IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 10

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Of course she recognized it!

But not until Galasko tied it to the antlers. He'd been shlepping her around for months with it hanging off of his belt and she never noticed it.

Actually, this film is so full of continuity and logic errors, I almost feel mean pointing that one out. I guess someone going through so much trauma could miss that.

• Haha 7

Since mentioning other recent Christian films is a thing that's happened in this thread already, another new one is Overcomer, the latest Kendrick Bros film.

The main plot is teen girls running cross country.

I wonder whether Doug's seen it.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Since mentioning other recent Christian films is a thing that's happened in this thread already, another new one is Overcomer, the latest Kendrick Bros film.

The main plot is teen girls running cross country.

I wonder whether Doug's seen it.

Bradrick! was very enthused to see it with lady friend, his niece, and her boyfriend per facebook.

• Thank You 7
  • Love 1

BRADRICK! has a lady friend? Has he talked to her father? Are they properly chaperoned at all times?
I’m betting he gave that up.
Can we resurrect that thread with an update on how divorced life is treating him?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, bea said:

BRADRICK! has a lady friend?

If it's the woman in the FB photo, in front of the movie poster, she's "in a relationship" with someone else, according to her FB profile.

178974364_Bradrick!goestothemovies.thumb.jpg.040f4718adf1487f067c2b92368536cb.jpg

That movie is another Christianist turd from the Kendrick brothers. Bradrick! seems to be hyping it which suggests that he is still drinking the Kool-aid, or maybe spitting it out on the side.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

If it's the woman in the FB photo, in front of the movie poster, she's "in a relationship" with someone else, according to her FB profile.

178974364_Bradrick!goestothemovies.thumb.jpg.040f4718adf1487f067c2b92368536cb.jpg

That movie is another Christianist turd from the Kendrick brothers. Bradrick! seems to be hyping it which suggests that he is still drinking the Kool-aid, or maybe spitting it out on the side.

No, that is his niece. It is the other woman, who he mentioned, but is not pictured. She has been mentioned on his fb profile before and they have been pictured together, however, she is married.

• Thank You 5
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

No, that is his niece. It is the other woman, who he mentioned, but is not pictured. She has been mentioned on his fb profile before and they have been pictured together, however, she is married.

Based on my FB stalking, I don't think she is married.  She talks about being a single mom.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Based on my FB stalking, I don't think she is married.  She talks about being a single mom.

I see the post you’re talking about, but I am seeing her status is “married to David Welch”. Hmm

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I had to take a second and a third look to recognize BRADRICK! Maybe because his ears are covered by his hat..

I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I had to take a second and a third look to recognize BRADRICK! Maybe because his ears are covered by his hat..

I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

His face is also filling out. Welcome to the 30s, Buddy! 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

More Alone Yet Not Alone recap:

We see Barbara's hair and skin getting dyed -- oddly, the dye seems to straighten her hair. Then she walks through the village, rockin' some buckskin and fringe:

Spoiler

image.png.a1429968353dc20a7e34e930b1f5eb40.png

She sees Marie, they run together for a hug, and the old woman pulls Marie away and beats her, yelling "No talk to friend!"

A montage follows, as the captives learn about life in the village -- the boys are taught to cover their tracks and hunt and butcher buffalo, Hylea gently teaches Barbara how to plant crops. The old woman shows Marie how to find edible grubs under a log, insulting her lack of strength as they attempt to move the log, and makes her eat soup with a mouse in it (they really should have cast Lori Alexander in this part).

NIght - Galasko jumps out from the dark with a buffalo hide over him, scaring Barbara. Then he takes it off and wraps it around her, and she flashes him this smile, because it's so cute when the guy who killed your relatives and kidnapped you scares you then gives you a fur:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7b2a864e546382857c08a1c322a4c444.png

Uh, Barb? He used the same skills to get that hide as he did getting your father's scalp -- y'know, the one that horrified you a few scenes back?

I'm not the only one who thinks this budding relationship is weird - Hannawoa looks daggers at his brother, and Marie walks by shaking her head and rolling her eyes.

Back in the tent, Barbara and Hylea act like two preteens at a sleepover.  Barbara invites Hylea under her new fur throw, and asks why Hannawoa is always angry. Hylea explains that it is because Selinqua prefers "Galasko's gentler ways" :what_the: and has chosen him to be the next chief. Barbara looks thoughtful (is she contemplating what a catch he is?).

I guess I should be grateful they don't giggle, braid one another's hair, or pass notes saying "Do u think Galasko likes Barbara? Check one: ☑️ Yes ☑️ No"

Through both of her scenes, Jubilee, as Hylea, speaks movie Indian talk (low on conjunctions and articles), gestures gracefully with her hands, and has a beatific smile. I can only imagine Doug coaching her on how to be a Noble Savage. ?

Day - Barbara finds Marie working alone, and goes over to talk to her. Marie accuses her of forgetting all about her, and complains she's had nothing to eat all winter but grubs, bark and mice. She says "I don't have Galasko bringing me food and blankets!"

Barbara promises to be more attentive, makes up two signals for Marie to give her any time she wants to meet, and assures her "Ve vill meet by the vaterfall -- I vill bring food."

A panoramic shot of fall foliage, over which we see the words:

Many Years Later.

In the village, we see an adult woman give the signal shown in the previous scene, and another (Kelly finally appears!) giving the second signal. That's how we know it's Marie and Barbara, all grown up, you see!

Except that isn't what they said they would do, so there's a continuity error between the two scenes (what a surprise!). Barbara originally told Marie to touch her elbow if she wants to meet, then says "do this if it is safe" and touches her brow.

It doesn't make sense for Marie to ask to meet if it isn't safe, or for them to have two signals that only Marie gives, with no sign that Barbara has seen it and will meet her.  I think the line in the first scene was supposed to be "I will do this if it is safe," or it was supposed to be Marie's line to say "do this if it is safe" to Barbara.

Oops.

Anyway, they meet at the waterfall. Well, under it.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8fdb65540f9407fe6dbc18f737077da6.png

More later. You will be happy to know that Barbara has lost her bad German accent as she matured.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

@thoughtful, Brava! You’ve given this movie much more thought than did anybody involved in its production!  

Thus I’m glad you weren’t consulted while it was in the making. It might have turned out half-watchable: “half” because you know Leininger wouldn’t have seriously considered comments by a mere woman. Which in itself is  annoying AF, since what Native historical accounts there are, show tribes to have been way more egalitarian in their social structure than previously assumed. 

But that’s all of a piece with depictions of conjunction-less, article-free Injuns, ain’t it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Well, what do you know?! Will you look at these two Vision Forum ladies in their unfeminine PANTS? Jennie, I truly hope that no one can see the curve of your buttocks when you take off that coat. And don't you know that long hair is a woman's blah blah blah blah blah...

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Well, what do you know?! Will you look at these two Vision Forum ladies in their unfeminine PANTS? Jennie, I truly hope that no one can see the curve of your buttocks when you take off that coat. And don't you know that long hair is a woman's blah blah blah blah blah...

Stacy is showing a bit of cleavage too. I will never forget her speaking at a Mother-Daughter Tea here in WA and preaching very extreme modesty. Another odd thing about all of her travel posts is that she is hiking a long ways wearing boots with heels. Small heels, yes, and somewhat sturdy looking boots, but not what I would think of for exploring the Highlands like that. She also mentioned how her husband and son-in-law had to help her because of her back. My massage therapist brain cannot help but wonder if she wears heels like that while on a hike, what must she wear for everyday use - no wonder she has back issues.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I can see it now: Jennie branches out and begins marketing “Sense and Sensibility” patterns for leggings and tube tops.

:pb_lol:

• Haha 12
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Ah, how far the mighty have fallen away from the gospel they once preached to lesser folk.

In fact, Jennie and her BFFs over at Ladies Against Feminism appear to have put their website on time out:

Time Out for LAF.jpg

Can't say I'm sorry to see Jennie gallivanting all over, dressed like a normal woman. Would be nice, though, if she could at least acknowledge her apparent repudiation of much of what she formerly pushed on other women and girls.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Stacy is showing a bit of cleavage too. I will never forget her speaking at a Mother-Daughter Tea here in WA and preaching very extreme modesty. Another odd thing about all of her travel posts is that she is hiking a long ways wearing boots with heels. Small heels, yes, and somewhat sturdy looking boots, but not what I would think of for exploring the Highlands like that. She also mentioned how her husband and son-in-law had to help her because of her back. My massage therapist brain cannot help but wonder if she wears heels like that while on a hike, what must she wear for everyday use - no wonder she has back issues.

She has scoliosis, IIRC, and nay have spent time in a body brace or cast gas a child. So there’s that. But I still detest how  she makes a living off the backs of her supposed friends. Pun unavoidable. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

Check out James' FB page, too. "A visit with Lord and Lady MacDonald..." So high-falutin', aren't we? Such a long, long way from Frumper Town. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Check out James' FB page, too. "A visit with Lord and Lady MacDonald..." So high-falutin', aren't we? Such a long, long way from Frumper Town. 

Wait, is the “lord and lady” hyperbole or sarcasm or what?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

As devoted to their Celtic roots as they’ve been (giving the children names in Celtic) , I notice the nobles’ name is “Mac” not “Mc,” and so it’s not a misspelling on Jamesie’s part:  Thus I’m sorry, but I must  take away this Bit o’snark.

I do think it’s probable that the couple upon whom  they are inflicting themselves are “Lord and Lady MacDonald” as opposed to “Her and His MLM-ness McDonald.” 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

As devoted to their Celtic roots as they’ve been (giving the children names in Celtic) , I notice the nobles’ name is “Mac” not “Mc,”

Yes, but I'm sure James and Stacy won't mind too much if their followers fail to notice the different spellings of the two names. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I have noticed Jennie Chancey was working with a young gay man, who does lovely historical patterns lately. Kind of surprising as he is very out on his insta.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Marserin said:

I have noticed Jennie Chancey was working with a young gay man, who does lovely historical patterns lately. Kind of surprising as he is very out on his insta.

Yep. Pinsent Tailoring. His stuff makes Jennie’s look like trash. And he is what he is.  He seems to be genuinely fond of s_and_s_patterns, as Jennie appears on instagram. 

44 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yes, but I'm sure James and Stacy won't mind too much if their followers fail to notice the different spellings of the two names. 

[Dr. Evil] Oh, sure. [\Dr. Evil]

LOL!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/6/2019 at 10:03 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Though not pictured, the words "reviewing" and "debating" lead me to suspect he was there. Those aren't most people's favorite things to do at parties, but Doug? Yes, that's his idea of fun. I would imagine that even when he's carousing with brunette burlesque beauties, he's trying to impart his wisdom and "educate" them. It's what he does. 

Ding ding ding!

@thoughtful I've still got like 4 pages to catch up on in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I'm LOVING your recaps!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

On 8/26/2019 at 12:11 PM, Palimpsest said:

I thought the Tool's scenes were cut from AYNA after the scandal. 

Same.

I *may* have ...umm "downloaded" a copy awhile back, and I could have sworn he was largely edited out of that cut. Of course, I was fast forwarding the hell out of it (the whole thing is so cringe-inducing it's like having delirium tremors) so I may have legitimately missed his scenes.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:31 AM, thoughtful said:

Yep - I specified when she appears in my first post about it.

We had a thread about the nomination when it first happened, as well as discussion in the Doug threads, if you want a trip down memory lane.

Oh wow, I just noticed Anna Becker in the credits on that screenshot. She's a volunteer "Program Coordinator" with Liberty Phillips at Best Defense Foundation. She pops up on both JT and Faith's IGs, so I figured she was associated with VF, but I hadn't realized that she was involved with AYNA.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:01 PM, thoughtful said:

Galasko politely walks Barbara to a tent, calls out to its residents, and out pops . . .

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.5b8c06b2d23edfb840d034db1f5d7d17.png

Jubilee Phillips, playing a character named Hylea. Hylea gently takes Barbara's hand and leads her into the tent.

From what I remember, Jubilee actually did well with her small role. She came off as fairly natural/unaffected on camera.

Victoria Emmons, on the other hand, *shudder*. I think they only cast her so that Kelly Leininger wouldn't be the worst actress in their scenes.

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic