IGNORED

Girl hangs bible verses on school lockers to protest gay pride and claims persecution

SecularMusic

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-4 4schooler-posted-bible-verses-response-pride-flags-suspended-targeting-gay-straight-alliance-club-221144568.html?fbclid=IwAR1Hc8eOupuOFDN6uLUZG7IhHfsULipvrmi2PPT7bfBBobTzyq48vj0TEDw

This came across my Facebook feed today courtesy of a friend who cited it as an example of how Christians are being persecuted because of the "gay agenda ."

"A student in Ohio claims she received a day of in-school suspension after she hung Bible verses on walls and lockers in response to LGBTQ pride flags decorating the halls. The teen also alleges that her principal said she was “targeting the [Gay-Straight Alliance] organization.”

In a video shared on her mother’s Facebook page, Gabby Helsinger details the incident that occurred at Lebanon High School. Her mother, Tina Helsinger, captioned the video, “Lebanon schools celebrates [sic] evil and punishes righteousness!!”"

In short, she victimized gay students and their supporters by putting bible verses on their lockers admonishing homosexuality, but she and her mom are claiming she's the victim. The cognitive dissonance drives me nuts.

I keep hearing and seeing "the gay agenda". What the hell is the "gay agenda"? 

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/03/13/anti-gay-christian-who-broke-school-rules-claims-she-got-punished-for-her-faith/?fbclid=IwAR0ojx3GnGw2z53nGSz-ZX6YwVN5H8ADqyt7q7UuIbX9aiP1M6Db-ngIjGw

I saw this article earlier today, which has more info - so it's a bullying/hate speech issue, but also that her posters did not go through the proper approval process (which the gay pride flags had done) to be hung in the school. She admitted that she didn't have the required permission (but claims to not know it was needed). 

This has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with following the requirements for items to be displayed in a public school.

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

61BH4TVfxKL._SL1000_.jpg

Just now, feministxtian said:

@Rowan I could do that...but I have a handicap...I'm straight. 

Me too, but I'm good with supporting my friends and family with their agenda. ? 

Just now, Rowan said:

Me too, but I'm good with supporting my friends and family with their agenda. ? 

I asked a friend of mine what the "gay agenda" is...he said...working hard and getting smashed. I'm SOOO happy for him, he's getting married this spring. After all these years, he finally found his life partner. They're on the other side of the country, but I can't wait for the wedding pics!

I can do Taco Tuesday and Brunch but I think Gay Tacos and Brunch would involve fabulousness and maybe drag queens!  :) Gabby could have asked for permission.  And Franklin Graham can just fuck right the fuck off.  

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Buy some more dish soap

Take the trash out

Be treated like a goddamn human being by society

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Apparently, we are supposed to get a manual and a free toaster.  I never received either.  

ON a serous note:  I have been hearing about the gay agenda since the late 1980's.  And NO ONE has ever been able to tell me exactly what it is.  It's nebulous.  All I can figure out is that the big bad scary gay people (Of which I am one) are going to take over the world and I don't know, make sure everyone dresses with some semblance of fashion and decorate our houses.   

I know that as a LGBTQI person, I just want to live my life with as little interference from others as possible.  That is MY gay agenda!  And my daughters also.  Actually, all my friends agenda!

Oh, and eat pie.  It's pi day!

She didn’t get permission to hang them up. She broke a rule. So they took them down and she was punished.

It has nothing to do with her being Christian. 

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I’m going to answer this seriously for once!

Groups of people, whether they are LGBT or not, publicly demanding LGBT people get the same rights as everyone else = the gay agenda

LGBT people being supported when the come out instead of shunned or told they are evil = the gay agenda 

Mass market cultural depictions of LGBT people that are fun, positive and respectful, instead of stereotypical or victimising = the gay agenda

LGBT people themselves getting to have a say in how they are treated = the gay agenda.

its basically a term that’s applied to any public decision involving treating LGBT people with respect, to make it sound like some shadowy conspiracy, instead of people wanting to make the lives, health and safety of other people better. I file it in the same basket as ‘virtue signalling’.

i would seriously like to ask these people what a world with no “gay agenda” looks like. It’s probably one where LGBT people have to live in secret, their issues are never spoken of except as crimes, are never depicted in positive ways and can be punished for what they are.

1 hour ago, CelticGoddess said:

Apparently, we are supposed to get a manual and a free toaster.  I never received either.  

ON a serous note:  I have been hearing about the gay agenda since the late 1980's.  And NO ONE has ever been able to tell me exactly what it is.  It's nebulous.  All I can figure out is that the big bad scary gay people (Of which I am one) are going to take over the world and I don't know, make sure everyone dresses with some semblance of fashion and decorate our houses.   

I know that as a LGBTQI person, I just want to live my life with as little interference from others as possible.  That is MY gay agenda!  And my daughters also.  Actually, all my friends agenda!

Oh, and eat pie.  It's pi day!

Manual?  Toaster?  I had to buy my own toaster!  And I don't even think it came with a manual!

But I could probably do tacos on Tuesday.  In fact, we did go out for fajita tacos on Tuesday so I guess I can check that box off. 

My version of the gay agenda would be a To Do List.  It would include things like unlimited crochet time.  (I am part of the B the LGBTQ "label").

According to a FB post put up today by one of my former students and his husband, the gay agenda includes laying down tile for a patio.

Gay agenda = campaigning for governor on an equality in all walks of life platform and his "X state need a family values governor" opponent somehow . . . . . . loosing.

Imagine that.  Because this state worked out last fall that saying "we need conservative family values" to someone who adopted two kids with his long time partner might not be the best choice for the state.  Rumor has it, Stapleton still can't figure out why or how he lost . . . . . 

Ok, I see why I don't get it. I've never thought that treating people how I want to be treated was some nefarious "agenda". 

But there's some folks who think they're "superior" and they couch it in all sorts of language that attempts to not come out and say things. Those of a particular religious "flavor" don't get that the One they claim to follow never said a word about sexuality. But they're a bunch of fucking idiots

They revitalized Asbury Park when even the mafia gave up.  That's saying something.

Typical Christian "persecution." "Whaaa, I'm required to follow the same rules as everyone else. Whaaa! Don't you know I'm a Christian? I'm special! Rules are for dirty atheists."

Archived