IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 10

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

My take on why Voddie does what he does is basically the same as all the other patriarchal assholes - it's all about the GREEN, baby.  They found a way to make a living by bloviating, and they stick with it till that dog doesn't hunt any more (see: DPIART).

Also, all the racist evangelicals can produce him as evidence they aren't racist.  He's the "but I have black friends!" darling of their set.

But being the token black in such an aggressively neo-Confederate environment has to be psychologically punishing. Jasmine seemed to hint a bit at this on her blog when she said her next book would focus on race, identity, and the challenges of raising black sons. If the model of Christian womanhood put forth by VF is Elsie Dinsmore, a slaveholding white waif, someone like Jasmine is never going to measure up. I think Doug Phillips is a tool just wants to be the center of attention in whatever group he’s in, but I can’t think of any other reason why Voddie would hang with this crowd unless he was a true believer. Does anyone know if he has ever been asked questions about this?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

13 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

But being the token black in such an aggressively neo-Confederate environment has to be psychologically punishing. Jasmine seemed to hint a bit at this on her blog when she said her next book would focus on race, identity, and the challenges of raising black sons. If the model of Christian womanhood put forth by VF is Elsie Dinsmore, a slaveholding white waif, someone like Jasmine is never going to measure up. I think Doug Phillips is a tool just wants to be the center of attention in whatever group he’s in, but I can’t think of any other reason why Voddie would hang with this crowd unless he was a true believer. Does anyone know if he has ever been asked questions about this?

A true believer in what.  

I think there is a lot of self-hatred in Voddie.  And kissing up to the White Man.  I think of him as channeling Bill Cosby.  Not about raping women (that I know of) but about race issues. Brace yourself if you haven't seen this yet.  Voddie on Ferguson.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/thoughts-on-ferguson/

I can't help wondering what people really think of Voddie's Ministry as he wanders around Lusaka in his sparkling white suits, goes back to his posh 5 bedroom house, and cooks himself massive gourmet meals with luxury imported goods.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Jasmine seemed to hint a bit at this on her blog when she said her next book would focus on race, identity, and the challenges of raising black sons.

Another reason I respect Jasmine & her husband is their willingness to take on the difficult issues surrounding race in US evangelical Christianity, and to persist in doing so. It must be exhausting, even though they usually interact with "like-minded" believers on these issues. 

11 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I can't help wondering what people really think of Voddie's Ministry as he wanders around Lusaka in his sparkling white suits, goes back to his posh 5 bedroom house, and cooks himself massive gourmet meals with luxury imported goods.

I, too, have wondered about this since it looks like many of ACU's students (and maybe most of its staff) are not nearly as well off as Voddie. 

Voddie has never retracted or otherwise apologized for that awful statement on Ferguson, has he? 

Note also that he published that statement some months after the events -- NOT in the immediate aftermath. He had plenty of time to consider what to say and he chose to blame the victims of violence.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Voddie has never retracted or otherwise apologized for that awful statement on Ferguson, has he? 

No, he doubled down.   Went on Fox news and made it even worse, IIRC.

• Upvote 5

Say! What's Doug been up to in between all of the child care and homeschooling he's been doing?

Glad you asked! He's in the field:

1510448238_DougieintheField.thumb.jpg.2c1a7afbe8d07e01cec0b2fa3486d5eb.jpg

Oh, what's that you're asking? Where's the field? Why, right here!

442161610_TheField.thumb.jpg.579e60665371774529deacebd0df35e9.jpg

• Haha 13
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Glad you asked! He's in the field:

Consider the Dougies in the field, how they ogle; they toil not, neither do they pay alimony.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 24
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, VVV said:

Dougie's looking a bit dissipated these days.

True, but it looks like he's upgraded his video equipment. Wonder if he had to sell his plasma to do that?

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, VVV said:

Dougie's looking a bit dissipated these days.

Getting older!  50+! 

• Upvote 4

Given Dougie's penchant for posting old footage these days, I'm not convinced that's a terribly current pic; post VF, sure, but he's not necessarily out filming anything right now.

The pic of the girls is probably from the 2018 Jazz Age Lawn party (he did attend the June dates for that one). The 2019 event is today and tomorrow (and again in August), but until he posts something that's definitely current, I'm not so sure he's there this year.

He's got a montage thing up on his DW Facebook page as well, so I assume he's just using the hashtags to get his videos out there on a weekend when people will be using/searching #jazzagelawnparty and the like.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

55 minutes ago, Howl said:

Getting older!  50+! 

Ahem. I'll be 58 next week. I'd like to think I look better than that.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Let's all remember that Voddie B insists that physical discipline is a must for every child no matter how old. 

Thus Jasmine could have been subjected to his ... uh... umm ...spare the rod, etc. correction until the moment she left her father's house after marrying.

Not saying she was, but I seem to remember a story about VB physically disciplining his upper teenaged son

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Did anything ever come of that Oscar Wilde aestheticism special that we were promised back in November?  ?

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

True, but it looks like he's upgraded his video equipment. Wonder if he had to sell his plasma to do that?

No, no... Plasma joints, truck stops, and sleeping rough are for women and children. But I did notice that fancy new equipment right away, and what it tells me is that there's a Leininger 2.0 out there somewhere. Now if we can just figure out the identity of the mystery benefactor...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Did notice that Doug looks pretty buff in that pic; you can see a fair amount of arm muscle through the shirt, so he's pumping iron somewhere.   His vanity would never let him go to seed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

I'm betting the equipment came from the Bobby Bowden series. Based on the clips, it didn't have a huge production budget, but someone (obviously not Doug) pumped some funding into it.

I suspect it was bit of a mini VF redeux, the project may have ultimately died with a whimper, buy the whole family got a trip to Europe someone else paid for, and Dougie walked away with a camera upgrade.

• Upvote 4

Well, whatever he's up to, he sure doesn't want any publicity from FJ:

745099159_Dougiegoesprivate.thumb.png.6efcd3991ddadc9cc06044902b39a1bf.png

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Well, whatever he's up to, he sure doesn't want any publicity from FJ:

745099159_Dougiegoesprivate.thumb.png.6efcd3991ddadc9cc06044902b39a1bf.png

I really don't want to see Dougie in shorts.  Ever.

I don't think it is only FJ.  Surely he doesn't want his former followers to find it either.  Poor baby.  It must be SO hard to be a cinematographer when you have to keep your accounts private out of shame.

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

"NYC based filmmaker"  Heh. 

There's also a grammatical error in there.  It reads "shorts, events, promotional, reels for professional and performance artists..."

Options: 

1. drop the bolded comma after promotional so it reads "promotional reels for professional and performance artists"
  2.  or "promotional reels and reels for professional and performance artists"

Or something...having any type of error in text is a poor way to present yourself.  

• Upvote 5

Dear Tool:

“No man, when he hath starteth a business, covers his social media with a bushel or maketh his advertising private, but setteth it to Public, that those who look may see thy hypocritical conduct and laugh.

For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known by Free Jinger eventually and come abroad.

Take heed therefore how ye behave: for whosoever hath integrity to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have."

Luke 8:16-18.  New Revised Palimpsest Version.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

I don't really think he's hiding from from former VF types, at least not very hard. Most of the stuff on the nyc_cinematographer Insta has also been posted on the DW Cinematographer page, and several of his old leg humpers regularly comment there.

Roughly a year and a half or so ago it seemed like he scrubbed his most public facing profiles in an attempt to merge his identities into something someone might actually hire. Since then we've had a lot of old VF footage edited to look mainstream, and his vintage cosplay stuff cleaned up enough that it wouldn't offend more conservative backers, should he attract any. 1940s style swing dancers? Sure. Neo-Burlesque troupes in pasties from the Lady Flo era? Those mostly disappeared.

He might be hiding from someone other than FJ, but I'm not exactly sure who. And it's pretty pointless, IMHO. nyc_cinematographer only exists at all because his more active accounts (cryptoretro, scenesfromabeautifulworld, and probably at least one personal family type account) are private. It was already so quite that I rather doubt it was all that helpful professionally.

• I Agree 6

15 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

He might be hiding from someone other than FJ,

AmX and the IRS come to mind ...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It must be SO hard to be a cinematographer when you have to keep your accounts private out of shame.

Yep. 

A verbum sapienti to Doug Phillips: FJ never sleeps. We see it all, and if it is or was on the internet, we will find it.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

Yep. 
A verbum sapienti to Doug Phillips: FJ never sleeps. We see it all, and if it is or was on the internet, we will find it.

Words of wisdom that should be heeded by all fundies attempting to be sneaky and pretend they were never Vision Forum leaders/followers/shills.
WE SEE YOU.
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic