IGNORED

Mosque shooting, Christchurch NZ

nvmbr02

43 minutes ago, adidas said:

A prison director may also deny a prisoner access to the minimum entitlements if they are in segregation “for purposes of security, good order, or safety; or for the purpose of protective custody”.

And I'm guessing he is there, even though he's officially on remand. I have no doubt there are provisions under law for prisoners being investigated as part of further criminal conspiracy links, and I am guessing they don't want him either harmed or further spreading his doctrine. I have no idea if NZ has additional terrorism legislation but if he were detained here he would be similarly being held incommunicado.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

And I'm guessing he is there, even though he's officially on remand. I have no doubt there are provisions under law for prisoners being investigated as part of further criminal conspiracy links, and I am guessing they don't want him either harmed or further spreading his doctrine. I have no idea if NZ has additional terrorism legislation but if he were detained here he would be similarly being held incommunicado.

Yes, he is definitely in segregation - I saw it on the news but will try to find a link. 

Edit - here is a quote to confirm:

“The individual is segregated from other prisoners and able to be observed 24 hours a day, either directly by staff and/or via CCTV camera,” the Corrections spokeswoman said.

The suspect is going to face at least 89 charges - 50 murder and 39 attempted murder charges.

The man accused of carrying out the Christchurch mosque attacks will face 50 murder charges and 39 attempted murder charges when he makes his second court appearance, New Zealand police said Thursday.

Police had earlier filed a single, representative murder charge against 28-year-old Australian Brenton Harrison Tarrant. He is due to appear via video link during a brief hearing on Friday, and won’t be required to enter a plea.

Fifty people died in the March 15 attacks on two mosques and another 50 were injured.

Police said in a brief statement that they were considering filing more charges against Tarrant but couldn’t comment further as the case was before the court.

If that was the US fuckhead probably would have pardoned him by now and tried to get him a cabinet posting.

Archived