IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 19: Josh's Thwarted Ambitions

samurai_sarah

On 4/6/2019 at 4:13 AM, Snarkangel Gabriel said:

I don’t think Anna is inherently a horrible person. She is just ignorant and lacks curiosity, intelligence or both. She also has no self worth at all. The result is that she is like a cushion and bears the imprint of the last person who sat on her. So she spouts this horrible rubbish because it is what she’s has been told. If she were suddenly told something sensible then she would spout that.  I think she is quite a good example of the notion that someone doesn’t have to be a “bad person” or have “bad intentions” to be just as dangerous as someone who is and/or does. All it takes is a toxic combination of factors of which the overriding problem is ignorance and a related closed mind. That is why I always consider education to be so important.  It should replace an empty mind with an open one.

I would agree with you but in this case it is willful ignorance at her age and with her opportunities in DC, she's choosing to stay uninformed on everything to stay in a life that allows her access to lots of money, nice homes and she never has to work.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

On 4/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, BullyJBG said:

Then Josie would've had a death experience similar to Jubilee. They would've showed that she is, indeed, a baby, fully formed. That's the argument given for life-threatening pregnancy.

Though, for a woman who cannot sustain a pregnancy without it being life-threatening, I think I'd have just said take the baby out and try to save it and if it dies in the process you did your best. And I'd ask for a hysterectomy while they're at it, in order to not let this happen again.

Jubilee died in utero and through no fault of anyone.

Josie being taken out before she was viable to save Michelle's life, that would be an abortion IMO. 

It breaks my heart for any women who would have to make this choice, In some ways Michelle was spared a very hard choice (for any person) but especially for her and her family as their beliefs are black and white on abortion.

Josie was (barely) at a point of viability, they were "justified" in their choice to risk a medical abortion. Though they would never call it that.

I hope that makes sense... 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Some leg humpers will still do it no matter what. :(

Trump

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Am I the only one who keeps reading this thread as Josh’s thwarted abortions? My eye only sees the A-b and tions, and in a Duggar thread my mind automatically goes to abortion.

• Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

On 4/2/2019 at 4:42 AM, lumpentheologie said:

I always thought he was a child molester (since he did molest children), but not a pedophile (since he was so young when he did it). Is that wrong?  If so, what would be the right terminology to describe the person who does what he did?

He's a sexual abuser. At  least in NYS he would be, if charged with something,  charged with Sexual Abuse. He technically might have been charged with forcible touching as well. Because he was a minor he might have been charged with Criminal Sexual Act. 

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 9

On 4/9/2019 at 11:43 AM, SassyPants said:

Am I the only one who keeps reading this thread as Josh’s thwarted abortions? My eye only sees the A-b and tions, and in a Duggar thread my mind automatically goes to abortion.

I can’t I unsee this.

Now it reads “abortions” to me as well. 

Edited by curlykate
Spelling
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Back on Josh’s birthday we discussed Anna’s Instagram post, but I think we missed that Michelle posted on her blog. It’s the only post since last September, so no one’s bothering to check it. I was on their site for the JoKen announcement video and saw it. It’s sad that they can’t say “It’s our oldest child’s birthday, and we love him so much!” without all the references to his sins.

http://www.duggarfamily.com/michelles-blog?ID=D1F18A67-1351-4EB9-AD09-FD4D54612666

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

8 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Back on Josh’s birthday we discussed Anna’s Instagram post, but I think we missed that Michelle posted on her blog. It’s the only post since last September, so no one’s bothering to check it. I was on their site for the JoKen announcement video and saw it. It’s sad that they can’t say “It’s our oldest child’s birthday, and we love him so much!” without all the references to his sins.

http://www.duggarfamily.com/michelles-blog?ID=D1F18A67-1351-4EB9-AD09-FD4D54612666

Ugh. That’s especially shitty of them considering a lot* of his issues likely stem from their negligent and abusive parenting. The public already remembers how crappy a human being he is without his own parents reminding everyone about it on his birthday. 

*Stated that way because some people are just crappy people naturally and some of Josh’s issues could just be because he’s Josh.

• Upvote 15

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I am. That happy birthday to Josh is best written in a card for him only.  That's private talk between parents and child. For public, a nice light Happy Birthday, we love you, etc.... is appropriate, imo.  It comes off as trying to sell Josh to the public.  See? He's soooo great!  It's all good people, can he come back on the show now?  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

I have to say that when I read this part:

You have a heart for the widows and fatherless.

The first thought was, what did he preferentially cheat on Anna with them or something? What a weird thing to say about your adult son on his bday. 

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8

20 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s a praising biblical sentiment from Psalms . Would not think anymore into it. 

But still. Given this is Josh,  not a good choice of words. 

He looks older than 31, quite probably isn't happy, has resigned himself to his present life. 

I do wonder what will happen once Mason has reached his teens (as long as he is the last M child), will Josh hang around or do a runner? My vote is that he will run. His life would have been so different had he been allowed Law College as he mentioned when he was sixteen. 

He was so unlucky to be born to his totally wretched wicked parents. 

I still think he is totes smug though. He is just made that way. 

• Upvote 2

That is the most bizarre birthday message I have ever seen. (This is not a request for someone to dig up something even more odd). ?

Also, you have a heart for the fatherless to the man known to have "inappropriate touching" in his history? Wtf?

• Upvote 11

There are other biblical references they could have gone with.  Plenty of them about God's power to forgive and restore. Yeah, that fatherless reference was ackward. 

• Upvote 7

Long shot but maybe they mean Tyler? Not knowing his parental situation but assuming it was not best could be Josh has taken to or mentoring the boy. I know, I know  but Duggars are not living in the same reality as the rest of us and probably see that as an awesome thing. 

• Upvote 1

This popped into my head while reading the fatherless part. Kind of an obscure movie but one of my favorites.  My bad ?‍♀️?

• Haha 2

That birthday message is horrible. To put it publically even more so. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

I never talked about it before, but Josh bothers me on a deep level.

I was assaulted (I have not called it that before actually, I sort of retconned it as an early, if ambiguous consensual encounter, since I thought the perpetrator was cute), when I was Jill’s age when it happened. She was 13 and the daughter of some very close family friends.

I still feel conflicted and ashamed about it. TMI, but I did have an orgasm, my first actually. So I think maybe I did want it. I asked her to stop- I had only wanted to maybe cuddle. But she said it was okay, I would like it, just relax.

OTOH, it hurt. I thought I had gotten my period immediately after, but I didn’t start for another three years.

I didn’t have a religiously restrictive upbringing like his victims (though I prefer the term survivor for myself). Still, I didn’t report because sex = shameful. I felt awful and thought I was no longer a virgin. Or maybe that people would think I was gay, or doing so would cause a schism with my family and their friends.

I still had to see her. And pretend it was all okay. I know it must be hard for the Duggar’s to do so, but maybe they feel like they have to.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 40

I have never ever understood how Jessa and Ben can live in his former house.

I can't go near anything that reminds me of exes.

I will never believe that all of the siblings are just copacetic with the whole thing. But, it takes a lot of time and work to process. And distance. Physical, mental, emotional, spiritual...etc.

I know what my own brain does to cope with my life. And I never dealt with a Josh.

@lawlifelgbt

Hugs. My thoughts were indirectly prompted by your comment. I'm generally talked out and exhausted by Josh and Anna.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

Anna has got to be pregnant. Per her schedule, she should be birthing in Oct/Nov of this year. She normally doesn't announce until about 5ish months though so we should see a late April-June announcement of M6.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe they've decided five is enough. :laughing-rofl:?

Wouldn't that be great?! :happy-jumpyellow:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

A bit OT, but JB & M must have had the longest nine (or so) months of their lives when Joshley's link to Ashley Madison hit the news.  Bet they weren't hoping for another grandblessing then.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Anna has got to be pregnant. Per her schedule, she should be birthing in Oct/Nov of this year. She normally doesn't announce until about 5ish months though so we should see a late April-June announcement of M6.

If she is and if that pic of her with Jana and Laura is current then she’s not showing yet.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic