IGNORED

JinJer 48: California Love

Georgiana

52 minutes ago, MarbleRainbow said:

I recently discovered that the ESV is an explicitly complementarian translation. The translation committee (all men) deliberately chose to make sure that it supports the complementarian view. It's the new trendy version in the fundiegelical circles in my area, so I'm not surprised that's what Jeremy uses.

Oh crap! When I replaced the Revised Standard Version Bible I received on my confirmation and loved, I picked the ESV because it was close to the RSV.

• Upvote 4

I don’t think that he paid for it. I looked at the site he linked and they look like a new husband and wife start-up company doing bible restorations and other bible related projects. It looks like they met Jeremy at one of his many Christian Conferences™️ and they planned a ‘project’ together. He might just be using his ‘star power’ to promote another fundie business. There seems to be a lot of that going around ?‍♀️ Regardless, I doubt he actually paid for a custom bible with super pretentious Greek letter embossing ?

I actually, literally rolled my eyes so hard when I saw this post that it kind of hurt.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Oh crap! When I replaced the Revised Standard Version Bible I received on my confirmation and loved, I picked the ESV because it was close to the RSV.

The NRSV is a good gender-inclusive translation. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I wonder... if one of them is drowning or falling of a cliff and someone from the other sex is offering a hand to help, can they take it? 

Per Orthodox Judaism, yes. Don't know about Muslims.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

So does anyone want to take one for the team and listen to it? I for one would love to hear all about how Jeremy Vuolo protected his purity. ?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 22

Wow I am truly amazed. Audrey and Jeremy found the one way left to make themselves even more insufferable. I didn't think it was possible.

I'd need a new liver to listen to this.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

So does anyone want to take one for the team and listen to it? I for one would love to hear all about how Jeremy Vuolo protected his purity. ?

If one of the  2 apps on Jeremy's phone isn't a Bible App, I will eat my Instagrammable hat

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

There’s not enough alcohol and chocolate available for anyone to make it through this with their sanity intact. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

I was listening while cleaning my bathroom. They all do sound like they believe what they are spouting. Nothing really surprising reveled so far. About half through... 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 13

If I’m hearing this correctly we could have had Perpetua Vuolo if Jeremy was more Ben-like in his naming style. I’m almost sad this didn’t happen. 

Also, the pretentiousness of their naming processes is equally baffling. I always think these folks aren’t this deeply shallow and I am always wrong.  

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Spelling matters
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

I didn’t keep any notes, but here goes what I heard...

Jeremy V said he wanted a wife who loved and followed the word of God. He met Jinger through Ben and Jessa on a mission trip. Was attracted to her and prayed she would be to him as well. Went to JimBob and said he would like to get to know Jinger better and JimBob said, She is amazing, isn’t she? JB said he and Jer should get to know each other better first and they did. Jinger said she was attracted to Jeremy’s love of the Lord and told her mom she didn’t think he would be attracted to her. 

They chose the name Felicity because they wanted something unusual but easy to spell and they like the story of Perpetua and Felicity who converted to Christianity in Roman times. The Roloffs chose Ember because it’s different but familiar to Amber and it’s the centre of the flame or some sort of drivel. 

They talked a lot about having good communication skills and praying with each other and having individual devotions. Having date nights - Vuolos have theirs with Felicity as their family lives far away. Jer tries to ask Jinger what is on her heart each night before they go to sleep. 

Both couples struggled with having their weddings televised. Jeremy V worried he might become too big headed. Both kept some parts private and allowed the weddings to be televised as a ministry. 

Jeremy V doesn’t have internet on his phone. He photo drops pics onto Jingers and posts on Instagram from her phone. Jinger likes her Instant Pot Pressure cooker. Audrey was intrigued. 

Thats all I picked up. Was house cleaning at the same time.

Edited by Markie
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 37

What has Jer todo about Jwremy and jinger courtship? Was he her guardian? I don't get it shouldn't Ben and Jessa be more involved than Jer? I rember also a stupid video jb made with Jer and Jeremy V about I would like to say Jer birthday but i'm not sure and it was so cryngeworty to see...

3 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

What has Jer todo about Jwremy and jinger courtship? Was he her guardian? I don't get it shouldn't Ben and Jessa be more involved than Jer? I rember also a stupid video jb made with Jer and Jeremy V about I would like to say Jer birthday but i'm not sure and it was so cryngeworty to see...

I think @Markie meant Jer as short for Jeremy, not Jeremiah. It confused me too. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/15/2019 at 12:18 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

I just can't even.  I am an atheist, but grew up fairly strict Catholic.  So, yes, I know there is a lot to hate in Catholicism (see previous sentence in which I state that I am an atheist), but one thing I still admire is the rejection of wealth (at least in theory).  I will never understand the idea that God materially rewards the faithful. The thought that Jeremy would buy a custom designed Bible with a special inscription is anathema to me.  That money could have been spent to feed the hungry, buy clothing for the naked, etc (Matthew 25:35).  

On a side note, it is interesting how much my Catholic upbringing still stays with me despite not having been to church for the last 32 years.

Its interesting, I have heard Christians who are anti-Catholic complain that the church has so much money, the Pope lives in luxury..... yet many of these same people accept the Gospel of prosperity. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Sorry for the confusion. Too many Jeremys. JimBob wanted to get to know Jeremy V before allowing him to get to know Jinger. They did. Jeremy got the green light to get to know and court Jinger and now she’s a Vuolo! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Please Rufus let us have a little Miss Perpetua Vuolo in the future!

It sounds like a car: "I think I might trade in my old Toyota Camry for a new Vuolo Perpetua! So much more godly, plus it has a back-up camera"

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 39
  • I Agree 1

There's something very sad about a 31 year old man not being able to have the internet on his phone because otherwise he can't control his temptations. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 25

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

I wonder who controlled Jeremy’s internet use before he married Jinger.

Beansie?

• Haha 18
  • Love 3

I listened to this drivel, the most interesting part was when they talked about social media.

Jeremy has Jinger gatekeep his social media usage because he's worried about "temptation." He says he has not had access to the internet on a cell phone for five to six years. He says the temptation of the Internet in your hand is unlike any generation we've lived in before. He wants purity in his thoughts and eyes and doesn't want temptation in his palm 24/7-- so he has the apps on Jinger's phone and then air drops photos for her to post.

This seems like a new level of bizarre to me. I know the Duggars were very restrictive of their children's social media and phone use-- we all remember seeing a teen Duggar or two with the "flip phone of shame," for one thing. But those were kids abiding by their parents' rules. Jeremy is a full-blown adult who was allowed to go to real college and be a freaking soccer player. I don't think we've ever heard of this kind of policy for an adult Duggar or Duggar spouse before. It honestly makes me really sad for Jinger... If they are this adamant that Jeremy, an adult man will cheat or sin in general just from having access to the internet, that's just setting up Jinger for some BS that it was inevitable that he would cheat because he wasn't restricted enough/she wasn't joyfully available enough. There is no trust in a setup like that. I feel like it would create so much suspicion and tension. Just a huge WTF moment for me.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic