IGNORED

Mama June of Honey Boo Boo

ViolaSebastian

Damn. This whole family seems to be a mess. It's sad because none of her daughters seem to be "bad" kids. Allanna is a bit loud/rude but no more so than some of the young people I used to work with. The way June exploited those poor girls has probably done lasting damage, I hope that if their dad is in the picture and now caring for them that he can help them adjust to a normal life away from TV cameras. Kids don't belong on reality TV shows and stuff like this makes me question why those girls were even left with June. 
Hopefully, the kids who are still below 18 can now be given healthier food to eat and time to be kids away from TV cameras. 

• Upvote 8

33 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Do any of the older sisters live with June? I know she had a falling out with Anna because she dated Anna’s molester. I checked wiki, and one kid didn’t move with them when they moved a few years ago because she had 3 months left of high school. I wonder how she’s doing since she got to escape June. Then Pumpkin has a baby. Apparently the middle two have the same father, a convicted sex offender who tried to exploit a minor. June has such awful taste in men and absolutely no maternal desire to protect her children.

Anna and her husband are separated/divorced but she seems to take care of her daughters so she’s already doing better than June. I don’t believe she and June have a relationship.

Jessica is in college. 

Lauryn is married and has a toddler. 

Alanna is the only one still with June. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Anna and her husband are separated/divorced but she seems to take care of her daughters so she’s already doing better than June. I don’t believe she and June have a relationship.

Jessica is in college. 

Lauryn is married and has a toddler. 

Alanna is the only one still with June. 

If I were Anna I wouldn’t speak to June either. Dating the guy who did such terrible things to her is such a deep betrayal. What kind of human does that? And imagine she was also really worried about Alanna.

I’m so happy for Jessica. She must have a  real drive to succeed. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

On 3/17/2019 at 2:27 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Do any of the older sisters live with June? I know she had a falling out with Anna because she dated Anna’s molester. I checked wiki, and one kid didn’t move with them when they moved a few years ago because she had 3 months left of high school. I wonder how she’s doing since she got to escape June. Then Pumpkin has a baby. Apparently the middle two have the same father, a convicted sex offender who tried to exploit a minor. June has such awful taste in men and absolutely no maternal desire to protect her children.

It all comes down to sex. She would rather have a man between her legs than parent her children. Any man at all. Sorry to be blunt but this stuff bothers the heck out of me. The worst part is half the time, the kids turn out the same. 

• Upvote 5
  • Move Along 1
  • Love 4

I worry most about Alana. Her childhood has been anything from normal once TLC got involved. I think that June engaged in parental annihilation once she broke up with Sugar Bear. The entire family is dysfunctional but I worry about Alana. She has been in the spotlight since a young age.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It all comes down to sex. She would rather have a man between her legs than parent her children. Any man at all. Sorry to be blunt but this stuff bothers the heck out of me. The worst part is half the time, the kids turn out the same. 

It might be sex, but it also might be that she has such low self esteem that she thinks she is worthless without a man. I've known women like that.  One in particular was on her 5th or 6th marriage the last time I saw her, I worked with her.  She was bright, very attractive, had a really good job and still could not seem to realize that she was "worth it" as I heard someone else describe her.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Briefly said:

It might be sex, but it also might be that she has such low self esteem that she thinks she is worthless without a man. I've known women like that.  One in particular was on her 5th or 6th marriage the last time I saw her, I worked with her.  She was bright, very attractive, had a really good job and still could not seem to realize that she was "worth it" as I heard someone else describe her.

She’s also very against getting married. I suspect June has tons of childhood and adulthood trauma she’s never addressed. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Briefly said:

And that she might not deserve a good and decent man. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• 4 months later...

Geno trying to justify his recent behavior.

• Haha 1

What a piece of shit! 

I never liked June and I never liked the way that she exploited Alana and her kids. I hope she put that money aside for Alana's therapy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

What a piece of shit! 

I never liked June and I never liked the way that she exploited Alana and her kids. I hope she put that money aside for Alana's therapy. 

Alana is living with her sister. Her money is in a trust. Her sister has access to it but has to justify everything she spends money on. I hope her sister is getting child support from June. June should be paying for Alana's expenses, not Alana, not Pumpkin.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I follow Pumpkin on Instagram. Alana is starting high school tomorrow. Apparently, June had been homeschooling her. Alana looks excited. I hope she has a great normal high school experience. That kid deserves some normalcy in her life. 

Also, Alan's nickname is now Atlanta. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I wonder how prepared this child will be for high school? I feel sorry for her. The real world is not going to be kind. All the grossness of the show will follow her. I hope TLC and other media leave her alone.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, texasdreamer said:

I wonder how prepared this child will be for high school? I feel sorry for her. The real world is not going to be kind. All the grossness of the show will follow her. I hope TLC and other media leave her alone.

Collin Gosselin is doing ok in public school. He even made honor roll. I think that if Collin can do it, so can Alana. They will both need a lot of support to get over everything that has happened to them. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

• 6 months later...
50 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Even with the arrest and abandoning her family, Mama June got another season.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1120617/mama-june-returns-home-in-we-tv-s-family-crisis

Ugh. This can't be good. None of the little flickers of them in the last months have indicated any progess on her part.

Reality show manipulates children. I'm sure the girls have been sold on the idea that they are in charge. But they don't have a show without their mom. They need money and Alana loves tv.

It is sick.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

No no no no. From toddlers and tiaras to Kate Goslin to Mama June we have got to stop enabling these awful mothers. Children are suffering. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

According to TMZ, Mama June won't be interviewed in the new season and won't be paid.  They'll be using shots from court or out in public and the rest will be her family.  I hope they're mainly making money for Honey Boo Boo to have in the bank to support her and maybe some for college.  Otherwise it looks like simply more exploitation. 

• I Agree 5

I'm glad June won't get a penny, she doesn't deserve any money. I don't like the idea of them still being on tv but those girl's have all went through a lot of crap and the money might be good for them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I'm glad June won't get a penny, she doesn't deserve any money. I don't like the idea of them still being on tv but those girl's have all went through a lot of crap and the money might be good for them. 

I agree. The girls should get everything.

I think Alana is talented. I watched some of her performances on DWTS. She was a delight. She's also funny.

I think she's at a huge risk for crazy amounts of emotional and psychological damage. It's good that her older sisters seem to be stabilizing influences in her life. Still, I can't help but think that several years off screen, in school and focusing on something like, performance would be good for her. With a dose of therapy.

But, she's grown up in the spotlight. She's got a fanbase. She has one horrible parent and another one who is "debatable." I believe that we can safely say she's an emotional eater.

They've alluded to her being out of at least one school cause of bullying. I can imagine that she has struggled. I hope she has irl friends.

Poor kid. I root for her.

• Upvote 4

• 2 years later...

https://people.com/tv/mama-june-shannon-supports-16-year-old-daughter-alana-honey-boo-boo-thompson-dating-20-year-old/

June you useless piece of shit, people aren’t worried because he is black, they disapprove because he is 20 and she is 16! They have been dating a year. Basic maths tells us he was 19 and she was 15 when this started! Giving you are her mother, this relationship might be great for her, but it deserves a LOT of scrutiny by people who actually have her best interests at heart. :pulling_hair:

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

https://people.com/tv/mama-june-shannon-supports-16-year-old-daughter-alana-honey-boo-boo-thompson-dating-20-year-old/

June you useless piece of shit, people aren’t worried because he is black, they disapprove because he is 20 and she is 16! They have been dating a year. Basic maths tells us he was 19 and she was 15 when this started! Giving you are her mother, this relationship might be great for her, but it deserves a LOT of scrutiny by people who actually have her best interests at heart. :pulling_hair:

Talk about some fucked up generational trauma. I really despise June, coming from a poor, dysfunctional background does not mean that you get a pass for exploiting your children so horrendously, including choosing a man who sexually abused your children over them. There is no excuse for that

But beyond that dumb headline, some of her quotes showed a lot about her mentality. He's older. He doesn't have a solid work history. But he doesn't treat her "bad", and that's what matters. As far as how she views her daughters, 16-17 is "adult". I remember teaching comprehensive sex ed with a volunteer group in school (during the Bush admin when poor schools who needed funding could only teach abstinence only ed) and it was common to hear things like, "Oh I don't want a baby I'm too young, But when I'm grown up like my older sister that's okay, she's 16," from an 11-12 year old girl. To be honest in my family, especially my dad's side that is Native Hawaiian, young motherhood is more expected and regular than not, 16-18, is the average age most of my female relatives, younger and older, have had their first keiki. I would have had my first at 17 but got bullied into an abortion by my ex, the really nerdy, goofy looking, student body president who didn't want to be associated with slutty trash like me, but was okay with booty calling me after he dumped me. But yeah, regardless of ethnicity this is a common mindset in low income communities. Not universal by a long shot, but in places without jobs or only unskilled minimum wage work without a lot of social mobility, a lot of the reasons to put off motherhood don't apply. 

I believe on top of that you have June, who comes from a background of abuse and was a teen mom with an older father. There was an older comment above accusing her of wanting a "dick between her legs" more than caring about her daughters. She is a shit mom, background or not, but abusers can still come from abuse. To make her a "slutty sex driven" woman, is an antiquated accusation against women who don't conform to social norms. It's often a lot more about self esteem and replaying unhealthy relationship patterns seen and experienced growing up, etc. I don't like the idea she's a shitty mom because she's a "whore" or that being sexually driven means you're a shit mom. 

June is a rubbish person, an abuse victim who is an abuser, who has a lot of generational trauma and is very much so a product of her environment with many actions, but who has gone even further in her abandonment of her children, which has no excuse. But the reasons for that aren't because she cares about "a dick between her legs" than her daughters. She is putting herself and her own needs, wants and desires which I guarantee are much more than a rando penis in her vagina, before her daughters, which she has done no work on, even when given access to resources she wouldn't have had before, and in a selfish way exploited her children and herself (the former is fucked up and should be illegal, the latter well there's debate on how moral it is but is her right) for more. 

Right now the victims are her daughters but really they've done great. Perspectives based on middle class values would judge them for being young mothers but they prove that isn't a moral failing or any other judgement against them, because they've worked hard to improve their lot and so far seem to be amazing moms who put their children first unlike their mother. Sexuality has no baring on being a good person (like Pumpkin and the other girls) or a rubbish person (June). And to make claims like that only perpetuates fucked up archaic judgements about women and their identity that's a no win situation because they have to be virgins to be "good" but then to be desired by men have to be "whores". Fuck that entire mentality. 

• 1 year later...
  • Coconut Flan changed the title to Mama June of Honey Boo Boo

Thanks. I assumed she was dying when they posted prayers the other day. So sad for Alana and Anna's children. It seemed like Anna was a stabilizing force in the family. 

• Upvote 3

I will say one thing for June’s 4 girls. They have battled a shit ton through out their childhoods and did pretty well for themselves as adults. Anna had the world stacked against her. And I’m sorry her life was cut so short. I know the younger daughter has a father who can get custody of her. But I’m unsure of her older daughter. I would hate to see the girls split up. And I would hate to see the older daughter given to June. She shouldn’t raise anymore children. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5