IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 10: Nouvelle Cuisine

samurai_sarah

I put on the video and have watched about 2 minutes of it. WTF is happening, is it a church service? (Oh just realized it's Wednesday night, duh). But why record people moving chairs all around? I feel bad for the little girl walking around in the long skirt and there's a dude wearing like athletic pants. Way to enforce those gender roles.

I realized the video is an hour long. Why, Rufus, why? I'll try to recap whatever parts I make it through. Pretty sure a synopsis is-Jesus good, anything besides KJB bad, Trump good. Give money.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, griffin said:

Becky used to use to sell her poprocksy

Poppacrotchkey IIRC

• Haha 17

On 3/24/2019 at 8:51 PM, keepercjr said:

Not to mention choosing Ween over her precious children.  Is she supposed to choose her husband over her kids in their warped religion?  Way to fuck with their mental health Becky.  Even if they have no issues now (their father, stepfather and extended family seem to love and appreciate them very much) I am sure they will as they get older.  They will want to know why their mother chose someone over them. 

Can someone give me a quick rundown of how Becky chose her children over him or point me to a thread.    Did she lose custody?   Was there abuse?  What happened?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, nokidsmom said:

Can someone give me a quick rundown of how Becky chose her children over him or point me to a thread.    Did she lose custody?   Was there abuse?  What happened?

If you go to Bro Gary's website, there's a whole section on adultery and remarriage or something like that where he attempts to defend both he and Becky divorcing and remarrying each other (which, of course, is generally a no-no).  The rest of what we know has been gained in snippets through various facebook posts.

Becky was married to a man who is now married to another man, so that's probably the reason for their divorce. Becky retained custody of her kids for some time while still with Gary, but first the older kids chose to live with their father after a time for unmentioned reasons.  This wasn't super remarkable given Gary's living situation, lots of teens given the opportunity are going to choose to live in a real house where they can stay put and go to school.  Eventually, ALL of Becky's kids went to live with her husband.  We don't really have further details on why, but Gary did make a complaining post about how Becky's ex was not allowing them to reschedule time with the kids to fit around Gary and Becky's travel schedule.  This post made it clear that Becky is only awarded a few hours contact with her kids AND that this contact is likely supervised.  

There's no direct evidence that Gary himself was the issue, though with his beliefs and criminal record, it's highly likely he was a good chunk of it.  However, every time Becky chooses to go on the road with Gary instead of being around to take advantage of what little time she has with her kids, she chooses Gary over them.  Probably the REASON she is awarded so little time with her kids is because she refuses to make them a priority, and courts will take time away from a parent who do not make their kids a priority so they can award that time to the parent who does.  So every time she skips a call or visit, she's not only further eroding her connection with her kids, she's ensuring that in the future, she will have LESS time with them.

Not only that, Becky, as a former nurse, has decent earning potential. But now she's a stay in RV wife (or whatever you want to call her) for a man who gets his salary from a KFC bucket.  She's not paying anything close to the actual costs of supporting her kids.  She COULD be, but once again, she's choosing to be with Weenie Gravy rather than doing her parental duty to support her kids.  

She basically chose him over them.  She COULD have, when this all began, addressed the problem by leaving Gary, getting a place that the kids could come visit, staying put, and working.  If she did that, she might still have primary over the younger two and likely would have at least weekends with the elder ones.  But she chose Gary.  Whatever ELSE might have contributed, and I do think there are things we don't know but it's inappropriate to speculate, she chose Gary when she chose to continue this insane lifestyle rather than do right by her kids.  

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 3

Thank you for that post, @Georgiana. I enjoy making fun of how ridiculous Bro Gary is and I sometimes forget just what awful people both he and Becky really are. I have zero patience or sympathy for anyone who chooses a significant other over their own children.

My kid's birth mom is like that. She chose her pervy drug addict boyfriend over her kids. He supposedly molested one of them but she moved the kids in with him anyway. This was after the kids were in foster care for a year, and she was ordered to stay away from him. She did what she needed to do, she's clean so they gave the kids back. Now they all live together and she's trying to adopt his daughter. Mind you, the majority of her kids live with other people. She only has the youngest two. Ugh. It's so frustrating!! Sorry, rant over.

• Sad 13

23 hours ago, Georgiana said:

stay in RV wife (or whatever you want to call her) for a man who gets his salary from a KFC bucket.

"Stay-in-RV wife for a man who gets his salary from a KFC bucket" would make a great post count title.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

The "church" was his home church, aka literally in his parents' home.  I only watched 5 min (maybe will have time later) but Becky asked them to pray for her visit with her kids this weekend.  It sounds like some of his nieces and nephews attend actual school from hearing the prayer requests. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, keepercjr said:

Gary is saved and doesn’t want to see your nakedness!

B3CD274B-F5B3-46FB-BC5D-F5E25FAF5B92.jpeg

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this, he's so far out there!  Also, Mr. Briefly is saved and he doesn't mind at all seeing nakedness.  He told me so while we were making dinner tonight.  :)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, keepercjr said:

Is "loser" a cuss word?  How about "idiot"?

• Upvote 5

image.png.b8a0a9b4575f0ddd4b3c9bb710832e9b.png

Gary, if you want to be protected from seeing what you consider "un God stuff," you need to have the same consideration for others. As far as I'm concerned (to put it in language you will understand):

Spoiler

87417077_unGodpinkweens.jpg.f0cadafc316c8e8c976107b5da73454f.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

"Defriend" -- he has the intelligence of a water lily.

At least water lilies are pretty. Even if he wasn’t handicapped by being, you know, dead, Monet wouldn’t be doing any paintings of Bro Gary. 

Edited by Lillymuffin
He’s no oil painting
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Our dishwasher is broken so hubby washed and I dried the huge pile of dishes in the sink.. and listened to his home church preaching.  

The first 15 min is truly awful singing.  I mean terrible.  Eventually Gary starts taking.  It is ridiculous because it is basically the same preaching he does everywhere else but the only people in attendance here is his own family.  His parents, siblings and their kids.  He rambles on about men wanting to go into a woman’s bathroom and vice Versa.  He said that he has been “told many a time that I don’t work” but hey he is just doing what god told him to do.  Hell blah blah blah.

wash rinse and repeat sermon.  As always I feel bad for the children in attendance.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9

I tried to watc. I couldn't get last the funeral surged call for prayer requess. "Eeennneee body else"

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, keepercjr said:

All right, do y'all post nakedness on your Facebook accounts? Is that something people do? I don't but maybe I've been missing out. Maybe I need to look into it but at the same time,  I don't want to be defriended by no one. 

• Haha 16

8 hours ago, PumaLover said:

All right, do y'all post nakedness on your Facebook accounts? Is that something people do?

Here are some beautiful nudes I saw on the Internet (SFW, I promise):

Spoiler

image.png.bb80dc66ad4205bdbf9d38598a50043f.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.02648bd354e50ebe849fa3833f338aa0.png

Spoiler

image.png.6150e1c025012b0e657b4a349ac50d2c.png

Spoiler

image.png.e414af24d6bdb1bf7757dc46036489fb.png

Edited by thoughtful
edited to get rid of failed upload icon
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 15

Please excuse the crazy words on my last post.  I was typing on the Kindle and it tends to use words that don't work in context.  

Gary, you give Baptist preachers from the south a bad name.  Your life would be much less stressful if you found a place to live and got a real job and quit leeching off of people who have very little resources themselves.  You could still take your circus on the road on the weekends.  Y'all prayed for Becky's visitation.  God helps those who help themselves.  It's not Satan that causes your problems -- it's your own ignorance and laziness. 

I know it's been mentioned about Becky having a nursing license.  It's probably been lapsed for several years, so she would have to comply with these requirements of the SC Board of Nursing:

Reinstatement from lapsed or inactive status of five years or less requires documented evidence of at least one of the following within the preceding two years:

1. completion of thirty contact hours from a continuing education provider recognized by the board and successful completion of a course in legal aspects approved by the board;

2. maintenance of certification or re-certification by a national certifying body recognized by the board;

3. completion of an academic program of study in nursing or a related field recognized by the board;

4. verification of competency and the number of hours practiced in another jurisdiction where authorized to practice, as evidenced by employer certification on a form approved by the board; or

5. successful completion of a refresher course approved by the board.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 7

19 hours ago, keepercjr said:

That’s OK Bro, I don’t particularly want to see yours, either.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 14

10 hours ago, PumaLover said:

All right, do y'all post nakedness on your Facebook accounts?

It wasn't me!!!  ?

I wonder if the rest of Gary's family is like him, or is he like John Shrader, and they prefer to have him far, far away? 

• Upvote 8

19 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

It wasn't me!!!  ?

I wonder if the rest of Gary's family is like him, or is he like John Shrader, and they prefer to have him far, far away? 

If they are even halfway normal folks- I’m going to guess they like him far, far away.

So far away, that middle of the night phone calls, asking for a tow or a jump start- aren’t a possibility.

And any church invite would be too far away to attend. ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Here are some beautiful nudes I saw on the Internet (SFW, I promise):

Hide contents

image.png.bb80dc66ad4205bdbf9d38598a50043f.png

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.02648bd354e50ebe849fa3833f338aa0.png

Hide contents

image.png.6150e1c025012b0e657b4a349ac50d2c.png

Hide contents

image.png.e414af24d6bdb1bf7757dc46036489fb.png

I don’t know, @thoughtful, that third one was pretty racy. :goldfish:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Gary, you give Baptist preachers from the south a bad name.  Your life would be much less stressful if you found a place to live and got a real job and quit leeching off of people who have very little resources themselves.  You could still take your circus on the road on the weekends.  Y'all prayed for Becky's visitation.  God helps those who help themselves.  It's not Satan that causes your problems -- it's your own ignorance and laziness. 

He did mention in that latest home church preaching video that he could start a church in a week.  But that ain't what God called him to do!  I think he is lazy and doesn't want any real responsibilities.  He can show up, get food and some love offerings and do a little bit of an outline for his preaching and done!  He has no responsibility for the parishioners or a building or whatever.  Becky does the homeschooling and "musical" stuff and probably most everything else except for preaching.  And she chooses all that over her kids.. a damn shame. 

29 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

It wasn't me!!!  ?

No they don't seem to mind him as far as I can tell.  He stays with his parents when not on the road and was preaching in their living room for his home church.  They are all believe the same crap he does.  Except that it seems at least his brother works a real job and the brother's wife works too as a school bus driver!  His one sister is a stay at home mom and I don't know what her husband does.  There was another sister I didn't know about before and I don't know what her family structure is like. It does seem she is not like the others and her kids sure aren't.  She has a son who is married and they are probably everything Gary preaches against.  They dont seem to be shunned though.  And they seem to live on the North Carolina coast instead of further inland like the rest of the Hawkins family.  Better for them to be further away! 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I just saw a Jesus Mobile down in our city!! Mr. Puma caught up so I could take pics. I posted them in Real Life Fundie Encounters. There was a verse from Revelation on the back window and Jesus scribblings all around the car. On the back bumper it said, "support missionaries."

I told Mr. Puma that if Bro had a working vee-hickle he would probably do this, but only from the KJV of course. (Oh and a few MAGA stickers.)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Destiny locked this topic