashian's on TV FFS and they don't do anything but show their asses and spread STDS. It will be Keeping up with the Vulo's as they navigate a wholesome life in a sin filled city.  It will be KUWTK for fundyland. 

This comment is gross and sexist. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

I don't think the location will be an issue for TLC. They filmed when Jill and Dwreck lived in Central America. Even UP, who seems like a smaller network with less funding, goes to Chicago to see Michaela and her husband.  

• Upvote 7

The only Duggar show I could (almost) tolerate would be a show in which each Duggar over 18 gets one episode as a catch up episode, then nothing more for a year. There are currently 12 Duggar offspring 18 or older, but only 10 in good standing. I see two yearly "seasons" lasting 5 weeks each, each week checking in with a new Duggar Offspring, covering what has happened with them over the course of the year. I'd even allow storylines (but not entire episodes) of the two Duggars who are closest to 18 but not 18 yet, to build interest in them.

Please note that I said almost tolerate.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

But......What about Rufus?!!!!  Will He go to LA?  Will He go into storage?  Will he go to The Forsyth dude ranch for Jesus?  

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 21
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Essentially we made it up and are running with it. :pb_lol:

Otherwise known as Tuesday ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Wait... I have missed something... How do we know Abbie gave up her career?

Also, are these spin-off rumors legitimate?

She quit working to organise her wedding

Then she said she wants to keep her license, but that she's not going to work.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

Remember when we thought Amy would have a spin off? Yeah, that didn't happen either.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

889FEAFF-A50A-485C-A22D-95ECAF56E77E.thumb.png.0157def0a02ff54f33498d495825295e.png

This is the second or third time Jinger has posted something related to the Roloffs. This is the unholy TLC Fundie alliance of nightmares - think of all the preening and self righteous Instagram posting that could result if JinJer meets Auj and Jer. ?

I was almost going to say something yesterday about the JinJer & the overly pretentious Rolof spawn doing a joint venture, it could explain why they left the farm. I can't imagine anything more obnoxious and over the top than these 4 and their preened up baby girls.  I'd rather watch Joshly & Dullard give lectures on morality and kindness. :puke-front:

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Oh Tori Roloff was all over them moving to LA, posting about how they must meet up if they are in Oregon. I don't mind Tori as much as Audrey, but blech.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh Tori Roloff was all over them moving to LA, posting about how they must meet up if they are in Oregon. I don't mind Tori as much as Audrey, but blech.

Saw this as well. Agree that Tori and Zach aren’t as gross, but still....

62A7690C-15C7-419E-A88A-AA8E4302D1B0.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Isn't LA really far from Oregon? I get that it's the same side of the continent, but I feel like that's like moving from LA to Orlando and someone saying, "Oh, we must meet up if you're ever in Philadelphia!"

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

960 miles give or take.  If any of our family decide to go that far north, we fly not drive.  It's a 15 hour or more drive with good traffic.  Is it easier than from Laredo, sure, but it's not a little day trip either.  

• Upvote 13

The worst/most annoying bit of this move to LA will be their incessant posts showing us things as if they're Christopher Columbus "discovering" America for the first time. CHIA SEED SMOOTHIES ya'all!! FLAT WHITE, ya'all!!! Stand up paddleboarding ya'all!!  DODGER STADIUM, ya'all!! And did you know you can watch heathens spending slutty dollars on Rodeo Drive?? And all the Middle Eastern restaurants and food, like shakshouka and hummus, eaten by people who won't open up their heart to Christ, thank God there is Jeremy to set them straight.

Shudder.

• Upvote 16
  • Rufus Bless 9
  • Haha 20

14 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

But......What about Rufus?!!!!  Will He go to LA?  Will He go into storage?  Will he go to The Forsyth dude ranch for Jesus?  

I don't think she's leaving Laredo without Rufus.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 8

2 hours ago, freshlemonade said:

Saw this as well. Agree that Tori and Zach aren’t as gross, but still....

62A7690C-15C7-419E-A88A-AA8E4302D1B0.jpeg

Oh please let them come to the greater Portland area! I would love to see their reactions as they go down Hawthorne and see people with multicolored hair and multi piercings and multi tattoos, some even with dreads, or the Pearl district, which is a greater same sex relationship area. My cousin came out from Ohio several years ago and the look on her face was priceless as I drove her down Hawthorne!

I wonder if they'd try to proselytize or if their heads would explode first!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic