IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

On 4/21/2019 at 3:14 PM, SassyPants said:

Are you married and do you have kids? There is no way I could read, watch tv, work, maintain a marriage, game/internet, social media, raise kids and  have a social life, simultaneously. Even now, retired and as a married empty nester, I can’t  Netflix, read and Internet. There’s just not enough time, especially if you factor in sleeping.

I do. I can. Not simultaneously of course: I do it all, just not all at the same time. ?

OK, maybe light on the TV, I don't really watch TV, but I am a movie junkie. I also limit my internet time, specifically, the time I spend making judgmental comments about people I don't know on the internet. ❤️

• Upvote 12

On 4/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, Sullie06 said:

Hey if you can do it, nothing wrong there. Just don't be like my in-laws. My sister in law and brother in law are in their mid 30s and have zero internet access. They do not have internet in their home and they only have TracPhone flip phones for cellular. By choice. They always act so self righteous because they are not "slaves to technology" like we are. But I have to laugh because they always seem to show up at our house (30 minutes away) with their IPad whenever they need to "breakdown" and use the internet, and it's often :annoyed: . Also my poor sister-in-law recently was up for a really good job but was not a candidate because she failed the typing requirement. 

OMG that is extreme. No we are not that crazy, just cheap, though the same age range. I still don't have a plan with internet, but Mr. Outta does. I would be so lost without the internet. I love technology, I will happily be it's slave (for a reasonable price ;) ). The typing bit is really sad. She should have still learned that in school right? I am amazed that don't bother to teach that anymore and am forever hounding Little Outta that he has to learn to type properly.

• Upvote 2

my only cousin who lives in this country is the opposite of me. Where as I am generous with myself and others, she doesn't have a tv, she doesn't have the internet, she has josh's flip phone...she doesn't have a normal life. She saves every penny to the point it's not healthy.  And because of the stress she puts herself under with saving she got diabetes.   She doesn't invite my parents her aunt and uncle for dinner, nothing. She won't share. She won't grow. 

Essentially she is a bully.  She doesn't share. Growing up as young adults when we were given the same thing she would use mine or eat mine. It came to such a head that we don't speak because as an adult of how is she over 50 she thinks how she acts is normal? 

I can only imagine how she is at work? 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

She sounds like she has major issues that require either therapy medication or both actually. 

who my cousin? Yes therapy would be good for her. Lots of it. 

• Upvote 4

Hey...I need to apologize for my earlier snarkiness in the thread! Bad, hot, dishes filled day!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

OMG that is extreme. No we are not that crazy, just cheap, though the same age range. I still don't have a plan with internet, but Mr. Outta does. I would be so lost without the internet. I love technology, I will happily be it's slave (for a reasonable price ;) ). The typing bit is really sad. She should have still learned that in school right? I am amazed that don't bother to teach that anymore and am forever hounding Little Outta that he has to learn to type properly.

My brother in law thinks that it makes him cool or gives him some special bragging rights at family functions. He talks about it ALL the time and I want to just burst his bubble and be like "Hey, tell them how you drove down to our house in the snow last weekend to so you could look something up on the internet and order such and such from Cabela's website. Cool huh." but I usually just ignore him when he gets going. They went on vacation last month and my mother in law had to buy their plane tickets and make their lodging arrangements because they couldn't figure out how to use the website. 

Our high school (graduated in 2001) offered typing as an elective. It was also a non-credited mini class you could take in at the college we went to. It's really a good skill to have.  I chose to take it, she did not. She should have. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Pet peeve but it’s so annoying when people confuse plural and possessive!! It’s moms not mom’s

I’ve noticed people making mistakes like that all the time lately. One that specifically triggers me is “Merry Christmas from the (Vuolo’s)” (insert any last name there)

Also, This. I mean, Donut’s? Really?!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

37 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Pet peeve but it’s so annoying when people confuse plural and possessive!! It’s moms not mom’s

I’ve noticed people making mistakes like that all the time lately. One that specifically triggers me is “Merry Christmas from the (Vuolo’s)” (insert any last name there)

Also, This. I mean, Donut’s? Really?!

In Jinger’s brief defense, this time it could just be a case of autocorrect and not realizing it. That happens to me a lot and I’ve had to go back and fix too many comments on here to count because of it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

In Jinger’s brief defense, this time it could just be a case of autocorrect and not realizing it. That happens to me a lot and I’ve had to go back and fix too many comments on here to count because of it. 

I have sent out texts and only saw an autocorrect error after I hit send. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 4/19/2019 at 12:36 PM, Bobology said:

I

On 4/19/2019 at 7:04 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Potties are gross. Just get the seat that sits on the regular toilet and a stool.  Lol

I didn't even entertain the thought of a pottie. I was eager to see my shit cleaning days go away

When Wychling was being potty trained, she had a doll that had its own potty and appeared to pee in it.   

I probably would have stood on my head and spouted nickels if that made her use the potty.  I 'd rather clean a potty than keep buying diapers.

• Upvote 5

The difference between Jinger's  photos and say Joy or Jessa's you just know Jinger took 15 different photos and spent 30 minutes finding just the right filters before posting, it seems so staged to me, the photo is, too perfect. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

whenever I fall asleep dehydrated I have f'd up dreams. well guys this is a doozy:

I dreamed Jermagesty was secretly a heroin addict and on a bender got his face tattooed with a Bible verse and then he broke down sobbing and I was like well you can't work at Grace church now and I was counseling him on how to be a better father and Jinger was on the fringes wearing her easter flower maxi and jean jacket. 

I can't believe the free jinger dream finally happened to me ahhhh

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

whenever I fall asleep dehydrated I have f'd up dreams. well guys this is a doozy:

I dreamed Jermagesty was secretly a heroin addict and on a bender got his face tattooed with a Bible verse and then he broke down sobbing and I was like well you can't work at Grace church now and I was counseling him on how to be a better father and Jinger was on the fringes wearing her easter flower maxi and jean jacket. 

I can't believe the free jinger dream finally happened to me ahhhh

can i just say i love this dream. 

and let's add that michelle was wearing pants. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The difference between Jinger's  photos and say Joy or Jessa's you just know Jinger took 15 different photos and spent 30 minutes finding just the right filters before posting, it seems so staged to me, the photo is, too perfect. 

I would so much rather this than what my cousin does. She takes 15 of the same photo (all terrible) and then posts all of them. Half of them are blurry, another bunch are terrible lighting or her daughter is not looking, basically the ones most people would look at and be like "yeah no, lets not post this one, rather the other". Like for Easter she posted 40 photos, if you take out the five of the baby looking for Easter eggs, then the leftovers were just 15 of the three of them posing for a family photo (one would have been enough), three mirror selfies at the persons house of her in her dress (again, one would have been enough) and I forget the 3 pose, but it was just multiple of that too. AAAHHHHHHH sorry I needed to vent that. :)

• Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

I would so much rather this than what my cousin does. She takes 15 of the same photo (all terrible) and then posts all of them. Half of them are blurry, another bunch are terrible lighting or her daughter is not looking, basically the ones most people would look at and be like "yeah no, lets not post this one, rather the other". Like for Easter she posted 40 photos, if you take out the five of the baby looking for Easter eggs, then the leftovers were just 15 of the three of them posing for a family photo (one would have been enough), three mirror selfies at the persons house of her in her dress (again, one would have been enough) and I forget the 3 pose, but it was just multiple of that too. AAAHHHHHHH sorry I needed to vent that. :)

Or like my mother does posts 7 photos all of her thumb and 1 video of her feet going how do you take a picture with this stupid thing. 

• Haha 23

I would absolutely wear Felicity's outfit if it came in my size.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Jinger will be the social media influencer long after the Duggar tv shows end and the others are mostly forgotten, purely on her photograph quality. And an awareness of branding as 'just a stylish pastor and his wife who are so in love with each other and their life!' The brand is most valuable in the context of Grace Church-goers seeing them as up and coming new leadership but also I think Jinger will gradually have more partnerships with clothing companies or kids products (nothing too commercial). It's weird to see ... wonder how their kids will or won't use social media. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

We have a television but almost never watch it. It's not my husband's or my kind of thing to watch tv. I replace that vice with too much time on the internet, unfortunately. We consequently don't have cable or any streaming service but Amazon and that's because it's included with Prime. If I really want to watch something I'll turn on Netflix for a while or I'll use my dad's login for cable streaming. At the beginning of the year I deleted all my social media after taking it off my phone for a while and realizing I didn't want it back. It feels so much better, I can't explain it.

I don't like my kids to watch too much TV. I save it for those times I don't feel great, or the toddler is super cranky and is making my eye twitch, or is being mean to his little brother. As for time in the restaurants (I admittedly don't eat out much anymore) I used to keep a full box of club crackers in the diaper bag to entertain him while we all waited for food. Lately though, I've just been bringing all his dinner and snacks with me and just work up to the main course with like feeding him applesauce or a banana and then give him his dinner when the food comes. That said, I don't care if I see a parent give their kid some kind of entertainment that allows the parents to enjoy themselves while eating. It gets boring for kids just sitting there* and stressful for parents too. 

I've turned the internet off my phone a few times just because I wanted to unplug. I've gone into the parental controls on my phone and shut off things I didn't want to use. On Apple, the entire Safari app will disappear if you turn it off. I have my husband create a password I don't know and it gives me a break. Yeah, it doesn't give me an exercise in self control, but I'm weak truly, and if I'm wanting him to cut it off for me, it's because I need to force myself to stop compulsively grabbing my phone to entertain me. At one point I tried putting IG on my husband's phone, but I just kept stealing his phone and he found that really annoying (I would have too). Similarly, I'll send food with him to work - like leftover cake for example - that I know I don't want to eat because then it's just not there. Toddler had a bunch of Easter candy last week and I poured all that junk in a bag and sent it to his work for him to put in their kitchen there. Not in the house, not tempting me! 

*I agree that the overuse of tablets with kids is a little disturbing. On more than one occasion in the past year or so, I've seen a young teen out with their parents/grandparents and they've got the tablet with these giant headphones plugged in. I saw a girl eating with her grandmother alone and was paying absolutely no attention to her. She got up and went to the bathroom and was gone so long her grandmother had to go get her (I was in RR too changing a diaper). The other instance was in a department store at Christmas and also with a grandmother, she was trying desperately to get the boy's attention to tell him Santa was in the store. It took a while and he was excited about Santa once she got him to pull off his headphones, but geez. I think that's the real reason I'm really limiting screen time with my two. I'm a little concerned about them ever reaching that level of obsession with technology. Also why I'm working on unplugging more myself - because honestly if I'm so addicted to the internet/social media, how can I expect them to be different as they're seeing my example? Additionally, every handout I get from the pedi suggests again and again not giving them too much technology/screen time. 

• Upvote 13

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:37 AM, Smee said:

I go through phases of reading in every minute of spare time but not watching tv for days, and binge-watching shows where I’ll spend hours in front of the tv but not pick up a new book for a week. Same happens with my creative outlets: right now I’ve been writing lots and am only a few chapters from the end of my current WIP, but I haven’t sewn anything in months or done any drawing since last year. In winter I play soccer, in summer I swim. You can fit a lot in life if you don’t try to do it all at once.

I do also have the benefit of a husband who doesn’t think childcare and cleaning are 100% my responsibility, so, y’know... there’s more free time in my life as a mother of 3 than I bet the married Duggar girls get.

End the mommy-shaming! Resume the fundie-shaming!

I go through phases too. Some days or weeks I'll be writing like crazy, then it gone and I'm reading a lot like crazy, then switch to binge watching movies or TV shows. Then its music for a few days. Its almost like a switch that turns on and off.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic