IGNORED

Amish "outcasts" assaulting men

Buzzard

I noticed that those seemed like unusually long sentences - but I am wondering if it is classified as a hate crime, due to the religious nature, and that is why ? Don't know the laws in that area and if they give long sentences as a rule.

Yup, it was classified as a hate crime since it was a religious-based attack. It has been on the news nonstop today locally. Ohio has the largest Amish settlement in the world in Wayne/Holmes counties. My family has some very good friends who are Amish, but they are cool as hell! They went to Dollywood with my grandparents once. Every time I see those pictures, it cracks me up! lol I've been to Amish weddings and we used to go have dinner with them often. The kids would teach me to speak dutch.

mmmm....Amish Country. I don't think I've been there since Columbus day. I might have to make a cheese and fabric run soon! lol

ETA: And the sentencing around here is hit or miss. There are people with 20+ DUIs who still have driver's licenses. Then you get some Amish cutting off a family member's beard, and they throw the book at them.

Archived