IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

54 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

$199,900 for a 4 bedroom? That is unheard of where I live in Victoria, Australia. That home would be valued at $500-$600k.
It's beautiful!

Sure, where you live.  I can find places in Victoria for less than $AU199,900 e.g.  https://www.domain.com.au/47-isabella-street-shepparton-vic-3630-2015154939 . Definately not as nice though!

If we convert to current AUD then it would be $AU286,090.85 in which case we have https://www.domain.com.au/171-balaclava-road-shepparton-vic-3630-2014993297 which is in a similar area.

No idea on what the flooding situtation is like there though. I'm sure I could find other places as well...

4 hours ago, Smee said:

My mother’s group with #1 seemed to have a spate of overlapping pregnancy announcements with the eventual age gaps between our first and second kids ranging from about 16 months to 2y3m. There was one who had her second child just before her eldest turned one, but that wasn’t planned. How old is Felicity now? I’m guessing we won’t see an announcement until after her first birthday, but it’ll come within a year.

Lissy will be 10 months old. 

I wonder if it would have been smarter to just rent the house out. I cannot see them being able to buy a house in Los Angeles. That house would be over a million here far from the city and, even if they went way deep into the valley they would be spending at around 850k for the house. It always shocks me to see so much house for so cheap. That’s a small downpayment here. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Housing markets always throw me off. I live in the North East but where we live housing is super affordable. A house that size with those updates/features would easily go between 150,000-200,000 dollars. Maybe less depending on the market. Our home is a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath with 1500 sq ft that was outdated but very liveable (all cosmetic) and we got it for 54, 000.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

I wonder if it would have been smarter to just rent the house out. I cannot see them being able to buy a house in Los Angeles. That house would be over a million here far from the city and, even if they went way deep into the valley they would be spending at around 850k for the house. It always shocks me to see so much house for so cheap. That’s a small downpayment here. 

Yes, but its a pain being a landlord 2,000 KM away--or your alternative is hiring a management company that takes part of your profit. If they don't really plan/want to return to Laredo, why keep the house? And honestly, maybe they needed the $$ for tuition/living expenses.

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

Housing markets always throw me off. I live in the North East but where we live housing is super affordable. A house that size with those updates/features would easily go between 150,000-200,000 dollars. Maybe less depending on the market. Our home is a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath with 1500 sq ft that was outdated but very liveable (all cosmetic) and we got it for 54, 000.

Super curious where you are! I live in NJ, and our housing market is actually insane. Our condo (that we rented) was about 850 sq ft., 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and was on the market for over $250k. 

• Upvote 1

Their photos are not at all surprising to me, and I really don't think it's part of an announcement. Remember, Jinger was the photographer of the family so it's most likely she just places a really high value on having good family photos. I can relate, I'm a professional photographer so ALL the photos of my kid are professional quality. Sure I take plenty of iPhone photos, but I also regularly take even just casual candid photos around the house with my "real" gear. We're doing a family session next week, just for the sake of having family photos taken.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LillyP said:

Their photos are not at all surprising to me, and I really don't think it's part of an announcement. Remember, Jinger was the photographer of the family so it's most likely she just places a really high value on having good family photos. I can relate, I'm a professional photographer so ALL the photos of my kid are professional quality. Sure I take plenty of iPhone photos, but I also regularly take even just casual candid photos around the house with my "real" gear. We're doing a family session next week, just for the sake of having family photos taken.  

I'm amateur. I just like taking pictures. My friends all have super nice pictures because I'm constantly trying to improve my skills so I practice on them lol

• Upvote 2

Jinger has been laying it on thick with the mom appreciation posts lately.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I honestly think Jinger is Michelle's fav. Jinger was adamant that Michelle had to be there during the birth and one of the only times I've seen Michelle give a full hug was when she first visited Jinger after she moved to Texas. plus Michelle had collected all that  Ginger bread stuff for Jinger and I doubt she collected things for any of the other kids. 

I think it might have to do with JInger being her first home birth. she always has to mention that when talking about Jinger. 

I also kind of feel like Jinjer's wedding had the most money thrown at it. and Michelle's best friend put the most effort into the decor. 

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I find their house to be cheap-looking TBH, but I live in the priciest real estate market in the country so my expectations are totally different.

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

41 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I find their house to be cheap-looking TBH, but I live in the priciest real estate market in the country so my expectations are totally different.

I don't see anything about it that looks cheap? It looks like a not brand new house with some moderate renovations. My grandmother's house was similar (though grandma's was significantly older) and sold for just over $800,000 (Bay Area, CA). Their house isn't exactly my style, but I think it looks nicer than many of the McMansions of the early 2000's or some of the cookie cutter ultra modern houses that I am currently seeing during our house search. Really though, there is such a huge range of houses. Every time we move to a new area is amazes me how different houses are in different areas. 

• Upvote 15

Jinger’s gearing up for mother’s day early.

Location makes a much bigger difference than pretty much ANYTHING else when it comes to housing prices. I live in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house built in the late 90s with a large, flat, enclosed yard. My sister lives in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment built in the early 70s with no yard. But she’s in Sydney and I’m in Newcastle, so even though it would take me half the time to drive to my city centre in peak hour than it’d take her to drive to hers, her apartment is worth literally TWICE what my house is.

• I Agree 6

Nothing completes office decor like a stuffed wild pussy.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 43
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, kiwi said:

Why is no one commenting on this in his office?? emoji23.png

cbb69f085646176698257c2c7e87b1c4.jpg

I spot FJ's new deity! Co-ruling the forrest of fundy-snark with Rufus, the antlered Saviour. 

What shall we call the Kitty God? 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

It has rather a smug smile on its face, and is that a dead bird I see at its feet?

PS what happened to their pussy cat?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

I am in love with the "Please Remain Seated" sign in one of the bathrooms! I need that if my American family ever comes to visit. Also more information than I ever needed about Jeremy. That stuffed cat is horrible. Over all I like the color scheme, but it does lack natural light. The countertop in the kitchen is really awful though. I think we have a very similar print/color on the one in our current rental and it is just ick.

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, Thorns said:

What shall we call the Kitty God? 

Bob the bobcat of course!  ;)  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Is it staged, or is their decor really that boring? That’s a fuckton of mugs in the dining room. It’s interesting that Jeremy seems to be trying to sell without a realtor. I wonder what the story of the taxidermy bobcat is. No sign of Rufus.

• Upvote 7

I doubt it’s “staged” in the sense that they’d hire a person to come in and put new furniture in, especially considering it looks like they’re trying to sell without a realtor. Plus, I recognize some things like the Starbucks coffee cup wall from other photos/the show. That being said, they probably have removed certain furniture, decor, and other items to make the house photograph and show better. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

21 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

Sure, where you live.  I can find places in Victoria for less than $AU199,900 e.g.  https://www.domain.com.au/47-isabella-street-shepparton-vic-3630-2015154939 . Definately not as nice though!

If we convert to current AUD then it would be $AU286,090.85 in which case we have https://www.domain.com.au/171-balaclava-road-shepparton-vic-3630-2014993297 which is in a similar area.

No idea on what the flooding situtation is like there though. I'm sure I could find other places as well...

I don't live in Shepparton. I just didn't post the city I live in. Victoria is the state. ?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I didn't realize how much Jinger really resembled Michelle until this recent side-by-side photo! Wow! I still think Jinger looks the least like any of her siblings... the rest of them all seem to resemble each other quite a bit, and while I can see bits and pieces with Jinger, she just has a completely different look overall to me. I know that's weird. But WOW, she really looks like her mom here. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic