IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 10

Coconut Flan

I've wondered a bit if the whole San Antonio/Durango thing wasn't a discrete way of Beall and Doug living mostly apart.

Beall headed back to SA for about six weeks in the winter of '18. All of the still-at-home kids went with her, except Faith. Later, it was obvious that Doug was in Durango during that time, filming a wedding, a balloon festival, a show of Faith's at a local arts center, etc.

Later in the year, around August, Beall & Co. (including Faith, this time), again headed back in their tiny apartment in SA, just before Doug was shown to be in Durango, filming a wedding.

It could be coincidence, but it's odd that the only times Doug was definitely in Colorado last year were times that Beall definitely wasn't.

Beall also still tows the "We live in both places!" line when followers on IG ask if the move to SA is for good this time, and Faith has mentioned having to leave a lot of her things back in Durango.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Nathaniel Darnell is running for a position of leadership in the state of GA -- and has support from unsuspecting parties in positions of power. 

Conveniently enough, his website full of "sodomite" hating and women-hating "Sarah Palin can't be in civil government because she's a woman" stuff is gone. Thank God for Wayback Machine....

https://mailchi.mp/advancethegop.com/yourgagopconventionguide2019?fbclid=IwAR1TgYa6FpXdyG_4sZ0FKjE8kGtulDUKrX15CUGMXN-e5K8Llr2Lr_gL17U

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 5.09.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 5.05.59 PM.png

• Thank You 12
  • Love 1

@Nolongeroppressed8.4, thanks.  :)

You only needed to post this news once on FJ.  I've asked the mods to merge the other two threads you started into one new thread on QoS.

• Thank You 4

Nathan “oh women are only suited for cooking and childbearing” Darnell? Fits right in with the GOP scum. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they knew about his former associates.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Somebody on Beall's instagram called her out about not telling the stories of people of color. It was a comment on her Operation Meatball post.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

This is weird, @RebelliousEscapee. Doug Phillips address for Momentum Media is  200 Canada Verde in San Antonio (easily located on google earth).  This is a house in an upscale, heavily wooded residential neighborhood and most houses have a swimming pool in the back yard.   The back yard backs up to small creek with a golf course on the other side.   There are 16 businesses that share this address, but about half of them seem to have been registered by one guy or his wife; some of the businesses are no longer active. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

Finally found some record of Momentum Media actually existing: https://www.bizapedia.com/al/momentum-media-llc.html

:worship::worship::worship:

That one has bugged me for AGES...

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

This is weird.  Doug Phillips shows an address at 200 Canada Verde in San Antonio (easily located on google earth).  This is a house in an upscale, heavily wooded residential neighborhood and most houses have a swimming pool in the back yard.   The back yard backs up to small creek with a golf course on the other side.   There are 16 businesses that share this address, but about half of them seem to have been registered by one guy or his wife; some of the businesses are no longer active. 

I think that's the old Leininger house, isn't it?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The same woman who once told other women that they must always travel under the "umbrella of protection" of a father or husband is now SHOWERING AT TRUCK STOPS

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Howl said:

This is weird, @RebelliousEscapee. Doug Phillips address for Momentum Media is  200 Canada Verde in San Antonio (easily located on google earth).  This is a house in an upscale, heavily wooded residential neighborhood and most houses have a swimming pool in the back yard.   The back yard backs up to small creek with a golf course on the other side.   There are 16 businesses that share this address, but about half of them seem to have been registered by one guy or his wife; some of the businesses are no longer active. 

Well, well, well...

A million dollar+ home with a 2004 deed in the name of Vision Forum Ministries. 

http://www.bcad.org/clientdb/Property.aspx?prop_id=277411

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Consults my chronological cheat sheet and delves into my memory: 

200 Canada Verde is indeed the house Jim Leininger donated to VFM and supposedly repossessed when VFM was liquidated.  I thought DPIAT was kicked out of there very fast though.  Perhaps it took over a year force him out.  It took at lest that long to liquidate VFM.

Tool O'Ween was October, 2013.  The VF Inc. fire sale was December - January 2014.  He filed Momentum Media in December, 2014 using the Canada Verde address.  This was after Lourdes filed suit in April 2014.  But was MM an attempt to hide assets?  Financial shenanigans are not my area of expertise.  And shouldn't he have updated the business address long ago.

Doug was supposedly working on a historical film with two lawyers in 2015, for the history channel but I can't remember the details.  It was probably with MM.  It was also probably the Bobby Bowden thing or something else.

200 Canada Verde is for sale at the moment, priced at a mere 7,999K.  It is definitely the right house.  He apparently used the indoor pool for baptisms.  Very nice pad, but I'm sure it has bad karma. 

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/200-Canada-Verde-St_San-Antonio_TX_78232_M80533-91663 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

I thought the Phillips' house was in Spring Branch, outside of San Antonio, but on reflection, that's where they moved after the post-VF cataclysm Leininger boot-in-the-ass and before they had the giant yard sale and Beall and kids moved to Durango. 

IIRC, the Spring Branch house was a large, red brick two-story house, but without the cachet of the Canada Verde location. 

To those with institutional memory refresh me again:  How did Doug Phillips, Esq. ever get involved with Boerne Christian Assembly, a small congregation that met in a small simple wooden country church (no plumbing) in the middle of nowhere off Sisterdale Road? 

Doug left flounced from Boerne Christian Assembly in summer 2014 and was excommunicated from BCA in late 2014.  How time flies.  So many 180 degree about faces and changes in fortune in only four or five years. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

To those with institutional memory refresh me again:  How did Doug Phillips, Esq. ever get involved with Boerne Christian Assembly, a small congregation that met in a small simple wooden country church (no plumbing) in the middle of nowhere off Sisterdale Road? 

I think Boerne Christian Assembly was first established by Little Bear Wheeler and Bob Welch mid or late 90s.  When Doug helped himself to the HSLDA mailing list and arrived in TX to set up VFM he joined BCA, just as a church member.  And eventually wangled his way up to being head pastor.

Wheeler and Welch left BCA to set up sister churches at some point.  But the churches were all connected.  I think @Maxwell and @Quinquagenarian have a better grasp of the history.

BCA is separate from VF.  People who worked at VFI and VCM weren't forced to attend BCA and follow BCA strict rules.  OTOH, a lot of people from BCA worked for VFI and VFM.

Leininger (or rather his money) was instrumental in funding VFM from the get go. 

And I just looked back:  we heard from several different sources that Doug had been given 60 days to vacate 200 Canada Verde in or before January 2014.  @Maxwell, do you remember that.   But he used the address for Momentum Media in December 2014.  Perhaps he refused to leave.

Doug then moved to a rental house in San Antonio before they headed off to Durango. Probably the one you are thinking of.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Thank You 7

24 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

When Doug helped himself to the HSLDA mailing list and arrived in TX to set up VFM he joined BCA,

Ah, thanks.  It's coming back to me now. The HSLDA mailing list heist should have alerted everyone to the Tool's nefarious ways. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

My memory is foggy.  I was thinking thinking of the VFM office address as the Phillips home and thought this house might be a smoking gun.  I thought Leininger owned the home and allowed VFM to use it... but it would make sense that he donated the home (probably for tax purposes) and VFM's name was on the deed.  VFM != VFI, VFM was board run, VFI was Doug, VFM kicked Doug out.  That all makes sense, I should have thought it through before posting.

21 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think @Maxwell and @Quinquagenarian have a better grasp of the history.

Thanks for your vote of confidence but I'm probably not the one to go to for history.  I was very mildly involved from afar in the early days so have no direct knowledge to contribute... just readings & observations.  Your time-line/take seems about right although I was under the impression that Doug founded BCA with the help of "Little Bear" & Norm Wakefield, with the blessings of a pastor in VA (whose name I can't recall).  Wakefield left early and fell silent.  "Little Bear" continued on and was a part of VFM for a long time.  I think Bob Welch was maybe among the founding members of BCA and moved up.  At least that what I recall.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, Maxwell said:

I was under the impression that Doug founded BCA with the help of "Little Bear" & Norm Wakefield, with the blessings of a pastor in VA (whose name I can't recall).  Wakefield left early and fell silent.  "Little Bear" continued on and was a part of VFM for a long time.  I think Bob Welch was maybe among the founding members of BCA and moved up.  At least that what I recall.

Thanks!  You are right about Wakefield being involved too.  I may have been confusing Welch and Wakefield because a Wakefield sprog married a Welch sprog at some point. 

I think I was told that BCA predates Doug but I could be wrong.  I had a list of all the BCA top names at one point but it may be lost in my files.  Or it died with an old laptop.  It has been a while. :)

And, yes, VFI, VFM, and BCA are all separate legal entities. 

We heard that Leininger was pissed as hell at Doug though and cut him off with prejudice over the Fall.  

• Thank You 4

Ah. I was going to ask if Leininger was taken in by the Tool’s slimy winsome ways.

And this was probably discussed long ago, but why Durango?

(and why did my predictive typing suggest “regional variations on barbecue” just now?)

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

Leininger was taken in muchly, bigly, and tremendously by both Gothard and the Tool.  And probably many others; he 's supported a lot of shitty people and projects in his time.  Nevertheless, 2014 must have been a bad year for him.  

I don't think we have ever solved the Durango mystery.

Mmmm.  Barbecue.

• Upvote 8

There is a part of me that is willing to give Beall the benefit of the doubt and attribute her lack of publicly addressing the Doug issue is to afford her children (both minor and adult) a modicum of privacy. As a Mother she may just feel as though they've been through enough as a result of her and Dougs choices and lifestyle. Maybe she is simply making the decision not to publicly broadcast anything in order to allow her children to recover in privacy. As someone said earlier, at least she stuck around and is taking care of them. I don't agree with many of her actions that were public but it does appear that she is fairly dedicated to her family. I don't find her innocent in anything, but I do think she was not quite as complicit as Doug. I think it is likely she became a true believer albeit an elitist arrogant one, but a believer. Stockholm syndrome in a way. I think he is, and always has been, a borderline sociopathic machiavellian, narcissist, arrogant, and smarmy dirtbag who knew exactly what he was doing every moment he was doing it.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Mudgie said:

There is a part of me that is willing to give Beall the benefit of the doubt and attribute her lack of publicly addressing the Doug issue is to afford her children (both minor and adult) a modicum of privacy. As a Mother she may just feel as though they've been through enough as a result of her and Dougs choices and lifestyle. Maybe she is simply making the decision not to publicly broadcast anything in order to allow her children to recover in privacy. As someone said earlier, at least she stuck around and is taking care of them. I don't agree with many of her actions that were public but it does appear that she is fairly dedicated to her family. I don't find her innocent in anything, but I do think she was not quite as complicit as Doug. I think it is likely she became a true believer albeit an elitist arrogant one, but a believer. Stockholm syndrome in a way. I think he is, and always has been, a borderline sociopathic machiavellian, narcissist, arrogant, and smarmy dirtbag who knew exactly what he was doing every moment he was doing it.

I certainly agree with your character assessment of Doug but if Beall had any concern for privacy, either for herself or her children, she wouldn't have a public Instagram and she definitely would not be featuring her children on it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

The address for DW Cinematographer is a luxury apartment in NYC. The business profile has his photos complete with a glowing review from Hannah Snow.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

5 hours ago, VVV said:

I certainly agree with your character assessment of Doug but if Beall had any concern for privacy, either for herself or her children, she wouldn't have a public Instagram and she definitely would not be featuring her children on it.

Egg-zactly.

They need visibility to grift though, so...

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, dripcurl said:

The address for DW Cinematographer is a luxury apartment in NYC.

Just like 16 businesses use the 200 Canada Verde address, I'll betcha the address just processes mail, if that.

My guess is that for many people and hangers-on in "the industry" (or who are trying to present themselves as players), an LA or New York City address as well as a phone with an LA or NYC area code is used as part of impression management. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

11 hours ago, VVV said:

if Beall had any concern for privacy, either for herself or her children, she wouldn't have a public Instagram and she definitely would not be featuring her children on it.

Nor would she post IG stories of herself donating plasma.

Her public IG is a train wreck of grift, humble-bragging, religiosity, and delusion.

And Beall - the relentless use of #happilymarried isn't fooling anyone.

• Upvote 15

• Coconut Flan locked this topic