IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

Everyone is lining up and taking selfies before they enter the church.  Jana looks sad, but that could just be editing tbh. They all walk in and Josh is expertly edited out. 

The big reveal: Abbie's worried she's gonna cry and her dad 'worries' JD is gonna fall over. Abbie took JD's breath away when she was walking down the aisle and he can't stop smiling. Her dad hands her off *barf* to JD after making a self indulgent speech about giving her away. 

The sermon: It's JAbbie's day. This isn't something taken lightly and their parents have been praying for them. This is obviously very edited. The pastor makes some lame jokes. Abbie's dad comes up and does the vows. 

JD: "You are my vitreous women" "I will lead you by my example"
Abbie: "You are above and beyond what I expected" "I will fly where you fly" "I love you, Sugar Muffin"

Sugar Muffin is what they call each other. Abbie doesn't evan eat sugar JD says, but gluten free sugar free muffin is too long. Josiah apparently calls Lauren Sugar Baby sometimes as a joke.

The ring comes in on the drone and Abbie says she wasn't expecting any pranks (seriously??) and she was very surprised. No one else really seemed to be.

They exchange rings. Rings are a symbol bc they are never ending (we hear this at every f*cking wedding, I swear). SiRen awkwardly sing that song from earlier while JAbbie light their candle and sign the wedding certificate. Lauren mentioned how nervous she was earlier, but she looks more comfortable than Josiah imo. 

John does the weird kissing thing we've all seen. TLC apparently thought slowing the the kiss and cutting to commercial was a cool editing decision. JD wanted to take his time with the first kiss and not just dive into it. He wanted to give the guests their moneys worth. Abbie thought it was tender and precious. 

John says first kiss on the lips, so maybe he kissed her on the forehead. 

TH: everyone seems to think the kiss was awkward and no one takes the producers offer to recreate the kiss.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 21

That’s the second time TODAY I was almost certain there’d be pregnancy news! First, the JinJer thread was hot, now this one is ? wrong both times but I can’t say I’m not relieved! 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Markie said:

Anyone else laugh at the extremes the camera guys had to go to to avoid showing Josh or Zach on film? 

Wait--sorry if I'm missing something and this is a really dumb question, but who is Zack? All I can think of is Zack Bates and I can't think why he wouldn't be allowed on film. 

7 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

JD: "You are my vitreous women" "I will lead you by my example"

You're doing an awesome recap job, but also this is my favorite typo in just ages. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Just now, pippi said:

Wait--sorry if I'm missing something and this is a really dumb question, but who is Zack? All I can think of is Zack Bates and I can't think why he wouldn't be allowed on film. 

I think his seventh groomsman was Zach Bates. Since the Bateses are featured on another network, Up Tv, TLC refuses to show them on their network. We never saw Carlin Bates at Joy’s wedding. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

SiRen and Benesssa jokingly recreate the kiss scene, JB and Michelle do too, but it's just gross. 

Reception time

Laura and Jana are relieved the ceremony went well, but now it's on to the reception. Some of the decorations have been taken down by the wind. I'm surprised nothing was mentioned about the breakfast food.

JAbbie cut the cake and feed each other. Abbie tells JD to kiss her again. They feel very grateful for all of the support. All the couples talk about what they love about the newlywed period. JAbbie thank Jana and fly off into the sunset. There's a lot of talking by everyone, but nothing interesting/new is said.

Announcement Time

A few days after the wedding, JinJer are in AR w/ Benessa. Jessa gives them some hair bows w/ a card saying there's a 50% chance she'll be asking for the gifts back in the summer of 2019. JinJer are shocked. Jessa's 10 weeks along and usually waits until 12 weeks to say anything, but JinJer were told first, since they won't be in town for awhile. 

The producers tell everyone in TH that Jessa's pregnant. Everyone's excited, but no one seems surprised lol. Kendra cries tears of joy for them. They head to the TTH to celebrate. Ben's worried about being outnumbered and knows Spurgeon & Henry aren't old enough to help out. 

Plans for Next Year

Joe & Kendra: Building a House, maybe having more kids. 

Josiah & Lauren: Maybe having a kid

Jinger & Jeremy: Watching Felicity grow up and develop a personality

Joy & Austin: Having a baby #2, since Gideon almost walking

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 27

Oh duh of course. Forgot about that...I was trying to think of negative reasons for not being shown, like Josh. Sorry, I've had a fever the last couple days and it's slowing down my brain a bit ?

• Upvote 3

Hey Ben, it's a little late to be worrying about being outnumbered with 3 kids under 4.  

You think having 2 under 2 was a challenge....:pb_lol:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7

50 minutes ago, Markie said:

I think his seventh groomsman was Zach Bates. Since the Bateses are featured on another network, Up Tv, TLC refuses to show them on their network. We never saw Carlin Bates at Joy’s wedding. 

I know they're good friends but If I'm not mistaken someone said that Nathan Bates was a groomsman. Maybe he and JD became closer doing Missions together.

• Upvote 3

I’m glad that Jeremy and Jinger do not intend to get pregnant. They want to move and hang out with this baby. 

Joy....sad. I see myself pregnant or with Baby #2. It wasn’t even God’s will, like Kendra and Joe.

Lauren....well, I hope if she does she waits to announce. That was excrutiating and I think she didn’t stop living it until this aired.

• Upvote 17

I loved that hug that Jana and John gave each other before John and Abbie flew away. I think that was a lovely, genuine moment.

Go away Michelle and Jim Bob. Ugh. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Did they show the Dillards?

Nope. I didn't see them.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I recently watched a rerun of Michaela Bates wedding, and they showed Jana several times.  She was a bridesmaid.  I saw several other Duggars in the background of various scenes too.  I guess UP isn't as anal as TLC.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Did they show the Dillards?

No, but I think I got a quick glimpse of Israel in the wedding party. They had a lot of little kids in their wedding.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I guess the show will be back in June with JAbbie's honeymoon, the arrival of Threewald, and JinJer's move. Hopefully if there are any new developments before then, they'll stay quiet long enough that there's at least some surprises for the show, not that pregnancy announcements are a big surprise in this family.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Hey Ben, it's a little late to be worrying about being outnumbered with 3 kids under 4.  

You think having 2 under 2 was a challenge....:pb_lol:

ben is like that - he worries about things after they happen. 

he worried about the engagement after 

he worried about getting married after 

he worried about  baby no. 1 after

it's his pattern

6 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

No, but I think I got a quick glimpse of Israel in the wedding party. They had a lot of little kids in their wedding.

i saw jill at that same time i saw izzy 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, BernRul said:

Did Lauren really use the word "serve"? She's never seen a husband serve his wife, cuz I guess it's usually the other way around.

Wow...

This.

Who . . . really, who . . .  wouldn't do what he did if his own wife were so sick?  OK, I am sure that there are some asshole husbands who wouldn't, but don't you think that most husbands would take care of their wives?  This reminds me of when Austin "took care" of Joy after her C-section.  Like he was Albert Freaking Schweitzer.  I wonder if they imagine that ungodly men would expect their ill wives to just snap out of it?  

• Upvote 16
  • Love 8

I still don't believe there is genuine romantic love between Josiah and Lauren. However,  I really think Lauren is trying her hardest and really wants things to work out,  while Josiah is less invested but is still trying to make the best of the situation. I guess they're trying to fake it 'til they make it 

Edited for teeny spelling error

Edited by TZmom
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 13

I feel sad for Lauren, in many ways. She is young and has had a rather traumatic start to married life. Being married into the Duggar family, for one, but also being married to Josiah in particular.

I hope that she and Josiah can find fulfilling purpose outside of raising a family, and just try to enjoy life as a couple of young adults with somewhat of a new found freedom.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

This.

Who . . . really, who . . .  wouldn't do what he did if his own wife were so sick?  OK, I am sure that there are some asshole husbands who wouldn't, but don't you think that most husbands would take care of their wives?  This reminds me of when Austin "took care" of Joy after her C-section.  Like he was Albert Freaking Schweitzer.  I wonder if they imagine that ungodly men would expect their ill wives to just snap out of it?  

I have a fundie friend who married and then had a miscarriage and 3 births in the first 3 years of marriage, (+ more following). Recently she wrote an IG BD post to her  3rd child, a grown daughter who lives outside the country, andin that post she remarked how this girl was such an easy baby. Evidently, she had her at 5 AM and was home serving her entire family lunch by the afternoon. WHAT? I guess she didn’t realize how poorly that reflected on her husband. This is my friend who has 9-11 pound , unmediated vaginal births!

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 10

Nice to see Abbie having fun getting ready with her (rainbow-haired, shoulder-baring, no less!) friend from nursing school. 

Is this pastor freaking anyone else out? I don't know a thing about him, but he looks like Phil from Modern Family's evil brother and I'm having a visceral reaction. 

Edited by pippi
Was watching while typing and wanted to add something.
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Plans for Next Year

Joe & Kendra: Building a House, maybe having more kids. 

Josiah & Lauren: Maybe having a kid

Jinger & Jeremy: Watching Felicity grow up and develop a personality

Joy & Austin: Having a baby #2, since Gideon almost walking

That was the best answer. Instead of just another baby to add to the quiver, they actually want to enjoy the baby they have. 

22 minutes ago, pippi said:

Nice to see Abbie having fun getting ready with her (rainbow-haired, shoulder-baring, no less!) friend from nursing school. 

Is this pastor freaking anyone else out? I don't know a thing about him, but he looks like Phil from Modern Family's evil brother and I'm having a visceral reaction. 

He did! If you ever saw the remake of Dawn of the Dead, Ty Burrell who plays Phil is in it. The pastor looked like his character after he turned into a zombie! 

13 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Ben and Jessa looked really unenthusiastic about being sister moms on the road trip to the wedding. 

The nightmare of running on Duggar time appeared to hit both Ben (in the road trip) and Jeremy (vaccuming the church in his fancy clothes :lol:) in the face. Loved that. Oh gentlemen. You married this.

John and Abbie’s first kiss was cute. (imo) The other kids gracefully were repulsed by reenacting it. jB and Michelle ewwww. 

I really didn't need to see those two on here. Enough. 

13 hours ago, Helena Handbaket said:

If Lauren was losing THAT much blood, shouldn't she have been in the hospital? And what did she need to be carried around for? 

I know. She made it sound like she was near death..... did she even see the doctor?? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

This.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Gothard speak at Priscilla and David's wedding, and he was lecturing about the value of having no expectations (so you'll appreciate what your spouse does and not be disappointed otherwise).

34 minutes ago, pippi said:

I was only semi paying attention to the show and he creeped me out.  Like you, a visceral reaction.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic