IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 10

Coconut Flan

Went to so my own sleuthing -- not that I don't trust ya'll but I had noticed the lack of Justice/Kelcie love (she's CEO & Founder of Kelcie's Kreations, BTW) the other night and thought I'd see if anything had changed.  Anyway, I happened over to http://facebook.com/cinemaofwonder/ and was amused by the 'Related Pages'.  Thought I'd share.

DWRelatedPages.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

This is Justice’s newest posting. He cut his hair short and it seems he wants a fresh start. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was related to a break up. 

A08CB744-6781-44B8-BC1E-5EE9050CFFE4.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is Justice’s newest posting. He cut his hair short and it seems he wants a fresh start. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was related to a break up. 

A08CB744-6781-44B8-BC1E-5EE9050CFFE4.jpeg

It was that posting that lead me to look and see how the two were doing....which showed there was no more photos of one another on each other's Instagram.  It is also what made me wonder if they are just taking a break while Justice gets his act together?  Maybe?  Perhaps she wants someone more engaged with being around, rather than a wandering lust for adventure....just my speculation..... :D 

Edited by Flyinthesoup
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Howl said:

No updates to that page since August 2018. 

The post from August 2018 is "pinned" so it sits on top of his more recent posts. The last regular post was back in June of this year.

36 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

It was that posting that lead me to look and see how the two were doing....which showed there was no more photos of one another on each other's Instagram.  It is also what made me wonder if they are just taking a break while Justice gets his act together?  Maybe?  Perhaps she wants someone more engaged with being around, rather than a wandering lust for adventure....just my speculation..... :D 

Could be the opposite. She describes herself as an "adrenaline junkie". Maybe she doesn't like the idea of a safe, short haired Justice?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Could be the opposite. She describes herself as an "adrenaline junkie". Maybe she doesn't like the idea of a safe, short haired Justice?

Her "Be You" story on Instagram had me going down that path, of thinking....your point is definitely a possibility, too!

• Upvote 4

@Maxwell, I noticed the “Related Page” titled “Conversations with Major Dick.” Apropos, as DPIARBT is a major dick himself.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

No, his wife is a different "Faith", the former Faith Metz.

A few of the Phillips offspring attended their wedding, that's why it came up in the DPIAT thread.

• Thank You 3

A quarter of a century old is "the glass a 1/4 full of potential for you pessimists".

I don't quite see how Justice's logic/math checks out there, or what he's actually trying to say with that statement.

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

A quarter of a century old is "the glass a 1/4 full of potential for you pessimists".

I don't quite see how Justice's logic/math checks out there, or what he's actually trying to say with that statement.

Makes sense, I turn 25 next week and he was alway my same age as I recall.

5 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Makes sense, I turn 25 next week and he was alway my same age as I recall.

But wouldn’t it be three-quarters empty to pessimists, one-quarter full to optimists?

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I read that as he's stating he's 1/4 (25 years) full of "potential", but that's not how this expression is used, so either he meant what I just wrote, or he's completely missing the mark! :P Perhaps that motorcycle accident rattled him up a bit?

6 minutes ago, Petronella said:

But wouldn’t it be three-quarters empty to pessimists, one-quarter full to optimists?

I agree, so I think he's potentially using the expression incorrectly, or differently....

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

They were too pretty for each other.

It was either going to click or derail from the fumes of young fundy self-importance.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

They were too pretty for each other.

It was either going to click or derail from the fumes of young fundy self-importance.

I honestly hope none of the other Phillips offspring get married in the next decade. They all need to experience life before they get stuck with the first person that catches their eye. Their parents are stuck together. I can’t imagine they see that marriage and think, “boy that’s what I want for the rest of my life!”

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

On 11/6/2019 at 12:18 AM, The Mother Dust said:

:popcorn2:Oh boy, I LOVE reading examples of fundie hypocrisy.

On the good ship Earth, that's an appetite that need never go unsatisfied.

@dripcurl, I notice your age (and Happy Birthday!) - so I figure that you're an afflicted with, not fell for, former VFer. I shouldn't have assumed - do you know the year that your family fell into the trap?

On 11/5/2019 at 9:25 AM, CyborgKin said:

Hmm, it's been a while since I've interacted with him much (other than the 'super camps'), given that he's been mostly in the US for years now.  Though he gave talks on his UFO thing even before his book was published.  I'd say he's the high energy sort of person that an introvert like myself would get tired of being around quickly.  He was a reasonably fun person in small doses, though very serious about serious business.  I think my parents want to go on the upcoming Egypt cruise.  My dad and Gary get along well.

I don't enjoy Don Batten's 'sense of humour' though.

And Tas Walker talks to himself out loud to a degree that I find rather odd.

I dare not ask about Don B's 'wit'. I'll cross my fingers and hope you mean 'dad jokes' (in his case maybe great-grandad jokes).

Gary's energy doesn't bother me; but steamrolling people does. And I think the dictionary entry on confirmation bias could feature his picture. He's hoping, in effect, to replace Ken Ham - but whereas KH, at least, was a high school science teacher, Gary is from marketing. It shows.

'Super camps' - these are the big events held on the east coast of Australia? What do you think of them? Are the participants heavily fundie, or nearer to 'mainstream' evang/pente? Given that your folks sound strongly CMI, how do they feel about Ken Ham and AiG? Would they visit the Creation Museum if they were in the States? (Heck - I'd almost do that myself if I was in town and they had a half-price day. Dinosaur vs gladiator displays?! Some things have to be seen to be believed - or not believed as the case may be. A Noah's Ark replica claiming insurance for rain damage - that too is worth a photo!)

I'll bite my tongue (oh, is that blood) and not ask about Tas Walker talking to himself. I'll assume it's not in a Transylvanian accent while sniffing necks (I won't ask if he's as vampiric IRL as in photos).

I'm off to the naughty corner now. I really don't believe in talking about folks' looks. Not even Peter B. Not even when he caused a tsunami by turning his head sharply underwater while teaching Geneva Pyrebuilder, Rousas Biblethumper, Westminster Witchslammer, Cromwell Ironsides and Offred Gloryofgilead to swim. (Even the tsunami couldn't drum up any work for Bradrick!) But that's now a double length trip to the naughty corner. Farewell sweet FJ.

But first @CyborgKin, thanks also for Baby Got Book in another thread recently. Brilliant. And speaking of Gilead, a hurrah for Margaret Atwood becoming the second woman to win the Booker Prize twice (with The Blind Assassin and now The Testaments).

• Upvote 7

@FundieGhostWriter No worries! And thank you, celebrations kick off tonight and go through next week! I am sorry I did not respond sooner, I once tried to start my own thread about my experiences but got distracted with my then-boyfriend-now-husband ?  However, the distinction you make about whether I was afflicted with fundiedom or chose it does actually bring up a more interesting factor in my brief fundie stint.

My family is what most FJers would consider more evangelical, not fundie. But I was homeschooled, so while I was involved in a lot of secular activities and my church was rather mainstream, we were exposed to Vision Forum after I did some CollegePlus and then even more so that same year when I did Speech and Debate. Where it gets interested is I, being 16 at the time, actually kind of spearheaded my family into a more fundie direction. I watched Return of the Daughters and concluded that being a good SAHD would somehow repair my relationship with my father. However, he has very severe emotional and relational issues, and me honoring his authority more actually ended up burning me ever worse.  Not just because it put him up on a higher pedestal to let me down from, but he is quite a narcissist and majorly opportunistic especially when it comes to financial exploitation so that harmed me even to this day. When I started backing down on fundamentalism so did my family. However, they have ended up being very pro-Trump despite their intelligence, so that discredits them greatly in my opinion. Mainly because they used to rail against people like him, and him specifically before he got remotely political. Anyway, I was definitely still drinking some of the koolaid when Tool O’ Ween struck. It wasn’t the cause of me being more open minded, but it happened to coincide with my realization that my father will always be my father (I was just shy of my 19th birthday, big year for me), and deep down I did not believe most of what I was trying to cling on to. 

What is redeeming though is that my husband was actually in the background during it all: I first set eyes on him when he was 14 and I was 15 at a Speech and Debate class. He dropped out, but we ended up reconnecting at my last big fundie conference in 2014 (we both did not want to be there). We texted all summer but fell out of contact. This past Christmas I noticed he had been following me on Instagram for a while, and knowing he was shy I messaged him first. We immediately went out and have inseparable since. We are both recovering from out Evangelical/Fundie experience, but we are mainly recovering from our family experiences in all honesty. Those issues would have been there, Christian or not.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, FundieGhostWriter said:

Not even Peter B. Not even when he caused a tsunami by turning his head sharply underwater while teaching Geneva Pyrebuilder, Rousas Biblethumper, Westminster Witchslammer, Cromwell Ironsides and Offred Gloryofgilead to swim. (Even the tsunami couldn't drum up any work for Bradrick!)

Laughed so hard my electric blanket fell off the bed!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 11/6/2019 at 3:12 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly hope none of the other Phillips offspring get married in the next decade.

I'm intrigued that none of the Phillips' daughters have gotten married.  They are somewhat out in the world,  presumably meeting eligible men.  I can't remember -- has only one sprog married so far -- the one who married a Spanky/Ligonier daughter and had a child?  None of them have followed in the VF marry young and reproduce like bunnies mold.  

Also, how does Justice find his groove in being a "good provider" with no role model?  Also, post motorcycle accident, I wonder if he is saddled with major medical debt.  If doesn't take much to run up formidable bills. 

Two college-educated parents, one a lawyer, and only two of the kids are doing the college thing. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Two college-educated parents, one a lawyer, and only two of the kids are doing the college thing. 

And how is home schooling for the minor children going?  Think there are two or three of them still at home.

Is Beall doing it all, in between her car trips, home aide jobs, and whatever else she's doing? It certainly doesn't look like Doug is educating anyone, if he's even around. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Also, post motorcycle accident, I wonder if he is saddled with major medical debt.  If doesn't take much to run up formidable bills. 

ITA, and I feel for him if this turned out to be the case. 

• Upvote 2

Aren't there just two minor children left?  They are certainly old enough (teens) to be left at home for varying periods of time or maybe the older of the two still at home is teaching her younger brother. 

Perhaps one of the older girls is still living with Beall and is a sister mom?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic