IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

Watching this weeks episode, yeah its  19KAC. Some observations. 

I like the idea of family night, games with siblings are a blast, I can't really snark too much, but a lot of it was very staged. 

Those kids need more education, all that time wasted playing games for TV They could be in classrooms learning. 

It seems to me that either Joy & Austin are too busy to play TLC games or they just aren't interested in fake TV family fun. There are obvious reasons why Josh & family aren't their, or Jill & family aren't their. Jinjer are out of state so that gives them a free pass, but Joy & Austin live in the area and they aren't taking part of the filming, it seems to have nothing to do with losing Annabel as it does with them no wanting to play stupid games. 

I'm wondering if we'll hear about Annabel at all on the show? 

• Upvote 14

I think there could be a few reasons why Joy and Austin are not really participating in the show:

At the time this particular episode was filmed Joy was also in her first trimester so she could have been dealing with exhaustion and morning sickness. Not really fun to deal with while camping with a 1 year old in tow.

Of the couples still allowed on the show, Austin is the only spouse that has a job outside of the Duggar family businesses (besides Jeremy who has distance as an excuse) so I imagine he can't just take days off work to film their random adventures and get-togethers.

But yes, judging by their talking heads I wouldn't be surprised if they honestly were just over the show.

• Upvote 15

Why are dimbulb and j'chelle back on the show? It was somewhat tolerable without them on it. This show is supposed to be about the "adult" children. I can not bleeping stand dimbulb, I watch the entire show with my finger on the mute button so I don't have to hear his voice. 

I got sucked into Welcome to Plathville, does that show have it's own thread? I looked but didn't see one. If one does not watch TV or know who Justin Beiber is (we should all be so lucky) how does one land a TV show? I am pretty sure I will be muting that dad also. I am fascinated at the "rebellion" in this household. I don't think this family used blanket training.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 11/12/2019 at 7:05 PM, Anna Bolinas said:

Michelle is the only person to correctly guess that NoHo means “North Hollywood”, but not before guessing “North Holland.” Other guesses include “no gardening” and “when Santa comes, but he doesn’t say ‘ho!’” (yes, I snorted)

Sorry LA, but NoHo is definitely North of Houston ?(and that's pronounced like how-ston, not hue-ston)

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

On 10/31/2019 at 7:08 PM, nst said:

which would consist of slapping together pictures of what....xmas decorations on trees. 

Don't quite get your comment. It was my understanding that the FJ "scrapbooking" concern had nothing to do with Christmas but meant don't just post pictures with no commentary, like might be done with a photo album or by leghumpers. I have never done and will never do this, don't care one way or the other (it's an open secret that Duggar and Bates admirers are members here, that's a battle that will never be won), was just offering a point of clarification. 

Edited by SilverBeach

4 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think there could be a few reasons why Joy and Austin are not really participating in the show:

At the time this particular episode was filmed Joy was also in her first trimester so she could have been dealing with exhaustion and morning sickness. Not really fun to deal with while camping with a 1 year old in tow.

Of the couples still allowed on the show, Austin is the only spouse that has a job outside of the Duggar family businesses (besides Jeremy who has distance as an excuse) so I imagine he can't just take days off work to film their random adventures and get-togethers.

But yes, judging by their talking heads I wouldn't be surprised if they honestly were just over the show.

Kendra & Lauren were also in their 1st trimesters, and they didn't seem to mind. I'm guessing they are just over the stupidity of the show. 

As for the Plaths, I tried to watch it, but Rufus help me, I can't. I'm just waiting to find out which one of those very VERY white men diddled a sibling/child or "family friend".  Another group of dumb useless adults that will have no benefit to society but drain resources we don't have for their white pride jeubs brand of republicanism christianity. I'm gonna take a pass on that shit show.  

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Kendra & Lauren were also in their 1st trimesters, and they didn't seem to mind. I'm guessing they are just over the stupidity of the show. 

Every pregnancy is different though. I could have camped in my first trimester, I had barely any nausea at all. My friend who was expecting at the same time as me spent about 60% of her first trimester in the bathroom (or so she says lol). Kendra and Lauren may not have felt too bad, and maybe Joy wasn't as lucky. Not saying that's definitely the reason (I do think Austin, at least, is over the TLC circus) just that you can't really say "Kendra and Lauren did it so Joy could have done it too." 

I kind of want to watch the Plaths because I'm really interested to see what becomes of the heathen daughter who *gasp* wants to go to college, and the son whose wife is slowly pulling him out of the fog. But I can't get sucked into another TV show!! ?

• Upvote 10

31 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Every pregnancy is different though. I could have camped in my first trimester, I had barely any nausea at all. My friend who was expecting at the same time as me spent about 60% of her first trimester in the bathroom (or so she says lol). Kendra and Lauren may not have felt too bad, and maybe Joy wasn't as lucky. Not saying that's definitely the reason (I do think Austin, at least, is over the TLC circus) just that you can't really say "Kendra and Lauren did it so Joy could have done it too." 

Even pregnancy to pregnancy for one person can be different. I had next to no symptoms my first pregnancy. Just heartburn towards the end.

this time around I get major motion sickness in the car if I do anything besides stare at the road, nausea from 8pm till midnight to the point where I can’t sleep because I feel like throwing up if I lay in bed, and I’m so freaking tired that I can barely function without taking a nap. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

Did anyone catch Lauren's quick snark about Henry crying when they asker her how she slept?  It was a glimpse into her real personality I think.

Are they intentionally trying to make Josiah look as manly as possible?  No more colorful bow ties, just dirty trucker hats, climbing trees, and racing across a river.

JimBob falling into the river right after he tried to turn it into a competition was classic!  Also love how he suggested a cash prize, but then when he didn't win, he told Josiah his prize was a hot dog and a hamburger.

I think Josh, Jill, Jinger, Joy, Jer, Jason, and James weren't there.  I can't imagine if they all had been there (plus spouses and kids).  Jill's kids are missing out.  

I hated that the girls had to go back to cook and set up the tents while the guys got to do a "fun" activity, but at least we didn't have to see anyone hiking in skirts and flip flops.

I agree with the poster that said Michelle seems a bit more focused and spirited this season.  

There was a lot of gross JB and Michelle smooching.

I have to hand it to Ben for always seeming to be a good sport.  Also, his modern clothing choices look good on him and out of place amidst the Duggars.  He obviously has no say in how they dress their boys.  (Not a criticism, I think always look very cute and well dress but I wonder if Ben would like them to have some sportier clothes). Also, I think Hannie has a crush on him.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, freshlemonade said:

Did anyone catch Lauren's quick snark about Henry crying when they asker her how she slept?  It was a glimpse into her real personality I think.

And then she quickly followed it up by saying, "But it didn't matter anyway, because I was already up with morning sickness." Someone on the Josiah/Lauren thread recently made a post about Lauren's stunted maturity, and I think this is an example of that. It's like when I was in high school and someone would say, "Oh, I only got six hours of sleep last night," and someone else would jump in with, "Well only got four hours of sleep last night, so. You know." 

• Upvote 13

I love Jordyn’s Inflection and stare for “well not with our whole family”. She is so not here for Producer Scott’s bullshit. (Sigh, it’s only a matter of time before the squash that right out of her and she starts “keeping sweet”) 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

On 11/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, TZmom said:

Did anything happen on the latest episode? I know I watched it last night, but I honestly don't remember a thing.

One benefit- I got sucked into watching two episodes of Welcome to Plathville after. Those parents are....something else, but at least the show is interesting.

I only saw the first episode of Plathville, but I was enraged by the way the dad talked about his kids never having tried a coke. He just seemed to get so much Glee out of depriving his kids of simple pleasures and experiences. The show was more interesting than CO though because there is the clashing of the new in-law and the "rebellious" daughter with the parents 

• Upvote 6

I haven’t seen the latest episode of Counting On and not sure if I will. Can anyone tell me if JinJer’s house in Laredo has sold or are they renting it out? 

Just now, Markie said:

I haven’t seen the latest episode of Counting On and not sure if I will. Can anyone tell me if JinJer’s house in Laredo has sold or are they renting it out? 

They didn’t say on the show. Not sure if anyone has heard anything elsewhere.

They sold it.  Some tabloid published the information.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Michelle said on this week’s show that the camping trip reminded her of “when all 19 were at home.” You never had 19 children at home, Michelle. Josh got married when you were pregnant with #18. 

Can anyone tell me what my current post count title means? It’s “Swift Otter's Chief Syngergist”, in case it changes soon. I searched but couldn’t find it.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Added question
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Can anyone tell me what my current post count title means? It’s “Swift Otter's Chief Syngergist”, in case it changes soon. I searched but couldn’t find it.

Swift Otter is a Maxwell company that builds websites and helps "online merchants in marketing (search-engine optimization, pay-per-click, design and copywriting) and development (adding features to your website)." Joseph is the Director and both Jesse and Christopher work for him, although the relationship is deliberately obscured. Steve is their chief synergist but at one point I believe it was misspelled as syngergist. 

The company used to present a more amateur appearance, the family's religious views were very prominent. These days it appears to be more professional- they even have three non-family employees and are hiring. 

https://swiftotter.com/#/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

11 hours ago, bethover89 said:

I only saw the first episode of Plathville, but I was enraged by the way the dad talked about his kids never having tried a coke. He just seemed to get so much Glee out of depriving his kids of simple pleasures and experiences. The show was more interesting than CO though because there is the clashing of the new in-law and the "rebellious" daughter with the parents 

Way more interesting than CO in my opinion. I really like that daughter in law, she does not care what her in-laws think. When she was talking about having alcohol in her house and how she introduces her husband to all the things he's not supposed to have I was like "get it girl." 

• Upvote 5

Is it just me or has this show and the Bates show gotten much more forward about showing them praying and praising God? 

• I Agree 1

Regarding Monday nights over at the TTH, Anna has shared several times about those nights on her Instagram. She definitely attends them (I think with her whole family). 
I went over to Instagram for a moment to see if I could find some of these posts. I found one and will add it below. Also, notice Jill is in the picture too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I also established a sort of Monday family evening. We call it media-free-monday (no phones, no tv, no computer - you get it) and use it to actually concentrate on another (talk, play board games, cook a big dinner). I was loosely inspired by the Mormon concept of Family Home Evening- which was always on a Monday when I read about it. We obviously do it without religion. 

I chuckled because in my mind I immediately thought the Duggars got inspired by them too. Those Mormon Mommy’s with their blogs, instagrams and YT do pretty good job to sell their religion. And FHE is actually a great idea that can easily adapted for everyone. That’s exactly what our Fundies strive for.

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I also established a sort of Monday family evening. We call it media-free-monday (no phones, no tv, no computer - you get it) and use it to actually concentrate on another (talk, play board games, cook a big dinner). I was loosely inspired by the Mormon concept of Family Home Evening- which was always on a Monday when I read about it. We obviously do it without religion. 

I chuckled because in my mind I immediately thought the Duggars got inspired by them too. Those Mormon Mommy’s with their blogs, instagrams and YT do pretty good job to sell their religion. And FHE is actually a great idea that can easily adapted for everyone. That’s exactly what our Fundies strive for.

The Mormons were my first thought too when learning of Duggar Family Night. I suspect they took the idea from some Mormon blog but want to pretend it's a Duggar thing.

I only learned about Mormon Family Night from watching South Park, and since it's unlikely Fundies watch that show, the Duggars have a decent shot at making Family Night the next big thing in fundamentalist Christianity - and taking all the credit. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, shesinsane said:

I only learned about Mormon Family Night from watching South Park, and since it's unlikely Fundies watch that show, the Duggars have a decent shot at making Family Night the next big thing in fundamentalist Christianity - and taking all the credit. 

Lol at the thought of the Duggars sitting around watching South Park!!! I can see Michelle's face now!!! 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic