IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 10: Nouvelle Cuisine

samurai_sarah

Well they *are* facebook friends!  They may have crossed paths in the past or who knows.  They do kind of travel the same circuit.  If so I hope all of it is live streamed!!

• I Agree 7

5 hours ago, catlady said:

Jill and Becky would get along only if they bought each other’s Plexus and Poppyrocksy*.  And at $5 bucks a pop, *all* of Jill’s kids could afford to Pamper Mama (TM), so she’d rake in a dozen items.  

*I know G&B seem to have given up on the Pocketrocket venture, but it’s my turn on the idle speculation bus :) !  

I'm not sure if I know the pocketrocket story?  Anybody care to enlighten me?  I guess it's something they were going to make/sell/become millionaires from but obviously didn't.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I'm not sure if I know the pocketrocket story?  Anybody care to enlighten me?  I guess it's something they were going to make/sell/become millionaires from but obviously didn't.

G&B were selling Paparazzi Jewelry last year.  This is an MLM company that sells very cheap costume jewelry at $5 a piece.  G&B did some typically bad FB presentations, and GHaw’s written posts were loaded with his classic shitty spelling.  He frequently misspelled Paparazzi, which was particularly bad because this was the company he represented and was trying to sell.  So it turned into a thing here where most of us referred to the name with any four-syllable word that starts with P.  

Similarly, they also sold some manner of toothpaste and GHaw once called it toothpasta.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, catlady said:

GHaw’s written posts were loaded with his classic shitty spelling.  He frequently misspelled Paparazzi, which was particularly bad because this was the company he represented and was trying to sell.

Actually it was in his live videos where he just could not pronounce it.  Becky kept trying to help but it didn't much matter.  His spoken English is about as bad as his written.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

19 hours ago, keepercjr said:

Actually it was in his live videos where he just could not pronounce it.  Becky kept trying to help but it didn't much matter.  His spoken English is about as bad as his written.

Because of Mr. Briefly's dyslexia and my TBI word issues, I try not to judge for spelling or mispronounced words.  But if you are trying to sell something, it's very important to make a good presentation.  Both of yourself and the item you are marketing.  I'm not familiar with the jewelry line, but it doesn't sound like it would be much of a money-maker.  Cheap costume jewelry?  I can get that at Walmart or the Dollar Store. Or a thrift store, for that matter.

• Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Because of Mr. Briefly's dyslexia and my TBI word issues, I try not to judge for spelling or mispronounced words.  But if you are trying to sell something, it's very important to make a good presentation.  Both of yourself and the item you are marketing.  I'm not familiar with the jewelry line, but it doesn't sound like it would be much of a money-maker.  Cheap costume jewelry?  I can get that at Walmart or the Dollar Store. Or a thrift store, for that matter.

Yep, exactly.  They were representing the company, and they couldn’t be bothered to proofread their posts or take a few minutes to learn how to say it correctly for the videos.  How are their customers going to find them if they can’t articulate the name of the brand?  

They might have earned gas or ween money if they didn’t half-ass it so badly.  I don’t remember what their seller’s costs were, but if they hustled they could have moved more product.  

• Upvote 4

Oh please Rufus let the Rods and Hawkinses meet at a tent revival! Jill will have her kids in layers of winter clothes. Becky will record with her phone and unwrap candy. Bro will pass around the KFC bucket. It doesn't get any better than this!!!

In the Popparocksy videos, I kept complaining about how bad the lighting was. They would do it with the lights on behind them and the videos were just awful. As Catlady said, they could have taken five minutes to write down some notes or plan out how they would do their videos, but they didn't. I had secondhand embarrassment for them on several occasions.

Also, because of Bro, I literally write toothpasta now on my shopping lists. I can't even write toothpaste correctly anymore. LOL

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16

I think someone should actually create a dentifrice and name it Toothpasta. Think of the possible flavors -- tomato, fettucine, parmesan, basil pesto. And the slogan:

Spoiler

It's al dente!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 30
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Briefly said:

Cheap costume jewelry?  I can get that at Walmart or the Dollar Store. Or a thrift store, for that matter.

Probably a lot cheaper and without ween breath or total idiocy.

3 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Oh please Rufus let the Rods and Hawkinses meet at a tent revival! Jill will have her kids in layers of winter clothes. Becky will record with her phone and unwrap candy. Bro will pass around the KFC bucket. It doesn't get any better than this!!!

Can they all sing together?  I'd love to see (but not hear) that and watch the place empty out.

• Upvote 9

It wasn’t just the inability to pronounce Paparazzi, it was the fact that they kept umming and aahing, and didn’t seem to have prepared much to say beyond each piece being pretty. I never watched a PoopyFarty video but I gather there wasn’t much description of each piece.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I think someone should actually create a dentifrice and name it Toothpasta. Think of the possible flavors -- tomato, fettucine, parmesan, basil pesto. And the slogan:

Hide contents

It's al dente!

What, no ween flavor? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

On 5/20/2019 at 2:35 AM, PumaLover said:

OMG Becky is unwrapping more fucking candy. Why the fuck has she not figured out how distracting it is!??!

Just wanted to point this little bit out...  maybe Becky knows exactly what she’s doing, and gives zero fucks if it’s distracting or not.  I mean, it’s a Bro Gary video.  She already knows it will be garbage either way.  Why bother waiting to unwrap your candy, Becky, you just go right on ahead and do you.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, smittykins said:

What, no ween flavor? ?

No, for two reasons:

1. It wouldn't fit the theme.

2. Bro Gary would like it, and I don't want to do anything that would make Bro Gary happy, or lead to mental images of him squirting it directly down his gullet.

• Disgust 3
  • Haha 10

9 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

No, for two reasons:

1. It wouldn't fit the theme.

2. Bro Gary would like it, and I don't want to do anything that would make Bro Gary happy, or lead to mental images of him squirting it directly down his gullet.

THANKS FOR THE MENTAL IMAGE:puke-huge:

:brainbleach: ad infinitum 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

THANKS FOR THE MENTAL IMAGE

I'm sorry. Sometimes a person just has to go for the gross-out joke. My inner 12-year-old is very powerful. Here are some images to soothe you (totally non-gross, but also approved by my inner 12-year-old):

• Love 10

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I never watched a PoopyFarty video but I gather there wasn’t much description of each piece.

See nice joory piece money give Bro.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

I love dogs barking at themselves in the mirror, they look so ridiculous :pb_lol: “Who is this interloper? I must bark at them to show who’s boss.”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I love dogs barking at themselves in the mirror, they look so ridiculous :pb_lol: “Who is this interloper? I must bark at them to show who’s boss.”

Or "Wow, what a coincidence! This dog's play style is EXACTLY like mine!"

• Upvote 5

Bro G posted tonight's preaching video. Poor little neglected, afterthought "not Caleb" who doesn't play the banjo (!) is wearing what has to be one of Gary's suits. It is literally 20 times too big for him. The arms hang down past his hands! What the hell is going on there?????

20190529_203711.jpg

Edited by griffin
add photo
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 7

Wow, that suit looks ridiculous! I'm done with work for the day so maybe I'll try and recap this video later. Unless someone else wants to!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, griffin said:

Bro G posted tonight's preaching video. Poor little neglected, afterthought "not Caleb" who doesn't play the banjo (!) is wearing what has to be one of Gary's suits. It is literally 20 times too big for him. The arms hang down past his hands! What the hell is going on there?????

even the shoes look gigantic on him...the other son doesn't have on a coat or even a tie! strange...

• Upvote 3

On 5/21/2019 at 2:15 AM, keepercjr said:

I am sure there are probably some learning disabilities that were never addressed in homeschool and he may have been quite a handful when he was younger.  He has mentioned his youth a few times and It isn’t in the best light.  It sounds like the only remedy used was beatings and well that didn’t work.  

He was homeschooled? Really? Was homeschooling even a thing when he was a kid? He has to be what? 45?

• Upvote 2

I wonder when homeschooling became popular? In my area, it was still given the sideeye up until around 10 years ago.

• Upvote 1

• Destiny locked this topic