IGNORED

So sorry, Ellie!

Granwych

So, apparently Ellie is gestating her first litter.  I had so fervently hoped  that the Maxwell Backyard Bad Breeders would never become a reality.  

In the meantime, Grampwych and I are anxiously waiting calls from the vet.  Our little Maltese was diagnosed as diabetic and is an inpatient until his blood glucose levels get stabilized.I

Hugs to everyone who gives their pets the love and care they deserve.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 29

@Granwych,  I hope your Maltese and you, too adjust well to his being diabetic.  I've had two diabetic cats:  Twice a day insulin injections, indoors only (so they'd be around when it was time for their insulin), canned food, and so on.  My cats adjusted well to their new routine.   In fact, they were always right there when it was time for their shots and food.  They knew that needle stick would make them feel good.  

ETA:  I am really dismayed to hear that Ellie is pregnant.  May this litter be her last!

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Love 8

@Granwych, I hope your fur baby responds to treatment and is able to come home to a continued comfortable life. 

And i’m disappointed in the Maxwells for delving into backyard breeding. I was holding out hope that Ellie would never get knocked up, but maybe it took this long to get through the no-touch courtship and secret wedding; I *know* Steve wouldn’t let her be a single mom.  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8

Thanks so much for thinking of our baby.   He can come home tomorrow, thank Rufus.  It's too quiet without him.

It's sickening how  the Maxwells think of Ellie as a cash cow.  Maybe that's the main reason Stevehovah let Poor Sarah get Ellie in the first place.  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Can someone give the link again of Sarah's breeding web site?  Thanks in advance.

Poor Ellie.  Hope she's ok.  I'm also hoping the Maxwells don't make much money from the pups and get out of the backyard breeding business.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Okay, where are you seeing that Ellie is pregnant? I'm not seeing anything on any of their pages. 

• I Agree 2

I’ve not seen anything on the Tits 2 blog or Sarah’s “Kansas Goldens” site.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Here is a link to the site. The site mostly implies that Ellie isn’t in heat or they’re still waiting. Given that Sarah did the first blog post there in April last year, she’s been waiting nearly a year. I wonder if Sarah’s given up. She’s not written anything on the site since last May, either.

https://kansasgoldens.com/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

it would make my day if Ellie truly isn't pregnant (and never is).  she's such a beautiful dog, but these people shouldn't be selling animals.  Ellie should be spayed and allowed to live solely as a companion and pet.

• I Agree 4
  • Love 5

I just peeked at the site and if you scroll down she is accepting deposits and is awaiting Ellies first litter. I dont get why she just assumes if youre buying their puppy youre a good dog person. Poor Ellie

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Here is a link to the site. The site mostly implies that Ellie isn’t in heat or they’re still waiting. Given that Sarah did the first blog post there in April last year, she’s been waiting nearly a year. I wonder if Sarah’s given up. She’s not written anything on the site since last May, either.

You're right, it still says they're waiting for her to go into heat. So hopefully she's not pregnant. There's just no need for her to have puppies...there's plenty of professional dog breeders in the world. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

You're right, it still says they're waiting for her to go into heat. So hopefully she's not pregnant. There's just no need for her to have puppies...there's plenty of professional dog breeders in the world. 

What are the chances of her heat coinciding perfectly with the almighty schedule? She might be safe just based on her lack of adherence to Steve's proclamations.

Still, she should be spayed. But it's like Steve not to allow something "FUN" without trying to profit from it. I wonder how they talked him into keeping the cat? Maybe Arnold made Teri smile and Steve realized since she can't have proper mental health treatment the cat might help?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

I dont get why she just assumes if youre buying their puppy youre a good dog person. Poor Ellie

yes, this is mind-bogglingly stupid on Sarah's part.  there are plenty of assholes with disposable cash out there.  they don't even need to be particularly rich. 

Mr. CL has a friend whose wife had gotten a chocolate lab puppy before they met; that breed was particularly trendy in her area at the time, and some of her friends were also getting puppies.  now, this woman is very nice and her dog lived a comfortable life (the dog has since passed on due to age), but she is not a dog person.  she didn't like walking her, complained often about the barking and the poop in the yard, and the dog spent much of each day at home alone; later, she had little patience for the dog's medical needs as she aged.  Husband pretty much took over her care after they began living together; he grew to love the dog very quickly, but he was occasionally annoyed that Wife soon regarded her as an afterthought of sorts.  after her passing, Wife has hinted at getting another puppy, but Husband resists because he knows he will be the sole caretaker again.  So while they have the means to pay for a purebred dog, that doesn't mean they are the best people to properly care for one.  and plenty of people would neglect a dog after losing interest; if Husband hadn't stepped in, this one may have had a much harder life unless Wife voluntarily re-homed her.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

I never click over to the Maxhell forum any more because they're soooooooooooooo boring, but as soon as I saw "So Sorry, Ellie" in the topic list I came right over.

I wonder if Steve officiated a "wedding" for Ellie and her Stud, and then talked about death.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Is it possible Ellie did have puppies last year and Sarah got enough deposits that she didn't update the web site?

3 minutes ago, PopRox said:

I never click over to the Maxhell forum any more because they're soooooooooooooo boring, but as soon as I saw "So Sorry, Ellie" in the topic list I came right over.

I wonder if Steve officiated a "wedding" for Ellie and her Stud, and then talked about death.

If you've read the Rods subform lately, you've read about where Ellie could get  wedding dress.  And the stud a tux.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Is it possible Ellie did have puppies last year and Sarah got enough deposits that she didn't update the web site?

I kind of doubt it. I know they strictly curate what appears on the blog, but it seems like there would have been some mention of puppies, or a photo of Ellie pregnant (and we've seen her in several pictures throughout the year with no visible change). Also, a photo of the first litter would be a good selling point on the pup website as proof that Ellie's fertile. 

I do wish they'd spay her. It would be better for the poor thing. 

• I Agree 6

4 hours ago, Candydandy said:

I just peeked at the site and if you scroll down she is accepting deposits and is awaiting Ellies first litter. I dont get why she just assumes if youre buying their puppy youre a good dog person. Poor Ellie

The Maxwells will not take on what they consider to be unnecessary work.  Screen puppy buyers?  Nope.  Those buyers can consider themselves lucky to get a dog from the sainted Maxwell's of Leavenworth.  I would just love to learn who sold Ellie to them and compare that breeder's  new owner requirements to the Maxwells'  sole absolute requirement of $$$$$.

Steve, you do a disservice to ethical breeders everywhere.  You've showed that Ellie's value to your family is for her ability to generate income.  Gah.

Edited by Granwych
Addendum
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Maybe she won't.  I can't imagine even domestic animals getting into the mood in Maxhell.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Taking deposits =/ Ellie is pregnant. Sarah has had that same language for over a year now. 

@Granwych, you've been asked a few times where you are seeing that she's pregnant - can you please tell us?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Taking deposits =/ Ellie is pregnant. Sarah has had that same language for over a year now. 

@Granwych, you've been asked a few times where you are seeing that she's pregnant - can you please tell us?

When I made the initial post in this thread, I had seen where Sarah had posted that deposits were being taken.  I check the site every so often and had not seen the "taking deposits" blurb for awhile.  I went to the site just now and got a "account suspended" notification.  So, who knows what's going on in Royal Canine Maxwelldom?

Thanks to everyone wishing Wychdog a speedy recovery.  He's home, on twice daily insulin, and a rather reduced diet.  He's still following us to the fridge, but we gotta be strong and watch his carbs.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Website is suspended. It's on Wayback, but the images are not visible. Here's the ones I could find using Google Image search:

1.thumb.png.3ad5898083a1dc646d352ade46267aed.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3