• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

quiversR4hunting
1 minute ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Totally.

I always dressed my girl in this type of thing, just because neither of us was into frills and straps and buttons.  This covers her "modesty" standards too, so I don't know why Jill doesn't have a bunch of these in a wardrobe for all of them.

And Lands End lasts and lasts and lasts. Dresses like that could have made it through 3 to 6 girls, easily. Put with nice tights (in the winter) and the girl will look totally normal. But then Jilly can't grift and say this is all they can afford and get sympathy bags of clothes (I think I read people have given them clothes before) and if you don't put a t-shirt under a spaghetti strap dress how would anyone know that you are being very modest? Why people might think you have a nice dress on!   :faint: 

We can't have that! People must know they are dressing modestly!

Alisamer
3 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

And layering spaghetti strap sun dresses over turtlenecks has never been a hot look because it’s ridiculous. 

True! I have however seen a few spaghetti strap dresses over (fitted) t-shirts lately. It's kind  of a 90's look but some of that is edging back into fashion. I kind of hope it takes off because I love the look of sundresses but really want my bra straps covered. The amount of engineering it takes to cantilever these girls straplessly is never comfortable. Despite plus size clothing lines being really into off-the-shoulder, strapless, and spaghetti strap stuff. I always end up with a tank top from Old Navy under pretty much anything I wear in the spring and summer. 

Spaghetti straps over turtlenecks is never a good look, though. 

Janessa is super cute. I hope she continues to get proper medical monitoring and care despite her parents.

thoughtful
2 hours ago, OutoftheShadows said:

BEC moment ahead: Why, for the love of Rufus, is Janessa wearing a fancy dress up dress, like you’d wear to a wedding, with a black T-shirt underneath? Are we really that concerned about a female infant defrauding a man?  Because that’s some seriously fucked up thinking right there. And why can’t she be cozy comfy? I’m sure the local Goodwill shop would have some stretchy long sleeved cotton play dresses that would be much more comfortable for sleep and play

Don't be so hard on yourself. That is not a BEC comment. That is an ICMAJCTSD* comment.

* I care more about Jill's children than she does.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 2

SilverBeach
19 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I love the look of sundresses but really want my bra straps covered.

I am plus-sized and only buy sundresses with straps wide enough to cover my bra. I love sundresses. Gave up on strapless bras.

Wine time!
justmissedquiver
2 hours ago, FunFunFundie said:

Is that baby super photoshopped? In a post that is declaring that imperfect babies are the best?

I think Jill is using photoshop to blur the background because she doesn't know how to use a camera in manual.

nausicaa
1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I always dressed my girl in this type of thing, just because neither of us was into frills and straps and buttons.  This covers her "modesty" standards too, so I don't know why Jill doesn't have a bunch of these in a wardrobe for all of them.

I've long wondered this too. Lands End and L.L. Bean have plenty of comfortable, very modest dresses like this. Anna Duggar and Melanie Maxwell seem to favor them for their kids, so we know they're Fundie approved. And even if Jill doesn't want to pay those sorts of prices for higher quality (because expecting practicality as well as long-term financial planning from Jill might be a bit too much at once), I also see cheaper knockoffs of these types of dresses at Target and J.C. Penney. 

Honestly? The woman has the mindset of a child. And ruffles and poly satin are ooh shiny. And comfort be damned. It ain't going on Jill's body...

Happy
OutoftheShadows
1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Totally.

473611_AK16_LF_AY5.jpg

zu44380762_main_tm1483551625.jpg

Yaaaasss!! Hanna Andersson!! My daughter had a ton of their stuff. Cute dresses with matchy leggings underneath. Expensive, yes, but they were indestructible. And for Jill, they’d be a great long term investment. Wait a minute...what am I thinking...TIJWATA. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Georgiana

92 threads.  JRod may be the first fundie I know of to hit 100.  Good lord.

Continue here:

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1