IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

2 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Is it just me or is that a hideously unflattering photo? Normally I find all 4 of them nice enough looking, but aside from Kendra, they do not look good to me here.

No, I agree with you. Kendra looks fantastic, the rest look like balls. And Jinger's outfit doesn't match. 

• Upvote 4

It might just be the camera angle but Jeremy's feet look so tiny in that pic ? Does that mean his *ahem* ~other appendage~ is tiny too?

• Haha 17

23 hours ago, Markie said:

Jer tries to ask Jinger what is on her heart each night before they go to sleep.  

I had to work really late last night & didn't get to eat supper.  When I got home, I shoved about 1,000,000 Cheez-Its into my mouth.  All I could think of reading this was that last night, had my husband asked me what was on my heart, I would have had to say 1,000,000 Cheez-Its.

• Haha 35

I actually like Jinger's top and skirt combo, but am not sure how I feel about her shoes. Props to Jinger for wearing a fitted skirt in a bright colour. Rock that eyetrap, girlfriend!

As for Jeremy, he looks like a pompous ass. Something about him in this picture reminds me of a sociopath I dated years ago (worst relationship ever).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

i saw on fb where someone had posted a link to the podcast and it was titled “prioritizing your marriage as new parents in the public eye.” Holy qualifiers, Batman! How unrelatable and ridiculously specific of a topic - as if any of their listeners can specifically relate to being married with a new baby AND being famous all at the same time. I just thought that was such a funny title. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6

Glad to see that Jing gets to still see Joe sometimes.  I always wondered why JinJer and JoKen were never seen double-dating. Well, I guess I do get it.  Joe and Jeremy don't exactly seem like they'd bro it up very well, plus distance, plus pregnancies.  Still, Jing always seemed so close to Joe.  

Jeremy's cell phone policies remind me of Sierra intentionally giving up her iPhone for a low tech phone.  I get doing it because you realize you need to cool it on the screen time/social media.  Some how it rubs me the wrong way though.

Also, does Jing have restrictions?  Does Jeremy check up on her web history? 

• Upvote 9

I would totally give up my phone if I didn't need it for work and stuff. I'm getting really sick of social media. So I'm trying to cut down on screen time.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

Glad to see that Jing gets to still see Joe sometimes.  I always wondered why JinJer and JoKen were never seen double-dating. Well, I guess I do get it.  Joe and Jeremy don't exactly seem like they'd bro it up very well, plus distance, plus pregnancies.  Still, Jing always seemed so close to Joe.  

I get the feeling that, with Joe and Kendra, what you see is what you get. Jeremy is all about his pretentious image.

Also, there's quite an age difference between Jeremy and Kendra. He probably feels like he has little in common with her, so JoKen isn't his first choice to hang out with.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

New marriage practices? I'm interested!  Tell me more!

I went to college in a Mennonite area that had the whole spectrum of religious practice, from horse-and-buggy through to black-car-and-headcoverings to modern-social-justice Mennonites. Many of my modern Mennonite friends had grandparents or other relatives who were more traditional and everyone stayed super friendly.  My guess is it made it much more possible for people to adjust their beliefs and practice when others had done the same before them.

My husbands family is Mennonite and for the most part- you'd never know anything different about them. But then - they aren't Old Colony Mennonites. They were all raised that way - and I think his mom would be more comfortable there but all her kids (except a few) go to the Newer Church so she goes there. 

We did go to an Old Colony funeral once - and I have never felt more unwelcome in a church in my entire life. The men and women sat separately - but Hubs, me, his sister and her husband sat at the back together. I was wearing black slacks, a gray sweater set - very formal and proper. 
The minister got up - the entire service except for a little bit - was in Low German. And I guess he said something about how he didn't want to do any of the service in English but the family was going to force him to. So he basically said one prayer and the rest was in German.

All the women (and a fair number of men) were giving us the evil eye. 

But the Old Colony Mennonites kind of scare me - they don't seem all that friendly at all. I'm assuming they all have cell phones and cars etc - because why wouldn't they. 

And we did have an Amish family on the island where we have the cottage. The NICEST people ever! Made the best pies and were super friendly. We have a parade every year and the husband took his horse and buggy in it - and the parade ends at the winery. He had no problem with that - and took kids for a spin in the buggy. Just a nice family. But they had a trailer and they had a radar system in the trailer for weather tracking (they worked on a organic farm). 

• Upvote 13

I deleted the facebook app from my phone last time I ran out of space. (Moving my photos to somewhere else is apparently not an option for me. What if I want to know what we ate seven months ago or look at a blurry photo of Miniway when he was two?)

I just check facebook on safari instead and on my phone safari is one of the apps you can not delete so I call bulls**t on Jeremy and his two-app phone without temptation. I’m sure he is clever enough to log in without the actual app. He can even do it in the private mode and Jinger would never know. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

23 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Does he have a plan that is talk and text only? Thats annoying for when messages go through easier on internet connection.

Who lives without internet connection without google maps etc?

Do I smell bullshit?

I'll let my secret out: I have a super old cell phone with no internet connection, but can still text and take (very fuzzy) photos. I look up directions to things before I go anywhere. It actually seems to have better reception than a lot of smartphones. I don't do this for purity reasons but because I think having the internet with you at all times can be ADD poison (well, it would be for me at least). 

Also, my phone bill is $24 a month. :)

As for what to do during down time like on the bus or waiting in line--Be in the moment? Brainstorm a problem you're dealing with? Read a book? Be with your thoughts? It makes me sad that people now treat this as some crisis situation. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

I just check facebook on safari instead and on my phone safari is one of the apps you can not delete so I call bulls**t on Jeremy and his two-app phone without temptation. I’m sure he is clever enough to log in without the actual app. He can even do it in the private mode and Jinger would never know. 

Yeah, see, that's the thing... He can give her a false sense of security that she is "keeping him from temptation" with this stupid AirDrop system but at the end of the day it's not a replacement for, ya know, regular old self control.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I actually like Jinger's top and skirt combo, but am not sure how I feel about her shoes. Props to Jinger for wearing a fitted skirt in a bright colour. Rock that eyetrap, girlfriend!

As for Jeremy, he looks like a pompous ass. Something about him in this picture reminds me of a sociopath I dated years ago (worst relationship ever).

I wonder if he thinks Tucker Carlson is the epitome of a classy dresser?  He is certainly as dick-ish.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

@nausicaa I still only have a 35 dollar a month phone plan. It’s my cheapest bill. I liked my old dumbish phone just fine. But, being in the city with no car, I did need the transit app...like, when that went down and my route or plans changed that was an issue. Knowing what time bus routes and stuff end is critical when you live at the end of the line. I did spend a lot of time with earbuds or just earplugs (if i grew sick of pandora - cause that was the only music I had availble) staring out the window. Couldn’t even look at fj.

Social media can fuck itself. 

Books, music, and better photo taking ability on my phone lighten my daily load and back strain. 

And Pokemon Go should help me now, with life, I think. :) 

So - I have come around on the idea of this particular phone. I had to wait till the literal end of the last one.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I like Jinger's outfit a lot.  I'd choose nude pumps, personally.  Jeremy's shoes and socks on the other hand are making me irrationality stabby. ?

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I deleted the facebook app from my phone last time I ran out of space. (Moving my photos to somewhere else is apparently not an option for me. What if I want to know what we ate seven months ago or look at a blurry photo of Miniway when he was two?)

You can’t delete it, but you can set the parental controls with so that it can’t be accessed without a passcode. So it’s possible he had Jinger set it up that way. But, still, this whole Instagram airdrop thing does sound pretty convoluted and ridiculous. 

Does Jinger have log in and out of Instagram in order to post both his things and then her own things? How annoying that would be. (Clearly I have just solidified my millennial-ness ?)

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

You can link multiple Instagram accounts and switch between them very easily - no logging out required! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Not at all the point of the conversation, but your phone bills are so expensive?. Mine is 10£/month (including more data than I can use). 

I do worry about how much time I spend on a screen sometimes, I know it isn't great for my mental health to spend hours watching random youtube videos for example. I also know it has been designed to be addictive. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, medimus said:

Not at all the point of the conversation, but your phone bills are so expensive?. Mine is 10£/month (including more data than I can use).

The cost of phone plans really varies a lot between countries. In Germany, my phone plan with a major carrier cost 20 euros per month, and it included everything (unlimited calls, texts, and more data than I ever used). If I'd gone through one of the discount providers like Aldi talk, it would have only been something like 10 euros.

Here in the US, we're on a family plan and it's still $35 per person. My individual plan would cost upwards up $45 (easily up to $60 or $70 depending on your carrier).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, JillyO said:

The cost of phone plans really varies a lot between countries. In Germany, my phone plan with a major carrier cost 20 euros per month, and it included everything (unlimited calls, texts, and more data than I ever used). If I'd gone through one of the discount providers like Aldi talk, it would have only been something like 10 euros.

Here in the US, we're on a family plan and it's still $35 per person. My individual plan would cost upwards up $45 (easily up to $60 or $70 depending on your carrier).

Perhaps the EU has something to do with it then. My bill was similar in Belgium.

• Thank You 1

12 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@nausicaa I still only have a 35 dollar a month phone plan. It’s my cheapest bill. I liked my old dumbish phone just fine. But, being in the city with no car, I did need the transit app...like, when that went down and my route or plans changed that was an issue. Knowing what time bus routes and stuff end is critical when you live at the end of the line. I did spend a lot of time with earbuds or just earplugs (if i grew sick of pandora - cause that was the only music I had availble) staring out the window. Couldn’t even look at fj..

Ooh, what's your plan, if you don't mind telling me? The one thing I would like to have is the ability to get directions when I do get lost. But I can't justify spending $80 a month just for that. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic