IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 10

Coconut Flan

I had some neighbors way back when who had a broken drivers side window.  They drove for at least a year with a piece of plastic duct taped to the door.  It worked.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 6/20/2019 at 9:41 PM, Palimpsest said:

Faith reminds me of this, except she doesn't know what she is doing:

Hide contents

But keep on watching, Faith, and learn.  The song changes to La Chanson de Craonne, a WWI protest song.  It was banned in France until 1974 for being so subversive and anti-war.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Chanson_de_Craonne

And this is one of the better songs about the inhumanity of war, Faith.  It is not glorious,  So many never came back.  So many never spoke about it.  And you and your pestilent Daddy glorifying it make me sick.

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm wondering if you grabbed the correct video links you wanted to go with what you said.

The clip from Oh What a Lovely War is the one that has rewritten lyrics to They Didn't Believe Me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Didn't_Believe_Me

This is the clip with Chanson de Craonne:

And this is the melody it used:

Spoiler

Neither are in the duets video.

In any case, I certainly agree with you about the main point. War is not a fun romp down memory lane. And Doug is pestilent.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Apparently Beall went to the 80th birthday party for her mother-in-law, via her IG stories. No sign of Douggie, though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzcDrLxhCy9/

Understatement of the century: “I married into a not so run of the mill family.”

“…reviewing family lore…” Translation: Listening to Doug pontificate endlessly.

“…debating politics, religion, South Africa, Russia, vaccines, and keto vs vegan…” Translation: Is fascism really so bad and please don’t destroy little Traylor’s body with dead baby cells and DAMN I wish I could eat some of those carbs!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

If someone tries to put a sash like that on me when I turn 80, I will rip it right off and give them The Look my mother taught me so well (I can't quite do it as well as she can -- I can flare my nostrils and look daggers, but can't raise one eyebrow).

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzcDrLxhCy9/

Understatement of the century: “I married into a not so run of the mill family.”

“…reviewing family lore…” Translation: Listening to Doug pontificate endlessly.

“…debating politics, religion, South Africa, Russia, vaccines, and keto vs vegan…” Translation: Is fascism really so bad and please don’t destroy little Traylor’s body with dead baby cells and DAMN I wish I could eat some of those carbs!

She forgot hashtag happilymarried.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, bea said:

Okay but where’s Doug.
Seriously.
When was the last time he was actually around Beall? The wedding?

I suspect AmEx has the same question.

No action on Deadbeat DPIAT's lawsuit, which is still listed as "pending."

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, bea said:

Okay but where’s Doug.

Though not pictured, the words "reviewing" and "debating" lead me to suspect he was there. Those aren't most people's favorite things to do at parties, but Doug? Yes, that's his idea of fun. I would imagine that even when he's carousing with brunette burlesque beauties, he's trying to impart his wisdom and "educate" them. It's what he does. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

He’s alluded to in other posts, but there’s been no “proof of life” of him around Beall for..... over a year? If I remember correctly? Or maybe he was there at Thanksgiving. I get suspicious because of Beall talking happy families while DPIAT was hanging out with the burlesque troop in Europe

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Interesting that someone who is #happilymarried is very rarely, if ever, seen with her partner. Just sayin', Beall.. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

So at this point I feel like Beall is just downright lying and making things up about Dougie being there. I don't know wether I find that sad or amusing or what ever.

• Upvote 11

Perhaps to Beall #HappilyMarried is because they're apart and don't spend time together. 

One person's abandoned is another person's happy marriage.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

He really just must not be around. Beall is smart enough to understand that refraining from showing his name or face does nothing for anonymity or privacy, as anyone who knows who he is and what he has done knows that she is his wife, and their kids are their kids. I think she doesn’t use his name as some leverage in case someone ever calls her out on it and she can use it as an excuse that is trying to protect him from haters or something. Indeed, Where in the World is Doug Phillips?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, dripcurl said:

I think she doesn’t use his name as some leverage in case someone ever calls her out on it and she can use it as an excuse that is trying to protect him from haters or something. 

One of her Instagram followers asked her once (in the comments under a post), "Was Doug there?", and she-- not answering "yes" or "no," of course-- said, "Oh, my husband just feels that social media is so silly," or something like that. Really, Beall? "Phil" doesn't think social media is silly when he's telling Lady Flo how gorgeous she looks in her corsets and leotards. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

A couple of things on Beall's IG Stories caught my eye a few days ago (around July 3/4).

Screenshot2.thumb.png.20f14f07e83068674220c2dfc5dc3edb.png

Screenshot1.png.0c5b2cb88ff6420b890b8413cb29ef92.png

• Thank You 8

"I didn't even marry you because I loved you." 

For once she says something I actually believe! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

I want to know what Doug's "promise" was, exactly...?

"I promise to found a patriarchal cult"

"I promise that if I should one day jerk off on our children's nanny, it will be discreetly enough that you'll be able to claim plausible deniability"

"I promise that after 20 years of homeschooling 8 children you'll be thrown back in the workforce to clean bed pans at 50, while I chase burlesque dancers around Europe"

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

So, does she believe Doug has broken that promise, but isn't brave enough to say it? (Stay for the kids, keep up the façade, ...?)

Does she believe the promise is merely "I won't divorce you," so he's kept it?

Does she believe the promise is a lot more than that, but rationalizes that somehow he's kept it?

I'd give a lot to know what she's really thinking. 'Cause divorce or not, this guy has not in any meaningful way been supporting this marriage, pulling his weight, keeping his vows. It's disgusting.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Back in the day (a few years ago), not supporting your family, leading your wife to rejoin the work force to support herself and the kids because there are minor children in the home, was probably the most degrading situation a man could face in patriarchy. Oh, and not being around to control every. damn. detail. of his daughters' lives. 

C'mon, Beall, an insightful and true humble recounting of what's changed in your life, how that change came about, how it's tested/strengthened/changed your faith would be so...honest and refreshing.   

That said, none of the kids signed up for this, so protecting their privacy is  more important than us knowing the details.  But still...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 6/27/2019 at 12:54 AM, thoughtful said:

In any case, I certainly agree with you about the main point. War is not a fun romp down memory lane. And Doug is pestilent.

My favorite song is this one and it makes me cry every.single.time.  War.Is.Not.Glamorous.

Edited by Soulhuntress
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

On 7/7/2019 at 7:49 PM, AnnaSofia said:

A couple of things on Beall's IG Stories caught my eye a few days ago (around July 3/4).

Screenshot2.thumb.png.20f14f07e83068674220c2dfc5dc3edb.png

Screenshot1.png.0c5b2cb88ff6420b890b8413cb29ef92.png

People who are #countingupto50 #growingoldwithyou are supposed to be too mature for the transparent screams for attention that is vague-booking Be All.  

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 9

• 1 month later...

Look what I found!

https://tubitv.com/movies/382397/alone_yet_not_alone

Dougie's feature film debut, the semi-historical homage to the Leiningers, Alone Yet Not Alone. The entire masterpiece!

If you want to watch the whole thing, go for it -- it's badly acted, badly edited, and has bad accents and wigs of all kinds. There 's some gorgeous scenery and nice buildings, though.

Here's who I found, and where I found them:

Jubilee Phillips (and Lourdes’ mom?) at 48:15, 49:13, 51:23, playing young Hylea

Lourdes (and her mom?) – 1:00:29

Brett Harris 1:05-1:12:20, off and on, 1:15:09, 1:18:17-end, off and on (it’s a major role)

1:16:35 – Dougie (in the worst wig since Barbara Stanwyck in Double Indemnity!), 1:20:10 (now there’s a hat, too! He must have been in heaven), 1:22:30-1:24

Spoiler

image.png.2f37b5696821b7f828f8d9df50695625.png

According to the cast list, all of the Phillipses are in it somewhere, but I didn't spot them on first viewing. If I find them, I'll come back and post again, but I'd love it if someone beat me to it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1986769/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Edited by thoughtful
adding colonel dougie's pic
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Lourdes updated her FB support page recently and she is doing great, studying fashion design  marketing, not MLM bullshit nonsense.  I am so happy for her and she looks fabulous. Tool can suck it and so can the be all and end well.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic