IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

i also think he adores Felicity. 

I think that goes without saying. He adores his baby, most parents do. Will he adore her when she’s sassy, destroying stuff , cursing or smoking pot...you know, doing things that most mainstream kids, perfectly healthy kids do at one time or another?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5

Here’s what I think about Jeremy. I think he is religious and has some abhorrent views/beliefs. I think he found his balance in religion after having some fun, rather liberating  young, adult years. I think he very much was attracted to the Duggar name and fame. He likes a pretty face as much as the next guy his age. I think he thinks JB is unsophisticated and a country bumpkin. I’d bet that the Voulo kids may have some homeschooling, maybe in the early years, and then they’ll be off to a religious school and college. I believe that Jeremy ( and Dillard too) can see the flaws in how their wives were raised and do not intend to follow that path. There’s sheltering and protecting kids and then there’s cloistering and retarding the appropriate growth of kids, and the Duggars have done the latter. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think that goes without saying. He adores his baby, most parents do. Will he adore her when she’s sassy, destroying stuff , cursing or smoking pot...you know, doing things that most mainstream kids, perfectly healthy kids do at one time or another?

No, he would force them to get back under his authority. Jeremy, IMO, sees Jinger and Felicity as extensions of himself. They are props for Jeremy’s career. Jeremy will only love Jinger and Felicity if they stay in line with his motives. 

How would Jeremy react if Jinger told him she wanted to change up the way he runs things, paint a wall a different color, move to a different state, or pursue her own career? 

How would Ben or Austin react if their wives asked them the same?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 16

Haha, I have to say I regret speculating on the possibility of a spin-off on the previous thread. THIS IS IDLE SPECULATION STARTED RIGHT HERE ON FJ by casually silly posters like myself. It's not a serious rumor that holds water. As always, I would love a real and honest Duggar documentary but I've always felt that way, I'm not hopeful, and JinJer's move to California doesn't really impact that.

Regarding a JinJer/Roloff meet-up:

I don't think it's the worst road trip to get up to Oregon. There are basically three ways to get from LA up to the San Francisco/Sacramento level of the state: the 1, profoundly gorgeous but about 12 hours (also I think it may be out of commission due to horrible mudslides a few years back); the 101, not bad but not amazing and like 8 hours; and the 5, which is horrible and gross but you can make that trip in under 6 hours. 

Once you're about 1.5 hours North of Sacramento, it's quite pretty and there are all sorts of small, interesting mountain and forest towns all the way into Oregon. Camping, B&B, and hotel options galore. It doesn't make for a weekend trip, but as a longer (week-long) vacation Southern California all the way up to even Vancouver really doesn't suck as a road trip. I've loved it dearly in my own life.

All of that said, babies can complicate things and JinJer seem comfortable flying on a regular basis.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Are you kidding, watching Jinger navigate LA is enough. they STILL have the fucking Kardashian's on TV FFS and they don't do anything but show their asses and spread STDS. It will be Keeping up with the Vulo's as they navigate a wholesome life in a sin filled city.  It will be KUWTK for fundyland. 

*snip*

I would implore you to remember that STDs are still diseases, some extremely common, and there are probably folks reading this thread who have them. I get it that it's common to view them as a character flaw, but that's also a really mean thing to do. There are plenty of reasons to criticize the Kardashians but this isn't one of them.

• Upvote 36

14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If Jessa and Ben were to also move to LA I could see the possibility of a viable show.

LOL. Who will watch their children all day?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

On 3/25/2019 at 7:45 PM, Dominionatrix said:

The comments on Jinger's Instagram announcement are really something. Half her followers think she is taking baby Felicity into the pits of liberal hell, that she'll have nary a friend with all of those evil carjacking leftists at every turn, and that innocent Jeremy will be forced to betray his wife due to the constant temptation from bikini-clad Beach Boy-song Jezebels. 

But there is always a chance Jinger will discover a two piece bathing suit that will show her belly button!? Can we get an AMEN Nike?

• Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 13

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Here’s what I think about Jeremy. I think he is religious and has some abhorrent views/beliefs. I think he found his balance in religion after having some fun, rather liberating  young, adult years. I think he very much was attracted to the Duggar name and fame. He likes a pretty face as much as the next guy his age. I think he thinks JB is unsophisticated and a country bumpkin. I’d bet that the Voulo kids may have some homeschooling, maybe in the early years, and then they’ll be off to a religious school and college. I believe that Jeremy ( and Dillard too) can see the flaws in how their wives were raised and do not intend to follow that path. There’s sheltering and protecting kids and then there’s cloistering and retarding the appropriate growth of kids, and the Duggars have done the latter. 

Agreed, Jeremy and Derick both got to go to college and experience life a bit before getting married. Jeremy may share a lot or most of the same beliefs as Jim Bob but he isn't as restrictive as him and Michelle were, even if it is only small things like allowing their daughters to wear pants or introducing a wider range of books and music that the Duggar children were allowed growing up that can make a difference to their lives growing up. If they have a smaller family and send them to a Christian school for the later years then they will have much better educated children.

• Upvote 8

On 3/25/2019 at 11:54 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They will have their own show.  

Will we be seeing them as leaders of a mega church ala' Jim and Tammy Bakker? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Oh please let them come to the greater Portland area! I would love to see their reactions as they go down Hawthorne and see people with multicolored hair and multi piercings and multi tattoos, some even with dreads, or the Pearl district, which is a greater same sex relationship area. My cousin came out from Ohio several years ago and the look on her face was priceless as I drove her down Hawthorne!

I wonder if they'd try to proselytize or if their heads would explode first!

I say that we encourage a 'mission' for Jeremy in the Castro of San Francisco.  :evil-laugh:

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Exactly. People marry people only for their money all the time.

Do I believe Jeremy pursued the Duggar he had the most common interests with? Yes. 

Also, even if Jeremy ONLY became friends with Ben to marry a Duggar, it would not surprise me.

Again, people marry people for their money all of the time.

What did Melania have in common with Trump?

I think Jeremy had his sights set on Jana at 1st, she was pretty, softly well spoken someone elegant and only 2 years younger than him. I think he realized quickly that she wasn't meek and malleable, his only other option at the time was Jinger, and she was a perfect match, she wanted a strong headship that would buy her pretty clothes and take her to the city.  She got what she dreamed for and so did he. 

• Upvote 9

I was meek and “malleable” in the beginning of my marriage. 7 years later, I no longer am. My husband is fine with me telling him to do things differently. In fact, I frequently change the way WE run things if I’m not happy with it. 

I realized that I was acting meek and submissive because I thought I was supposed to based on what the Bible said.

My nature is assertive and competitive and it’s sad I believed I had to change that for a short while.

Maybe Jinger under the impression that she must stifle her spunk in order to be a good Proverbs 31 wife and keep Jeremy happy.

I want to see Jinger crack some jokes about Jeremy and watch him take it in stride and laugh just like Jessa does about Ben occasionally.  I’ve also seen Joy do this.

I want to see Jinger doing something “job” or “career-related” and watch Jeremy encourage it like how Joy works with Austin occasionally.

I want to see Jinger talk and post about her separate interests that don’t always involve Jeremy or being a good Proverbs 31 wife.

In my opinion, Jinger has become “Priscilla-fied” where like Priscilla Waller, she serves only as Jeremy’s prop. I want to see both Jinger and Priscilla express separate interests.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 21

12 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think Jeremy had his sights set on Jana at 1st, she was pretty, softly well spoken someone elegant and only 2 years younger than him. I think he realized quickly that she wasn't meek and malleable, his only other option at the time was Jinger, and she was a perfect match, she wanted a strong headship that would buy her pretty clothes and take her to the city.  She got what she dreamed for and so did he. 

Jinger and Jana are very different. They look different, they have different personalities, and probably quite different interests. I think Jeremy was looking for a pretty, malleable, good Christian wife, and the Duggars' fame was a bonus, but I don't think it's unreasonable at all that he would just happen to like Jinger more than Jana. Especially if he met Jinger first.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Jinger and Jana are very different. They look different, they have different personalities, and probably quite different interests. I think Jeremy was looking for a pretty, malleable, good Christian wife, and the Duggars' fame was a bonus, but I don't think it's unreasonable at all that he would just happen to like Jinger more than Jana. Especially if he met Jinger first.

In addition, Jeremy isn't Jana's type from everything she's said.  Jana's been very clear that she wants a "down home" guy with dirt under his fingernails, so I can't imagine her being interested in the urbane, foppish Jeremy.  He's the opposite of everything she's indicated she wants.  

Jana seems to want a Chad Paine-style husband: someone with a lot of good, manual skills who will set her up in a cute cabin and build her a garden probably not too far from her family.  

Jeremy was never going to move to AR, seems to be more comfortable in urban environments as opposed to rural, and is concerned with fashion and image rather than building things.  He's exactly what Jinger wanted, but not someone likely to be of interest as a future husband to Jana.  So I think that even if he initially eyed Jana, he only really had a shot with Jinger.  

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

I know everything thinks Jana is such a super duper catch for a fundie guy and hey she probably is but let's not sell Jinger short. She's very pretty in her own right. She's a talented piano player, and hey we noticed her eye rolls. Maybe she's funny when she's really in her comfort zone or something. I get that everything thinks Jana is the bees knees but it really sells her sisters short to imply that so many of their sisters suitors really wanted Jana at 1st.

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
add a thought
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

In addition, Jeremy isn't Jana's type from everything she's said.  Jana's been very clear that she wants a "down home" guy with dirt under his fingernails, so I can't imagine her being interested in the urbane, foppish Jeremy.  He's the opposite of everything she's indicated she wants.  

Jana seems to want a Chad Paine-style husband: someone with a lot of good, manual skills who will set her up in a cute cabin and build her a garden probably not too far from her family.  

J

Who wants to monitor that match up site for farmers?   Or start one for Fundie Farmers? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mirele said:

I'm just going to say that I have a real hate-on when I hear  the Roloff name, because I remember a girl I knew at church who got shipped off to the Rebekah Home for Girls in about 1978 for being "rebellious." She was allowed to come back on a weekend pass and told me that she'd figured out the best way to deal with the situation was to be even holier than thou as a way to stick it to the man, as it were. You know how the holier than thou game works, right? You can be more holy than anyone else and be annoying to leadership. But they can't say, "Pray less" because that would look bad. I fell out of contact with her after that, but I hope she got her full revenge on her parents.

Here's an article about the Roloff homes. They were real shitholes. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/teen-home-hell-abusive-religious-reform-school/

Are the tv Roloff's related to the Roloff's from Roloff homes? I've heard of Lester Roloff my whole life but didn't know they were related. (if they are)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

They're both orange?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I know everything thinks Jana is such a super duper catch for a fundie guy and hey she probably is but let's not sell Jinger short. She's very pretty in her own right. She's a talented piano player, and hey we noticed her eye rolls. Maybe she's funny when she's really in her comfort zone or something. I get that everything thinks Jana is the bees knees but it really sells her sisters short to imply that so many of their sisters suitors really wanted Jana at 1st.

I agree but I believe people only bring up Jana in regards to Jeremy because Jana is closer to Jeremy's age. IMO, I don't think it's a dig against Jinger as we all know that she has very beautiful eyes and a spunky personality. I believe it's more about age. In fundie world, as a woman gets older (and Jana is NOT old at all!) her options become more limited because as we all know, many young fundie men are encouraged to marry ASAP once they turn 18.

In fundie world, it's less acceptable for a man to marry a woman older him however, anything is possible. Bethany from Girl Defined is 5.5 or 6 years older than Dav. Dav recently turned 25 and Bethany is 30. Oddly enough, Priscilla always seems embarrassed when she explains that she's 4 months older than David.

I want Jana to be happy and not be under JB's authority like how Sarah Maxwell is under Stevehovah's. I hope she can find someone that she's happy with and will treat her as an equal. If Jana does not want to have a partner, I wish JB would allow her to be financially and physically independent from him but unfortunately, he won't allow that.

Honestly, I wish Jana would be allowed to live with Laura (in Indiana?) and also work for the interior design company that Laura is now employed with! Can anyone see Jana wanting to do that too? Couldn't JB have allowed Jana to even work temporarily as an intern for a few months with Laura & the company and then return?

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I agree but I believe people only bring up Jana in regards to Jeremy because Jana is closer to Jeremy's age. IMO, I don't think it's a dig against Jinger as we all know that she has very beautiful eyes and a spunky personality. I believe it's more about age. In fundie world, as a woman gets older (and Jana is NOT old at all!) her options become more limited because as we all know, many young fundie men are encouraged to marry ASAP once they turn 18.

In fundie world, it's less acceptable for a man to marry a woman older him however, anything is possible. Bethany from Girl Defined is 5.5 or 6 years older than Dav. Dav recently turned 25 and Bethany is 30. Oddly enough, Priscilla always seems embarrassed when she explains that she's 4 months older than David.

I want Jana to be happy and not be under JB's authority like how Sarah Maxwell is under Stevehovah's. I hope she can find someone that she's happy with and will treat her as an equal. If Jana does not want to have a partner, I wish JB would allow her to be financially and physically independent from him but unfortunately, he won't allow that.

Honestly, I wish Jana would be allowed to live with Laura (in Indiana?) and also work for the interior design company that Laura is now employed with! Can anyone see Jana wanting to do that too? Couldn't JB have allowed Jana to even work temporarily as an intern for a few months with Laura & the company and then return?

I actually disagree.  Fundie girls are eligible for marriage the moment they turn 18, but fundie GUYS are not considered ready to begin courting until they are financially stable and can support a family.  For the vast majority of the guys, this takes them into their twenties, sometimes well into their twenties, before they are considered ready.  We see a fair amount of teenage brides, but comparatively few teenage husbands. 

And since the girls become eligible right away, it's not uncommon for a man in his twenties to pursue a teenage bride.  So I don't think the age difference for Jana vs Jinger was much of a concern.  Both were well within the acceptable age range for Jeremy to pursue.  This is also likely why it's rarer for an older woman to marry a younger man, I think. 

As for Jana being allowed to live away from home, it's not uncommon for unmarried fundie women to live with likeminded families or work in ministries away from home.  Michael Bates did.  Priscilla Waller did.  It seems pretty common as a way to get those women out into the larger world to meet people.  Jana used to volunteer for various retreats and such.  I think that likely it's NOT that JB wouldn't allow her, it's that she doesn't want to go.

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone thinks Jana must be miserable.  Given what the options are for fundie women, Jana has a pretty sweet set up at the TTH.  After being the eldest daughter by far in the family, I too spent a lot of time with littles (both siblings and cousins) in my teens, and as a result, I had next to no interest in settling down until around 29/30.  I'm sure that happens to fundie women too, and since this is their only avenue to live an independent, adult life, this is what it would look like for a fundie woman who simply has no desire, for whatever reason, to get married and start a family young.  It's very possible Jana is happy with her life and because of that, isn't interested in aggressively pursuing marriage.  She might be like me right now: life is good, so if someone comes along, wonderful, but if not, this is great too and I don't need to look to shake things up.

Fundies like to pretend otherwise, but the truth is that not every woman is chomping at the bit to get married and start a family.  Some women have other things they would rather do first, hobbies they would like time to pursue, or want a break from raising babies for a bit.  Even fundie women.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

To be fair, Jinger does seem way happier with Jeremy then Melania does with Trump.

Jinger and Jeremy both likes cities, travelling, fashion and coffee. They share a religion and have the same view about what they want out of life. Jinger’s dreams for her life might not be the dreams she would have had if her parents would have allowed her to explore her options or the dreams we wish she would have or have for ourselves, but they are still valid dreams. They also find eachother hot. When Mr Way and I met we had two things in common, we both liked to travel and we both wanted to bang someone reasonably hot while backpacking ... 15 years later we’re still pretty happy and have developed some other common interests. 

• Upvote 25
  • Love 4

I believe it’s ok to acknowledge the fact that given that it is 2019, Jinger does not have an ideal situation.

Like Jinger, I am in my mid 20s. Sure, in the 70s, or even 20 years ago, it was very common for women to be content entering marriage as a “prop” to their husbands. Many mainstream Christian wives were told that was their job. Although, people change. After 10 years into a marriage, some women find the courage and confidence to develop a separate identity from their husbands (and children) whether that is through work or hobbies.

However, 2019 is drastically different than even 20 years ago. Many women celebrate the fact that we want to have an equal role in our marriages and be treated equal to men in the workplace. Today, most women work and if they stay home, most will end up returning to the workplace.

I am sad for Jinger. 

Note: Yes, I am that feminist that Lori shit talks on a daily basis.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 9

21 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Will we be seeing them as leaders of a mega church ala' Jim and Tammy Bakker? 

This is exactly my thought.  Jeremy/Ben/D'wreck will start an online campus ministry.  They'll have a base at one university and will put on a traveling roadshow "ministering" to mainstream schools soliciting donations and handing out the right jesus.  They'll have bin podcasts and bible study posted weekly.  Tips for teh wimmenz from Jessa and Jinger will be posted biweekly.  Jill will post recipe and general musings about being a godly wife.  

They'll make BANK.

• Haha 10

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Sure, in the 70s, or even 20 years ago, it was very common for women to be content entering marriage as a “prop” to their husbands.

Nope, that mindset has been gone for awhile in the larger culture. Graduated high school in 1973 and went directly on to university without a thought of marriage or children, as did everyone I knew. None of us planned to be dependent and all had career aspirations even if we wanted marriage and children someday. And those who eventually got married did so as equal partners.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

28 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This is exactly my thought.  Jeremy/Ben/D'wreck will start an online campus ministry.  They'll have a base at one university and will put on a traveling roadshow "ministering" to mainstream schools soliciting donations and handing out the right jesus.  They'll have bin podcasts and bible study posted weekly.  Tips for teh wimmenz from Jessa and Jinger will be posted biweekly.  Jill will post recipe and general musings about being a godly wife.  

They'll make BANK.

Sounds like a whole lot of W-O-R-K. Who do you suppose is going to hustle to do all that work? Ben, because shite flows downhill and he’s the youngest one? Jana, can they get her to do it all?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic