IGNORED

Mama June of Honey Boo Boo

ViolaSebastian

Mama June, mother of Honey Boo Boo, has reportedly been taken into custody following a domestic incident with her partner, Geno. While Geno was arrested for "domestic violence/harassment, felony possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia," Mama June was arrested for "felony possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia." No word on the drug of choice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6815165/Mama-June-arrested-Comes-Honey-Boo-Boo-star-taken-felony-drug-possession.html

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

11 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Good.  I hate that family.

June's still the mother of a thirteen year old child, even if she's hardly the ideal mother.  What an awful thing for Alana Thompson.  I hope she's well cared for by her father.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

Mama June ? 

That family is a mess. I hate that reality television rewarded her bad behavior and made her a minor celebrity.

Actually, I just hate reality television. ?

Edited by Starrynight
To clarify
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 8

2 minutes ago, Starrynight said:

Mama June ? 

That family is a mess. I hate that reality television rewarded her bad behavior and made her a minor celebrity.

Actually, I just hate reality television. ?

I agree. I’m surprised by how well her two oldest girls are doing. The way they grew up made me fear for their futures. I really hope all four of those girls can succeed in their adult lives despite their upbringing. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Not really surprising she also took her child around the pedophile who molested her other daughter. She's not known for making good decisions. I wonder what kind of drugs and if she used to lose weight 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

I'm not surprised that she has gotten herself into trouble.  I don't really follow them and I didn't watch the show, I felt it enabled a spoiled, undisciplined, bratty child to become even more spoiled, undisciplined and bratty.  I remember that they were on the Dr. Phil show and he laid out a lot of guidelines that she needed to follow in order to properly care for her daughter.  It included weight loss for the girl and the only reason I really know about this is that it was reported that the girl was not following the diet plan because Mom was not making her.  What little I've seen gave me the impression that all Mom cares about is Mom, nobody else matters - not even her children.  Just her.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

According to a brief Google, I think pot is covered as a class c felony in Alabama.

Not that this makes her any better of  a person - however, I never much took her for like, a meth or heroin junkie.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

My gut is telling me heroin. With the way heroin use is exploding across the south, there are people using it who you wouldn't think would. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

I doubt it’s weed. My guess is opiates/opioids. Sometimes a person who loses a lot of weight through gastric bypass can turn to something else to cope (that is if she was using food to cope) without addressing the core issues. It’s seen as switching from one addiction to another. I’m only saying opiates/opioids because they are so popular right now. Alert: this is all speculation. I just want to make that clear. 

• Upvote 10

The speculative guess of heroin or opiates coming off the back end of food addiction is logical.. I can't imagine she would be in a good place psychologically and she's doing something to cope...if not food, and she couldn't get pills, yeah, then, it can be easier to get heroin.

However. I am a person who once called the police in Oregon in my own domestic violence situation and I got a stupid fucking pot citation (prior to legislation)... Sometimes, they see it and they're biased and it is really shitty.

I won't be too shocked either way. She isn't a healthy woman.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I'm not surprised, I watched a couple of episodes of Honey Boo Boo and she was a mess and after her getting back together with the man that went to prison for molesting her daughter she is obviously a horrible person. 

Alana is hopefully with her father, he seemed a lot more normal than June.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Mrs. Wolf Cat said:

Not really surprising she also took her child around the pedophile who molested her other daughter. She's not known for making good decisions. I wonder what kind of drugs and if she used to lose weight 

Yeah, she's not a good decision maker.

The article mentions surgery (along with diet and exercise). I suspected as much given how much weight she lost.

I'm not even gonna bother asking who this Geno guy is because I doubt anyone else knows.

• Upvote 2

Ok I see that Alana is now on a show called Dancing With the Star (kids edition). I really hope she enjoys herself and is pleased with her progress in the competition. I hate that mama June is constantly exploiting her but I at least hope Alana gets some enjoyment out of it. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

The first article described a "domestic incident," but from reading subsequent articles (my life....what has it become...), they had a fight in a gas station. So it didn't take place in the home.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

Yeah, she's not a good decision maker.

The article mentions surgery (along with diet and exercise). I suspected as much given how much weight she lost.

I'm not even gonna bother asking who this Geno guy is because I doubt anyone else knows.

She had gastric bypass surgery - it was on last season or the season before and all her issues with it after,  plus she had a personal trainer.  She's already regained back over 60 pounds.   Geno is not the guy who molested her kid - he has 4 kids and is her live in boyfriend.  Or was  - who knows?   They showed him getting arrested in previews on the show last night - not sure if it was this issue or a totally different one though.

Alana was on Dancing with the Stars, Junior - it was on last summer, I think.  They are doing a Duggar time line on the show, apparently.  She seemed to enjoy it a lot, and lasted a couple more weeks than I thought she would.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

TMZ is now reporting that the drug in question is crack cocaine.  I cannot stand June, and I found the behavior she encouraged in Alanna to be disgusting and damaging, but for her children’s sake I was hoping it was just a little weed. Crack cocaine suggests a much more dangerous, dark lifestyle for her. I don’t think Alanna’s dad is any great shakes, but I hope he can take the necessary steps to protect her.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

they had a fight in a gas station.

Must have been a fight over whether to get the share size Peanut M & Ms or two regular bags. 

• Downvote 1
  • Haha 5

Damn. I hope Alana’s dad takes action. Though a dad in his position would have sued for sole custody when Mama June decided to date the man that molested her older daughter. Does anyone know if he tried to do anything back then?

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Damn. I hope Alana’s dad takes action. Though a dad in his position would have sued for sole custody when Mama June decided to date the man that molested her older daughter. Does anyone know if he tried to do anything back then?

June alleged he was physically abusive to one of the older daughters so I don't think so. 

It also appeared from the show that he worked very long hours six days a week.

• Sad 3

Trash. Her transformation was amazing, but it was a waste. Alana will need to the same thing, poor child. She's got personality and it's too bad she has June for a mother.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

Do any of the older sisters live with June? I know she had a falling out with Anna because she dated Anna’s molester. I checked wiki, and one kid didn’t move with them when they moved a few years ago because she had 3 months left of high school. I wonder how she’s doing since she got to escape June. Then Pumpkin has a baby. Apparently the middle two have the same father, a convicted sex offender who tried to exploit a minor. June has such awful taste in men and absolutely no maternal desire to protect her children.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Mama June of Honey Boo Boo