IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 10: Nouvelle Cuisine

samurai_sarah

@PumaLover a lot is going to depend on what flavour or Christian she is, my experience being say nothing and don’t change who you are to please people because that always backfires.  And you should see my house, I keep it really clean but I have a lot of really different stuff, crystals, native art, dragons, 1 witch, scary masks,candles and you got the picture. This is my house if you don’t like it get out, and people did but in the long run I get to be me.  I know you live in a small town, like me, in the maintains ? and it’s important to get along but not everyone is going to like you and that’s ok cause you probably won’t like them right back. Maybe just tell her you have no religion and if she tries to convert you I would dump her ass, nobody’s going to change to accommodate you, so why should you change for her.  I don’t like her already for making you feel this way .  Good luck, I hope whatever happens is gentle. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

14 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

OK Folks, I asked Mr Kool if he hung left or right.  He said we are a very sick group of people and he has no idea how it’s hangin’.  ?

My practice husband used to say, "Hang to the left, limp and loose, ready for use or instant abuse!"

• WTF 1
  • Haha 8

17 hours ago, Flossie said:

I first heard of hanging to the right or the left when watching "Samurai Tailor" on SNL back in 1976:

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15814319

I completely forgot about that!  That was so funny.  Belushi had his demons to deal with, but he was brilliant in his own way.

I don't mean to derail this thread, I just appreciate the memory.  I don't care to find out which direction Gary might go.

Edited by Briefly
Hit enter too soon.
  • Upvote 6

Thanks so much for the advice. I definitely won't change who I am to please anyone. Those days are far behind me, and getting over that was what brought me to FJ. Being on here has been very healing!

The more she sees what I post on Facebook, she'll probably figure it out. Hopefully we can still get along, and just not discuss religion or politics. My husband is a Trump supporter so I don't talk politics with him, either!

Speaking of Trump, I have to show you guys what I bought for my husband the other night!! It's a new toy for the pool. ?

TrumpDuck.png

• Haha 21

12 hours ago, Briefly said:

I completely forgot about that!  That was so funny.  Belushi had his demons to deal with, but he was brilliant in his own way.

I don't mean to derail this thread, I just appreciate the memory.  I don't care to find out which direction Gary might go.

Sorry to continue the hijack, but I’ve always loved Samurai Delicatessen.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

OK Folks, Bro is bigly upset at the worldly churches again but it seems he’s being schooled by a pastor with some sense.

Spoiler

C3C3DD04-D39F-4979-B4DF-0219D99BA571.thumb.jpeg.d05cf8051a1e1f6de21a0ee7080586ed.jpeg

Spoiler

681D93E8-F235-4B08-831B-6B353DD74C18.jpeg.edf126b7fdbb604f0c77dec877f1ca89.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 10

here is the full convo @Don'tlikekoolaid  posted about.  Gary sure is feeling sensitive!  I had a laugh that Gary said he was talking about “religious movies” when he said “the so call show’s of today make a mocked of god”.  Straight up pure weenese.

Spoiler

469A64A5-5A64-460A-8ED5-9BDE150F7091.thumb.jpeg.df01a34867716bc25c048e5ac80ba705.jpeg6BC79D83-64F0-4FE0-8729-FB28E49FEAC7.thumb.jpeg.c6d4eba131f1b0b572eff23d15ae3fa4.jpeg7BAC9B73-076C-4668-B5BA-A26127C6128D.thumb.jpeg.48d7dbf17bc74111e5f50fac2eee1db3.jpeg6C33C012-B0A2-41EF-AC4A-9277AFF4D793.thumb.jpeg.1bac269aac7a20af6595bcb444307013.jpeg

Edit... it is still going on live:

Spoiler

26AB2279-E00D-4BBF-8E21-9347576FC9C2.thumb.jpeg.36348ea3f529d4a0dee7bd46b81a63d8.jpeg

Aaaand now it is all gone!  Glad I screen shot all of it.  Huge LOL  at “prince in the pudding I judge what i see with a fruit”

Edited by keepercjr
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 16

42 minutes ago, Eponine said:

Is " your not my pastor" the fundie equivalent of "you're not my real dad!!!" ?

Absolutely in Gary’s case since his pastor is his dad!

• Haha 10

@keepercjr, thank you for the screenshots! 

"prince in the pudding brother i judge what i see with a fruit"

That is such a perfect example of Weenese! It needs to be printed or embroidered on something; maybe a big bib to keep the pink gravy off one's shirt?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Wow, I feel dumber for having read that. I'm surprised the pastor could even figure out what he was saying because I sure couldn't and I thought I was somewhat fluent in weenese.

What is a bk church? A black church? I couldn't figure that part out. 

And this is a huge pet peeve of mine-I can't stand when people mix up women and woman! "A women" was mentioned at least a couple times in that exchange, by Bro and someone else.

That said, I like Pastor Jeff Walters. He has some sense. I wonder why he follows Bro and I wonder how soon he'll be blocked.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Wait, he says the world is "getting churchy" and trying to be religious as if those are bad things?  Or is it bad because they aren't doing it right?  And how does the world trying to be religious fit with God being kicked out of schools and courtrooms?  Gary's trains of thought tend to be dollar-store toy trains in the first place, but I think this one jumped the plastic tracks.

Anyway, I wonder if the prince in the pudding is somehow related to the demon in the bean can.  I feel like we could construct a whole mythos of fundie critters.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

WHAT IN THE EVER LOVING FUCK WAS THAT??? I consider myself fairly fluent in Weenese and I was thoroughly flummoxed by a good portion of that. And, Bro Gary is a Grade A Asshole. I’m not saved because I wear pants to church? Okaaaayyyy... :bangheaddesk:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

“prince in the pudding I judge what i see with a fruit”

okay folks who are fluent in weenese...wtaf is this about?

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

I am pretty sure he was saying something along the lines of "the proof is in the pudding and I judge what I see by the fruits that person bears".  He couldn't stand that pastor calling him out and claimed he doesn't preach on sin and basically called him a fraud in weenese.  I

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Wild guess, but I think it might be autocorrect-ese for something like "the proof is in the pudding" and Gary judges trees by their fruit/people by their churchwear.  I imagine being contradicted and called out reduced him to a state of sputtering indignation, making him even less coherent than usual.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

43 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@keepercjr, thank you for the screenshots! 

"prince in the pudding brother i judge what i see with a fruit"

That is such a perfect example of Weenese! It needs to be printed or embroidered on something; maybe a big bib to keep the pink gravy off one's shirt?

12 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

I will be happy to do a cross stitch sampler of this!  I’ve been wanting to do a craft project, and this could be fun. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

What is a bk church? A black church? I couldn't figure that part out. 

Pretty sure bk stands for Burger King, whose motto is (or at least used to be) "Have it your way"

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:

Pretty sure bk stands for Burger King, whose motto is (or at least used to be) "Have it your way"

Ohhhhhhhh-that makes sense now, thank you! Reading his rants literally makes my brain hurt.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Is it a full moon because it seems like all of the loons are out in full force. Lori with her sex advice, JRod and her GFM, but this exchange takes the prize. Who would want to be associated with an itinerant, illiterate, illogical, lazy, Mooching idiot like GHaw? I am just appalled at how many people use the rationale of doing God’s work to not get a real job.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

You guys have a really astonishing handle on Weenese I applaud you! There is NO WAY I would have figured that out, ever.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

On 4/30/2019 at 10:52 PM, PumaLover said:

OK folks, I hope it's OK that I post something off topic here. I feel like the Bro snarkers "know" each other and I'm comfortable with y'all.

I made a new friend who is a Christian. I'm an atheist. We met in person for the first time tonight and she's so sweet and kind. We do the community kindness rocks, where you paint and hide, and that's how we met. I have a heart for elderly people and when she asked for volunteers to paint rocks to give to our local elderly community, I jumped at the chance. I don't believe in any deity, but I do believe in having a Christ-like spirit (love your neighbor, care for others, help where you can, don't judge, etc.). 

The way she was talking tonight, I feel like she also feels that I'm a believer. (she mentioned liberals and I didn't have the heart to tell her I lean that way on most things.) Do y'all have any ideas on how to gently break it to her that I'm not a Christian, that I believe other things, without being mean? I feel like if I have her over, I have to put away a few things in my house (Beansie included). I'm not normally that kind of person. I'm usually open and out front with things. 

I believe in karma but also don't know how to bring that up to her. I'm a volunteer in our community which is very conservative, despite being in California. A lot of people probably think that I'm a Christian, just because I'm kind and I believe in helping others. I believe in speaking what I believe but at the same time I don't want to offend anyone. 

OMG FJ, Rufus, please help me.

My new coworker is like that or seemed super Christian woth some comments.  I said nothing.  I'm glad I didn't because well, she talks a lot and as we got to know each other she mentioned how she believes all paths lead to God and doesn't think people should judge others spirituality and one doesn't need to declare any faith to be a good person.  Now, that got me talking!  I guess my advice is to let things play out a bit. Be yourself,  because you are awesome!  I understand your dilemma but maybe she's not hard core and you two can forge a friendship despite different world views. Unless she's judgy, racist or hateful,  it just may work out. If she does land up being anything you deem gross, well, Bye Felicia! Who needs it anyhow?  

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, keepercjr said:

here is the full convo @Don'tlikekoolaid  posted about.  Gary sure is feeling sensitive!  I had a laugh that Gary said he was talking about “religious movies” when he said “the so call show’s of today make a mocked of god”.  Straight up pure weenese.

Hide contents

469A64A5-5A64-460A-8ED5-9BDE150F7091.thumb.jpeg.df01a34867716bc25c048e5ac80ba705.jpeg6BC79D83-64F0-4FE0-8729-FB28E49FEAC7.thumb.jpeg.c6d4eba131f1b0b572eff23d15ae3fa4.jpeg7BAC9B73-076C-4668-B5BA-A26127C6128D.thumb.jpeg.48d7dbf17bc74111e5f50fac2eee1db3.jpeg6C33C012-B0A2-41EF-AC4A-9277AFF4D793.thumb.jpeg.1bac269aac7a20af6595bcb444307013.jpeg

Edit... it is still going on live:

Hide contents

26AB2279-E00D-4BBF-8E21-9347576FC9C2.thumb.jpeg.36348ea3f529d4a0dee7bd46b81a63d8.jpeg

Aaaand now it is all gone!  Glad I screen shot all of it.  Huge LOL  at “prince in the pudding I judge what i see with a fruit”

Bro. Ween is being Bro. Dick right now! Wow dude!  He's such an asshole. Go Pastor!  Someone had to say it.  They say you are what you eat and Bro. Dick is a pile of puke. He's shockingly rude. Wow!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

This is the kind of thing that makes me question everything I was raised up with... this tool thinks God is checking a list twice of who wore a suit to church and is oblivious to children starving in war torn countries, people fleeing violence for their lives, the homeless man I passed today... so blind. So ignorant. IF God really only cares about a suit and tie well then I’m in the wrong religion.

Edited by EyesOpen
Fix ridiculous spelling errors
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Destiny locked this topic